Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#75454 Apr 6, 2013
"Lindsey Graham's Claim That No Fugitives Have Been Prosecuted After Gun Background Checks."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...

Location hidden

#75455 Apr 6, 2013
"Labor Targets Obama Over Proposed Benefits Cuts."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/04/la...
stewart smalley

Livingston, TN

#75456 Apr 6, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
They've already cut back on the number of People doing the checking and long lines are fast becoming the "Norm".
Welcome to the "World of Austerity"...you wanted it, you're getting it, now you live with it!
\
You really are a stupid little girl arent you.Who is letting people get on jets these days with pocket knives and other small blades well it aint me honey.Its the FAA which I might add has the blessing of the POTUS.Now you live with it.

Location hidden

#75457 Apr 6, 2013
Knoxville and County, here's your elected Republican State Sen., embarrassing you again!
----------
"TN. Republican Says Giving A fish A Day To The Poor Is Not Working."

Click here:
http://www.politicususa.com/tennessee-republi...

Location hidden

#75458 Apr 6, 2013
stewart smalley wrote:
<quoted text>\
You really are a stupid little girl arent you.Who is letting people get on jets these days with pocket knives and other small blades well it aint me honey.Its the FAA which I might add has the blessing of the POTUS.Now you live with it.
You're comparing apples and oranges, but since you brought it up, I opposed that when it was proposed and said so in a Post on this Forum.
So, take you slurs and outrage somewhere else and direct it at somebody else, I don't want to hear it!

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#75459 Apr 6, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Tennessee Bill: Your Kid Makes Bad Grades, You Lose Welfare Benefits."
Click here:
http://progressivepopulist.org/2013/04/05/ten...
Sounds like a great idea to me.

Location hidden

#75460 Apr 6, 2013
"Obama Budget Offer May Finally Successfully Fool 'Grand Bargain' Fetishists."

Click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/05/obam...

Location hidden

#75461 Apr 6, 2013
And yet, almost all, if not all, insurances cover Erectile Dysfunction Meds and Apparatuses...SMH... and the Catholic Church doesn't say a word about that!
----------
"White House Fights Catholic Church Subpoena On Birth Control."

Click here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/06/us-...
stewart smalley

Livingston, TN

#75462 Apr 6, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
You're comparing apples and oranges, but since you brought it up, I opposed that when it was proposed and said so in a Post on this Forum.
So, take you slurs and outrage somewhere else and direct it at somebody else, I don't want to hear it!
Never said anything about apples and oranges you did right honey?
If you cant take the heat stay out of my kitchen.I`ll say whatever I want.The fact is and remains the FAA is under goverment control and the POTUS is the head of the goverment right?

Location hidden

#75463 Apr 6, 2013
Notice that out of the 5 Senators mentioned that have offered to do anything, only 2 are Teapublicans...and the Sequester was the Teapublicans bright idea!
I just now found this. I'll betcha Fox Fake News didn't mention it, either!
----------
"Few Senators Sacrifice Pay Amid Cuts."

Click here:
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/291561-few...

Location hidden

#75464 Apr 6, 2013
stewart smalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said anything about apples and oranges you did right honey?
If you cant take the heat stay out of my kitchen.I`ll say whatever I want.The fact is and remains the FAA is under goverment control and the POTUS is the head of the goverment right?
I didn't tell you that you couldn't say anything you please. I just told you don't direct it at me because I don't want to hear it!
For your information, all the Federal Agencies were directed to make cuts because of the Bright Idea of the TEApublican Sequester, and that included the FAA.
As far as the "knife" thing goes, if I remember correctly Homeland Security was against it...or maybe it was the Justice Dept., I don't remember because this is old News. But, one of Obama's Agency Heads said it was a bad idea, and spoke out against it. but, it's the FAA Head who makes those decisions and Obama has got his hands full, just trying to save the Country from Economic Collapse, again, thanks to the TEApublicans' stupidity and their "Austerity" Plan and their "Sequester" brainchild!
I agree with you that it's a "Disaster" waiting to happen, and you're laying the groundwork right now , to blame Obama when it does, but I think those days are just about over as far as the American Voter is concerned...IF Obama doesn't cave on Social security and Medicare. If he does, you may see Bernie Sanders running for President next time ...and WINNING!
Whatcha gonna do then, Big Boy?

