Comments
68,461 - 68,480 of 146,112 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#76238 Apr 13, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well, "Hey" I would guess that a jet is powered by jet engines, and that jet engines run on jet fuel, and that jet fuel burns fairly easily and a fire from jet fuel would get pretty hot...but I never claimed to be a structural engineer, and I have no idea how or why the buildings fell.
I am sure there are people with questions, and engineers that have opinions, and those who claim to have heard or seen unusual things....and those who will pay them to express their opinions and those who will exploit those opinions, heck I know a man that believes our country never landed a man on the moon. Another big conspiracy to get money out of the treasury according to him....
I am not going to attempt to answer any of your questions...since I am no expert on how this building went up or how it came down. I did watch a documntary where an engineer was explaining how the towers were built and why it was possible to have them collapse as they did, but truthfully much of his explaination went over my head.
I do not believe any conspiracy happened here. If you do, power to you !
So from what I take from your remarks is that you don't believe anything is wrong with the official story put forward basically by Bush and Cheney because you think it would be too hard to bring something like that together.
Well I say look how many were involved in the scam of the American Medical Assoc. to get the alternative therapies out of their way.How many agencies conspired to take this competeing method of healing down.
How many picked up on that Quack word to describe natural methods and make them even laughable.Many did,you said it yourself, their method worked didn't it.There were people jailed because they had the damn nerve to cure folks from cancer without using chemo or radiation even when they were sent home to die by the groupies.
How many conspire to keep Monsanto going strong even to threaten other countries if they go against them?Is this not a whole bunch of folks conspiring on Monsanto's behalf?
There are thousands in this group.
Jet fuel does not burn hot enough to melt steel And office furniture certainly does not. Building 7 was not hit by a plane.It simply had office fires and went down in it's own footprint.This does not seem out of place to you?
PairAnnoyed

North Augusta, SC

#76240 Apr 13, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
So from what I take from your remarks is that you don't believe anything is wrong with the official story put forward basically by Bush and Cheney because you think it would be too hard to bring something like that together.
Well I say look how many were involved in the scam of the American Medical Assoc. to get the alternative therapies out of their way.How many agencies conspired to take this competeing method of healing down.
How many picked up on that Quack word to describe natural methods and make them even laughable.Many did,you said it yourself, their method worked didn't it.There were people jailed because they had the damn nerve to cure folks from cancer without using chemo or radiation even when they were sent home to die by the groupies.
How many conspire to keep Monsanto going strong even to threaten other countries if they go against them?Is this not a whole bunch of folks conspiring on Monsanto's behalf?
There are thousands in this group.
Jet fuel does not burn hot enough to melt steel And office furniture certainly does not. Building 7 was not hit by a plane.It simply had office fires and went down in it's own footprint.This does not seem out of place to you?
Bush & Cheney had nothing to do with the report. Neither of those two have enough smarts to concoct a bogus report. But, it's obvious to even a non engineer, that the planes caused the buildings to collapse.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#76241 Apr 13, 2013
PairAnnoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush & Cheney had nothing to do with the report. Neither of those two have enough smarts to concoct a bogus report. But, it's obvious to even a non engineer, that the planes caused the buildings to collapse.
The 9/11 Comission Report Committee had an appointment with Bush after some effort to get it and they complained they were not getting answers and found that disturbing.
This was the investigative team into 9/11.
The Original _Mobile

Livingston, TN

#76242 Apr 13, 2013
old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have you been hiding?
Smoke break.....
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#76243 Apr 13, 2013
PairAnnoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you perhaps like to explain how building 7 collasped in its own footprint in 7 seconds and no plane hit that building .It fell later in the eve.
Jet fuel burns at 750 degrees.It takes 2700 degrees to create molten steel.
At the first hit of the plane into the towers the explosion burned off the fuel,what was left was office furniture and carpets etc. burning
Their was evidence of the use of thermite which can burn at tenperatures to melt steel.
90 thousand tons of material had been pulverized into thin air.
New York Times headlines"More than 118 Firefighters Witness Sounds and Flashes of Explosions.
Top documentary films "9/11 Explosive Evidence-Experts Speak Out"

