Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

The Chinese are not only trying to kill us with their "Sheet-Rock", Chicken Virus, contaminated fish, but they are also in the business of selling everything everything from rhino horns to Seahorses caught to boost their sexual virility.
Now one of their boats got stuck on a Philippine reef loaded with protected dead species.......who knows for what purpose.
http://news.yahoo.com/boat-filled-protected-s...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, just follow those feelings, you will know if they are good or not. If what you do feels right and moral.......I believe you have made a connection with God, and it's a good feeling.
Hey, one more thing instead of reading the Bible, Quran, Torah ect. Just remember the "Golden Rule", it's very simple.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
The Chinese are not only trying to kill us with their "Sheet-Rock", Chicken Virus, contaminated fish, but they are also in the business of selling everything everything from rhino horns to Seahorses caught to boost their sexual virility.
Now one of their boats got stuck on a Philippine reef loaded with protected dead species.......who knows for what purpose.
http://news.yahoo.com/boat-filled-protected-s...
Now wait just one minute there fella,this is hot off the press.
China is saying this avian flu virus erupting in their homeland is coming out of a US bio-weapons lab.
Now could this be the lab on Plumb Island where the Nazi scientist,war criminal, brought over from Germany,who was working on bio-warfare,on ticks,which later showed up, perhaps the ones in Lyme Conn.where the break out of Lyme disease started now an epidemic all over the US and EU.
Do you have any clue how many rocks this was is going to involve?
Oh man am I going to be busy today.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, one more thing instead of reading the Bible, Quran, Torah ect. Just remember the "Golden Rule", it's very simple.
I have someone here who is afraid for me because I'm going to burn in Hell for eternity because of my way of seeing things.I am
not knocking this person but I think I'm her project,I might even be the talk of the church.God help me.
She is really worried about my hot spot with the Devil and I told her it is impossible to burn forever and ever.I said throw me in a raging fire and I'll burn till I become ashes and then the wind will carry me off. I mean nothing can burn that long ,well except for the twin towers with some thermite.
When she talks about God strongly her eyes like roll up in her head ,it's kinda spooky, and I'm thinking wow it's like shes really searching up in her mind for this God she believes in.It's up in her very own head.
I read the Bible and it's a. Forget it.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Well I just spoke to one of Senator Corker interns about buying guns "without" a background check and he is all for it.
Whereas the Iraq War Veterans are "for" a background check. Even they had to go through one.

1-855-440-4800
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
Well I just spoke to one of Senator Corker interns about buying guns "without" a background check and he is all for it.
Whereas the Iraq War Veterans are "for" a background check. Even they had to go through one.
1-855-440-4800
I'm sure all those law-breaking thugs will abide by this proposed law as much as they do the 20,000 other gun control laws out there.
Leroy Snot

Tellico Plains, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Leroy Snot

Tellico Plains, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
Obama the CEO of the United States of America earns a pittance compared to the average CEO. In fact, less than a lot of middle managers do...but when compared to that 50k salary for the "average American family".....well Obama is doing pretty well.
The President's tax rate was 18.4%. The guy that owns a lawncare business and mows lawns for a living will pay 15.3% IN PAYROLL TAXES ALONE in 2013. I want those who have spent years arguing with me about tax cuts for the wealthy, to get on here and explain why it is great for America to have the President pay a lesser tax rate than the guy that mows your yard. Tell me why Americans must sacrifice cuts in Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps etc...when the peon that mows yards for a living can afford to pay a higher tax rate.... but those as well off as Obama can't. Time to wake up Americans, before we end up living in a country of landed gentry.... and serfs.
Aah, the old "redistribution of wealth" argument. This argument has been hashed and re-hashed on almost every political venue, so I am not about to start it up again here. Why - because nobody wins this argument. The argument continues on an on, yet nothing gets solved by it. What you are doing OT is simply looking at two percentage numbers that are almost equal, and simply saying that person with the lower income is getting a raw deal while totally discounting why Obama is paying an 18% tax rate.