Location hidden

#75465 Apr 6, 2013
"Obama Seeks To Hike Veterans' Funding Despite Budget Pressure."

Click here:

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#75466 Apr 7, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Notice that out of the 5 Senators mentioned that have offered to do anything, only 2 are Teapublicans...and the Sequester was the Teapublicans bright idea!
I just now found this. I'll betcha Fox Fake News didn't mention it, either!
----------
"Few Senators Sacrifice Pay Amid Cuts."
Click here:
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/291561-few...
I guess you are calling Jay Carney a liar now too? Carney admitted in a press conference that the sequester idea came from the White House. Quit trying to lie for the "party".
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#75468 Apr 7, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
OT, I am going to disagree with you on this. Most conservatives want spending cuts because the Federal Debt is spiraling out of control. And many conservatives will agree to increased tax revenue if coupled with realistic spending cuts. All we are doing now is increasing taxes and ignoring the spending problem. The ultimate result of this is high unemployment, a stagnate economy and a massive deficit and debt load. Sort of what we have now. If what we have been doing for the past several years isn't working, then one would think to try something else. Conservatives are all for investing in the rebuilding of our economy. But it can't be rebuilt by continuing the same things that haven't worked. I will counter by stating that blaming Bush isn't going to resolve this crisis one bit. I haven't ever heard you say this, but many Liberals do. If everyone would focus on the actual problem and come up with realistic solutions other than simply promoting an ideology, we could all resolve this crisis. Our politicians are doing the exact same thing Topix posters are doing, name calling. In the meantime, the problem persists.
Well "Pete", I understand what you are saying...but that doesn't explain what happened at the meeting I attended which was the subject of my post. The men I discussed the Obama Social Security proposal with were businessmen, friends of mine, and for the most part Republicans. A lot of them are like myself...nearing retirement age and those who aren't have parents who are living on Social Security and their savings (and with interest rates at historic lows, those savings will not last long) and not a one thought cuts in benefits through chained CPI was a good option for S.S. In fact they talked more like a group of Democrats than conservative Republicans.
This is not the first time I have noticed a pattern, since I know most of these men well. If the discussion gets around to cutting food stamps....guess which ones of these folks will argue AGAINST that ? Those who own grocery and convienience stores, because those are a big part of their sales in a poor county like this. If the discussion turns to cutting the HUD rent subsidy for poor folks, guess which of these folks will argue against those ? The ones that own rental houses and apartments which are signed up on the program. Discuss cutting the FmHa housing initiatives through the USDA and the home builders will howl that it would put them out of business.....I guess it is human nature "Pete", but mention raising taxes to pay for the programs that these men do not want cut...and that darn government is too big, needs to be cut to the bone, just as long as those cuts affect someone else !
I am sure you watched Republicans in congress fight tooth and nail, trying to hold the low tax rate for high earners, but when the time came for the Payroll Tax Cut to expire....they let it die with hardly a word, and Grover Norquist didn't threaten anyone with retribution.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#75469 Apr 7, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I've noticed that Anti-Government Views and Drug Use and Dealing seem to go hand-in-hand more often than not.
----------
"Florida Police Believe Missing Brothers Were Taken By 'Anti-Government' Parents."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/06/florida...
What a friggin joke.You haven't heard the CIA are drug runners and the Big Bankaroos lander the drug money while our soldiers guard the poppy fields in Afghanistan while the prisons for profit make a killing on the fools who snort and Microsoft gets cheap prison labor.
OH PLEASE.
WAKE UP FOOL.
Anti-Government??????????
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#75470 Apr 7, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
OT has more intelligence , knowledge, common sense, and experience in his little finger than you have on your entire brain.
I've known him...on Topix...for a very long time and I was impressed with him from the very beginning , and told him so, more than once.
