Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#76008 Apr 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning OA, I hope we can all have some meaningful dialogue today before the "night shift" comes crawling in.
Slithering in is more like it.

Location hidden

#76009 Apr 11, 2013
I'm eager to see Willard completely ignore the late night postings of his conservative "Christian" peers again later today...all the while declaring what immoral, Godless monsters the liberal posters are. The hypocrisy is as rich as one of his creme filled donuts.
still amused

Livingston, TN

#76010 Apr 11, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The penalty for cutting down an oak tree in a National Park is pretty severe. By your argument, someone should be subject to that penalty if they step on an acorn.
Never said anything about stepping on a acorn.Just said from little acorns grow mighty oaks.
not impressed

United States

#76011 Apr 11, 2013
Vulgar language doesn't impress an educated person.
Trashy people like ti roll around in trash together.
If someone wants others to listen to them, if you want to make a point, the best way is to use non trashy words.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76012 Apr 11, 2013
Good morning Willard and all of the good day posters who aren't boring.

As for you three nuts, well hopefully you can find something more interesting to talk about other than posters you are jealous of.

Location hidden

#76013 Apr 11, 2013
not impressed wrote:
If someone wants others to listen to them, if you want to make a point, the best way is to use non trashy words.
"non trashy words" as opposed to?

Location hidden

#76014 Apr 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning OA, I hope we can all have some meaningful dialogue today before the "night shift" comes crawling in.
Bla bla bla...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76015 Apr 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy, did you call our two Senators about the cuts in S.S. amd Veterans Benefits?
Well I did and I asked both of them where they stood on these cuts, and both of their offices said "the cuts were not enough, we need deeper cuts"........when I pressed them about the S.S. and Veterans benefits cuts, both of them said they would advise the Senators about my concern.
Now this tells me they could care less about their own constiuents and more about party lines.
Most Republican Senators are for cuts to benefits "Dunlapian", as are virtually all Republican congressmen and women. They can't get more tax cuts for those who finance their campaigns without any cash in the treasury, and with the increasing costs of the baby boomers retirement and health care costs, deep cuts to benefits is the only way to get that cash.
Now that they have a Democratic President on their side proposing cuts to the two most popular government programs in history, it is only a matter of time before the FIRST ROUND of these cuts become a reality.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76016 Apr 11, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bla bla bla...
I have to hand it to you, you are certainly consistent with the content of your posts. Chuckles !!
Probably

Johnson City, TN

#76017 Apr 11, 2013
...we are screwed. Again. And more.

Reality sets in, Overtaxed. But you are still wishing your Repub. representatives could get you some more tax cuts, right?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76018 Apr 11, 2013
not impressed wrote:
Surely you aren't refering to the poster who resides at the foot of the cross all day....and then lays down with the dogs at night ?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76019 Apr 11, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Most Republican Senators are for cuts to benefits "Dunlapian", as are virtually all Republican congressmen and women. They can't get more tax cuts for those who finance their campaigns without any cash in the treasury, and with the increasing costs of the baby boomers retirement and health care costs, deep cuts to benefits is the only way to get that cash.
Now that they have a Democratic President on their side proposing cuts to the two most popular government programs in history, it is only a matter of time before the FIRST ROUND of these cuts become a reality.
OT, I do understand how it appears on the surface, with President Obama offering up S.S. and V.A. Benefits, which in itself sounds odd for a Democrat President. But this Democrat President didn't get elected because he was born with a "Silver Spoon" in his mouth.
Now just talking to the interns yesterday for both of our Senators, it sounded like they wanted cuts so deep that we as a nation would spiral downward out of control and do a nose dive into the abyss.
Now I really believe President Obama will be doing a bait and switch with these cuts.
But for this to happen, we all will have to wait and see!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76020 Apr 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>OT, I do understand how it appears on the surface, with President Obama offering up S.S. and V.A. Benefits, which in itself sounds odd for a Democrat President. But this Democrat President didn't get elected because he was born with a "Silver Spoon" in his mouth.
Now just talking to the interns yesterday for both of our Senators, it sounded like they wanted cuts so deep that we as a nation would spiral downward out of control and do a nose dive into the abyss.
Now I really believe President Obama will be doing a bait and switch with these cuts.
But for this to happen, we all will have to wait and see!
Yes "Dunlapian" they want deep cuts, and splitting the difference is beginning to look reasonable to the public. That is the danger to these programs, that Obama's proposal is a reasonable alternative when in reality....it is taking dollars out of the pockets of those who are no longer able to work, after they have paid into S.S. all of their working lives.
You probably remember the Reagan years. When Reagan came into office Social Security was the third rail of politics. Touch it and die politically. Well the great communicator proposed a raise in the retirement age, and I predicted a political death. Tip O'Neill, a liberal by any measure, provided political cover for Reagan to get his way, not for current retirees, to hold the senior vote, but for future generations. Reagan survived and became MORE popular, as O'Neill slipped into obscurity but that third rail no longer held the same significance, largely from the cover provided by Tip.
Simply by putting chained CPI on the table, a Democratic president has innoculated future presidents and congresses from the political damage that might come from Social Security changes. Again...Pandora's box.