Obama pays an 18% tax rate because of his higher earnings. He has enough of an income where he can live off less than what he makes. Therefore, he invests some of the rest. Investment income is taxed at a rate lower than earnings. Why - because the government wants to incent investment. Why - because if someone consistently invests long enough, they won't have to depend on the government for part of their sustenance. Therefore, the government won't have to do it. Second, Obama donated a lot of money last year. The government allows a deduction for charitable donations. Why does the government incent these donations - because if individuals are donating directly to those in need, the government won't have to spend as much doing it. Obama in effect directly gave to those in need without sending it through an inefficient government process. These two things are why Obama paid 18% in taxes. He did his part by taking part in his own retirement planning, he directly helped the poor and needy, yet you say he should pay more. You also totally discount the fact Obama paid a whole lot more in taxes than someone making $50,000 per year yet receives not one more governmental right or privilege than the $50,000 person does except for what he gets for being the President.

Obama makes a lot more than the average American because he took advantage of every opportunity given to him, he created his own opportunities, stayed in school, went to college, went to Law school, got a job and made the most of it. He paid a lot of money in education and countless hours getting his degrees and relied on ambition to help him get ahead. You don't consider these facts when comparing tax rates to incomes. How much money do you think a doctor pays to become a doctor? How much time do you think they spend studying to become a doctor? How many years of very low pay on top of the cost and time of education do you think they have to endure before getting a higher income? I don't agree on anything regarding our president, but I applaud him for being a success at what he does. The income goes along with the success. I would rather incent people to get off of governmental assistance rather than incent them to stay on it.

Regarding our current economic crisis, we are well beyond the point where simply raising taxes will solve our problems. Spending cuts will happen, because they have to. This is the only option at this point.

Again, I realize this is only my opinion and no harm intended.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning Linda !
It is hard to exaggerate what the Obama tax filing did FOR those of us who believe that taxes for high earners are MUCH too low. The President has placed those who constantly advocate for massive tax cuts for the wealthy as they oppose a raise to the minimum wage, advocate cuts to Social Security, and the social safety net to fund them, in the unenviable position of DEFENDING the President and the tax rate he paid last year. This will be the gift that keeps on giving...since here we will separate the wheat from the chaff....We now get to divide the true believers from the hypocrites and to say that I am overjoyed is an understatement !
Obama recently tried to get the Republicans to close the Tax Loopholes that Obama qualified for, as you very well know...and they refused to vote them in. So now, they cannot blame him for following the Tax Laws that THEY refused to change, but they will try. It won't wash with the Voters!
And BTW, not one of the TEApublicans in the House has given back any percentage of their Pay, and only 2 in the Senate. But, Obama did and 3 Democratic Senators did!
You won't see or hear any TEApublicans talking about that. In fact, they will try their best to get the Voters from knowing about it and to get them to forget about what Obama and 3 Democratic Senators did, but not ONE Member of the House has done...you know, the Ones fighting tooth and toenail to cut everything that the Ones who need it the worst, have now!
They'll do all the damage they can to everybody they can, except the Super Wealthy and themselves, but they won't sacrifice one penny out of their own pockets, just our pockets...and they make a heck of a lot more than any of the rest of us do and do a whole lot less to earn it!
TEApublicans are spoiled, extremely greedy Children in Adult bodies!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure all those law-breaking thugs will abide by this proposed law as much as they do the 20,000 other gun control laws out there.
If they buy a Gun legally, they will have no choice, but to abide by the Laws or they won't get the Gun. That's the whole point!
Tired

Hickory Grove, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

If I may, I'd like to ask a simple and probably dumb question.

President Obama's mother was an anthropologist and had a PhD. His family were not welfare recipients. Therefore it was no suprise he accomplished the following:
"Obama makes a lot more than the average American because he took advantage of every opportunity given to him, he created his own opportunities, stayed in school, went to college, went to Law school, got a job and made the most of it."

