Comments
68,781 - 68,800 of 140,769 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76583
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, Topix posts amaze me. I get your concept Hey, but you are omitting some data here. Good ole Henry Ford never had to account for the following during the Model T years:
Social Security Tax
Medicare Tax
State Unemployment Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax
Franchise and Use Tax
Excise Tax
Workman's Comp Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision and other benefits
Retirement benefits
Competition from overseas
OSHA regulations
The United Auto Workers Union
If I didn't have to account for most of these things, I would triple employees pay tomorrow. If you compare today's wages plus adding the above to the wages Henry Ford paid during the Model T years and taking into consideration inflation, which one do you think would be higher?
One way to translate what you are saying is as follows - I want high wages, I want my company to take care of me, I want to be taken care of in case I can't work, I want my company to pay for healthcare, I want my company to provide for my retirement, I want my company to pay higher taxes - but .... I want my company to stay in business.
Who is at fault for not meeting all of these impossible expectations, the employee or the company?
Yeah, "Good Old Henry Ford", the guy that published, "International Jew"........nooooooo he was not anti-semitic. But if I bad-mouth the I.D.F. for wounding my brother and killing his shipmates, some posters call me anti-semitic.
Then you start bad-mouthing the U.A.W. Well back in the day Mr. Ford did not want no stinking union in his company, so he got his old buddy Henry Bennett to take out baseball bats on May 26, 1937 and started clubbing UAW Reps. over the head, as a buddy of Bennetts(who just happened to be the police chief) just watched."The Battle of the Overpass".
Now today we have our very own Gov. Haslam, who does not want the UAW to even talk to V.W. in Chattanooga. Even when over 60 V.W. owned factories accross the world are unionized.
Gov. Haslam needs to get out of Tennessee just to see how the rest of the world operates. I agree in Tennessee the Gov. knows how to pull strings, but that is not how the rest of the world operates.

So Pete Unions are not as bad as you think they are.
Pete

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76584
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, "Good Old Henry Ford", the guy that published, "International Jew"........nooooooo he was not anti-semitic. But if I bad-mouth the I.D.F. for wounding my brother and killing his shipmates, some posters call me anti-semitic.
Then you start bad-mouthing the U.A.W. Well back in the day Mr. Ford did not want no stinking union in his company, so he got his old buddy Henry Bennett to take out baseball bats on May 26, 1937 and started clubbing UAW Reps. over the head, as a buddy of Bennetts(who just happened to be the police chief) just watched."The Battle of the Overpass".
Now today we have our very own Gov. Haslam, who does not want the UAW to even talk to V.W. in Chattanooga. Even when over 60 V.W. owned factories accross the world are unionized.
Gov. Haslam needs to get out of Tennessee just to see how the rest of the world operates. I agree in Tennessee the Gov. knows how to pull strings, but that is not how the rest of the world operates.
So Pete Unions are not as bad as you think they are.
I didn't say they were bad. I simply said he didn't have to deal with them. However, in some situations, I do think they are bad.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76586
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Buddy you could be on to something.If you add 6plus6plus6you get 18 add 1plus8 comes to 9 and there may be the clue.However if you turn the 9 upside down were back to the 6.Hell this is one for Scotland Yard.Na forget that they're probably involved being Tony Blair and Bush hung out.
Sometimes it gets really hard getting this all wrapped up and all.But ya got to keep working at it.
It's nice to know there's someone else out there.
I saw a really close image of Obama's face in the tree bark this morning do you think that means anything?
Yeah...you need your Psycho Meds changed.
You see, Hey, it's People like you, that just the thought of them being able to buy a Gun without an extensive Background check, just scares the begeebers out of the rest of us!
hey fat boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76587
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Haslam is a puke. Everytime talks about tapping social security like it's his friggin personal piggy bank, I wish someone would tap his thick coconut that he calls his brain. He's so out of touch that he has no idea about actual work.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76588
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

When he couldn't even repeat his Swearing-In Oath with out screwing it up, BADLY, anybody with one eye and half sense, should have known right them, that we were in deep trouble. And show 'nuff...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76589
Apr 18, 2013
 
