Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,400)

Showing posts 67,981 - 68,000 of140,527
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BOO HOO

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Then He must know you well!
Why don't you SHUT UP DUMBASS
Hillbillyboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Mixing Politics and Religion is destroying this Country. The Founding Fathers knew that form what was happening to England and from which, it has never fully recovered. That's precisely why they put the "separation of Church and State" in the Constitution.
For ANYBODY to try and subvert that, in any way, is a Christian Radical...or any other Religion for that matter...and as dangerous and traitorous as any member of Al Qaeda! It just so happens that the Christian Radicals are the only Ones trying to do it, to my knowledge. It's why so many People in this County in this Country are leaving Christianity and Organized Religion , altogether...and they are leaving in droves!
Uh, no. its people like you mixing sin with politics that are destroying the country.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no. its people like you mixing sin with politics that are destroying the country.
This proves the point that I was trying to make about the Christian Radicals and the danger they pose to this Nation, and all of it's People, even the Christians who aren't Radicals!
BEWARE of People like this, their "Religion" has warped their Minds and they think they are GOD, himself, and have an "obligation" to PUNISH you for what they perceive, rightly or wrongly, as your "SINS"!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

"News Flash: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead At 89, How Will She Be Remembered?"

Click here:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/04/08/news-...
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
PPTP wrote:
"...who was the commanden n chief who was offered ben laden on a silver platter and chose not to have him taken..."
That would be George W. Bush!
Uh Sassy, George Bush did do some silly things during his tenure, but letting Bin Laden get away was not one of them. That was Bill Clinton, and he did it twice.

http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior_K...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Margaret Thatcher was not well-liked by the British People during her time in Power.

I worked with a British Lady during that time, who had married an American and came to this Country. I was a praising PM Thatcher one day at work , when we were discussing Politics.
She let me know really quickly that the American People thought a lot more of PM Thatcher than any of the British People did, and that she would definitely be voted out at the next election. She was right!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

What's destroying this country is the bunch of crooks in DC who you would rather argue over which of them criminals are the best, and if only they could really run show everything would be fine.
And so they enjoy the looking half a$$ good to half of the pop while they serve themselves and their masters and laugh all the way to the bank.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

The FBI said they had no proof Bin Laden ws involved in 9/11.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh Sassy, George Bush did do some silly things during his tenure, but letting Bin Laden get away was not one of them. That was Bill Clinton, and he did it twice.
http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior_K...
No Pete, that's not correct. The CIA had Bin Laden Trapped in the Mountains of Bora Bora...they just didn't have enough Men to go in and get him without risking alotof unnecessary Casualities. They radioed for some American Tropps to come in and help them go in and get him and George W. Bush refused to send them. White House Orders to the Commanders on the ground!
The CIA Man in charge wrote a Book about it, after he left the CIA, which was just as soon as possible after that happened. He made the Rounds of all the Political Talk Shows being interviewed about it, and he was still very angry...but I doubt if Fox had him on any of their Programs.
Of you would like, I can google and find his Name, which I have forgotten now, and the Name of his Book, which made the New York Times Best Seller List, for quite a long time, so you can read it yourself.
Clinton would not authorize his killing because he was ina large Group of People all around him, a wedding I think, and lots of Women and Children Civilians were sure to be killed...George W. Bush would not send the needed small number of Troops to help the CIA get him and his Men, because ALL of the Nearby Troops were preparing to deploy to invade Iraq...or that was the excuse that the CIA Commander was given!
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>OT, another thing about this chained CPI that Our President Obama has on the table, he is not running again, and next year when all those Congress Men/Women run for re-election, the Seniors know all about COLA and Social Security and how they voted.
Stay tuned......"it's not over until the fat lady sings".
Well I guess the night crew will soon be arriving!
Chill out a minute Dunlapian and quit being such a pessimist. Maybe you need to have a brandy. You totally discount the equal probability that the congressmen who voted for this might just have helped SS in the long run. If this is indeed the case, these same people will have the voters support. You don't know what the outcome will eventually be. You always just assume anyone tampering with an entitlement is trying to stick it to the poor, elderly or needy. It might just be these same politicians are trying to salvage these entitlements for the good of the nation for many years to come. There are some politicians who think about the country versus getting re-elected. There are some who don't, I realize that. But your willingness to always assume the rich are sticking it to the poor every time someone talks about an entitlement change shows you are more concerned about your ideology rather than what benefits the country as a whole. Sometimes, change is good. I guess we will see what changes are good and what aren't regarding SS.

Go plant a rose in your backyard. Maybe it will help inspire more positive thoughts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

And there were no Women and Children in danger of being killed at Bora Bora...only Bin Laden and his Men and, I think a few Members of the Taliban...but I could be wrong about the Taliban, it's been awhile.

The CIA Operatives had tracked Bin Laden and his Men into the Mountains and had them trapped with no way out, but did not have enough Men to go in and get Bin Laden, without endangering themselves needlessly, with so few Men.
Bush specifically ordered Back-up NOT be diverted to get Bin Laden, when the Troop Commander asked permission.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
No Pete, that's not correct. The CIA had Bin Laden Trapped in the Mountains of Bora Bora...they just didn't have enough Men to go in and get him without risking alotof unnecessary Casualities. They radioed for some American Tropps to come in and help them go in and get him and George W. Bush refused to send them. White House Orders to the Commanders on the ground!
The CIA Man in charge wrote a Book about it, after he left the CIA, which was just as soon as possible after that happened. He made the Rounds of all the Political Talk Shows being interviewed about it, and he was still very angry...but I doubt if Fox had him on any of their Programs.
Of you would like, I can google and find his Name, which I have forgotten now, and the Name of his Book, which made the New York Times Best Seller List, for quite a long time, so you can read it yourself.
Clinton would not authorize his killing because he was ina large Group of People all around him, a wedding I think, and lots of Women and Children Civilians were sure to be killed...George W. Bush would not send the needed small number of Troops to help the CIA get him and his Men, because ALL of the Nearby Troops were preparing to deploy to invade Iraq...or that was the excuse that the CIA Commander was given!
Hi Sassy. You are absolutely correct regarding Bora Bora. I don't know if I would blame this on Bush rather than the military, but I stand corrected regarding this. I read the book on this incident which described it in detail and the military made some serious blunders, but Bush was Commander in Chief and bears the responsibility.