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76244 Apr 13, 2013
Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, we’ve been on a tax and spend philosophy for the last 50 years, and it transcends parties. It started to get out of control under Bush, and Obama has no concept of the words fiscal responsibility.
<quoted text>
And it isn’t enough.
<quoted text>
The pink elephant in the room that everyone is ignoring is that interest rates have been kept at ridiculously low rates for a very long time. At some point, they are going to rise, and when they do, we will be in a heapatrouble.
Have your expenses gone up in the last fifty years? Of course they have! So, why do you think the Gov't.'s wouldn't go up just like yours? Then, add on the extra expenses like two Wars at the same time, trying to protect our borders and all the other extra expenses, necessary and unnecessary, that were brought about by 9/11, Bush/Cheney and Phil Graham taking all the Regulations off of Wall Street and the expensive catastrophe that almost ruined our Economy and caused us to have to spend an enormous amount to just keep the Country, and Everybody in it, from going Bankrupt...not to mention all of the Crises situations that have resulted, and were caused by the bad decisions that were made when all of the previous things happened...it's kind of easy to a rational Person to understand why we're spending more and will for years in the Future, just to straighten all of the screw-ups that were committed for the 8 years of the Bush/Cheney Presidency!
And NOW, we can't make any progress because we have a TEApublican "Do Nothing" Congress who's only intention is to oppose the President on EVERYTHING that he tries to do to fix these Bush/Cheney Screw-ups and get the Country out of this mess they made...and to keep the Super Wealthy from paying their Fair Share of Taxes! That's it! That's their ONLY intention and the ONLY thing they care about! In the meantime, the Super wealthy are making more money than at any other time in this Nation's History, while EVERYBODY else is going broke...and the World is in chaos around us because of those same Screw-ups of Bush/Cheney! They were warned this could , and most likely would happen, by all the Experts on the Middle East, before Bush/Cheney ordered the Invasion of Iraq...but they ignored those warnings, and did it anyway, and NOW...Obama, the Nation, and ALL of us, EXCEPT the Super Wealthy, are paying the price! But, the Super Wealthy won't even pay their part, so we have to pay ours and theirs, too!
And you voted for the SOBS that's put this burden on us , and you, and now, you want to complain about the very thing that you helped cause by voting them into Public Office! How long are you going to stay in denial and keep making the same mistakes, that have and will continue to cause the very things that you're complaining about? Not facing the truth and blaming the wrong Person, just because you don't want to admit that you were wrong, is a guarantee that things will only get worse, for you and all the rest of us!
If something isn't working, change it...what do you have to lose, things can't get much worse by voting in a Congress that will work WITH Obama in 2014, for anybody except the Super wealthy and why should you protect them...I'll guarantee they don't care whether YOU live or die. In fact, they would probably prefer that you die because they consider you as unimportant, and a hindrance to them accumulating even more Wealth FROM this Country!
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#76245 Apr 13, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
This is simply not true.
It is true. This has been reported for the past couple of months.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-federal-r...
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#76246 Apr 13, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> If that 4 trillion dollar number isn't too rosy an estimate, maybe congress and the administration will stop trying to milk the last dollar out of those who can least afford it, and folks like me that depend on the spending from those average Americans, to survive in business can FINALLY breath a sigh of relief.
OT, I guess we will simply have to disagree with one another on this. The class warfare thing simply isn't helping the problem any. We are spending more than we ever have, we are taxing more than we ever have, yet the problems persist. In my opinion, nobody is taking anything from the poor or needy. Our welfare, food stamp and other such programs are at an all time high. We are losing money at an astronomical rate. Our spending now exceeds our GDP. And as bad as it is now, when interest rates go up and Obamacare hits next year, things will only get much worse. Spending has to give. One way or another, it will. We can do it sensibly now, or wait until disaster strikes and slash across the board, but spending will be cut one way or another. This level of spending we are experiencing is what is actually hurting the less well off. This, to me and a whole host of others, is a very obvious problem. We need to cut the name calling, class warfare, ideology focused thinking, etc. and fix the obvious problem. It will be fixed at some point, but why go through all this prolonged pain? Engaging in the class warfare talk simply prolongs the length of this pain because this is exactly what our politicians are doing to try to resolve this. It isn't working. And more and more people are starting to wake up and are getting tired of all the rhetoric.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/11/obam...

