Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76018 Apr 11, 2013
not impressed wrote:
Vulgar language doesn't impress an educated person.
Trashy people like ti roll around in trash together.
If someone wants others to listen to them, if you want to make a point, the best way is to use non trashy words.
Surely you aren't refering to the poster who resides at the foot of the cross all day....and then lays down with the dogs at night ?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76019 Apr 11, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Most Republican Senators are for cuts to benefits "Dunlapian", as are virtually all Republican congressmen and women. They can't get more tax cuts for those who finance their campaigns without any cash in the treasury, and with the increasing costs of the baby boomers retirement and health care costs, deep cuts to benefits is the only way to get that cash.
Now that they have a Democratic President on their side proposing cuts to the two most popular government programs in history, it is only a matter of time before the FIRST ROUND of these cuts become a reality.
OT, I do understand how it appears on the surface, with President Obama offering up S.S. and V.A. Benefits, which in itself sounds odd for a Democrat President. But this Democrat President didn't get elected because he was born with a "Silver Spoon" in his mouth.
Now just talking to the interns yesterday for both of our Senators, it sounded like they wanted cuts so deep that we as a nation would spiral downward out of control and do a nose dive into the abyss.
Now I really believe President Obama will be doing a bait and switch with these cuts.
But for this to happen, we all will have to wait and see!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76020 Apr 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>OT, I do understand how it appears on the surface, with President Obama offering up S.S. and V.A. Benefits, which in itself sounds odd for a Democrat President. But this Democrat President didn't get elected because he was born with a "Silver Spoon" in his mouth.
Now just talking to the interns yesterday for both of our Senators, it sounded like they wanted cuts so deep that we as a nation would spiral downward out of control and do a nose dive into the abyss.
Now I really believe President Obama will be doing a bait and switch with these cuts.
But for this to happen, we all will have to wait and see!
Yes "Dunlapian" they want deep cuts, and splitting the difference is beginning to look reasonable to the public. That is the danger to these programs, that Obama's proposal is a reasonable alternative when in reality....it is taking dollars out of the pockets of those who are no longer able to work, after they have paid into S.S. all of their working lives.
You probably remember the Reagan years. When Reagan came into office Social Security was the third rail of politics. Touch it and die politically. Well the great communicator proposed a raise in the retirement age, and I predicted a political death. Tip O'Neill, a liberal by any measure, provided political cover for Reagan to get his way, not for current retirees, to hold the senior vote, but for future generations. Reagan survived and became MORE popular, as O'Neill slipped into obscurity but that third rail no longer held the same significance, largely from the cover provided by Tip.
Simply by putting chained CPI on the table, a Democratic president has innoculated future presidents and congresses from the political damage that might come from Social Security changes. Again...Pandora's box.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76021 Apr 11, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>I have to hand it to you, you are certainly consistent with the content of your posts. Chuckles !!
Thanks Ms Lady. You are as well. Have a blessed day girl.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#76022 Apr 11, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Ms Lady. You are as well. Have a blessed day girl.
Seems conservatives are actually pro-sex change. They certainly are compelled to alter the gender of those who oppose them. My theory is that they are more comfortable attacking women than they are men. I have seen this occur for years on political forums. I believe this might fall into the category of "bearing false witness." ...or maybe sheer cowardice.

Since: Feb 13

Guild

#76023 Apr 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
Now I really believe President Obama will be doing a bait and switch with these cuts.
I concur. This is nothing more than a political ploy.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76024 Apr 11, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems conservatives are actually pro-sex change. They certainly are compelled to alter the gender of those who oppose them. My theory is that they are more comfortable attacking women than they are men. I have seen this occur for years on political forums. I believe this might fall into the category of "bearing false witness." ...or maybe sheer cowardice.
I have noticed that as well, OA but I suspect it has more to do with wanting to fire a shot without ammunition !
Hillbillyboy

United States

#76025 Apr 11, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems conservatives are actually pro-sex change. They certainly are compelled to alter the gender of those who oppose them. My theory is that they are more comfortable attacking women than they are men. I have seen this occur for years on political forums. I believe this might fall into the category of "bearing false witness." ...or maybe sheer cowardice.
No, thats not it. Its the steroetype thing.

You know, the hysterical woman who has either worked herself up into a screraming frenzy, or perhaps a drug induced one? With the eyes as big as saucers, purple faced, veins bulging as she screams some leftist slogan...

Well, that is the stereotype that conservative men might be thinking of when they debate liberal women. And how does one debate somebody like that?

