Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,477)

Showing posts 69,521 - 69,540 of123,868
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

"Are Corporate America Tax Dodgers Sinking America?(VIDEO)."

Click here:
http://www.examiner.com/article/are-corporate...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text> There were 165,068 murders between 2000-2010 in all states except Florida.I doubt that Iraq has that many. When we respond to terrorist attacks against Americans, that in no way is adding fuel to the fire. The fire was started by Muslim terrorists. We are still there putting it out.You can admit the reality that Muslim terrorists are trying to kill every American and other Westerners because they hate our way of life, our religion and our freedom or you can make excuses for the head choppers who target an 8 year old boy watching the Boston Marathon.
Vet you say the U.S. is not a stable place with turmoil and strife all over the world. That is a grim statement!
In the same time frame Iraq Civilians have lost between 110,000 to over a million killed. With a population of around 31 million, while the U.S. has a population of over 310 million.
I beleive this whole thing(911 attack) started with us sending over a huge American military(99% Christian) to Saudi Arabia soil. A place the Muslims think of as sacred. Then bin Laden a wealthy Muslim(maybe part of the 98% rich)put together a group of other Muslims to fight this act.
Vet, what would you do if a foreign army(99% Muslim) came to Georgia?
Muslims don't care about our freedoms!
Yes it's horrific that an 8 year old American was killed, but in Iraq this happens almost everyday.........to them it's like a traffic accident.
The bombs they use cause far more damage than a "pressure cooker". the bombs they use, you would have to scrap the remains of kids off the wall to I.D. them.
I see you left out Florida in your stats, interesting!
Anyway when I go to Florida, my stomach turns into a knot, when I go to that "Third World Banana Republic". The only thing I love about Florida is getting in the boat and go out to do some Blue Water fishing, scuba diving, skin diving, spearfishing ect. But I can't stand to just anchor the boat and bottom fish, as to me that is as boring as playing golf.
Anyway Vet enjoy your Sunday with your family. Thank God that you are an American!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
They had written a bill that would have given him (pres) the ability to move money around should the sequester go into force. Rem. It was his (Obama's) idea,, sequester. Yes, they have the ability to do that. The bill just give him that ability to move it where he saw fit. That is his job of the executive branch.
I know it's hard for you to grasp, but this law was never supposed to take effect. The result was designed to be SO unpalatable to both parties that neither would allow it to pass. Instead, this hastily designed club or wedge DID become law because congress is frozen in idealogical trench warfare.
Obama COULD have gotten the ability to move money, and with that, the blame for cuts in cancer research, meals on wheels, Headstart, layoffs at military bases etc. and I'm sure you would have loved that....I suspect you would have been one of the first to point that out ! BUT that isn't how the law ended up being written. Congress which created the monster by PASSING the law, and congress deserves the blame.
Ironic isn't it how fast they can pass legislation when it involves themselves and the flying public....but when it comes to meals for old folks.....they need to study that for a few....months, years....maybe decades.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
The trickle down theory is just that. Rem, When Ronald Reagan took office, the unemployment was about 14%, inflation about 17% and interest rates in some cases went as high as 21% on a home loan.
The theory states that if: I give a company owner(s) a tax break, a low interest loan (for capital and buildings), they (the owners) will use it to increase their business. By increasing their businesses the owners need to hire more people. True, they could hire temp employees instead of PRN or part-time employees. It really does not matter except to Unions who have no control of Temp service businesses. The number of hours needed is the same whether they hire a temp or other. If the hours needed get high enough, then the company will most likely hire fulltime employees instead of the using temps.(Keep in mind the temp services charges $17-20/per hour even if it is a low (minimum) wage worker. The worker does not see this but the temp service charges this.) When you put more people to work, they spend more, the more they work the more they spend and the more inventory factories have to make to sell to these people. It is a circle. You work, you buy, the company sells more, the company hires more. KNOWN and the 'Trickle Down Theory' GET IT I doubt but , hey I tried.
I guess everyone is selectively forgetting the wonderful Jimmy Carter years.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
The trickle down theory is just that. Rem, When Ronald Reagan took office, the unemployment was about 14%, inflation about 17% and interest rates in some cases went as high as 21% on a home loan.
The theory states that if:
We all know what the theory states, and a lot of us think Bush I was right when he called it "voodoo ecnomics".
The Reagan policies began the decline in wages for middle class Americans that continues to this day, and his "deficits don't matter" when you spend the money on the military, is still Republican boilerplate now.
An adjusted for inflation 4% total wage increase for American workers in 30 YEARS refutes completely your contention that unions were the problem for American businesses.
Wages have been flat, benefits declned, and now families with two incomes are struggling to provide what one income did. While people like you are lamenting the fact that government has had to pick up the slack with social programs, when if real wages had kept up, those workers would NEVER have qualified for those benefits at all. Meanwhile the 1% have seen their wealth holdings skyrocket.
This is the Reagan legacy.....his "gift" to Americans.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Okay, I agree with the first part, now that you put it that way !
Impossible ? Hardly, in fact our country is in the process of accomplishing that as I type this.
Healthcare should not be something available only to those with enough money to afford it, lik a boat a second home or a diamond neckace, especially in the richest country in the world.
I guess what your doctor was telling you was that he isn't making money by the buckets full, and that Obamacare was not going to be a windfall for him either. Well, he can join the rest of us Americans who haven't exactly been on easy street lately. We have all found our paychecks stay the same or shrink for years. Those of us lucky enough to get a paycheck that is.
I predict that poll of doctors will be proven wrong, that doctors will continue to take Medicare patients and Obamacare patients will be welcomed as well, and we won't have as long to wait as those historians will take to evaluate the success of Iraq, to find out which one of us is right !
OT, the way I see the ACA and the Doctors, is the Doctor yes will be getting less money per patient, BUT that same Doctor will have more patients..........thus more income$$$! That is as simple as I can make it.
Bottom line, at the end of the day when all is said and done, the Doctor will be cleaning up$$$$$!
Yes some Doctors will be crying........but they will be crying all the way to the bank!
Tired

