|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

"Why A Fox News Reporter Faces Jail Time In The Aurora Shooting case."

("Jana Winter is under pressure to reveal the sources who disclosed details about James Holmes' alleged notebook.")

Click here:
http://theweek.com/article/index/242438/why-a...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Chill out a minute Dunlapian and quit being such a pessimist. Maybe you need to have a brandy. You totally discount the equal probability that the congressmen who voted for this might just have helped SS in the long run. If this is indeed the case, these same people will have the voters support. You don't know what the outcome will eventually be. You always just assume anyone tampering with an entitlement is trying to stick it to the poor, elderly or needy. It might just be these same politicians are trying to salvage these entitlements for the good of the nation for many years to come. There are some politicians who think about the country versus getting re-elected. There are some who don't, I realize that. But your willingness to always assume the rich are sticking it to the poor every time someone talks about an entitlement change shows you are more concerned about your ideology rather than what benefits the country as a whole. Sometimes, change is good. I guess we will see what changes are good and what aren't regarding SS.
Go plant a rose in your backyard. Maybe it will help inspire more positive thoughts.
Pete, I don't drink Brandy.(don't talk down to me!)
As I have explained before SS as it is now is good to go for about another 15-20 years years without doing anything.
Now with that said, I have also mentioned things in past topix we can do to bump it up in the mean time.
If it's just one thing that Seniors know about, and that one thing is called COLA. They look foward to it, and they vote accordingly. Now chained CPI starts off very slowly, not much different than Cola, but the difference is very little, but less non the same and each year the difference becomes greater.
Pete, you are wrong about calling SS an entitlement. This program has been fully funded by employees and employers without anyneed for a Gov't subsidy. One cannot call it a entitlement because the money issued to the recipient is theirs to begin with.
For some reason after I have read your whole post, you seem to think I'm poor and just living off my SS benefits....... nothing could be further from the truth. SS is just part of my financial strategy.
Oh yeah about that rose, you can go stick it up........well maybe I should wrap things up now as you are starting to make my skin crawl.
Jerry

Hanoi, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, I don't drink Brandy.(don't talk down to me!)
As I have explained before SS as it is now is good to go for about another 15-20 years years without doing anything.
Now with that said, I have also mentioned things in past topix we can do to bump it up in the mean time.
If it's just one thing that Seniors know about, and that one thing is called COLA. They look foward to it, and they vote accordingly. Now chained CPI starts off very slowly, not much different than Cola, but the difference is very little, but less non the same and each year the difference becomes greater.
Pete, you are wrong about calling SS an entitlement. This program has been fully funded by employees and employers without anyneed for a Gov't subsidy. One cannot call it a entitlement because the money issued to the recipient is theirs to begin with.
For some reason after I have read your whole post, you seem to think I'm poor and just living off my SS benefits....... nothing could be further from the truth. SS is just part of my financial strategy.
Oh yeah about that rose, you can go stick it up........well maybe I should wrap things up now as you are starting to make my skin crawl.
What about the ones that worked hard paid into SS for 50+ years then just up and died, never collecting a dime from SS?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
If anybody really has any knowledge or training about anything to do with "Space", what is your educated opinion of this?
I don't...so I don't know whether to like this idea or not, but I don't THINK that I do.
----------
"Obama Administration: Don't Worry, We'll Only Drag Small Asteroids Toward Earth."
Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/04/white...
Well Sassy, I'm not anything close to being a expert on this, but from what I do know is that we live in a everchanging universe. A universe at this point in time is very calm. But that can change in a flash and life as we know it will be over.
I believe President Obama is right to go out and try to capture a asteroid, no two are alike and to study it.
As the European Space Agency is doing right now with their Rosetta Probe, they will be landing on a Comet(no two are alike) next year and take a wild ride on it as it circles the Sun. This type of thing is just very interesting to me, as we need to know everything about these objects as they can end our life.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Pete, that's what the Republicans are now claiming...that they are trying to save Social Security, but it is well known and has been all of my Life, that Republicans have never liked Social Security since FDR instituted it, nor do they have like Medicare.
Over the years, they have tried many times to get rid of it, even in Good Economic times. It's well documented if you would care to research it. I remember it well because , even though my Dad was a Republican, every time the Republicans came up with a new scheme to try and get rid of Social Security, he would start calling them some unflattering Names and directing it to the TV. As a Kid, I thought it was funny to see him do that, but he would be furious!
My Dad remembered the depression, even though he was just a Kid and he and his Mom and Dad were some of the ones like you see in the old clips, gathered in front of the Radio, listening to FDR's "Fireside Chats".
Make no mistake about it, this is the beginning of the end of Social Security, if what is proposed is signed into Law and ALL of us Baby Boomers know it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>What about the ones that worked hard paid into SS for 50+ years then just up and died, never collecting a dime from SS?
That's true with any Retirement Plan, that's the risk One takes. But, with Social Security, Ones spouse can draw the Benefits, under certain conditions and any Surviving Minor Children, which is not always true of other Private Retirement Plans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

