Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#75226 Apr 5, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, it is irrelavant what someone 'says'- look at the facts - check them at the U.S. Treasury.
Read the Link, if you want to learn something and you're not afraid to! I put it right in front of you from the SSA Chief Actuary and you won't even read it. You'd rather believe garbage from a Conservative Propaganda Site. TYPICAL TEA PARTY MEMBER!
And the U.S. Treasury does NOT run the Social Security Administration!

Guild

#75227 Apr 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, I guess G.W. Bush and his Family shouldn't have taken that Expensive Trip to the 2008 Olympics in China, in August of that year, should they?
I think about that everytime you TEApublicans gripe and complain about Obama & Michelle, or the Kids taking a cheap trip, comparatively.
I'm not sure how you lept from the 2001 recession and tied that to the Olympics eight years later.

Location hidden

#75228 Apr 5, 2013
CORRECTION: The Above Link is from PolitiFact! This is from the SSA Chief Actuary!
----------
"Social Security Trust Fund FAQs: Office of the Chief Actuary."

Click here:
http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

Location hidden

#75229 Apr 5, 2013
"Sanders To Obama: Don't Touch Social Security."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/sanders-ob...

Guild

#75230 Apr 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Link, if you want to learn something and you're not afraid to! I put it right in front of you from the SSA Chief Actuary and you won't even read it. You'd rather believe garbage from a Conservative Propaganda Site. TYPICAL TEA PARTY MEMBER!
And the U.S. Treasury does NOT run the Social Security Administration!
Please do try and stay on topic - we were discussing the so-called Clinton surplus and that is why I mentioned the Treasury. Also, that is where I got the info - it doesn't seem to be a conservative proganda site.

Guild

#75231 Apr 5, 2013
This is absolutely bonkers!

Here's what happens when activist judges run amok. Physicians should be counseled prior to a young girl taking medicine such as this.

U.S. District Judge Edward Korman ordered the FDA to make the pill, commonly referred to as the abortion pill, available for all ages. The decision means that unless the FDA appeals and is granted a stay, by this time next month a teenager 16 or under could walk into a local pharmacy and buy the pill off the shelf.

The Food and Drug Administration had initially decided to allow the emergency pill to be available for young teens. But Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius overruled the FDA in late 2011, and the agency limited availability without a prescription to women 17 and older.

Location hidden

#75232 Apr 5, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do try and stay on topic - we were discussing the so-called Clinton surplus and that is why I mentioned the Treasury. Also, that is where I got the info - it doesn't seem to be a conservative proganda site.
I'm give up on you! "There are none so blind as those who REFUSE to see"...AND THAT'S YOU!

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#75234 Apr 5, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It never happened. There was never a surplus and the facts support that position. In fact, there was an increase of $281 billion in DEBT.
Verifying this is as simple as accessing the U.S. Treasury - check from 1993 - 2000.
As can clearly be seen, in no year did the national debt go down, nor did Clinton leave President Bush with a surplus that Bush subsequently turned into a deficit.
Yes, the deficit was almost eliminated in FY2000 (ending in September 2000 with a deficit of "only" $17.9 billion), but it never reached zero--let alone a positive surplus number.
Clinton's last budget proposal for FY2001, which ended in September 2001, generated a $133.29 billion deficit. The growing deficits started in the year of the last Clinton budget, not in the first year of the Bush administration.
But - continue to say what you have been programmed to say until you believe it and relegate critical thinking to some dusty corner of your closet.
www.washingtonpost.com/.../the-three-best-cha... ...

Quit lying and go to the Washington Post to read the three best charts on how Clinton's surpluses became Bush's and Obama's deficits.

Blow up your tv if Fox News is the only thing it picks up.

Guild

#75235 Apr 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm give up on you! "There are none so blind as those who REFUSE to see"...AND THAT'S YOU!
OK - it was my pleasure to assist in your crying 'uncle'.

Location hidden

#75236 Apr 5, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OK - it was my pleasure to assist in your crying 'uncle'.
I'm not crying "uncle"...I just know a hopeless "cause" when I run into one.
And actually, I haven't had any sleep and I don't have a lot of patience when I'm sleep deprived, or self-control. So, I kinda...keyword, "kinda", like you and I'm saving you from one of my "azz-chewin's". Consider yourself lucky, I wouldn't do that for just any TEApublican.:)
zombie

Kazakhstan

#75237 Apr 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not crying "uncle"...I just know a hopeless "cause" when I run into one.
And actually, I haven't had any sleep and I don't have a lot of patience when I'm sleep deprived, or self-control. So, I kinda...keyword, "kinda", like you and I'm saving you from one of my "azz-chewin's". Consider yourself lucky, I wouldn't do that for just any TEApublican.:)

Guild

#75238 Apr 5, 2013
elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
www.washingtonpost.com/.../the-three-best-cha... ...
Quit lying and go to the Washington Post to read the three best charts on how Clinton's surpluses became Bush's and Obama's deficits.
Blow up your tv if Fox News is the only thing it picks up.
Why would I go to the Washington Post when the information I posted was from the U.S. Treasury? Are the figures there lies?

