Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,372)

Showing posts 67,421 - 67,440 of140,604
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
scarlett pimpernel

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Monkey ass wrote:
Just pick one topic and stay on it if you wanna talk
That would be so nice to see but it aint going to happen with her.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Either this little Twerp is completely insane or whoever is advising him, is trying to get him killed.
Kinda makes One wonder how all of this will end up, but however it ends, he will be the Loser!
I wonder if China is provoking him?
----------
"U.S. To Send Missile Defenses To Guam Over North Korea Threat."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/u-send-missile-defenses...
I think the whole world is going nuts.
Monkey ass

Kingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

scarlett pimpernel wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be so nice to see but it aint going to happen with her.
how sad does your life suck that you need to stoop as low to talk to roxy lol
lacey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

I love u

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

SpySpy wrote:
<quoted text>I think the whole world is going nuts.
I've thought the very same thing. Truthfully, I don't ever remember a time that that there have been so many unstable Countries, at the same time.

Maybe WWII, but that was before my time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

"CNN Previews How War With North Korea Would Play Out."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/03/cnn-pre...
lacey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Monkey ass wrote:
Just pick one topic and stay on it if you wanna talk
lmfaooo u too ;p
lacey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Monkey ass wrote:
<quoted text>
how sad does your life suck that you need to stoop as low to talk to roxy lol
feel u bby
Drone Wannabe

