Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

"Read the Bible as you would Livy or Tacitus. For example, in the book of Joshua we are told the sun stood still for several hours. Were we to read that fact in Livy or Tacitus we should class it with their showers of blood, speaking of their statues, beasts, etc. But it is said that the writer of that book was inspired. Examine, therefore, candidly, what evidence there is of his having been inspired. The pretension is entitled to your inquiry, because millions believe it. On the other hand, you are astronomer enough to know how contrary it is to the law of nature" (Works, Vol. ii., p. 217).

In this same letter, he thus refers to Jesus Christ:

"Keep in your eye the opposite pretensions: First, of those who say he was begotten by God, born of a virgin, suspended and reversed the laws of Nature at will, and ascended bodily into heaven; and second, of those who say he was a man of illegitimate birth, of a benevolent heart, enthusiastic mind, who set out without pretensions to divinity, ended in believing them, and was punished capitally for sedition by being gibbeted, according to the Roman law, which punished the first commission of that offence by whipping, and the second by exile or death in furea."
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.”—Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823
It has been years since I read this quote from Jefferson OA, and I had forgotten how clearly he made his feelings known. A stark statement indeed.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
It just never seems to stop, no matter what we do.
----------
"Lone Star College Stabbing: At Least 14 Wounded, Suspect In Custody."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lone-star...
Where was the good guy with a gun?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

If Jefferson were running for office today on the Democratic ticket, the GOP would attack these writings savagely and claim them to be proof of his Godlessness.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Cornbread wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice no gun was involved. So we are to ban knives too?
You can start screaming now.
That was the very reason that I posted it. An exacto knife??? But, it didn't kill any of them and a gun would have...you have to consider that, also.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

"Obama's Late Budget Submission A Strategic Move."

Click here:
http://www.npr.org/2013/04/09/176713146/obama...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Who was the Jesus that Jefferson found? He was not the familiar figure of the New Testament. In Jefferson's Bible, there is no account of the beginning and the end of the Gospel story. There is no story of the annunciation, the virgin birth or the appearance of the angels to the shepherds. The resurrection is not even mentioned.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/thomas_...
I don't want to be a bible thumper here...No, I lied!:-) I must agree with portions of your earlier post relating to the errant beliefs of Jefferson. While many consider him a consummate Statesman, philosopher and political visionary, myself included, he was NOT a christian in any real sense I have been able to understand. I might add..scholars studying Jefferson more extensively than I, don't appear to rest in declarative conclusion!

However, the iconic New Testament canons Jefferson ignored were sorely indicted by the Old Testiment itself! The Old Testiment accounts for the town Jesus was born and the fact that he would be "pierced for our transgressions",(before crucifixion had been invented by the Babylonians, much less the Romans), and much, much more. In fact, Pslam 22, written approximately 1120 years before Christ was born is an express account of the crucifiction chronology and more.

As you brought forward, Jefferson was in struggle and may not have reconciled his misunderstandings. I prefer to believe he may have..I'd love to meet him someday!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

If Jefferson were running for office today on the Democratic ticket, the GOP would attack these writings savagely and claim them to be proof of his Godlessness.
This is a silly statement..I kinda' think you know it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Cornbread wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice no gun was involved. So we are to ban knives too?
You can start screaming now.
I noticed that this joke was created by the one creative conservative in America...and latched on to and repeated ad nauseum by the millions of conservatives who lack any semblance of creativity or humor across the country. Just witnessing the collective conservative mind "in action" is an exercise in classic comedy.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
"Sen. Mitch McConnell Was Recorded Plotting Against Ashley Judd."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/sen-mitch-mcconnell-bug...
He is a sad old man, and almost to be pitied if he didn't make you want to puke every time he opened his mouth....kinda like willard...
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I noticed that this joke was created by the one creative conservative in America...and latched on to and repeated ad nauseum by the millions of conservatives who lack any semblance of creativity or humor across the country. Just witnessing the collective conservative mind "in action" is an exercise in classic comedy.
I noticed that your statement came from a die hard Liberal, who's party has brought this country to it's knees. And continues to eat away at the very life of all working class Americans.
Obama promised he would not touch Welfare, food stamps,medicaid, and SS, but he lied again. Read his new budget proposal.
BTW I am an Independent. As an American I am fed up with the Democrats, as well as the Republicans. I also noticed that most of the Democratic party will not support Obama's budget plans. Can it be that Obama has alienated his own party? Interesting isn't it?
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Cornbread wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that your statement came from a die hard Liberal, who's party has brought this country to it's knees. And continues to eat away at the very life of all working class Americans.
Obama promised he would not touch Welfare, food stamps,medicaid, and SS, but he lied again. Read his new budget proposal.
BTW I am an Independent. As an American I am fed up with the Democrats, as well as the Republicans. I also noticed that most of the Democratic party will not support Obama's budget plans. Can it be that Obama has alienated his own party? Interesting isn't it?
Cornbread, you are the only poster on here claiming to be Independent that I believe, and I agree with you and most of your posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
"Obama's Late Budget Submission A Strategic Move."

Click here:
http://www.npr.org/2013/04/09/176713146/obama...
Go back to bed wench!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Missy gurl knows wrote:
Drunk yet unreal?
Na, it`s too early for you yet, rite :)
Hi Missy gurl, How are you doing tonight? I've seen you on the thread a few times today, thought I'd say hello. Where's R/S, I haven't heard from her?
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Can you "Sanrorum voters" AKA "stupid people" even read? She posted prior to both of your posts... Enjoy your night of filth and hate...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Missy gurl knows wrote:
<quoted text>I just posted with R/S on another forum.
I`m doing great, and hope that you are too.
Yeah, doing fine. It's been a crazy week for me, mainly because I I hate traveling. I wouldn't mind if I was starting a fusion band, going on the road! But, that's only a fantasy! Got any ideas?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to bed wench!
There you are.. A-Wal again! Haven't had a chance to say hello today, figured I'd catch you sooner or later!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Missy gurl knows wrote:
<quoted text>I just posted with R/S on another forum.
I`m doing great, and hope that you are too.
Hey you sexy thang. How is Really Sassy? Tell her to PM and I will join you all if thats okay.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Missy gurl, How are you doing tonight? I've seen you on the thread a few times today, thought I'd say hello. Where's R/S, I haven't heard from her?
Hello there my friend. MG and I have been keeping tabs on a few trolls. Lol. How has your day been?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

SexySasssySenior wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you sexy thang. How is Really Sassy? Tell her to PM and I will join you all if thats okay.
I found you. Lol. Now all the good folks are here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••