Regarding Clinton, the Sudanese captured Bin Laden and wanted to extradite him to Saudi Arabia for a trial. Saudi Arabia did not want him back in the country and refused to allow him back in. Sudan offered to give the U.S. all the intelligence they gathered from Bin Laden and offered to extradite him to the U.S., if Clinton were to ask them to do this in person. At that time, Clinton did not want to engage any Muslim countries and ignored the offerings from Sudan. Hence, Bin Laden went to Afghanistan. There is tons of testimony, articles, news stories and memoirs detailing all of this. I have read some of them. I do realize that at that time, Bin Laden and terrorism wasn't exactly priority #1 in the U.S. But that came back to haunt us.

I bet you never thought you would here this, but I agree with your assessment though and again, Bush did let the mouse out of the trap once. I was incorrect.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Correction, Pete, it was Tora Bora, in the Mountains of Afghanistan, NOT Bora Bora.

Click here:
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CPRT-111SPRT5370...
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
Correction, Pete, it was Tora Bora, in the Mountains of Afghanistan, NOT Bora Bora.
Click here:
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CPRT-111SPRT5370...
I knew what you meant Sassy, no worries.
tea party tea party

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
PPTP wrote:
"...who was the commanden n chief who was offered ben laden on a silver platter and chose not to have him taken..."
you are a liar a fool a wrinkled up bisexual bitch did i mention a liar and a fool....look stuff up before you shoot off your nicotine pucked moth fool.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
And there were no Women and Children in danger of being killed at Bora Bora...only Bin Laden and his Men and, I think a few Members of the Taliban...but I could be wrong about the Taliban, it's been awhile.
The CIA Operatives had tracked Bin Laden and his Men into the Mountains and had them trapped with no way out, but did not have enough Men to go in and get Bin Laden, without endangering themselves needlessly, with so few Men.
Bush specifically ordered Back-up NOT be diverted to get Bin Laden, when the Troop Commander asked permission.
Sure thing.And I'll bet Bin Laden and his men were carrying those WMDs in their pockets and that's why no one could find them suckers.
tea party tea party

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Margaret Thatcher was not well-liked by the British People during her time in Power.
I worked with a British Lady during that time, who had married an American and came to this Country. I was a praising PM Thatcher one day at work , when we were discussing Politics.
She let me know really quickly that the American People thought a lot more of PM Thatcher than any of the British People did, and that she would definitely be voted out at the next election. She was right!
you bisexual bitch are not likedd at all by benton county people.. deal with it...light up fool.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Hi "Pete" ! I absolutely agree with you that economic growth will increase tax revenues and further, I believe that no amount of cuts OR TAX INCREASES will balance the budget without that growth. You can go back through this thread and you will find I posted repeatedly that I was not a big fan of the stimilus program because of the way it was structured. I wanted direct hiring by the government, similar to the WPA, CCC, CETA programs, where at the end of the FIRST week those who were hired had a paycheck to spend, and had done some beneficial work for it. I thought that was the best way to stimulate economic activity, and put people back to work. I thought that quick infusion of cash would do more to jump start growth AND stop the further slide of wages caused by a glut of unemployed highly qualified individuals who were (and still are) hunting for jobs. The Obama Administration doesn't ask for my advice ! If they did I would give them an ear full.
This is a good place to point out that I am just as outraged as you...or any conservative Republican I know, when it comes to silly wasteful spending initiatives such as the one you mentioned, even in times when there is robust economic growth and increasing tax revenue. At those times, "government" should be paying down debt and saving for the rainy day that is sure to come.
I think when you scratch the surface....you and I are not really that far apart on policy or politics, and I for one am quite happy that you have joined the conversation on this thread.
Thanks OT. Even though we don't agree on a lot of things, I too enjoy discussing it civilly. We are both Americans we both share tons of commonality than differences on that fact alone. But on a more personal basis, I enjoy having discussions with people who have a different viewpoint when we can do it like adults. I thank you for that. Hope you are doing well!

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
PPTP wrote:
Wrong again. That would be William Jefferson Clinton.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Well, I just have to jump in here, also.
Pete and I did not start off on the best of terms. But, I too, have grown to respect his views and opinions, even though they are polar opposites of mine. The main reason is, that I have grown to respect Pete as a Person, who deserves to be respected.
If there's One Republican on this Forum who has earned my respect, surely they are, or will be, more.
I would be honored to call Pete a Republican Friend of mine.
I've had several in Real Life, but he's the first one that I can remember on Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,981 - 68,000 of140,527
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

129 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stabbing in Greystone last night (Nov '11) 8 min iknowthetruth 82
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 13 min waiting on a factory girl 108
TBI investigating allegations Cocke County high... 21 min Country Girl 2
Sheriff Department Budget 37 min Miller 8
My favorite Greeneville Topix poster lately is 50 min cretin56 9
Eddie Overholt, Elderly Veteran, Arrested For A... 51 min Paul J Pearce 11
obammy has never had a job 53 min cretin56 28
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 1 hr Concrete Time For All 144
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••