still amused

Livingston, TN

#77405 Apr 27, 2013
ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gig's up and you're so busted! Drown with it if you insist!
By her remarks that went over her head too fast.....
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77406 Apr 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not. Temp Services have been around, Prominently, since the 1980's! They were invented to supply the "Trickle Down" Employers with Workers until they could move their Companies out of the U.S. into cheaper Labor Markets! Lifetime Company Job Employees left, thanks to Ronald Reagan, and Temp Service Employees took their place!
You make it sound like the gov. invented temp services,,, Guess they are like AL gore.. Father of the internet.lmao

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#77407 Apr 27, 2013
"Obama Jokes About Radical 2nd Term Changes."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-jokes-radical-2nd...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#77408 Apr 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not. Temp Services have been around, Prominently, since the 1980's! They were invented to supply the "Trickle Down" Employers with Workers until they could move their Companies out of the U.S. into cheaper Labor Markets! Lifetime Company Job Employees left, thanks to Ronald Reagan, and Temp Service Employees took their place!
You may resent the truth of the subject post in question, but it is factual and correct! You are not capable of understanding the nature of, and/or composite functions of venture capital in the arcitecture of industry and commerce in America. I observe your postings on these subjects and find them grievous at a minimum! I understand your drive to advance what most of us recognize as a destructive agenda by this administration and accept the reality of your emotional storm, but your capricious attributions are deranged!

Location hidden

#77409 Apr 27, 2013
still amused wrote:
<quoted text>
By her remarks that went over her head too fast.....
Apparently so! But then, I used to Adult conversation, not Juvenile Blabber to try and sound "cool". I'm way past having to constantly try and prove my self-worth, that insecurity and immaturity causes Youth to have to do, so they think! They'll eventually learn better, but it takes awhile for some of them.
dixie

Bellevue, WA

#77410 Apr 27, 2013
Could we just let this fade away as we will not vote 2010 ?

Location hidden

#77411 Apr 27, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
You make it sound like the gov. invented temp services,,, Guess they are like AL gore.. Father of the internet.lmao
No, the Gov't. had nothing to do with it. The Wealthy Corporations and the wealthy Business Men created the "Need" and, some Enterprising Small-time Business Types took an idea from obscurity, that had been around for awhile, expanded it to fill that "Need" and the rest is history!

Location hidden

#77412 Apr 27, 2013
dixie wrote:
Could we just let this fade away as we will not vote 2010 ?
Not to give you no short answer but...NO!:)

Location hidden

#77413 Apr 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Gov't. had nothing to do with it. The Wealthy Corporations and the wealthy Business Men created the "Need" and, some Enterprising Small-time Business Types took an idea from obscurity, that had been around for awhile, expanded it to fill that "Need" and the rest is history!
Correction: I guess you could say that Gov't. DID cause it , too...because Ronald Reagan's Trickle Down Theory of Economics that we changed to, DID create the "Need" that caused all the other things to come into major existence. It was like a Domino Effect...when the "Trickle Down' shifted our Economy in favor of the Rich and Powerful and away from the American Worker, new "Needs" cropped up, that weren't very prominent or in demand before that time, such as Temp Workers. Over the years since then, they have become a Major Industry all of their own!

Location hidden

#77414 Apr 27, 2013
ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
You may resent the truth of the subject post in question, but it is factual and correct! You are not capable of understanding the nature of, and/or composite functions of venture capital in the arcitecture of industry and commerce in America. I observe your postings on these subjects and find them grievous at a minimum! I understand your drive to advance what most of us recognize as a destructive agenda by this administration and accept the reality of your emotional storm, but your capricious attributions are deranged!
I give up, OW, you don't get it and you never will! I'll bet you get alot of strange looks and People get away from you, just as soon as they can, once you open your mouth...would I be right?
If I am, here's the reason...what you say has no point and no meaning. It's just a bunch of big words that mean absolutely NOTHING...you know it and so do I.
You might even be using those meaningless big words because you actually aren't capable of coming up with a rational thought that makes any sense. So instead of trying to think of some sensible "point", you just dazzle them with non-sensical Big Words that mean absolutely NOTHING and neither does the sentence that you use them in...and you hope they won't notice that you're actually not saying anything! Guess what? I NOTICED!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77415 Apr 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
you really want to know what happened. do you----you won't like what you here.

Some savy business person decided one day that they would start a business that would provide temporary workers to any company that paid them for their services. In return, the temp business would provide the worker, pay them and give them benefits. All the worker has to do is show up at work. Now you ask yourself why?