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

I wonder what impact, if any, these tragedies in foreign sweat-shops making products for US companies will have.
dont get emotional

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

tea party tea party wrote:
<quoted text>you must have fell out of the stupid tree and hit every limb on the way down....show me what post you are talking about you lying dumbass bitch.
Another priceless gem from the un-emotional poster!
im not a crook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like people selectively forgetting the wonderful Richard "I'm not a crook" Nixon who hopped on a helicopter before his behind got impeached. Get realistic, there are bums on both sides.
holly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Hey,)W. No, had some Krystals a couple of hours ago and am full as a tick.Oh, I don't cook. The esposa is a gourmet cook but she didn't feel like cooking tonight.
Vet, I've been reading this thread for while now and I usually don't agree with you, but I respect your opinions. It's nice that people can have a lively discussion on here without getting too hateful. Anyway, when you said you had some Krystals, I felt an immediate bond. No one in my family or circle of friends like Krystals, in fact they hate them. I don't know of anyone in town who lioves Krystals as much as I do. So next time you go, call me. We'll eat a bagful and talk about politics, politely of course!
galturd

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

youtube.com/watch...
excuse of a Bigot,,just vote G Bush
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
I wonder what impact, if any, these tragedies in foreign sweat-shops making products for US companies will have.
None...unless and until the consumer decides the companies selling thos goods here should be punished for those conditions and withholds their dollars by not buying their products.
No matter what Mitt said, corporations are not people and they exist for one purpose, to make money for their owners, the shareholders. The ONLY thing that changes corporate behavior is money or the lack thereof.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't forgotten ! I started a business in those Carter years....I had a home loan, a business property loan, a couple of operating loans and that isn't all ! The average interest rate on those was something like 16%, and the total was not an insubstantial number, even by today's standards. I should have been scared stiff, but I was young and foolish.
I got lucky and worked my tail off too.
I could write a long paragraph on what the Reagan policies did TO me, but I won't bore you "Pete". Suffice to say that after one Reagan term, I had had enough of Reagan and the Republicans. I... a staunch supporter of Nixon, only voted for a Republican Presidential candidate one more time since.....and with the right-wing candidates they insist on nominating, I see little chance that will happen again anytime soon.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't forgotten ! I started a business in those Carter years....I had a home loan, a business property loan, a couple of operating loans and that isn't all ! The average interest rate on those was something like 16%, and the total was not an insubstantial number, even by today's standards. I should have been scared stiff, but I was young and foolish.
I got lucky and worked my tail off too.
I could write a long paragraph on what the Reagan policies did TO me, but I won't bore you "Pete". Suffice to say that after one Reagan term, I had had enough of Reagan and the Republicans. I... a staunch supporter of Nixon, only voted for a Republican Presidential candidate one more time since.....and with the right-wing candidates they insist on nominating, I see little chance that will happen again anytime soon.
Hi OT. I can't imagine having to start or run a business with those high interest rates. Kudos to you for your success even with those hurdles. I will pass on commenting on the Reagan policies because I did that in an earlier post, but we will simply have to disagree on that one. Hope you have a good day!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Duh, I just told you why in my previous Posts...in detail! If you think I'm going to keep repeating it , just because you wouldn't read it the first time, you're NUTS!
Let me explain something to you, Bubba...if you're going to participate in a conversation, you HAVE to listen to what the Other People are saying...in this case, posting! If you don't, your comments come across as really stupid! In real Life, that's when everybody gets really quiet. Ever notice that happening when you're talking to people in a Real Life conversation? I'll bet you have, but I'll also bet you didn't have a clue why, because again, you were daydreaming and not paying attention to what anybody else was saying, but you decided to chime in, anyway. Stopped the conversation dead in it's tracks, didn't it? Want me to tell you what they were thinking, but not saying? I'll betcha, it was something along the lines of, "He didn't just say that...DID HE"?
NO your are blaming the consevatives and anybody but the liberal democrats for temp service. I just set you straight.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Dude, I've never worked for a Temp Service in my life and I would not work for one. But, I did work for a Company that hired a Temp Company to take Applications, Interview, and do the Drug Test,(which was a joke compared to real Drug Tests), for the Company, instead of the Company doing it, themselves.
Second of all, Workers Comp is actually an Insurance Policy for the Company, in case a Worker gets hurt, the Company doesn't have to pay the Liabilty Claim. So, unless it's changed since I retired , which I doubt, neither one has to have Workmans' Comp, but they're taking a heck of a chance if they don't and opening themselves up to major Liability Payments out of Pocket, if one of their workers gets hurt on the job.
The only reason the Temp company has it is for the Ones who work for them. I guarantee you that the Employees that actually work FOR the Company, not just AT the Company, are covered by the "Company's" Workers Comp!
When you're hired through a Temporary Service, you actually work FOR the Temporary Service, NOT for the Company! You're paid less than a Company Worker doing the same job...that's how the Temp Service makes it's money...they get the difference in pay. You pick up your check at the Temp Service, not at the Company, like the Company workers do. Just to make a long story short, Every piece of business that a Company Worker takes care of, AT the Company, a Temp Worker takes care of at the Temp Service Office because that is your actual Employer and Everything you have is through them, NOT the Company.
I believe I jsut said that. Your cognitive reasoning are almost nothing.
Rebelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