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
Either this little Twerp is completely insane or whoever is advising him, is trying to get him killed.
Kinda makes One wonder how all of this will end up, but however it ends, he will be the Loser!
I wonder if China is provoking him?
----------
"U.S. To Send Missile Defenses To Guam Over North Korea Threat."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/u-send-missile-defenses...
A recent fantasy---a U.S. drone carrying a nuclear bomb hovers over that hugE square in Pyongyang, North Korea, where 70% of the military and all their brass and highest government officials are assembled, and Kim Jong Un looks up and says, "Oh look, Dennis Rodman and President Obama have sent me a birthday present, uh oh, maybe not!"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Drone Wannabe wrote:
<quoted text>
A recent fantasy---a U.S. drone carrying a nuclear bomb hovers over that hugE square in Pyongyang, North Korea, where 70% of the military and all their brass and highest government officials are assembled, and Kim Jong Un looks up and says, "Oh look, Dennis Rodman and President Obama have sent me a birthday present, uh oh, maybe not!"
Lol! I like it! Where can I sign the Birthday Card? ROFL.
roxy bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Gd,gfd
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Eligibility criteria for the Purple Heart Medal is as follows:
Eligibility criteria for the Purple Heart Medal is as follows:
a. The Purple Heart is awarded in the name of the President of the United States to any member of an Armed Force or any civilian national of the United States who, while serving under competent authority in any capacity with one of the U.S. Armed Services after 5 April 1917, has been wounded or killed, or who has died or may hereafter die after being wounded
(1) In any action against an enemy of the United States.
(2) In any action with an opposing armed force of a foreign country in which the Armed Forces of the United States are or have been engaged.
(3) While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party.
(4) As a result of an act of any such enemy of opposing armed forces.
(5) As the result of an act of any hostile foreign force.
(6) After 28 March 1973, as a result of an international terrorist attack against the United States or a foreign nation friendly to the United States, recognized as such an attack by the Secretary of the Army, or jointly by the Secretaries of the separate armed Services concerned if persons from more than one service are wounded in the attack.
(7) After 28 March 1973, as a result of military operations while serving outside the territory of the United States as part of a peacekeeping force.
b. While clearly an individual decoration, the Purple Heart differs from all other decorations in that an individual is not "recommended" for the decoration; rather he or she is entitled to it upon meeting specific criteria.
(1) A Purple Heart is authorized for the first wound suffered under conditions indicated above, but for each subsequent award an Oak Leaf Cluster will be awarded to be worn on the medal or ribbon. Not more than one award will be made for more than one wound or injury received at the same instant or from the same missile, force, explosion, or agent.
(2) A wound is defined as an injury to any part of the body from an outside force or agent sustained under one or more of the conditions listed above. A physical lesion is not required, however, the wound for which the award is made must have required treatment by a medical officer and records of medical treatment for wounds or injuries received in action must have been made a matter of official record.
(3) When contemplating an award of this decoration, the key issue that commanders must take into consideration is the degree to which the enemy caused the injury. The fact that the proposed recipient was participating in direct or indirect combat operations is a necessary prerequisite, but is not sole justification for award.
(4) Examples of enemy-related injuries which clearly justify award of the Purple Heart are as follows:
(a) Injury caused by enemy bullet, shrapnel, or other projectile created by enemy action.
(b) Injury caused by enemy placed mine or trap.
(c) Injury caused by enemy released chemical, biological or nuclear agent.
(d) Injury caused by vehicle or aircraft accident resulting from enemy fire.
(e) Concussion injuries caused as a result of enemy generated explosions.
(5) Examples of injuries or wounds which clearly do not qualify for award of the Purple Heart are as follows:
(a) Frostbite or trench foot injuries.
(b) Heat stroke.
(c) Food poisoning not caused by enemy agents.
(d) Chemical, biological, or nuclear agents not released by the enemy.
(e) Battle fatigue.
(f) Disease not directly caused by enemy agents.
(g) Accidents, to include explosive, aircraft, vehicular, and other accidental wounding not related to or caused by enemy action.
To be continued....
.......I can read you 5X5........hello are you still there?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Now, let's see if Congress will do the same thing.
----------
"Obama Cutting Own Pay In Solidarity With Federal Workers."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-cutting-own-pay-s...
President Obama, is setting a good example as a leader.
This is just one small thing that I look for in a leader. In other words if I follow my leader I expect him/her to take the hits just like his followers do.
Now Sassy don't be surprised when other posters take this post and twist it like a pretzel!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
"CNN Previews How War With North Korea Would Play Out."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/03/cnn-pre...
Sassy, also in the bigger picture China needs a buffer(North Korea) next to them, not a free Korea and of course they need someone like us to pay them back all the billions of dollars we owe them.
Again, just follow the money.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very intuitive Sassy and I agree. If it weren't for a few bad apples in any organization, there would be no need for policies. However, our current legal system dictates that you punish everyone instead of just the one bad apple. If you don't, the one bad apple can sue and win. That is our current system. I agree with your statements in your post though.
For example, I had one warehouse worker who said he hurt his shoulder at work. Went to the doctor, doctor put him on "light duty" status, gave him some pain pills and said give it 3 weeks rest. After 3 weeks, the worker went back to the doctor and said his shoulder was killing him. Doctor put him on 6 weeks rest and did an MRI. The MRI found nothing. This worker knew how to play the system and found another doctor certified by our workman's comp insurance company and started the process over again. Approximately one year later, after one year of "light duty", the worker says he can't stand the pain and needs surgery. The doctor agrees to his request and does exploratory surgery. He found nothing wrong with his shoulder. Six months later, the worker is still saying he is in intense pain. The workman's comp insurance company settles his case for $18,000 and places him on permanent "light duty" status. My insurance premium went up $25,000 due to this one case. I gave this worker the opportunity to work in sales since he no longer can perform any type of physical duties. He is still in this job.
Two weeks ago, we created a company sponsored softball team. Guess who was the first person to sign up? I told this worker he could not play on the softball team because he has been placed on permanent "light duty" status where he is not allowed to lift his arm over his shoulder, bend over, etc. He told me he was all better now and if I didn't let him play, he would sue me for discrimination. I told him he should give back the $18,000 to the insurance company if he was all better. He stated he was owed this due to his pain and suffering. I reminded him he was paid the entire time he was off the job and on "light duty" status by the insurance company and by me. He lost no wages. He said he was owed more for his pain and suffering.
This is why our state legislators changed the workman's comp laws, not because a bunch of greedy republicans want to harm employees. Again, bad apples like this caused our state to change the workman's comp laws. Otherwise, all employers would be forced out of business due to workman's comp insurance rates. I now have to get my insurance via the state at the highest premium there is, all from this one case. If anyone knows what a workman's comp mod rate is, mine is 1.35 from this one case. For those in the know, you know what that means in terms of insurance rates.
Pete, I really don't understand why instead of talking to the employee, you just did not say anything at the softball game and let him play(while taking some videos of the game), then come Monday morning fire him, for fraud.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be happy to answer your questions Sassy.#1 - This employee is 30 years old.#2 - I don't know what Topix or my internet provider does, but I do not live nor operate a business in Florida. I reside and operate a business in East Tennessee, but for some reason, Topix describes my location as being in Florida.
Now for the rest of the story ... I told that worker that since he would sue me for discrimination, I am going to go ahead and fire him because the increase in the cost of our workman's comp insurance cost some other employees raises and bonuses and he basically scammed the workman's comp system at our cost. So I said if you are going to sue, you might as well sue for what is called "workman's comp revenge." I added that I would use his desire to play softball as proof there was nothing really wrong with him. He came to my office the next day crying stating he needed his job and enjoyed working here and to please allow him to continue working and he would do better. He is still employed, but not playing softball :)
Pete, I did't read your next post;
Now from what I understand so far, your employee is on permanent lite duty but is now working(can't do that).......Pete, I believe you need to fire him, or allow him to take a lower paying job or you yourself will have to answer to Big Government for allowing this to go on. Pete it sounds like you are in between a rock and a hard place........but that is why you are making the big bucks.
Let me know what happens.......remember what happens on "topix" stays on "topix".
wait a minute

