Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

"Obama Seeks To Hike Veterans' Funding Despite Budget Pressure."

Click here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/06/us-...

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Notice that out of the 5 Senators mentioned that have offered to do anything, only 2 are Teapublicans...and the Sequester was the Teapublicans bright idea!
I just now found this. I'll betcha Fox Fake News didn't mention it, either!
----------
"Few Senators Sacrifice Pay Amid Cuts."
Click here:
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/291561-few...
I guess you are calling Jay Carney a liar now too? Carney admitted in a press conference that the sequester idea came from the White House. Quit trying to lie for the "party".
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
OT, I am going to disagree with you on this. Most conservatives want spending cuts because the Federal Debt is spiraling out of control. And many conservatives will agree to increased tax revenue if coupled with realistic spending cuts. All we are doing now is increasing taxes and ignoring the spending problem. The ultimate result of this is high unemployment, a stagnate economy and a massive deficit and debt load. Sort of what we have now. If what we have been doing for the past several years isn't working, then one would think to try something else. Conservatives are all for investing in the rebuilding of our economy. But it can't be rebuilt by continuing the same things that haven't worked. I will counter by stating that blaming Bush isn't going to resolve this crisis one bit. I haven't ever heard you say this, but many Liberals do. If everyone would focus on the actual problem and come up with realistic solutions other than simply promoting an ideology, we could all resolve this crisis. Our politicians are doing the exact same thing Topix posters are doing, name calling. In the meantime, the problem persists.
Well "Pete", I understand what you are saying...but that doesn't explain what happened at the meeting I attended which was the subject of my post. The men I discussed the Obama Social Security proposal with were businessmen, friends of mine, and for the most part Republicans. A lot of them are like myself...nearing retirement age and those who aren't have parents who are living on Social Security and their savings (and with interest rates at historic lows, those savings will not last long) and not a one thought cuts in benefits through chained CPI was a good option for S.S. In fact they talked more like a group of Democrats than conservative Republicans.
This is not the first time I have noticed a pattern, since I know most of these men well. If the discussion gets around to cutting food stamps....guess which ones of these folks will argue AGAINST that ? Those who own grocery and convienience stores, because those are a big part of their sales in a poor county like this. If the discussion turns to cutting the HUD rent subsidy for poor folks, guess which of these folks will argue against those ? The ones that own rental houses and apartments which are signed up on the program. Discuss cutting the FmHa housing initiatives through the USDA and the home builders will howl that it would put them out of business.....I guess it is human nature "Pete", but mention raising taxes to pay for the programs that these men do not want cut...and that darn government is too big, needs to be cut to the bone, just as long as those cuts affect someone else !
I am sure you watched Republicans in congress fight tooth and nail, trying to hold the low tax rate for high earners, but when the time came for the Payroll Tax Cut to expire....they let it die with hardly a word, and Grover Norquist didn't threaten anyone with retribution.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
I've noticed that Anti-Government Views and Drug Use and Dealing seem to go hand-in-hand more often than not.
----------
"Florida Police Believe Missing Brothers Were Taken By 'Anti-Government' Parents."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/06/florida...
What a friggin joke.You haven't heard the CIA are drug runners and the Big Bankaroos lander the drug money while our soldiers guard the poppy fields in Afghanistan while the prisons for profit make a killing on the fools who snort and Microsoft gets cheap prison labor.
OH PLEASE.
WAKE UP FOOL.
Anti-Government??????????
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
OT has more intelligence , knowledge, common sense, and experience in his little finger than you have on your entire brain.
I've known him...on Topix...for a very long time and I was impressed with him from the very beginning , and told him so, more than once.
BTW, he used to be a Republican. As he says, he didn't leave the Republican Party...the Republican Party left him, when it went too far to the, "Radical Far-Right".
I respect his Opinions tremendously and his way of expressing them, even though we have disagreed on a few (very few) issues. He is the only Person on this Forum that I defer to on every Issue that we may differ on, because I'm smart enough to recognize a Person with Superior Wisdom, when I run across One, which doesn't happen often, but it does happen...and it happened on this Forum when I read OT's first Post, a long time ago.
I only wish this Country had a few Million more just like him!
Good morning my friend, and thank you.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
What a friggin joke.You haven't heard the CIA are drug runners and the Big Bankaroos lander the drug money while our soldiers guard the poppy fields in Afghanistan while the prisons for profit make a killing on the fools who snort and Microsoft gets cheap prison labor.
OH PLEASE.
WAKE UP FOOL.
Anti-Government??????????
Oh Wait I forgot the Fast and Furious,How'd I do that??????????
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well "Pete", I understand what you are saying...but that doesn't explain what happened at the meeting I attended which was the subject of my post. The men I discussed the Obama Social Security proposal with were businessmen, friends of mine, and for the most part Republicans. A lot of them are like myself...nearing retirement age and those who aren't have parents who are living on Social Security and their savings (and with interest rates at historic lows, those savings will not last long) and not a one thought cuts in benefits through chained CPI was a good option for S.S. In fact they talked more like a group of Democrats than conservative Republicans.
This is not the first time I have noticed a pattern, since I know most of these men well. If the discussion gets around to cutting food stamps....guess which ones of these folks will argue AGAINST that ? Those who own grocery and convienience stores, because those are a big part of their sales in a poor county like this. If the discussion turns to cutting the HUD rent subsidy for poor folks, guess which of these folks will argue against those ? The ones that own rental houses and apartments which are signed up on the program. Discuss cutting the FmHa housing initiatives through the USDA and the home builders will howl that it would put them out of business.....I guess it is human nature "Pete", but mention raising taxes to pay for the programs that these men do not want cut...and that darn government is too big, needs to be cut to the bone, just as long as those cuts affect someone else !
I am sure you watched Republicans in congress fight tooth and nail, trying to hold the low tax rate for high earners, but when the time came for the Payroll Tax Cut to expire....they let it die with hardly a word, and Grover Norquist didn't threaten anyone with retribution.
Good Morning OT.
These are all very good points that you have brought up.
I might add that the big government that I see right now "S.S." is really running like a well oiled machine.
AARP is firmly against a chained CPI, and I believe our President Obama has it on the table.......but I believe it's only a bargaining chip, that he will not have to use, because it will cost the Republicans far too much, and he knows it.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
And yet, almost all, if not all, insurances cover Erectile Dysfunction Meds and Apparatuses...SMH... and the Catholic Church doesn't say a word about that!
----------
"White House Fights Catholic Church Subpoena On Birth Control."
Click here:
Sassy, I might add that any hospitals(and Doctors) that are under control of the Catholic Church, will not allow a vasectomy on anyone that has C.P.,mentally retarded, or other issues that they themself can't take care of their ownself, without a caretaker. To me this is just crazy!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