POLL: Americans Pretty Clueless About What Gun Laws Already Exist."

("Most Americans erroneously think there are Universal Background Checks for Gun purchases.")

Click here:
http://theweek.com/article/index/242453/poll-...
Grandpappy

Hanoi, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
Pete, that's what the Republicans are now claiming...that they are trying to save Social Security, but it is well known and has been all of my Life, that Republicans have never liked Social Security since FDR instituted it, nor do they have like Medicare.
Over the years, they have tried many times to get rid of it, even in Good Economic times. It's well documented if you would care to research it. I remember it well because , even though my Dad was a Republican, every time the Republicans came up with a new scheme to try and get rid of Social Security, he would start calling them some unflattering Names and directing it to the TV. As a Kid, I thought it was funny to see him do that, but he would be furious!
My Dad remembered the depression, even though he was just a Kid and he and his Mom and Dad were some of the ones like you see in the old clips, gathered in front of the Radio, listening to FDR's "Fireside Chats".
Make no mistake about it, this is the beginning of the end of Social Security, if what is proposed is signed into Law and ALL of us Baby Boomers know it!
End to social security, I seriously doubt that, what would all the old people do?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well Sassy, I'm not anything close to being a expert on this, but from what I do know is that we live in a everchanging universe. A universe at this point in time is very calm. But that can change in a flash and life as we know it will be over.
I believe President Obama is right to go out and try to capture a asteroid, no two are alike and to study it.
As the European Space Agency is doing right now with their Rosetta Probe, they will be landing on a Comet(no two are alike) next year and take a wild ride on it as it circles the Sun. This type of thing is just very interesting to me, as we need to know everything about these objects as they can end our life.
That makes me feel better about it, to know that somebody else has plans to explore it also. I was just thinking that if we were the first Ones, would we disrupt something that we might regret later on. But, if it's going to be disrupted anyway, what have we got to lose and we might gain something from it. Thanks, Dunlapian, for that Post, I didn't know about the European Space Agency and their Plans, but now I do.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

tea party tea party wrote:
<quoted text>you are a liar a fool a wrinkled up bisexual bitch did i mention a liar and a fool....look stuff up before you shoot off your nicotine pucked moth fool.
Again, I see the conservative "Christians" were busy last night.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Grandpappy wrote:
<quoted text>End to social security, I seriously doubt that, what would all the old people do?
Just like they did before Social Security. Get by anyway they could and it would shorten their lives. Social Security was instituted because the Lives of Old People were very poor and sad and it would be worse now for the your Kids and the younger Generations because Families are more scattered now than they were in the 1930's.
It's all online and there have been many Documentaries on Life before Social Security for Old People and if you had seen any of them, you would not believe things were ever that bad for Older Americans...but, they were. Abject Proverty in most cases, with Old People living and lying in the Streets of big Cities because they were Homeless. And what about Medical Care and Nursing Home care? You need to consider those too, because they would also be affected by No Social Security and/or No Medicare.
bud oracle

Cambodia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

I'm afraid that we're going to HAVE to go to War with Iran. Another very bad consequence of taking out Saddam Hussein, Iran's Number One Enemy and the One who kept Iran in line, so we didn't have to! What a mistake the Iraq War was!
----------
"Iran Announces Uranium Mining After Nuclear Talks Fail."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/iran-opens-uranium-mine...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

"Constitution Check: Can A Local Government Order Every Family In Town To have A Gun?"