Location hidden

#75239 Apr 5, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I go to the Washington Post when the information I posted was from the U.S. Treasury? Are the figures there lies?
Nuh, you are literally going to make me crawl through this computer screen and STRANGLE YOU!!!:)

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#75240 Apr 5, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
This is absolutely bonkers!
Here's what happens when activist judges run amok. Physicians should be counseled prior to a young girl taking medicine such as this.
U.S. District Judge Edward Korman ordered the FDA to make the pill, commonly referred to as the abortion pill, available for all ages. The decision means that unless the FDA appeals and is granted a stay, by this time next month a teenager 16 or under could walk into a local pharmacy and buy the pill off the shelf.
The Food and Drug Administration had initially decided to allow the emergency pill to be available for young teens. But Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius overruled the FDA in late 2011, and the agency limited availability without a prescription to women 17 and older.
About 20%--almost 1 in 5---of births to teenage mothers are not their FIRST babies. Those teenagers are evidently doing some things without their parents' permission. Let me amend that to parent's permission because too many of these sad, losing girls and boys are growing up* in a single parent home.

Ponder that, Mr. Outraged.

I used the * with "growing up" because there is something going wrong with the "growing up" process. We parents, extended family, communities, and churches are producing 14 to 18 year-olds who are REproducing before the physical body is mature, before schooling is finished, before training leads to even that FIRST job!

The little girls should not be alone in their responsibility. Little boys should be educated and threatened. They don't know what we smarter adults know and believe unless we tell them and tell them and tell them. But parents and family should most of all supervise! Who the heck ever said you should TRUST your child! Ever thought about the definition of "child"?

Guild

#75241 Apr 5, 2013
elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
About 20%--almost 1 in 5---of births to teenage mothers are not their FIRST babies. Those teenagers are evidently doing some things without their parents' permission. Let me amend that to parent's permission because too many of these sad, losing girls and boys are growing up* in a single parent home.
Ponder that, Mr. Outraged.
I used the * with "growing up" because there is something going wrong with the "growing up" process. We parents, extended family, communities, and churches are producing 14 to 18 year-olds who are REproducing before the physical body is mature, before schooling is finished, before training leads to even that FIRST job!
The little girls should not be alone in their responsibility. Little boys should be educated and threatened. They don't know what we smarter adults know and believe unless we tell them and tell them and tell them. But parents and family should most of all supervise! Who the heck ever said you should TRUST your child! Ever thought about the definition of "child"?
I'm not sure of your exact overall point particularly the 'Ponder that Mr. Outrage' part, although I do agree with you that parents should 'supervise' their children.

Setting aside my personal belief against abortion - my issue with this poor decision of the judge is medical. Young girls under 16 have no business being able to just go and get drugs such as this without doctor supervison. Bad things can easily happen.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#75242 Apr 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
"Steny Hoyer Says George W. Bush Inherited $5.6 Trillion Surplus From Bill Clinton."
Click here:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Conservatives invariably state the national deficit after Bush left office when comparing it to current levels, but they fail to mention the fact that Bush started digging that hole on top of a mountain.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#75243 Apr 5, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure of your exact overall point particularly the 'Ponder that Mr. Outrage' part, although I do agree with you that parents should 'supervise' their children.
Setting aside my personal belief against abortion - my issue with this poor decision of the judge is medical. Young girls under 16 have no business being able to just go and get drugs such as this without doctor supervison. Bad things can easily happen.
I can agree with "doctor supervision," but the issue of "parental supervision" gets tricky if Daddy's the one who knocked little Suzy up.
Ebert

Livingston, TN

#75244 Apr 5, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with "doctor supervision," but the issue of "parental supervision" gets tricky if Daddy's the one who knocked little Suzy up.
How often does that happen?

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#75245 Apr 5, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure how you lept from the 2001 recession and tied that to the Olympics eight years later.
I especially like the apples to oranges comparison of a family trip as representatives of the USA at the Olympic Games, to seperate trips where Michelle and the kids go to Aspen and ski while Barack goes to Florida to play golf with Tiger.
Hillbillyboy

Robbins, IL

#75246 Apr 5, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives invariably state the national deficit after Bush left office when comparing it to current levels, but they fail to mention the fact that Bush started digging that hole on top of a mountain.
Yeah, Bush wasted some money, nobody is denying that. There was massive fraud, waste, and abuse during his reign and he didnt really try too hard to do anything about it.

But what Obama has already done is so much more massive and unbelievable, that it makes Bushes fraud, waste, and abuse look like a mud puddle, when compared to Obamas Oceans of fraud, waste, abuse.

And now, really stupid big government social programs that never work, and cost hundreds of times what they are originally supposed to cost, are all he can come up with, even as the economy is staggering under the weight of government debt.

Obama has already spent more money than all of the previous Presidents combined.

His only new ideas are...more spending, more big government programs (that can never work), taking away of our freedoms, and higher taxes.

In short, ALL of Obamas ideas are bad ones, and he is taking us in the wrong direction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On the 1st day of Christmas 13 min csmaven 3
Principal at Mosheim 15 min Britey spears 70
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 19 min southern jock 254
kristi mccamey 21 min chuckey 9
not been home to use your electric and your bil... 31 min wth 1
Is Greene County inbred? 1 hr Trunketeer 17
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 5,626
info about eric jones 1 hr Geeze Louise 10
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 9 hr From Jenny xoxo 154
Why so paranoid? 11 hr csmaven 100
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]