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, I really don't understand why instead of talking to the employee, you just did not say anything at the softball game and let him play(while taking some videos of the game), then come Monday morning fire him, for fraud.
Yeah, it sounds like you're complaining that the system doesn't work, when you could have fairly easily proven fraud and gotten your money back plus damages.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, I did't read your next post;
Now from what I understand so far, your employee is on permanent lite duty but is now working(can't do that).......Pete, I believe you need to fire him, or allow him to take a lower paying job or you yourself will have to answer to Big Government for allowing this to go on. Pete it sounds like you are in between a rock and a hard place........but that is why you are making the big bucks.
Let me know what happens.......remember what happens on "topix" stays on "topix".
Hey Dunlapian. I have a sheet of paper stating this employee cannot be taken off "light duty" ever and it is from the state. They called it some sort of disability, but the wording didn't use the word "disability." This guy has three children, that is why he is still employed. He also was recently diagnosed with depression and started taking medication. He is actually doing better after all of this. Before, he was a distraction.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

wait a minute wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it sounds like you're complaining that the system doesn't work, when you could have fairly easily proven fraud and gotten your money back plus damages.
Because the system doesn't work that way. I wouldn't get anything back, the insurance company would have had to file a claim for fraud. Further, even if the insurance company did that, this guy would never have been able to pay them back one penny. He spent the money he got and now lives paycheck to paycheck. He spends everything he has. The insurance company would have had to hire a lawyer and spend the time necessary to gather evidence, i.e. incur more costs. It just doesn't make sense to spend more on this guy when you know you are not going to get anything back.

Now he is in sales getting paid 100% commission. Now if he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid. This new arrangement is working out better.
wait a minute

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the system doesn't work that way. I wouldn't get anything back, the insurance company would have had to file a claim for fraud. Further, even if the insurance company did that, this guy would never have been able to pay them back one penny. He spent the money he got and now lives paycheck to paycheck. He spends everything he has. The insurance company would have had to hire a lawyer and spend the time necessary to gather evidence, i.e. incur more costs. It just doesn't make sense to spend more on this guy when you know you are not going to get anything back.
Now he is in sales getting paid 100% commission. Now if he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid. This new arrangement is working out better.
So, then it didn't cost you money, and worked out better for you in the end as well?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,421 - 67,440 of140,604
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••