Pete

Johnson City, TN

#75674 Apr 8, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Correction, Pete, it was Tora Bora, in the Mountains of Afghanistan, NOT Bora Bora.
Click here:
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CPRT-111SPRT5370...
I knew what you meant Sassy, no worries.
tea party tea party

Milan, TN

#75675 Apr 8, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
PPTP wrote:
"...who was the commanden n chief who was offered ben laden on a silver platter and chose not to have him taken..."
That would be George W. Bush!
you are a liar a fool a wrinkled up bisexual bitch did i mention a liar and a fool....look stuff up before you shoot off your nicotine pucked moth fool.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#75676 Apr 8, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
And there were no Women and Children in danger of being killed at Bora Bora...only Bin Laden and his Men and, I think a few Members of the Taliban...but I could be wrong about the Taliban, it's been awhile.
The CIA Operatives had tracked Bin Laden and his Men into the Mountains and had them trapped with no way out, but did not have enough Men to go in and get Bin Laden, without endangering themselves needlessly, with so few Men.
Bush specifically ordered Back-up NOT be diverted to get Bin Laden, when the Troop Commander asked permission.
Sure thing.And I'll bet Bin Laden and his men were carrying those WMDs in their pockets and that's why no one could find them suckers.
tea party tea party

Milan, TN

#75677 Apr 8, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Margaret Thatcher was not well-liked by the British People during her time in Power.
I worked with a British Lady during that time, who had married an American and came to this Country. I was a praising PM Thatcher one day at work , when we were discussing Politics.
She let me know really quickly that the American People thought a lot more of PM Thatcher than any of the British People did, and that she would definitely be voted out at the next election. She was right!
you bisexual bitch are not likedd at all by benton county people.. deal with it...light up fool.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#75678 Apr 8, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Hi "Pete" ! I absolutely agree with you that economic growth will increase tax revenues and further, I believe that no amount of cuts OR TAX INCREASES will balance the budget without that growth. You can go back through this thread and you will find I posted repeatedly that I was not a big fan of the stimilus program because of the way it was structured. I wanted direct hiring by the government, similar to the WPA, CCC, CETA programs, where at the end of the FIRST week those who were hired had a paycheck to spend, and had done some beneficial work for it. I thought that was the best way to stimulate economic activity, and put people back to work. I thought that quick infusion of cash would do more to jump start growth AND stop the further slide of wages caused by a glut of unemployed highly qualified individuals who were (and still are) hunting for jobs. The Obama Administration doesn't ask for my advice ! If they did I would give them an ear full.
This is a good place to point out that I am just as outraged as you...or any conservative Republican I know, when it comes to silly wasteful spending initiatives such as the one you mentioned, even in times when there is robust economic growth and increasing tax revenue. At those times, "government" should be paying down debt and saving for the rainy day that is sure to come.
I think when you scratch the surface....you and I are not really that far apart on policy or politics, and I for one am quite happy that you have joined the conversation on this thread.
Thanks OT. Even though we don't agree on a lot of things, I too enjoy discussing it civilly. We are both Americans we both share tons of commonality than differences on that fact alone. But on a more personal basis, I enjoy having discussions with people who have a different viewpoint when we can do it like adults. I thank you for that. Hope you are doing well!

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#75679 Apr 8, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
PPTP wrote:
"...who was the commanden n chief who was offered ben laden on a silver platter and chose not to have him taken..."
That would be George W. Bush!
Wrong again. That would be William Jefferson Clinton.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#75680 Apr 8, 2013
Well, I just have to jump in here, also.
Pete and I did not start off on the best of terms. But, I too, have grown to respect his views and opinions, even though they are polar opposites of mine. The main reason is, that I have grown to respect Pete as a Person, who deserves to be respected.
If there's One Republican on this Forum who has earned my respect, surely they are, or will be, more.
I would be honored to call Pete a Republican Friend of mine.
I've had several in Real Life, but he's the first one that I can remember on Topix.

Location hidden

#75681 Apr 8, 2013
"Intelligence Director Says Budget Cuts Could Be 'Insidious' For National Security."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federa...
rain

Dunlap, TN

#75682 Apr 8, 2013
SSS what did you do in real life ocp

Location hidden

#75683 Apr 8, 2013
rain wrote:
SSS what did you do in real life ocp
Pretty much whatever I want to...NOW. I think it's time because I've earned it.