Well, The rules, especially with labor unions has been for some time put a strangle hold on many businesses. Liability at that time played a big role in companies hiring temp workers. The company does not have to carry workers comp. The temp service does. This is a big hit to smaller companies that are starting out.

No it was nothing sinister but CAPITALISM at work. More people get hired as a temp than having PRN, Part-timers on the company payroll. Its just good business sense. Also,I might mention one other item. If my company hires a person, it is very hard to get rid of them without paying unemployment insurance fee to the state gov. If they don't work out on temp. just tell the temp service to send another. It would be up to the temp service to get rid of the employee.

Dems/Libs cannot see this because they are so caught up that conservatives want to the poorer people to have nothing. WHile that is a falsehood, it is also very hard to change in the minds of people on the dole. Also, you cannot fix stupid.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77416 Apr 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Show me where you are getting that from. Congress doesn't have that authority...Congress is a co-equal of the Administrative Branch...i.e. the Presidency! They can't tell him what to do nor how to do it, no more than he can tell them. They're supposed to work together to serve the Nation, but this TEApublican Congress, apparently, doesn't know that. they think their only job is to oppose everything the President wants and to protect the super Wealthy and that's all their job entails.
Therefpre, the American Voters will show them that their job is to kick them to the curb, at election time, and elect somebody to really represent their Constituients, instead of themselves and their wealthy Benefactors!
Alittle over a year to go and then, the "House Cleaning" will begin!
They had written a bill that would have given him (pres) the ability to move money around should the sequester go into force. Rem. It was his (Obama's) idea,, sequester. Yes, they have the ability to do that. The bill just give him that ability to move it where he saw fit. That is his job of the executive branch.

Location hidden

#77417 Apr 27, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Some savy business person decided one day that they would start a business that would provide temporary workers to any company that paid them for their services. In return, the temp business would provide the worker, pay them and give them benefits. All the worker has to do is show up at work. Now you ask yourself why?
Well, The rules, especially with labor unions has been for some time put a strangle hold on many businesses. Liability at that time played a big role in companies hiring temp workers. The company does not have to carry workers comp. The temp service does. This is a big hit to smaller companies that are starting out.
No it was nothing sinister but CAPITALISM at work. More people get hired as a temp than having PRN, Part-timers on the company payroll. Its just good business sense. Also,I might mention one other item. If my company hires a person, it is very hard to get rid of them without paying unemployment insurance fee to the state gov. If they don't work out on temp. just tell the temp service to send another. It would be up to the temp service to get rid of the employee.
Dems/Libs cannot see this because they are so caught up that conservatives want to the poorer people to have nothing. WHile that is a falsehood, it is also very hard to change in the minds of people on the dole. Also, you cannot fix stupid.
Well Duh, I just told you why in my previous Posts...in detail! If you think I'm going to keep repeating it , just because you wouldn't read it the first time, you're NUTS!
Let me explain something to you, Bubba...if you're going to participate in a conversation, you HAVE to listen to what the Other People are saying...in this case, posting! If you don't, your comments come across as really stupid! In real Life, that's when everybody gets really quiet. Ever notice that happening when you're talking to people in a Real Life conversation? I'll bet you have, but I'll also bet you didn't have a clue why, because again, you were daydreaming and not paying attention to what anybody else was saying, but you decided to chime in, anyway. Stopped the conversation dead in it's tracks, didn't it? Want me to tell you what they were thinking, but not saying? I'll betcha, it was something along the lines of, "He didn't just say that...DID HE"?
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77418 Apr 27, 2013
The trickle down theory is just that. Rem, When Ronald Reagan took office, the unemployment was about 14%, inflation about 17% and interest rates in some cases went as high as 21% on a home loan.

The theory states that if: I give a company owner(s) a tax break, a low interest loan (for capital and buildings), they (the owners) will use it to increase their business. By increasing their businesses the owners need to hire more people. True, they could hire temp employees instead of PRN or part-time employees. It really does not matter except to Unions who have no control of Temp service businesses. The number of hours needed is the same whether they hire a temp or other. If the hours needed get high enough, then the company will most likely hire fulltime employees instead of the using temps.(Keep in mind the temp services charges $17-20/per hour even if it is a low (minimum) wage worker. The worker does not see this but the temp service charges this.) When you put more people to work, they spend more, the more they work the more they spend and the more inventory factories have to make to sell to these people. It is a circle. You work, you buy, the company sells more, the company hires more. KNOWN and the 'Trickle Down Theory' GET IT I doubt but , hey I tried.