And a top of the morning to all MY friends on topix.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning OT.
These are all very good points that you have brought up.
I might add that the big government that I see right now "S.S." is really running like a well oiled machine.
AARP is firmly against a chained CPI, and I believe our President Obama has it on the table.......but I believe it's only a bargaining chip, that he will not have to use, because it will cost the Republicans far too much, and he knows it.
Good morning my friend ! From what I know about Social Security, it is pretty well run....in that the checks my parents and grandparents got were always there on time and were never refused when presented at the bank ! That (and paying in) are my only experience so far....I have had extensive experience with the Federal Tobacco Program which was ended under George W. Bush, and it was an extremely well run government program. I know it is not politically correct to stand up for tobacco or tobacco farmers in this day and time, but tobacco helped to pay my bills for a large part of my life thanks to that Federal program, and it ran for many years with NO NET COST to the taxpayers. Big tobacco got it killed and ended a way of life for small farmers in East Tennessee, thanks to Bush and co. and a Republican congress, and I for one will NEVER FORGIVE THEM.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
Well top of the morning to you, Hey.
Now just withing the last 5-10 mins. my computer as attacked(firewall stopped it) while I was on topix, by "popka123.no-ip.biz" (95.141.28.79). I could not locate it, as it was, "N/A anonymous proxy".
Just not sure if it's worth my time on topix?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