Location hidden

#75684 Apr 8, 2013
"The Corporate Betrayal Of America."

Click here:
http://www.nationofchange.org/corporate-betra...

Location hidden

#75685 Apr 8, 2013
"Evaluate the People in your Life; then Promote, Demote, or Terminate. You're the CEO of your Life!"

~~ Author Unknown ~~
rain

Dunlap, TN

#75687 Apr 8, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much whatever I want to...NOW. I think it's time because I've earned it.
would of liked a straight answer but
rain

Dunlap, TN

#75688 Apr 8, 2013
M G do i need to get the sack of flower
rain

Dunlap, TN

#75689 Apr 8, 2013
Missy gurl knows wrote:
Go to bed fatass, nobody wants to read your bullshyt!!!
glad you admit you are a nobody

Location hidden

#75690 Apr 8, 2013
If anybody really has any knowledge or training about anything to do with "Space", what is your educated opinion of this?
I don't...so I don't know whether to like this idea or not, but I don't THINK that I do.
----------
"Obama Administration: Don't Worry, We'll Only Drag Small Asteroids Toward Earth."

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/04/white...

Location hidden

#75691 Apr 8, 2013
rain wrote:
<quoted text>would of liked a straight answer but
Well, ask me straight out, since I don't know EXACTLY what you want to know. I'm Retired, and I do mean Retired from working most of my Adult Life. So, if you didn't know that...which I thought everybody on here already did...maybe that answers your question. If not, then just ask me what you specifically what you want to know.:)
rain

Dunlap, TN

#75692 Apr 8, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ask me straight out, since I don't know EXACTLY what you want to know. I'm Retired, and I do mean Retired from working most of my Adult Life. So, if you didn't know that...which I thought everybody on here already did...maybe that answers your question. If not, then just ask me what you specifically what you want to know.:)
i just resently got on here i like your coments i would like to know what cind of did you do
rain

Dunlap, TN

#75693 Apr 8, 2013
kind of work

Location hidden

#75696 Apr 8, 2013
rain wrote:
<quoted text> i just resently got on here i like your coments i would like to know what cind of did you do
I've done just about every kind of work you can imagine, except waitressing...I take that back , I did that part-time for a short while when I was still in High School.
I was always looking for something better, with more money and better benefits and I'm a fast-learner so I was never afraid to try anything....and I wasn't afraid of change, either...which surprisingly, so many People are.
I've been a the lowest Worker position, to a Boss, to a small Business Owner, to a Hostess, to a Police Dispatcher, to a Bookkeeper, and many more positions, Working 2 and 3 jobs, at a time sometimes...and all of them different kinds of work, while raising two Kids, alone, from the ages of 8 and 10.
Don't let anybody tell you that you can't do something, dive in and find out for yourself. You may fail, but there's no shame in that and you will learn something from each experience that may help you in another experience....and you will learn many different ways and a lot about the working world, which will help you in your next "Big Adventure"! Lol!
Now, I hope I answered your question sufficiently.:)
Oh, if age and wear and tear hadn't been slipping up on me, I wanted to try being a Flag Girl on an Interstate Road Construction Crew. Don't ask me why, I just did. But, that hot sun made me keep putting it off. I heard that it paid pretty good and it's about the only thing that I thought about doing that I never tried.
I know that it wouldn't have been a walk in the Park because of the working conditions, but I'll bet it would have been either one of the most boring jobs ever or a lot of fun, too. Lol!
Had I gotten bored, I would have made it fun, someway. I might have been like one of those Dancing Traffic Cops! LMAO! And then...they would have fired me! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tracey Michelle Cutshall Berryhill Holt 13 min Joy 6
Jost International??? 42 min alrighty then 5
sports reporter 53 min sports dad 6
Prayers for Mike Pence 1 hr marthe stewart 3
More POOR DRIVING! 1 hr Ralph 7
where have all the good women gone 1 hr funtimes 35
Vermin Supreme 2016 1 hr z0neCrew 1
Ted Cruz for president 1 hr Severance Phantom 59
***** last post wins ***** 3 hr Trunketeer 1,623
cowboys auto repair 3 hr nobody 25