Location hidden

#76247 Apr 13, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you perhaps like to explain how building 7 collasped in its own footprint in 7 seconds and no plane hit that building .It fell later in the eve.
Jet fuel burns at 750 degrees.It takes 2700 degrees to create molten steel.
At the first hit of the plane into the towers the explosion burned off the fuel,what was left was office furniture and carpets etc. burning
Their was evidence of the use of thermite which can burn at tenperatures to melt steel.
90 thousand tons of material had been pulverized into thin air.
New York Times headlines"More than 118 Firefighters Witness Sounds and Flashes of Explosions.
Top documentary films "9/11 Explosive Evidence-Experts Speak Out"
I'm not an Engineer, are you? But, I read numerous Articles and listened to numerous Experts on TV, at the time, explaining just exactly how it happened and how that was possible.

But, the most important evidence to me, is that none of the Families of the Victims have questioned anything about how it happened and I am absolutely positive that they would have , if ANY of them had any doubt that it wasn't exactly like we have been told that it was!
And those People are New Yorkers, they are by nature, skeptical People. If they haven't questioned it, then there is no doubt that they believe it happened just exactly the way they were told...and I'm sure they have been told more than we have!

Location hidden

#76248 Apr 13, 2013
"Goal Of Nuclear-Free N.Korea Tests U.S., China Ties."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/goal-nuclear-free-nkore...
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#76249 Apr 13, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>O.K., Thanks!
But wait, the Feds just don't get ALL of their revenue from households, now does it?
They also squeeze taxes out of Corporations(people per Romney)and other places. So it's not sound math when you take a number(net spending) and divide it by just "households" and leave off all other forms of income.
But still I do agree with you that we are spending way too much.
Now what I do see coming, or at least what the Republicans want to do is "FIRST" take it off the backs of those that need it the most.
Come on Dunlapian, Republicans don't want to do this. They want to eliminate the waste. And regarding squeezing taxes out of corporations, I can't determine how you can say this. Corporations, businesses and other employers pay half of our tax revenues. Just in case your were unaware, businesses pay unemployment tax, half of social security and medicare, franchise and use tax, excise tax, property tax, etc. Then you can add the tax on actual profits. And to boot, workman's comp gets added to this as well. However, I don't consider this a tax but consider it as insurance for my employees. But it still costs a ton of money. I wouldn't call all of this "squeezing" taxes out of businesses.

Cutting spending or printing money are the only two methods we now have to cut the federal debt. Printing money actually hurts everyone including the poor and needy. Cutting spending actually helps them. When the federal debt is lessened, US Treasuries increase in value. SS funds are invested strictly in US Treasuries. When US Treasuries are worth more, SS is worth more. When US Treasuries are worth more, we get more revenues per issuance. More revenues means more benefits for the poor and needy. I am not super wealthy, but I can say the Super Wealthy are not the problem here. Nobody ever thinks about when the economy is in or close to a recession, everybody gets hurt but the Super-Wealthy. Their money is so diversified, and so large, recessions in one country don't affect them a whole lot. But the rest of the population is affected because they don't have the assets to fully diversify like the super wealthy do. When we start losing jobs, the housing market tanks, gasoline goes up, etc., the less than super-wealthy take a hit and that is the cause of the income disparity. Not because the super wealthy are stealing it from the poor and needy. Fix the spending, then the economy will fix itself.