"Dunlapian", I posted before I got to my main point...(old age, CRS... or maybe not enough coffee !)
I don't want Obama to use the money needed by (and owed to) retirees as a bargaining chip. That money is not an abstract thing for those who depend on it to live, and if this government intends to keep it's promises to Communist China to pay them for their Treasuries, if this government intends to honor our agreements to protect South Korea and Japan, if this country intends to honor it's agreement to stand with Isreal and protect her interests, I expect this government to honor it's promise to pay it's own citizens the money they earned and deserve when they become too old and infirm to go to work anymore. In my opinion, that is the least Americans should expect from the government of the richest country the world has ever known. Obama needs to start acting like a Democrat...there are enough Republicans in Washington already.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
Good spring morning to you "Hey".
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Another cloudy day in Middle Tn.Lots of cloudy days so I thought I'd really pay attention to the weather and check it out.
So from 3/18 we have had 1 whole clear day.Now,there were 6 days that started out clear and then the cloud makers came and did their whiteout so by around 11:00 AM we were under their geo-engineered skies.
It was clear this morning but at 6:00Am the sky was full of streaks.
You don't believe this is going on watch with your own eyes.Two more dead trees for my property that makes 5 dead and 7 on their way out.
"Venus Syndrome:The life ending effects of geo-engineering."
http://www.prisonplanet.com/venus-syndrome-th...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
"Dunlapian", I posted before I got to my main point...(old age, CRS... or maybe not enough coffee !)
I don't want Obama to use the money needed by (and owed to) retirees as a bargaining chip. That money is not an abstract thing for those who depend on it to live, and if this government intends to keep it's promises to Communist China to pay them for their Treasuries, if this government intends to honor our agreements to protect South Korea and Japan, if this country intends to honor it's agreement to stand with Isreal and protect her interests, I expect this government to honor it's promise to pay it's own citizens the money they earned and deserve when they become too old and infirm to go to work anymore. In my opinion, that is the least Americans should expect from the government of the richest country the world has ever known. Obama needs to start acting like a Democrat...there are enough Republicans in Washington already.
OT, I'll respond(hope I don't get attacked again).
When I was in a large Union, to get what we wanted they would always aim high, this is what I hope President Obama is doing with this "Chained CPI" issue.
Now if he does fold and allows the Chained CPI to go through, it will end up being his very own "Waterloo".
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
And yet, almost all, if not all, insurances cover Erectile Dysfunction Meds and Apparatuses...SMH... and the Catholic Church doesn't say a word about that!
----------
"White House Fights Catholic Church Subpoena On Birth Control."
Click here:
It doesn't violate any of their beliefs. Why would they have anything to say about it?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning my friend ! From what I know about Social Security, it is pretty well run....in that the checks my parents and grandparents got were always there on time and were never refused when presented at the bank ! That (and paying in) are my only experience so far....I have had extensive experience with the Federal Tobacco Program which was ended under George W. Bush, and it was an extremely well run government program. I know it is not politically correct to stand up for tobacco or tobacco farmers in this day and time, but tobacco helped to pay my bills for a large part of my life thanks to that Federal program, and it ran for many years with NO NET COST to the taxpayers. Big tobacco got it killed and ended a way of life for small farmers in East Tennessee, thanks to Bush and co. and a Republican congress, and I for one will NEVER FORGIVE THEM.
Good Morning, OT. I just read an Article a couple of days ago that something in Obama's Budget (I don't remember what), is going to be paid for by raising the Federal Tax on cigarettes, yet again.
Obama is a reformed Smoker, you know. I mentioned to a Friend of mine, who also smokes, that there's no one more fanatical than a Born-Again Christian and a Reformed smoker. Lol!
Smoking is my only vice and I may have to give it up, if this Budget passes because I may not be able to afford it, since I'm sure the State will take on even more taxes, since they always do. And I'm sure that this could be the final blow to what few Tobacco Farmers that are left in this Country, unless they are shipping their tobacco to foreign Countries, where cigarettes are still very popular in many of them, pesticides and all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well top of the morning to you, Hey.
Now just withing the last 5-10 mins. my computer as attacked(firewall stopped it) while I was on topix, by "popka123.no-ip.biz" (95.141.28.79). I could not locate it, as it was, "N/A anonymous proxy".
Just not sure if it's worth my time on topix?
Good Morning, Dunlapian. I do think that there are some who are deliberately trying to infect other Topix Posters that they don't like what they say. It's a sorry thing to do and only the Lowest of the Low would do it, but I doubt that would bother those type of People, at all.
Do you use the Microsoft Firewall or another one from your Individual Security Protection?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
I could not agree more, OT. Even though it may not affect me, it WILL affect my Kids! I agree that I think it is a bluff and a gamble on Obama's Part, but he's gambling with the Lives of the American People, current and future and that I don't like. If by some chance, this should backfire in Obama's face and the TEApublicans agree to it and if Obama signs it into Law...then, I'm done with him forever! And I'm sure I won't be alone.
We Dems just won't have anybody to vote for, if this happens. But, rest assured that many of us are watching closely who votes on this Budget Deal, should it get that far...and HOW they vote in Congress!
QuestionAble

North Augusta, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, OT. I just read an Article a couple of days ago that something in Obama's Budget (I don't remember what), is going to be paid for by raising the Federal Tax on cigarettes, yet again.
Obama is a reformed Smoker, you know. I mentioned to a Friend of mine, who also smokes, that there's no one more fanatical than a Born-Again Christian and a Reformed smoker. Lol!
Smoking is my only vice and I may have to give it up, if this Budget passes because I may not be able to afford it, since I'm sure the State will take on even more taxes, since they always do. And I'm sure that this could be the final blow to what few Tobacco Farmers that are left in this Country, unless they are shipping their tobacco to foreign Countries, where cigarettes are still very popular in many of them, pesticides and all.
Grow your own tobacco and you can smoke as much as you like.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

119 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Thomas Johnson 16 min Candi 13
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 16 min CSU63 24
Lost respect for GPD 31 min Worried Mom 73
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 36 min Sweet tea 125
Eddie Overholt, Elderly Veteran, Arrested For A... 43 min Hmmm 26
Federal grand jury to hear case against Newport... 54 min Main Man 1
HASLAM EBT card in ever low wage pot 55 min marthe stewart 18
Greeneville: 4 main reasons that people refuse ... 2 hr Mel 59
good ole boys- lets name them 3 hr bud 5