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say they were bad. I simply said he didn't have to deal with them. However, in some situations, I do think they are bad.
However Pete, in some situations do you think they are good?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76590
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement about gun shows is partially incorrect. If you are a gun dealer selling at a gun show, a background check must be done, and the weapon cannot be transferred until the check is complete. States that have a waiting period ("But I'm mad NOW!") require that the gun be paid for in advance, and may be picked up after the wait period from a FFL licensed dealer.
There are sellers at gun shows that are not licensed dealers. In that case, they are considered private sales, and as such no background check is required, because it is a private sale.
Then there are people who just walk around the show carrying guns for sale. These sales are also between private individuals and can occur in the building or in the parking lot.
Every weapon I've ever purchased was a private sale, however, they were all from people I knew and trusted.
I'm afraid that the idea that private citizens will run background checks is preposterous, and serves to make every gun owner a criminal.
Why is it that we have to have knee-jerk reactions that force us to pass laws that won't accomplish anything more than "feeling good" that we did something?
There must be a LOT of private sellers at gun shows, since I have never had to submit to a background check by a seller at a gun show....and I have bought several of the ones I own at gun shows. Even that seems unfair to those you term "licensed dealers". Who would go through the hassle if the guy at the next table can sell the same gun without one ? We should either have these for all sellers or none. It makes no sense to me to enact a law and then allow one group of sellers to take advantage of a loophole large enough to drive a truck through. My biggest issue with the legislation isn't in this area, but with the mental health aspect. Suppose a patient comes to a doctor, and the doctor determines that this person is severely depressed, will that doctor be required to report this person as a mentally unstable individual and how would that person EVER get off of the list of those who can't buy a gun. What would this do to any doctor patient relationship, and what about the right to privacy ? To me this is more of a slippery slope, with a lot of unintended consequences than requiring universal background checks to buy a gun.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76592
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...you need your Psycho Meds changed.
You see, Hey, it's People like you, that just the thought of them being able to buy a Gun without an extensive Background check, just scares the begeebers out of the rest of us!
What are you talking about? I been working all friggin day with my chainsaw cutting down my Obama tree.My friends suggested I try selling it on ebay.I could be a rich man if I play my cards right on this one.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76593
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> There must be a LOT of private sellers at gun shows, since I have never had to submit to a background check by a seller at a gun show....and I have bought several of the ones I own at gun shows. Even that seems unfair to those you term "licensed dealers". Who would go through the hassle if the guy at the next table can sell the same gun without one ? We should either have these for all sellers or none. It makes no sense to me to enact a law and then allow one group of sellers to take advantage of a loophole large enough to drive a truck through. My biggest issue with the legislation isn't in this area, but with the mental health aspect. Suppose a patient comes to a doctor, and the doctor determines that this person is severely depressed, will that doctor be required to report this person as a mentally unstable individual and how would that person EVER get off of the list of those who can't buy a gun. What would this do to any doctor patient relationship, and what about the right to privacy ? To me this is more of a slippery slope, with a lot of unintended consequences than requiring universal background checks to buy a gun.
I got my psychiatrist so bent out of shape trying to figure just what to do about my way of seeing certain things that he's been put on meds.
It's kind of a shame though because he really liked Obama and I think he might have bought my Obama tree.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76594
Apr 18, 2013
 
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I got my psychiatrist so bent out of shape trying to figure just what to do about my way of seeing certain things that he's been put on meds.
It's kind of a shame though because he really liked Obama and I think he might have bought my Obama tree.
Your Obama "what"??? Dude, try speaking in a way the rest of us can understand. Street slang, or whatever that is, is only understood by the Street Hustlers and those who are around them everyday...like Cops!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76595
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Obama "what"??? Dude, try speaking in a way the rest of us can understand. Street slang, or whatever that is, is only understood by the Street Hustlers and those who are around them everyday...like Cops!
My Obama Tree.You know,that place that birds build their nests.
You never heard people speak of Trees? Which part of my post was slang?
What do you mean the rest of us?You got a mouse in your pocket?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76596
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? I been working all friggin day with my chainsaw cutting down my Obama tree.My friends suggested I try selling it on ebay.I could be a rich man if I play my cards right on this one.
Oooookkk...maybe you need to lay down and I'll get a cool cloth for your forehead. Otherwise, I may have to chain you to the bed, for everybody's safety! Lol!
your spellcheck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76597
Apr 18, 2013
 
