Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

I can certainly see why this went viral. Everybody should read this and think carefully about his words. They make a lot of sense about a senseless Act.
----------
"Patton Oswalt's Facebook Post On Boston Marathon Bombings Goes Vital."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/patton-os...

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuh, you really should get out into some of the small Rural Towns in TN., outside of your Home area. You'll find that you have a lot to learn and they are nothing like what you're used to...a whole different World, right here in the same State. Be sure to buy one of the weekly Local Papers, while you're there, too! The same Owner of ours, owns all of them in several Counties, including some in South Kentucky!
This is , of course, if you're not a totally Fake Person, which I'm beginning to wonder about.
LOL.

I live in the big metropolis of Guild (unincorporated)...when I actually get to "town" it's Jasper - and if I'm really ready to get out, there's Kimball. But there again, there's always the National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg.

This is, of course, if I'm not just a figment of your imagination.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Do you actually believe that an average American aspires to be broke enough to qualify for the Great Society programs ? Do you realize how destitute a man, woman or family has to be before they quailfy for government help, and how little help is actually available ?
The silly notion of the welfare queen dripping with "jools" and driving her Cadillac as she eats New York Strip steaks every night on the taxpayer's dime is just that...a silly notion.
The policies of our leaders over years have done more to kill the American dream than any Great Society programs can ever counter-balance...not the reverse.
Some of the same folks who lament the expanded use of the meager social safety net the taxpayers provide to our fellow citizens, are the same ones who have no problem with the corporate welfare provided to banks, oil companies and hedge fund operators. Some of those same folks have no problem with incentivising the outsourcing of our manufacturing jobs to cheap foreign labor markets in the tax code.
Some of those same folks do not want to raise the minimum wage and index it to inflation. Some of those same folks do not want an employer requirement to provide basic health insurance to their employees. Some of those same folks denegrate unions for trying to raise the paychecks of their members. Some of those same folks have no problem with the fact that average income for an American FAMILY is 50k a year.....but according to you, it is "various government programs" standing in the way of every American's success.
Forgive me for my skepticism.....
To answer your 1st question - YES.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

$5 Trillion spent on 'The Great Society' and just what is there to show for it??? NOTHING. Spending taxpayer money gathered from the successful on the slothful always garners...nothing.

Those who really wish to succeed usually do so with hard work. Those who wait for others to provide not only opportunity - but the means to get it - typically fail. Funny just how that plays out.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Here you go 'Hey':

There’s a dirty little secret in some organic fruit orchards.

That juicy apple or pear that you just paid triple the price for may have been sprayed with antibiotics.

Yep – that’s right. The USDA has approved “new options for organic producers and processors.”

Last August, the USDA quietly released this ruling:

The National Organic Program published a final rule today that addresses the use of three substances in organic agriculture with specific limitations that would support production and processing of organic products.

Effective August 3, the allowance for the use of tetracycline in organic apple and pear production will be extended until Oct. 21, 2014, providing two years for the development of alternatives for fire blight control.

Additionally, producers will have the option of using formic acid as a means of controlling varroa and tracheal mites in organic honey bee operations, while processors will have the option of using attapulgite, a nonsynthetic processing aid, for purification of plant and animal oils.

So those outrageously expensive organic products may have been treated with tetracycline, formic acid, and attapulgite, none of which really sound that organic to me

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Background checks....here's the crux of the House Bill:

"The Manchin-Toomey bill would expand background checks to cover sales of firearms over the Internet and at gun shows, but would exempt private person-to-person sales."

What are they talking about when they say background checks will be required for Internet sales?? You already have to do Background checks for Internet Sales.

I've done many for those who buy guns on the internet. The gun is shipped to me since I have an FFL, I have them fill out the 4473 then call the NICS number and do a BackGround check. I don't understand what they are talking about changing here regarding internet gun sales.

Then again, this bill should it become law - will ONLY affect law abiding citizens. Criminals, by their very nature, won't obey.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, you have no clue how most of the People in this Nation, live. Maybe you should volunteer at a Homeless shelter or visit a Food Bank and find out. I'm sure there's one in Chattanooga, within a stone's throw, practically, of where you live. Just talk to the People that run them and see what they tell you.