Ok, I am now through defending conservative principles for the time being. This does not mean I don't respect your, OT's or Sassy's opinions though. This is my sincere attempt at explaining how us Republicans think.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#76250 Apr 13, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Have your expenses gone up in the last fifty years? Of course they have! So, why do you think the Gov't.'s wouldn't go up just like yours? Then, add on the extra expenses like two Wars at the same time, trying to protect our borders and all the other extra expenses, necessary and unnecessary, that were brought about by 9/11, Bush/Cheney and Phil Graham taking all the Regulations off of Wall Street and the expensive catastrophe that almost ruined our Economy and caused us to have to spend an enormous amount to just keep the Country, and Everybody in it, from going Bankrupt...not to mention all of the Crises situations that have resulted, and were caused by the bad decisions that were made when all of the previous things happened...it's kind of easy to a rational Person to understand why we're spending more and will for years in the Future, just to straighten all of the screw-ups that were committed for the 8 years of the Bush/Cheney Presidency!
And NOW, we can't make any progress because we have a TEApublican "Do Nothing" Congress who's only intention is to oppose the President on EVERYTHING that he tries to do to fix these Bush/Cheney Screw-ups and get the Country out of this mess they made...and to keep the Super Wealthy from paying their Fair Share of Taxes! That's it! That's their ONLY intention and the ONLY thing they care about! In the meantime, the Super wealthy are making more money than at any other time in this Nation's History, while EVERYBODY else is going broke...and the World is in chaos around us because of those same Screw-ups of Bush/Cheney! They were warned this could , and most likely would happen, by all the Experts on the Middle East, before Bush/Cheney ordered the Invasion of Iraq...but they ignored those warnings, and did it anyway, and NOW...Obama, the Nation, and ALL of us, EXCEPT the Super Wealthy, are paying the price! But, the Super Wealthy won't even pay their part, so we have to pay ours and theirs, too!
And you voted for the SOBS that's put this burden on us , and you, and now, you want to complain about the very thing that you helped cause by voting them into Public Office! How long are you going to stay in denial and keep making the same mistakes, that have and will continue to cause the very things that you're complaining about? Not facing the truth and blaming the wrong Person, just because you don't want to admit that you were wrong, is a guarantee that things will only get worse, for you and all the rest of us!
If something isn't working, change it...what do you have to lose, things can't get much worse by voting in a Congress that will work WITH Obama in 2014, for anybody except the Super wealthy and why should you protect them...I'll guarantee they don't care whether YOU live or die. In fact, they would probably prefer that you die because they consider you as unimportant, and a hindrance to them accumulating even more Wealth FROM this Country!
Hello Sassy, I will respectfully disagree and say no more except that Republicans don't want to elect representatives to work with Obama because they feel he is a large part of the spending problem we are facing. I do respect your vigor and your initiative to stand up for what you believe though even though we disagree. Hope you got to enjoy this beautiful day. At least it was a good day here in East Tennessee.

Location hidden

#76251 Apr 13, 2013
Pete, 400 of the Wealthiest People in this Nation, own 87% of this Nation's wealth, but pay the Smallest Percentage Rate in Taxes of anybody else, if they pay any taxes, at all!

Think about that!
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#76252 Apr 13, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Pete, 400 of the Wealthiest People in this Nation, own 87% of this Nation's wealth, but pay the Smallest Percentage Rate in Taxes of anybody else, if they pay any taxes, at all!
Think about that!
Ah Sassy, they also earned 18.9% of all the income earned but paid 37.4% of all the taxes. You pay taxes on income, not wealth. Redistributing the wealth doesn't generate more taxes. Wealth doesn't grow when you divide it either. But I realize how you came up with your opinion though. I just respectfully disagree. In my opinion, what you are wanting doesn't fix any of our current problems. Our country would remain broke.
Het

Cookeville, TN

#76253 Apr 13, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an Engineer, are you? But, I read numerous Articles and listened to numerous Experts on TV, at the time, explaining just exactly how it happened and how that was possible.
But, the most important evidence to me, is that none of the Families of the Victims have questioned anything about how it happened and I am absolutely positive that they would have , if ANY of them had any doubt that it wasn't exactly like we have been told that it was!
And those People are New Yorkers, they are by nature, skeptical People. If they haven't questioned it, then there is no doubt that they believe it happened just exactly the way they were told...and I'm sure they have been told more than we have!
None of the families?Really the video I put up on the Top Documentary films family members are on there one is almost crying for the American people to listen and help them get to the truth.
You are so full of it.
kty