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/constitution-check-loca...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>OT, another thing about this chained CPI that Our President Obama has on the table, he is not running again, and next year when all those Congress Men/Women run for re-election, the Seniors know all about COLA and Social Security and how they voted.
Stay tuned......"it's not over until the fat lady sings".
Well I guess the night crew will soon be arriving!
Well my friend, I hope you are right. I get the feeling that the powers that be in Washington have determined it is somehow courageous for Obama to take on his own party on Social Security and Medicare cuts. That somehow means testing Medicare would be good for the program and that cutting benefits for future retirees will "save" the program. I think the reason that these programs receive near universal support from the electorate is BECAUSE they are for every American who paid into them, and that the benefits are fair and equitable. In my opinion, when you change those facts, you erode that universal approval for the programs.
I posted a day or two ago that some friends of mine who happen to be Republicans, were at least as outraged as I was about the Obama proposals...I SEROIUSLY doubt that would be the case if means testing were a component of these programs.
A Republican President could never destroy these programs. The public would not allow it, that would take a Democratic President and in my opinion, Obama has now opened Pandora's box. I hope I am wrong and you are right.....and only time will tell.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, I don't drink Brandy.(don't talk down to me!)
Again Dunlapian, chill out, I never insinuated you were poor or needy. The rose was my attempt at a bit of humor regarding your pessimism. It's supposed to be a nice day today, hope you enjoy it.
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
"Evaluate the People in your Life; then Promote, Demote, or Terminate. You're the CEO of your Life!"
~~ Author Unknown ~~
Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that most people are not cut out to be CEO's.

Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>What about the ones that worked hard paid into SS for 50+ years then just up and died, never collecting a dime from SS?
So today it's Jerry from Hanoi, Vietnam......how clever!
As with a husband who paid into SS for 50+ years and dies, his spouse will recieve it if it is larger than hers, and if they have a disabled son/daughter they will also be covered. You know I even think that Prophet Jesus would like this idea, as it cares for the meek, less fortunate, ect.

rain

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get her started. She is a self proclaimed expert on everything. She tells us that she has been a trucking company owner, worked in medicine, convenience stores, 911 dispatcher, just to name a few of the many jobs she has claimed. No telling how many more she will tell you about before she is through. Now she sits here on topix 24/7 filling the threads with spam from every left-wing fanatic propaganda site that she can find.
Hey i have been around also from homeless bum to tax payer done it all not stuck in a rut like some people any fool can do the same thing day in and day out and cry because they think they are under paid hell if you dont like the pay go where the pay is better i have quit better jobs than most people have ever had like i said i have did it all from ditch digger to flying a airplane some people need to git off their dead a$$ and see what life rilley like
cone head

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
I'm afraid that we're going to HAVE to go to War with Iran. Another very bad consequence of taking out Saddam Hussein, Iran's Number One Enemy and the One who kept Iran in line, so we didn't have to! What a mistake the Iraq War was!
----------
"Iran Announces Uranium Mining After Nuclear Talks Fail."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/iran-opens-uranium-mine...
Iraq went to war with Iran back in the early 80s.It went pretty good for Iraq until Iran started dending over wave after wave of men.Pretty soon Saddam started us poison gas and that only made things go from bad to worse.After many years of war it ended pretty much with no border changes but thousands on each side were killed.In order to go to war with Iran Saddam borrowed millions of dolllars from France,Germany,Russia just to buy fighter planes and tanks and other weapon systems.In order to pay off his debt he then invaded Kuwait to get their oil reserves and that led to war with the United Staes and othe U.N. forces and that went badly too.To put in mildly Saddam was a thug with only one goal and that was to kill as many people as he could.Saddam would have had trouble keeping Iran in line for anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CANTOR of VA forced out of our lives 6 min Fade Away lobbyville 1
I was home schooled does it show ? 12 min Home school bad ideal 5
CHINESE economy has no wealthy conservtaives to... 17 min pucky cucky ten dollar 3
COUNTY 1 million short TAX THE RICH 21 min Abundance Crop 9
MEDIAN FAMILY WEALTH down 36% rich are getting ... 23 min SURPLUS wasters 9
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 24 min vote no gay 8,983
good ole boys- lets name them 1 hr BROYLESville King 14
County Clerk - my choice 3 hr moon pie 11
lady i pulled weeds with behind that church tha... 5 hr It was me 12
Lost respect for GPD 5 hr Under cover cops 80
Greeneville: 4 main reasons that people refuse ... 5 hr REPUBLICANISM failures 73
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••