You can live in your own insulated World or you can visit in the real World that more and more Americans are living in because of what you, and People like you, advocate...and find out what's really going on with most Main St. Americans. You would be completely surprised, I believe, based solely on your expressed views.
The choice is yours.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if those Great Society programs are so generous that they stifle success...why aren't you availing yourself ?
I will tell you why...because being poor enough to get help sucks. That's why.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, you have no clue how most of the People in this Nation, live. Maybe you should volunteer at a Homeless shelter or visit a Food Bank and find out. I'm sure there's one in Chattanooga, within a stone's throw, practically, of where you live. Just talk to the People that run them and see what they tell you.
You can live in your own insulated World or you can visit in the real World that more and more Americans are living in because of what you, and People like you, advocate...and find out what's really going on with most Main St. Americans. You would be completely surprised, I believe, based solely on your expressed views.
The choice is yours.
As usual, you have no clue about what you are posting about.

Yes, Chattanooga has the Chattanooga Area Food Bank...of which I DO assist with as I am personal friends with several board members and work heavily with the Hunters for the Hungry program. This, is where I knew that the owner of R & D was OK when Dunlapian was wondering about him a few weeks back.

But - that doesn't matter to you or any liberal for that matter. The government has to be involved redistributing wealth to be 'effective' in your eyes.
Troubled

Camden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with you Nuh. I know a woman that lives near me that once told me she couldn't afford to work because she could draw more benefits than she could make working. She was divorced over 20 years ago and had a son that was 3 at the time. She got on welfare, food stamps, free medical and even was allowed $500 year to keep her car going. She goes to every free food giveaway. she had a daughter out of wedlock who is now 16 and has a baby of her own. The lady told me recently she draws over $400 in food stamps, she got a free house through the government, gets all kinds of benefits and so does the daughter now. She has lived off of the taxpayers backs for over 20 years. But she got really furious with me when I told her I was helping pay for all she gets. In her mind it is free. She lives better than anyone in my neighborhood that actually works for a living and she nor her daughter would work if a job fell in their laps.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
Here you go 'Hey':
There’s a dirty little secret in some organic fruit orchards.
That juicy apple or pear that you just paid triple the price for may have been sprayed with antibiotics.
Yep – that’s right. The USDA has approved “new options for organic producers and processors.”
Last August, the USDA quietly released this ruling:
The National Organic Program published a final rule today that addresses the use of three substances in organic agriculture with specific limitations that would support production and processing of organic products.
Effective August 3, the allowance for the use of tetracycline in organic apple and pear production will be extended until Oct. 21, 2014, providing two years for the development of alternatives for fire blight control.
Additionally, producers will have the option of using formic acid as a means of controlling varroa and tracheal mites in organic honey bee operations, while processors will have the option of using attapulgite, a nonsynthetic processing aid, for purification of plant and animal oils.
So those outrageously expensive organic products may have been treated with tetracycline, formic acid, and attapulgite, none of which really sound that organic to me
Yes I saw that too.Nowhere to run,nowhere to hide,nothing to eat,nothing to drink,nothing to breathe,frequecies battering brains,cell towers smart meters,zombie attacks,sun flares,Haarp.Hey,It's been nice knowing you guys.
I wonder if they have a reverse osmosis system to run your food and air through like my water goes through.
God help us.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I saw that too.Nowhere to run,nowhere to hide,nothing to eat,nothing to drink,nothing to breathe,frequecies battering brains,cell towers smart meters,zombie attacks,sun flares,Haarp.Hey,It's been nice knowing you guys.
I wonder if they have a reverse osmosis system to run your food and air through like my water goes through.
God help us.
For years I used manure from a beef and horse farm on my garden down in my home away from home in St. Augustine to help grow my datil peppers. A few years back after it was spread - virtually all my plants in an acre where I had rotated them and spread the manure died.

After soil tests, it was found that there was elevated levels of both clopyralid and aminopyralid...herbicides. I knew I hadn't ever used those - in fact I'd never even heard of them. Turns out that the farm where I bought the manure had moved his livestock to a pasture that had been treated with them!