My question is, how do you propose we motivate a dirt poor welfare child to become successful?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Investing in the Stock Market is like gambling in Las Vegas. You may win and you may lose everything. Just because you invest is in no way a Guarantee that you will not need the Government in your old age.
But, Social Security and Medicare were a "Sure" thing, until the TEApublicans set out to destroy it within the last two years, and they are not going to let up until they do.
I guarantee you that every Baby Boomer in this Nation will remember this, at the Polls, for as long as they live!
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Tired wrote:
President Obama's mother was an anthropologist and had a PhD. His family were not welfare recipients. Therefore it was no suprise he accomplished the following:
"Obama makes a lot more than the average American because he took advantage of every opportunity given to him, he created his own opportunities, stayed in school, went to college, went to Law school, got a job and made the most of it."
My question is, how do you propose we motivate a dirt poor welfare child to become successful?
That's a very good question. I in no way proclaim to be an authority on this, but I would think good parenting is a big contributor to a child's ambition and motivation. I do realize not every boy or girl has the good fortune of having good parents. In that case, I would think the school would try to involve a role model in a child's education along with proper guidance. Sometimes, a successful child simply has ambition, motivation and initiative in them even with a bunch of obstacles. However, I don't think money has anything to do with it. I have known a whole lot of spoiled rich kids who were sent to expensive private schools that ended up as basically failures. Drug and alcohol awareness in schools and other civic organizations for children would be a big help too in my opinion. When a child discovers late in life what it takes to become successful, there are programs available to attend colleges and universities on grants, financial aid, etc. You just have to have the desire and ambition to do so. Exactly how a child gets this without good parents is a question I really can't answer though.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Investing in the Stock Market is like gambling in Las Vegas. You may win and you may lose everything. Just because you invest is in no way a Guarantee that you will not need the Government in your old age.
But, Social Security and Medicare were a "Sure" thing, until the TEApublicans set out to destroy it within the last two years, and they are not going to let up until they do.
I guarantee you that every Baby Boomer in this Nation will remember this, at the Polls, for as long as they live!
Hi Sassy, I agree with you regarding the stock market. But there are several other investment mediums out there, i.e. bonds, real estate, mutual funds, CD's, gold, etc.

Now I want to ask a sincere question. Why do you and OT keep saying SS is getting cut and is being destroyed? I have not seen or heard where anyone wants SS cut and I highly doubt we will ever see actual cuts, regardless of which party is in office. The method used to calculate cost of living adjustments has changed, but actual benefits have not been cut nor have I seen where they will be. Medicare got cut due to Obamacare. These cuts were what he stated partially funded Obamacare. I don't think that was a Tea Party thing. I also think there are enough reserve funds in SS to handle the baby boomers. I don't think SS is as bad off as everyone thinks. Right now, interest rates are super low so the payment going into SS aren't growing very much. However, interest rates will go higher, and when they do, payments going in will start growing. It might not be enough, but it will sure help. Low interest rates are good for housing and borrowing money, but they are very harmful to retirees and other savers. As soon as the housing market picks up a bit and the economy picks up a bit, I am confident interest rates will start going much higher.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
If they buy a Gun legally, they will have no choice, but to abide by the Laws or they won't get the Gun. That's the whole point!
It's the bad guys you don't want with the guns and they will continue to get them illegally.
So the bad guys that are going to rob the gas station and steal cars and kill people are always law abiding folks when it comes to buying their weapons.That's the one place in life where they are moral and try not to break the law.Ok.Makes perfect sense.
Now they know it does not make sense.So the point is not,it would appear,to just make sure it's the good guys who have the guns.So that's not the real reason.They aren't that stupid.
I'd opt for a fast and furious myself if I were a criminal wanting a gun to pull off my crimes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
Don't forget that he also wrote 2 Books, which sold very well and he made a lot of money from those Books.