(It cant be done politely)

And on the other side of the coin, I often see Conservative men given treatment by liberals which usually takes an odd turn. Eventually, the whole thing becomes one of a liberal assuming the persona of a rebellios youthful person (even though they might actually be far older), and then they spout rebellion propaganda against the conservative as a youth would against theur father.

And all the while, the democrat in this debate might actually be 50 years older than the conservative!

Strange things go in in debates when we cant actually see the other person. Stereotypes set in and the whole thing takes on a life of its own.

And some people fuss at other folks avatar photo too.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#76026 Apr 11, 2013
I hear Iceland is doing well.Seems the people spoke and someone listened.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76027 Apr 11, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>Seems conservatives are actually pro-sex change. They certainly are compelled to alter the gender of those who oppose them. My theory is that they are more comfortable attacking women than they are men. I have seen this occur for years on political forums. I believe this might fall into the category of "bearing false witness." ...or maybe sheer cowardice.
Dear my choice to change your gender is based strictly on your feminine word choice. You my lady, write like a female.

That's all...
gotcha

United States

#76028 Apr 11, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Ms Lady. You are as well. Have a blessed day girl.
Overtaxed and Really Sassy = same poster. Hahaha. When you're desperate for a pat on the back, just use a different handle and praise yourself!!!
MR POLITICS

Johnson City, TN

#76029 Apr 11, 2013
haslam good democrat with a republican label

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#76030 Apr 11, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear my choice to change your gender is based strictly on your feminine word choice. You my lady, write like a female.
That's all...
Does that mean MGurl is really a man? I mean, she uses the language of coarse, truck driving men. I notice you don't refer to that poster as a man.

"Feminine word choices." That's funny stuff.
truth

Duluth, GA

#76031 Apr 11, 2013
gotcha wrote:
<quoted text>Overtaxed and Really Sassy = same poster. Hahaha. When you're desperate for a pat on the back, just use a different handle and praise yourself!!!
Sweet darling baby that was meant sarcastically. No one could possibly dislike anyone more than I do that old democrap coot.
truth

Duluth, GA

#76032 Apr 11, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>Does that mean MGurl is really a man? I mean, she uses the language of coarse, truck driving men. I notice you don't refer to that poster as a man.

"Feminine word choices." That's funny stuff.
I haven't seen her word choice indicate anything about a male but I certainly see yours as VERY feminine indeed. Actually it was your writings we were addressing, not hers. Nice try though sugar babe.

That's all...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76033 Apr 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy, did you call our two Senators about the cuts in S.S. amd Veterans Benefits?
Well I did and I asked both of them where they stood on these cuts, and both of their offices said "the cuts were not enough, we need deeper cuts"........when I pressed them about the S.S. and Veterans benefits cuts, both of them said they would advise the Senators about my concern.
Now this tells me they could care less about their own constiuents and more about party lines.
Alexander and Corker need to be replaced ASAP!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#76034 Apr 11, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen her word choice indicate anything about a male but I certainly see yours as VERY feminine indeed. Actually it was your writings we were addressing, not hers. Nice try though sugar babe.
That's all...
You forgot to switch aliases again.

"You write like a girl." Wow.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#76035 Apr 11, 2013
By the way, are you male or female? I don't know many women who refer to another woman as "sugar babe," but then again, I don't know any men who would refer to themselves as "Really Sassy."

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76036 Apr 11, 2013
gotcha wrote:
<quoted text>
Overtaxed and Really Sassy = same poster. Hahaha. When you're desperate for a pat on the back, just use a different handle and praise yourself!!!
If you think for one minute that OT is the same person as the FAKE Really Sassy, then you just haven't been paying attention.

And if you meant OT and I are the same Person, I could only aspire to be as wise as OT, but I don't think that I ever can be! We are NOT the same Person!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76037 Apr 11, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet darling baby that was meant sarcastically. No one could possibly dislike anyone more than I do that old democrap coot.
I certainly welcome your "dislike" although I wish you had substituted the word "hate"....I would find that much better, since I in no way wish to be associated with someone like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cd teacher 18 min Will 14
Ashley Pickering & Bobby Gurrasio 41 min just me 8
cook out burgers 1 hr NobodyUKno 6
Anyone know Veronica Smith?? (Oct '12) 1 hr idk 6
Another 1 hr Dr Wu 10
Miranda Finley an her herpys 1 hr Dr Wu 3
Traci Jones 4 hr big ben 2
RIP Jeff Roark Thu benjamin 23
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]