Location hidden

#77419 Apr 28, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Dude, I've never worked for a Temp Service in my life and I would not work for one. But, I did work for a Company that hired a Temp Company to take Applications, Interview, and do the Drug Test,(which was a joke compared to real Drug Tests), for the Company, instead of the Company doing it, themselves.
Second of all, Workers Comp is actually an Insurance Policy for the Company, in case a Worker gets hurt, the Company doesn't have to pay the Liabilty Claim. So, unless it's changed since I retired , which I doubt, neither one has to have Workmans' Comp, but they're taking a heck of a chance if they don't and opening themselves up to major Liability Payments out of Pocket, if one of their workers gets hurt on the job.
The only reason the Temp company has it is for the Ones who work for them. I guarantee you that the Employees that actually work FOR the Company, not just AT the Company, are covered by the "Company's" Workers Comp!
When you're hired through a Temporary Service, you actually work FOR the Temporary Service, NOT for the Company! You're paid less than a Company Worker doing the same job...that's how the Temp Service makes it's money...they get the difference in pay. You pick up your check at the Temp Service, not at the Company, like the Company workers do. Just to make a long story short, Every piece of business that a Company Worker takes care of, AT the Company, a Temp Worker takes care of at the Temp Service Office because that is your actual Employer and Everything you have is through them, NOT the Company.

Location hidden

#77421 Apr 28, 2013
Honestly wrote:
The trickle down theory is just that. Rem, When Ronald Reagan took office, the unemployment was about 14%, inflation about 17% and interest rates in some cases went as high as 21% on a home loan.
The theory states that if: I give a company owner(s) a tax break, a low interest loan (for capital and buildings), they (the owners) will use it to increase their business. By increasing their businesses the owners need to hire more people. True, they could hire temp employees instead of PRN or part-time employees. It really does not matter except to Unions who have no control of Temp service businesses. The number of hours needed is the same whether they hire a temp or other. If the hours needed get high enough, then the company will most likely hire fulltime employees instead of the using temps.(Keep in mind the temp services charges $17-20/per hour even if it is a low (minimum) wage worker. The worker does not see this but the temp service charges this.) When you put more people to work, they spend more, the more they work the more they spend and the more inventory factories have to make to sell to these people. It is a circle. You work, you buy, the company sells more, the company hires more. KNOWN and the 'Trickle Down Theory' GET IT I doubt but , hey I tried.
Temporary Workers and Temporary Worker Agencies have been around for a very long time, in big Cities and they wer all Clerical and Office Workers until Reagan's Years and the Trickle Down Economic Throry change, at whaich time they expanded to the Manufacturing Industry.
Before that, they were usually People who only wanted to work Parttime, without any set schedule or requirement to be there everyday, such as Students, Mothers, etc. who just wanted to earn some extra money, with no committments that a fulltime Job requires , and that wouldn't go against them, when they did seek Fulltime Employment. They could turn it down if they were called on a certain day that they had something else to do, and it wouldn't go against them on their work record because they had that option.
If somebody was going to be off for vacation or because of illness, the employer would call a Temp Service for somebody to fill in for that employee that was going to be off. It might be a day or a couple of weeks, but usually no more than a month, at one Company or Office. and sometimes, it would just be that an Employer might need an extra Person to do something like help with Inventory or something similar, for a day or two...and they would call the Temp Service. Sometimes, a Temp Worker would work 5 different places in 5 days, too. The Temp Worker was totally in control of how much they worked and if they accepted the job that was offered to them, or not. Plus, Temp Workers were paid MORE back then, for the same job than the regular Office worker made that worked for the Company, just because of the inconvience of changing job places all the time and working constantly in unfamiliar surroundings.
But then, when Temp Services went into the Manufacturing Industry and the Rural Areas, it all changed and became what it is today, A Worker rip-off, IMO!

Location hidden

#77423 Apr 28, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Que hay? What does that mean?
What, So What, So There, etc., I think.
Lady Godiva

Knoxville, TN

#77424 Apr 28, 2013
How ya liking Haslam now?

Location hidden

#77425 Apr 28, 2013
Lady Godiva wrote:
How ya liking Haslam now?
I didn't like him before and I don't like him now, either.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#77426 Apr 28, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't like him before and I don't like him now, either.
Good Morning Linda,(hope I can use that name, if not just say so)I see you have been going back and forth with the Conservatives, that think one day they too just might become rich like the 2-3%, while in the mean time they are working very very hard........but for some reason........ahh yes those dang Liberal Policy are holding them back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another 46 min Curious 9
Miranda Finley an her herpys 58 min clay 2
Traci Jones 2 hr big ben 2
cook out burgers 2 hr mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 2
4 apply for school director 2 hr actually 24
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 3 hr Bah 1,774
Miranda Finley 4 hr everyone needs to... 1
RIP Jeff Roark Thu benjamin 23
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search