BTW, he used to be a Republican. As he says, he didn't leave the Republican Party...the Republican Party left him, when it went too far to the, "Radical Far-Right".
I respect his Opinions tremendously and his way of expressing them, even though we have disagreed on a few (very few) issues. He is the only Person on this Forum that I defer to on every Issue that we may differ on, because I'm smart enough to recognize a Person with Superior Wisdom, when I run across One, which doesn't happen often, but it does happen...and it happened on this Forum when I read OT's first Post, a long time ago.
I only wish this Country had a few Million more just like him!
Good morning my friend, and thank you.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#75472 Apr 7, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
What a friggin joke.You haven't heard the CIA are drug runners and the Big Bankaroos lander the drug money while our soldiers guard the poppy fields in Afghanistan while the prisons for profit make a killing on the fools who snort and Microsoft gets cheap prison labor.
OH PLEASE.
WAKE UP FOOL.
Anti-Government??????????
Oh Wait I forgot the Fast and Furious,How'd I do that??????????
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#75473 Apr 7, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well "Pete", I understand what you are saying...but that doesn't explain what happened at the meeting I attended which was the subject of my post. The men I discussed the Obama Social Security proposal with were businessmen, friends of mine, and for the most part Republicans. A lot of them are like myself...nearing retirement age and those who aren't have parents who are living on Social Security and their savings (and with interest rates at historic lows, those savings will not last long) and not a one thought cuts in benefits through chained CPI was a good option for S.S. In fact they talked more like a group of Democrats than conservative Republicans.
This is not the first time I have noticed a pattern, since I know most of these men well. If the discussion gets around to cutting food stamps....guess which ones of these folks will argue AGAINST that ? Those who own grocery and convienience stores, because those are a big part of their sales in a poor county like this. If the discussion turns to cutting the HUD rent subsidy for poor folks, guess which of these folks will argue against those ? The ones that own rental houses and apartments which are signed up on the program. Discuss cutting the FmHa housing initiatives through the USDA and the home builders will howl that it would put them out of business.....I guess it is human nature "Pete", but mention raising taxes to pay for the programs that these men do not want cut...and that darn government is too big, needs to be cut to the bone, just as long as those cuts affect someone else !
I am sure you watched Republicans in congress fight tooth and nail, trying to hold the low tax rate for high earners, but when the time came for the Payroll Tax Cut to expire....they let it die with hardly a word, and Grover Norquist didn't threaten anyone with retribution.
Good Morning OT.
These are all very good points that you have brought up.
I might add that the big government that I see right now "S.S." is really running like a well oiled machine.
AARP is firmly against a chained CPI, and I believe our President Obama has it on the table.......but I believe it's only a bargaining chip, that he will not have to use, because it will cost the Republicans far too much, and he knows it.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#75474 Apr 7, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
And yet, almost all, if not all, insurances cover Erectile Dysfunction Meds and Apparatuses...SMH... and the Catholic Church doesn't say a word about that!
----------
"White House Fights Catholic Church Subpoena On Birth Control."
Click here:
Sassy, I might add that any hospitals(and Doctors) that are under control of the Catholic Church, will not allow a vasectomy on anyone that has C.P.,mentally retarded, or other issues that they themself can't take care of their ownself, without a caretaker. To me this is just crazy!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#75476 Apr 7, 2013
And a top of the morning to all MY friends on topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On the 1st day of Christmas 5 min From Jenny xoxo 13
Is Greene County inbred? 5 min southern jock 29
merry christmas 12 min Phil_is_Right 1
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 14 min Phil_is_Right 267
DRUGS,,off the street 17 min Hazel Ledbetter 2
info about eric jones 21 min Hazel Ledbetter 15
Merry Christmas To All... 36 min Dixie iron fist 11
Principal at Mosheim 47 min Britey spears 76
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 20 hr From Jenny xoxo 154
Greeneville Dating