Charlotte, NC

#76255 Apr 13, 2013
Go6397

Location hidden

#76256 Apr 13, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Sassy, I will respectfully disagree and say no more except that Republicans don't want to elect representatives to work with Obama because they feel he is a large part of the spending problem we are facing. I do respect your vigor and your initiative to stand up for what you believe though even though we disagree. Hope you got to enjoy this beautiful day. At least it was a good day here in East Tennessee.
Hi Pete, it was nice here in W.TN, also.
Pete, Obama is ONE Man...without Congress agreeing with him, there's very little that he can do, other than by Executive Order...and that is a limited option...and VETO whatever Bill Congress passes and puts before him, for his Signature to sign it into Law.
That situation, with a Congress that offers no viable solutions for the Country and it's People, as a whole...only solutions to destroy everybody except the Wealthiest...is a Recipe that guarantees the Nation's destruction, at worse, and a Nation at a Standstill, at best!
Therefore, the President is put in a position, with that kind of Congress, to either go along with them and destroy the Nation and it's People , except for the Wealthiest...or to try and save all the Nation's People from total destruction, but keep the Country at a standstill of neither getting better or getting worse, as best that he can, until a new Congress is elected, with a Majority that WILL work with him in moving the Country forward and out of this mess.
We are paying the TEApublicans in Congress to do nothing, but be Obama-Obstructionists, which they have publicly declared that is exactly what they will do, and have done...and this Nation has come to a standstill because of it, when we should have been moving out of the worse Economic Downturn, since the Great Depression.
We have made a little progress, but it was no thanks to the TEApublicans. Just imagine where we might have been, and probably would have been at this point in time, had Congress not obstructed the President's every effort to take us there!

In my entire Life, I have never know a Congress to be as useless as this One, except for protecting the Financial Interests of one small Segment of the Population, at the expense of everybody else!
It's Un-American and a disgrace to everything this Nation stands for and, it has never happened before anywhere close to this extent!

Location hidden

#76257 Apr 13, 2013
"In White House, Newtown Mom Pleads For Gun Control."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-newtown-mom...
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#76258 Apr 13, 2013
Let Me be clear I won't touch your SS says his Lordship

Liar Liar pants on fire

Location hidden

#76259 Apr 13, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah Sassy, they also earned 18.9% of all the income earned but paid 37.4% of all the taxes. You pay taxes on income, not wealth. Redistributing the wealth doesn't generate more taxes. Wealth doesn't grow when you divide it either. But I realize how you came up with your opinion though. I just respectfully disagree. In my opinion, what you are wanting doesn't fix any of our current problems. Our country would remain broke.
Pete, I have previously posted Links from Reliable Sources, not Propaganda Sites, to everything I am saying here. I wish that you had clicked on them, read them. looked at the Graphs, and considered the Source of the information. They were filled with valuable information that would be difficult for anybody to deny and told exactly how the Wealthiest get out of paying Income Taxes on their Personal Wealth and their Businesses' Incomes.
Some of it, I already knew...the basics, anyway...but most of it was shocking...and it's ALL Legal! That's why the TEApublicans do NOT want any part of the Tax Code revamped, it would take away a lot of those Legal Loopholes, hopefully, that ONLY the wealthiest can use to "defraud" this Nation. And yes, I consider it, "LEGAL" Fraud being perpetrated upon this Nation!
You Pete, could not afford to take advantage of these Loopholes, unless you own Multi-Billion Dollar, Global Companies!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pam Ellison (Sep '10) 13 min too sadd 31
Drug "King-pin" wink-wink Arrested 15 min Mike 16
Hannah Riddle 44 min Paul Cox 6
Debate: Gay Marriage - Greeneville, TN (Jul '10) 1 hr KiMare 7,632
twested scissors 2 hr friend of hers 20
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr Windy 9,328
Michael Brobeck (Sep '11) 4 hr Inquiring Minds 101
south greene football 8 hr jake 50
Laughlin Memorial Hospital 22 hr Release 12
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search