SexySassySenior wrote:
When he couldn't even repeat his Swearing-In Oath with out screwing it up, BADLY, anybody with one eye and half sense, should have known right them, that we were in deep trouble. And show 'nuff...
It's sure nuff you old douchebag.
your spellcheck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76598
Apr 18, 2013
 
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? I been working all friggin day with my chainsaw cutting down my Obama tree.My friends suggested I try selling it on ebay.I could be a rich man if I play my cards right on this one.
You don't work, especially manual labor.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76599
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Folks, not to put a damper on your Political Debates, but we may not have to worry about any of it. A far more serious Threat than the Deficit may be just around the corner.
----------
"Drugs To Fight Deadly Superbugs In Short Supply."

Click here:
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/d...
SIMPLE MAN

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76601
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Thanks Pete OT Dunlapian Nuh and SSS good reading last couple days.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76602
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

your spellcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't work, especially manual labor.
And you have psychic abilities?
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76603
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>However Pete, in some situations do you think they are good?
Yes, where the manufacturers are owned by the government. Dunlapian, I realize you were in a union and you have strong feelings about them. I get that. However, you are seeing one side of the equation. I still remember Eastern Airlines, the Air Traffic Controllers in the Reagan years, the recent bailing out of GM and Chrysler, the ridiculously high taxes in New York, etc. I don't ever want to talk down an organization to a person that has been a part of that organization and I do realize I was never in a union. I am sure there is good and bad with everything, but lately, the picture sticking in my mind are the businesses that are no longer there due to unions. Many people not associated with unions lost their jobs because of them. I am sure actual union members love unions, and I see why they do. However, people in a more neutral stance see the good and the bad. The good as I see it, you are able to live a comfortable life in retirement after working hard for many years. The union helped you plan for retirement and negotiated with your employer to make this happen. For people like you, that is a good thing. For the more violent union members who use coercion, physical threats and other demeaning acts, I hope their retirement is as stressful as the process they took to get retirement. Just my opinion of course.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76604
Apr 18, 2013
 
SexySassySenior wrote:
Folks, not to put a damper on your Political Debates, but we may not have to worry about any of it. A far more serious Threat than the Deficit may be just around the corner.
----------
"Drugs To Fight Deadly Superbugs In Short Supply."
Click here:
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/d...
Hello Sassy. Just wanted you to know I read one of your posts, this one. I had some type of bug for about 3 weeks and no amount of drugs was able to get rid of it. I was miserable. This article perked my interest because of this. Thank you for posting it. Hope you are doing well.
not a gun owner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76605
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Obama "what"??? Dude, try speaking in a way the rest of us can understand. Street slang, or whatever that is, is only understood by the Street Hustlers and those who are around them everyday...like Cops!
Why don't YOU just stop speaking??? You have exhausted every thread from now until the end of time. sheesh.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

113 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
So, who do YOU wanna see NAKED ! ? ! ? ! (Oct '10) 33 min loadediper 266
Sheriff Department Budget 1 hr retired jailor 29
Ever had a weggie so bad that it? 1 hr James 3
I hear footsteps.... 1 hr Hot Air 14
ryan armstrong (Jun '13) 1 hr eyes 8
U.S Nitrogen/ Austin Powders (Oct '11) 2 hr pete spider 143
James and Leslie mcmahan 2 hr kent 6
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 2 hr feibleman 125
Lost respect for GPD 2 hr Dr Wu 28
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 4 hr Flows down river 190
Where does Mayor Broyles live?? 8 hr yep 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••