Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,412)

Showing posts 68,221 - 68,240 of140,562
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

He not hrs

“I AM YOUR OWN PERSONAL JESUS !”

Since: Feb 13

NEXT DOOR TO YOU

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid, you might sound more credible (look it up) if I were a man...
Hey stupid, you might sound more credible if you could come up with an original name

Ya know??

Have a nice day :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very correct in the first part of this paragraph - but completely wrong about Separation of Church and State being in the U.S. Constitution.
The way of Governing in this Nation of, "Separation of Church and State" is based on the First Amendment. Those words, specifically, are not in the Constitution as most of our ways of Governing, beyond the Basics, are not. So, you are technically correct. But, the First Amendment implies that with it's wording concerning Religious Beliefs, or lack of, and no restrictions, discrimination, Laws, or consequences being inflicted upon any of this Nations Residents, including those running for, or elected to Public Office. Their Religious Beliefs, or lack of, is not intended to be the basis or the reason that they support or advocate anything concerning this Nation and it's citizens!

Simply put, it is a NON-ISSUE for EVERYBODY and that's what the Constitution Guarantees for all of us and on every Issue, even though Some are intent on violating that Constitutional guarantee and they should stop doing it. Religious beliefs are personal and they should remain that way on anything concerning other People who may not share the same Beliefs!
Tired

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

--Unreal 1--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid, you might sound more credible if you could come up with an original name
Ya know??
Have a nice day :)
Ok stupid, you win - the name must be tainted anyway... Sounds like you should be nicer to your wife...
Have a nice day...
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The penalty for cutting down an oak tree in a National Park is pretty severe. By your argument, someone should be subject to that penalty if they step on an acorn.
Interesting that you equate the life of a human with that of an oak tree.

How many inventions can you attribute to oak trees?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
...and then attended a church service 3 days later held in the U.S. Capitol Building.
That was his choice and that's what the Separation of "Church and State" are all about. what is so difficult to understand about that?

You worship , or don't worship, as you choose and I will do the same...and it's nobody else's business, so STAY OUT OF IT and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! It's not Rocket Science and anybody shouldn't even have to be told that, but the Religious fanatics can't seem to grasp the simple concept that it's NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS and it is GUARANTEED BY THE U.S. CONSTITUTION to be none of their business, as well as being the very reason that this Country was founded to begin with!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you mean "mean", not "man"!
"Classic"
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
"hrs"....
"Ditto"

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you equate the life of a human with that of an oak tree.
How many inventions can you attribute to oak trees?
How many genocides can you attribute to oak trees.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Notfromhere wrote:
I believe you man "accept", not "except"!<quoted text>
That is all you have to offer..........no conception of critical thinking?
cops suck

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
That was his choice and that's what the Separation of "Church and State" are all about. what is so difficult to understand about that?
You worship , or don't worship, as you choose and I will do the same...and it's nobody else's business, so STAY OUT OF IT and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! It's not Rocket Science and anybody shouldn't even have to be told that, but the Religious fanatics can't seem to grasp the simple concept that it's NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS and it is GUARANTEED BY THE U.S. CONSTITUTION to be none of their business, as well as being the very reason that this Country was founded to begin with!
you dont have a lot of years left good luck on judgement day telling your maker about separation of church and state.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunlapian does not accept anything . He repeatedly uses except instead even after it was previously brought to his attention. The two words have opposite meanings and hrs is supposedly intelligent enough to know the difference
Therefore it cannot be considered accidental. He must be using the word intentionally to convey his true beliefs and feelings.
You can't deal with your pathetic life!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious to anyone with a brain that you are a liar and trash, and so are your handful of buds. You and your friends do nothing but project you own faults onto others on these threads. That's OK because like I said, anyone with a brain can see this and know that you people have some serious issues. I could almost feel sorry for the insecurities of you all if you weren't so vile.
Absolutely true...and we've ALL figured it out a long time ago. But thanks for putting it in words!
Tired

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Projecting.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely true...and we've ALL figured it out a long time ago. But thanks for putting it in words!
Go back to the other site with Spy and play in your filth talk. No one needs you here tonight.

Hello everyone.
Pig answers here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done just about every kind of work you can imagine, except waitressing...I take that back , I did that part-time for a short while when I was still in High School.
I was always looking for something better, with more money and better benefits and I'm a fast-learner so I was never afraid to try anything....and I wasn't afraid of change, either...which surprisingly, so many People are.
I've been a the lowest Worker position, to a Boss, to a small Business Owner, to a Hostess, to a Police Dispatcher, to a Bookkeeper, and many more positions, Working 2 and 3 jobs, at a time sometimes...and all of them different kinds of work, while raising two Kids, alone, from the ages of 8 and 10.
Don't let anybody tell you that you can't do something, dive in and find out for yourself. You may fail, but there's no shame in that and you will learn something from each experience that may help you in another experience....and you will learn many different ways and a lot about the working world, which will help you in your next "Big Adventure"! Lol!
Now, I hope I answered your question sufficiently.:)
Oh, if age and wear and tear hadn't been slipping up on me, I wanted to try being a Flag Girl on an Interstate Road Construction Crew. Don't ask me why, I just did. But, that hot sun made me keep putting it off. I heard that it paid pretty good and it's about the only thing that I thought about doing that I never tried.
I know that it wouldn't have been a walk in the Park because of the working conditions, but I'll bet it would have been either one of the most boring jobs ever or a lot of fun, too. Lol!
Had I gotten bored, I would have made it fun, someway. I might have been like one of those Dancing Traffic Cops! LMAO! And then...they would have fired me! LOL!
Hey SSS do you support baby murder??? why not write a novel on that topic instead of sharing what you have done or not done with your worthless azz existence