As for your last question, I don't have an answer because simply surviving , for them, is a Monumental Task!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sassy, I agree with you regarding the stock market. But there are several other investment mediums out there, i.e. bonds, real estate, mutual funds, CD's, gold, etc.
Now I want to ask a sincere question. Why do you and OT keep saying SS is getting cut and is being destroyed? I have not seen or heard where anyone wants SS cut and I highly doubt we will ever see actual cuts, regardless of which party is in office. The method used to calculate cost of living adjustments has changed, but actual benefits have not been cut nor have I seen where they will be. Medicare got cut due to Obamacare. These cuts were what he stated partially funded Obamacare. I don't think that was a Tea Party thing. I also think there are enough reserve funds in SS to handle the baby boomers. I don't think SS is as bad off as everyone thinks. Right now, interest rates are super low so the payment going into SS aren't growing very much. However, interest rates will go higher, and when they do, payments going in will start growing. It might not be enough, but it will sure help. Low interest rates are good for housing and borrowing money, but they are very harmful to retirees and other savers. As soon as the housing market picks up a bit and the economy picks up a bit, I am confident interest rates will start going much higher.
And all of them either pay practically nothing in interest (Banks using your money and paying you practically nothing for doing it), or they could become practically worthless overnight...even Real Estate! We're going through that right now in my County...Eminent Domain and the changes that were made to that Law during G.W. Bush's Terms!
Olivia

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Haslam is refusing federal money for healthcare that is totally federally funded for the first 3 years and then 90percent federally funded. Instead he wants a lottery that happens twice a year,for one hour each time, where folks get to call in for health care benefits if they get through. They are advised to call repeatedly. What kind of individual is this, how degrading. He gets wonderful health care and if he is against government health care then let him refuse the healthcare he benefits from and pay for his own. He can afford it. The folks that the affordable healthcare act will benefit cannot afford it, but he will deprive them and sleep well at night as he benefits from government healthcare and a six figure salary.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, changing the way that the COLAs are determined is nothing but a "backdoor" way of cutting the benefits and everybody knows it , even you I suspect. There have been years that there was no raise at all, two in a row as a matter of fact, a couple of years. The COLA now, in no way keeps up with the actual cost of living increases each year, if there is a raise that year, and this is widen that Gap by a lot.
I don't care how much lipstick you put on a Pig, it's still a Pig and this idea is a definite Pig!

As far as the Bank Loan, the Borrowing has tightened a lot and the Interest Rates , if you can even get the Loan, are UNBELEVABLY high on every Loan, including Credit Cards!

Prices going up every day and wages stagnant for many years.
Yet, the number of Super Wealthy is growing everyday and the already Super Wealthy are making unprecedented amounts of Profits!

So, you put all of this together and there is definitely a Redistribution of Wealth, alright...but it's been Redistributed from the Average American to the Super Wealthy over a period of about 35 years. It's not only time that it STOPPED, but it's also time that we took some of it back to a more sane Level before it destroys this Nation and the Majority of us with it!

But, the TEApublicans who are "owned" by the Super Wealthy are fighting with everything they can muster, not only to keep that from happening, but to Redistribute it in the Super Wealthy's favor even more and they won't stop until they have it all and the rest of us will have lost it all to them...and that includes Social Security and Medicare!

The Republican's even before the Tea Party was formed by the Koch Bros., NERVER did anything in a hurry. They are sneaky and they form a Plan years in advance and implement it very slowly, so the People don't form an Revolt against it. Then, they implement it very slowly, while distracting the People with all kinds of Propaganda about mostly unimportant things, as a diversion to the real "biggie" that will actually change their Lives forever!
They used that tactic for years and it's worked most of the time...that one reason that we're in the mess we're in today, the beginning of which was the Reagan "Trickle Down" Theory of Economics, which is to give it all to the wealthiest and eventually some of it will "trickle down" to the Less than Wealthy. Members of Reagan's own Administration have publicly stated that IT DOES NOT WORK, in recent years. But, it certainly works well for the Super Wealthy and they're not about to let go of it, as long as they can buy the TEApublicans in Congress and have them take EVERYTHING from us!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Where does Mayor Broyles live?? 4 min know the story 26
Wayne Swinney 11 min know the story 2
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 35 min Hateful B 192
So, who do YOU wanna see NAKED ! ? ! ? ! (Oct '10) 1 hr cretin56 269
Policeman Teddy Lawing 1 hr homer 8
Sheriff Department Budget 2 hr Phil Ricker 30
ROE lets Veterans down at VA mountain home 2 hr Letting Veterans down 34
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 7 hr Sunshine 126
Lost respect for GPD 10 hr Dr Wu 28