Location hidden

#76021 Apr 11, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>I have to hand it to you, you are certainly consistent with the content of your posts. Chuckles !!
Thanks Ms Lady. You are as well. Have a blessed day girl.

Location hidden

#76022 Apr 11, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Ms Lady. You are as well. Have a blessed day girl.
Seems conservatives are actually pro-sex change. They certainly are compelled to alter the gender of those who oppose them. My theory is that they are more comfortable attacking women than they are men. I have seen this occur for years on political forums. I believe this might fall into the category of "bearing false witness." ...or maybe sheer cowardice.

Guild

#76023 Apr 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
I concur. This is nothing more than a political ploy.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76024 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Seems conservatives are actually pro-sex change. They certainly are compelled to alter the gender of those who oppose them. My theory is that they are more comfortable attacking women than they are men. I have seen this occur for years on political forums. I believe this might fall into the category of "bearing false witness." ...or maybe sheer cowardice.
I have noticed that as well, OA but I suspect it has more to do with wanting to fire a shot without ammunition !
Hillbillyboy

United States

#76025 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
No, thats not it. Its the steroetype thing.

You know, the hysterical woman who has either worked herself up into a screraming frenzy, or perhaps a drug induced one? With the eyes as big as saucers, purple faced, veins bulging as she screams some leftist slogan...

Well, that is the stereotype that conservative men might be thinking of when they debate liberal women. And how does one debate somebody like that?

(It cant be done politely)

And on the other side of the coin, I often see Conservative men given treatment by liberals which usually takes an odd turn. Eventually, the whole thing becomes one of a liberal assuming the persona of a rebellios youthful person (even though they might actually be far older), and then they spout rebellion propaganda against the conservative as a youth would against theur father.

And all the while, the democrat in this debate might actually be 50 years older than the conservative!

Strange things go in in debates when we cant actually see the other person. Stereotypes set in and the whole thing takes on a life of its own.

And some people fuss at other folks avatar photo too.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#76026 Apr 11, 2013
I hear Iceland is doing well.Seems the people spoke and someone listened.

Location hidden

#76027 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>Seems conservatives are actually pro-sex change. They certainly are compelled to alter the gender of those who oppose them. My theory is that they are more comfortable attacking women than they are men. I have seen this occur for years on political forums. I believe this might fall into the category of "bearing false witness." ...or maybe sheer cowardice.
Dear my choice to change your gender is based strictly on your feminine word choice. You my lady, write like a female.

That's all...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Garrett Campbell 12 min Wondering 16
***** last post wins ***** 16 min Sunshine 69
presented by the genuine Kohlrabi--I HATE KOHLR... 18 min Hmmm 13
The Alphabet game 33 min Jesse Hope 32
Faith in humanity restored 34 min Pretend 2 B Normal 1
Kristy Necessary 1 hr middlecreekmoma 13
any contractors/builders to stay clear of? (Jul '10) 2 hr employee 193
get rid of Robert Sayne 7 hr Zdab15 80
Mayor Daniels tries to pull Fast one 7 hr Amy 15
Scintillaire Restaurant 9 hr Dr Wu 40