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

The conservative "Christians" have started up their Bible study for the evening.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and Pete, those are not "gotcha" questions. I know that those used to be the case before I retired, but the business practices and Tax Laws may have changed since then.
No problem Sassy. I realize you are asking some very legitimate questions. Also, I realize we don't agree on things like this, but please don't think you are offending me by questioning how I form my opinion on such things. I honestly don't mind and am glad to discus it.

You are correct with everything you said in your first post regarding this subject. I do get a tax break for paying health benefits for employees, for paying SS benefits for employees, etc. However, the tax break doesn't come close to covering the entire cost. Most employers don't really look at hourly pay or salaries by themselves. Most look at the total cost of labor. This includes SS, FUTA, SUTA, medicare, benefits, etc. For example, I have a forumula I use to determine how much staff I have. For a given average of sales over the past 6 months, I use the formula to determine how many delivery men, how many sales assistants, how many office assistants, etc. My formula determines the least number in each department I can get by with before the company starts losing money. However, it is more beneficial for my company to have more than what my formula suggests so that we can account for illness, not have too much overtime, not working any one person to death, etc. If my formula says I need 40 delivery men for a given amount of sales, that means I could probably have been able to use 48 delivery men if not for labor taxes and benefits. When these taxes go up or down, I don't adjust the actual pay, I adjust the number that I have. In short, the labor taxes affect total employment, not pay, at least in my company. Also, over time, employees get raises and bonuses, at least the good ones do, so their pay and labor taxes go up the longer they work there. Therefore, even if I did lower initial wages to account for labor taxes, the wages usually end up being a lot higher for most of my workforce. To stay competitive for good people, I offer good up front wages and raises based on performance. Honestly, I don't do that because I am simply a nice guy, I do it because it cost more to recruit and train new employees.

Employees don't usually consider the fact that their employer is paying part of their retirement, so they don't include this retirement benefit when determining what pay they need to pay their bills. Don't get me wrong, I can't really blame them. I didn't consider this as well back in my younger days. But their employer does account for the additional costs of labor when sizing the company's work force.

I know I have been rambling on, but I hope this makes a little sense. Finally, in my opinion, SS, Medicare and Health Benefits are things I don't mind paying for employees and I think this is a great program for all employees. A company is only as good as the people who work there. I have learned over the years to not scrimp on what you pay employees.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well Pete thank-you for getting back with me.
I except your apology.
Around where I live and many areas in the nation "entitlements" and other types of "Welfare" are put in the same pot and stirred up to make them one and the same.
I understand for myself that Social Security will be around for me......but I try to look at the bigger picture, and that would be for future Americans to be able to have Social Security as part of a three legged stool for retirement.
I know we will have to do some tweaking on how Social Security is funded, but not on the backs of those Americans that will be using it.
One simple way would be to bump up the FICA limit. I'm sure there are other ways, that would not be a burden to American workers.
Hi Dunlapian. I think you and I both want the same thing. SS is a very good program and all wage earners deserve to have it administered correctly. I realize we probably disagree on this, but increasing the cap on SS doesn't really do anything in my opinion. True, the money going in gets increased, but the money going out gets increased as well. It is a retirement plan so it is structured to pay out what is paid in. I did find an article that describes in more detail what I am saying:

http://www.economics21.org/commentary/why-rai...

Anyway, I do think we both agree on the fact that SS is something we definitely need and we need it to flourish rather than flounder.

Hope you are doing well.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Dunlapian wrote:
Hello Pete;
Have you heard anything about this Vice-Mayor William Blakely up your way (Tri-Cities) that was masturbating many times in his car while going 90 mph?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/will...
I've heard bits and pieces about this man Dunlapian, but to be honest, I haven't really been paying attention to it until I read the article you posted. Mt.Carmel is a little "hole in the wall" outside of Kingsport and this is probably the most news coming out of that area for quite some time. We have another small community, Bluff City, whose politicians get a lot of news as well. Right now, probably the biggest news is how Bristol got Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops to locate there instead of Kingsport. And pretty soon, truant officers will have to attend the Washington County Commission meetings to keep the arguments from becoming physical. But I guess that is just another part of good ole local politics :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,221 - 68,240 of140,562
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

95 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Applause Greeneville you are famous 12 min FormerGreenevillian 10
Policeman Teddy Lawing 38 min Nobody 6
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 1 hr My two cents 14
YFA Draft 1 hr humpdy 1
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 1 hr Randall Mc Daniel 170
fired policeman 1 hr Careful 15
Greene County School System At It Again 1 hr justify 7
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 3 hr saw hull 121
•••