If we don't start doing the right thing for this city, county, state and country things are only going to get much worse. We need to leave party lines behind and focus on what is most important to pull this country out of the financial disaster our politicians have created by selling us off to the highest bidders. The republicans and democrats have sold us out to corporate sponsors. "The JOB CREATORS" are only creating jobs in other countries and while NO ONE should have to suffer or die because they don't have insurance or money. BUT without a public option to help control the cost of health care, the insurance and pharmaceutical industries are still dictating OUR costs to bolster THEIR profits. The last 13 years have taught me how damn stupid people are and it's alarming!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Temporary Workers and Temporary Worker Agencies have been around for a very long time, in big Cities and they wer all Clerical and Office Workers until Reagan's Years and the Trickle Down Economic Throry change, at whaich time they expanded to the Manufacturing Industry.
Before that, they were usually People who only wanted to work Parttime, without any set schedule or requirement to be there everyday, such as Students, Mothers, etc. who just wanted to earn some extra money, with no committments that a fulltime Job requires , and that wouldn't go against them, when they did seek Fulltime Employment. They could turn it down if they were called on a certain day that they had something else to do, and it wouldn't go against them on their work record because they had that option.
If somebody was going to be off for vacation or because of illness, the employer would call a Temp Service for somebody to fill in for that employee that was going to be off. It might be a day or a couple of weeks, but usually no more than a month, at one Company or Office. and sometimes, it would just be that an Employer might need an extra Person to do something like help with Inventory or something similar, for a day or two...and they would call the Temp Service. Sometimes, a Temp Worker would work 5 different places in 5 days, too. The Temp Worker was totally in control of how much they worked and if they accepted the job that was offered to them, or not. Plus, Temp Workers were paid MORE back then, for the same job than the regular Office worker made that worked for the Company, just because of the inconvience of changing job places all the time and working constantly in unfamiliar surroundings.
But then, when Temp Services went into the Manufacturing Industry and the Rural Areas, it all changed and became what it is today, A Worker rip-off, IMO!
Don't know if the time line (8yrs) is right but yes it was inevitable for companies to hire temps. Please reread my earlier post and try---try to understand it. In a way it was Pres. Reagan's fault. He created an atmosphere in the country where private companies and small businesses could grow. Thus they needed more employees and instead of spending a lot of time hunting for them, they turned to temp services.

Now you are going to see a lot more of this after Obama care becomes full blown in 2014 and of course you and the dem/lib wits will believe it is the business man's fault.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Linda,(hope I can use that name, if not just say so)I see you have been going back and forth with the Conservatives, that think one day they too just might become rich like the 2-3%, while in the mean time they are working very very hard........but for some reason........ahh yes those dang Liberal Policy are holding them back.
Might as well jump right in there. Yes the liberal policies are holding the companies back, clear and simple. dem/lib wits
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Well since Al Jazeera covers all sides of an issue, they along with 9 other TV Channels are being kicked out of Iraq.
So much for "Freedom of the Press".
Iraq......such a waste of American blood and money!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,521 - 69,540 of123,868
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

142 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WW rants same bs nearly 2 yrs ago 7 min Non-Fan 2
J Carter Gas $0.65 cents... Obama Gas $3.47 7 min greene guy 1
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 7 min _Word Woman_ 159
tony christian has sister named thelma 11 min Just asking 123 2
Greene County Clerk Race 12 min Berry 128
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 40 min REO 58,238
Nolichucky River & USN 44 min dingleberry 20
wreck 107 46 min Watching17 11
Greene County Mayor's Race Sat Mayor 2018 107