To beat all, those herbicides went from the pasture through the livestock into their manure - and then onto my pepper field. It's been over two years and even grass won't grow well there.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a very good question. I in no way proclaim to be an authority on this, but I would think good parenting is a big contributor to a child's ambition and motivation. I do realize not every boy or girl has the good fortune of having good parents. In that case, I would think the school would try to involve a role model in a child's education along with proper guidance. Sometimes, a successful child simply has ambition, motivation and initiative in them even with a bunch of obstacles. However, I don't think money has anything to do with it. I have known a whole lot of spoiled rich kids who were sent to expensive private schools that ended up as basically failures. Drug and alcohol awareness in schools and other civic organizations for children would be a big help too in my opinion. When a child discovers late in life what it takes to become successful, there are programs available to attend colleges and universities on grants, financial aid, etc. You just have to have the desire and ambition to do so. Exactly how a child gets this without good parents is a question I really can't answer though.
Dr Ben Carson is great role model for this. His mother took in laundry to support her kids and even though she could not read, she encouraged her kids to read. Now he is the Chief of Nearology at Johns Hopkins. Now that is a role model for poor kids.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Make the Chief of Pediatric Neurology .
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you have no clue about what you are posting about.
Yes, Chattanooga has the Chattanooga Area Food Bank...of which I DO assist with as I am personal friends with several board members and work heavily with the Hunters for the Hungry program. This, is where I knew that the owner of R & D was OK when Dunlapian was wondering about him a few weeks back.
But - that doesn't matter to you or any liberal for that matter. The government has to be involved redistributing wealth to be 'effective' in your eyes.
Now hold on there Nuh_, I was worried about the USDA inspector(and his family)as they were cutting Government jobs, not the owner of R&D Custom Slaughtering.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Now hold on there Nuh_, I was worried about the USDA inspector(and his family)as they were cutting Government jobs, not the owner of R&D Custom Slaughtering.
I recollect that you had posted about Lewis concerned about his health - if I'm incorrect about that, I apologize. The USDA inspector has an office located there, but I don't know him personally.

That is a very clean outfit as far as slaughter houses are concerned BTW.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
For years I used manure from a beef and horse farm on my garden down in my home away from home in St. Augustine to help grow my datil peppers. A few years back after it was spread - virtually all my plants in an acre where I had rotated them and spread the manure died.
After soil tests, it was found that there was elevated levels of both clopyralid and aminopyralid...herbicides. I knew I hadn't ever used those - in fact I'd never even heard of them. Turns out that the farm where I bought the manure had moved his livestock to a pasture that had been treated with them!
To beat all, those herbicides went from the pasture through the livestock into their manure - and then onto my pepper field. It's been over two years and even grass won't grow well there.
You talkin about those bio-degradable herbicides?
I read a book"Fateful Harvest"In washington state where they were putting industrial wastes and radioactive materials in fertilizers.So basically you can change all that toxic stuff, these companies would have to pay big money to dipose of, and create another product and it is no longer a hazardess material.
There were some real messed up farm lands.Shit happens.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, changing the way that the COLAs are determined is nothing but a "backdoor" way of cutting the benefits and everybody knows it , even you I suspect. There have been years that there was no raise at all, two in a row as a matter of fact, a couple of years. The COLA now, in no way keeps up with the actual cost of living increases each year, if there is a raise that year, and this is widen that Gap by a lot.
I don't care how much lipstick you put on a Pig, it's still a Pig and this idea is a definite Pig!
As far as the Bank Loan, the Borrowing has tightened a lot and the Interest Rates , if you can even get the Loan, are UNBELEVABLY high on every Loan, including Credit Cards!
Prices going up every day and wages stagnant for many years.
Yet, the number of Super Wealthy is growing everyday and the already Super Wealthy are making unprecedented amounts of Profits!
So, you put all of this together and there is definitely a Redistribution of Wealth, alright...but it's been Redistributed from the Average American to the Super Wealthy over a period of about 35 years. It's not only time that it STOPPED, but it's also time that we took some of it back to a more sane Level before it destroys this Nation and the Majority of us with it!
But, the TEApublicans who are "owned" by the Super Wealthy are fighting with everything they can muster, not only to keep that from happening, but to Redistribute it in the Super Wealthy's favor even more and they won't stop until they have it all and the rest of us will have lost it all to them..
Then I would suggest you stop complaining about the Super Wealthy until you stop supporting them financially. And before you deny that you support them, remember that you do since every time you buy gas, groceries, cigarettes, etc.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

You do SO not Since. Darn smart phone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

"Obama: North Korea Can't Put Nukes On Ballistic Missile."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-nort...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

87 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Eddie Overholt arrest question 16 min common man 44
Renee Luttrell 34 min got a big one 23
Amber Nichole Ricker 37 min got a big one 5
Lost respect for GPD 45 min bobbye jr whyte 81
COUNTY 1 million short TAX THE RICH 54 min Independent1 11
Salt Life 1 hr Peter Cheeks 14
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Mrs Roberson 3,396
lady i pulled weeds with behind that church tha... 4 hr BongHits4Jaysus 13
County Clerk - my choice 5 hr voter 12
good ole boys- lets name them 9 hr BROYLESville King 14
Greeneville: 4 main reasons that people refuse ... 13 hr REPUBLICANISM failures 73
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••