Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#74864 Apr 3, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent example of the efficiency of the federal government!
According to the article David Montoya, the inspector general of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, describes the home elevation program as little more than a complete failure.
“Considering there was just under $1 billion earmarked for this particular program and there's $700 million that wasn't used for that, I’d give it a very low D,” he says.
That's $700 MILLION wasted....now - what about the $787 BILLION spent on the so-called Stimulus??? I reckon Obama/Biden's 'Recovery Summer-2010'+ 3 years will show some promise...
Keynesian economics fails everytime.
Uh...you do remember that Bush was President... and it IS Louisiana, after all! "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job"...remember that? Well, it looks like the rest of them were doing "a heck of a job", too...blowing our money! Put the blame where it really belongs, Nuh_!
Come to think of it, Bush and his Group (Bremmer) did the same thing in Iraq!
8 Billion missing and we still don't know where it went. But, Bremmer came home and hasn't been seen or heard from since. Enjoying that money, or part of it, would be my guess.

Location hidden

#74865 Apr 3, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
The Associated Press, the largest news-gathering outlet in the world, will no longer use the term "illegal immigrant."
Instead they are replacing 'Illegal Immigrant' with 'Undocumented Democrat'...
http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/press-dro...
Nuh...don't make me come over there!:)

Guild

#74866 Apr 3, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...you do remember that Bush was President... and it IS Louisiana, after all! "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job"...remember that? Well, it looks like the rest of them were doing "a heck of a job", too...blowing our money! Put the blame where it really belongs, Nuh_!
Come to think of it, Bush and his Group (Bremmer) did the same thing in Iraq!
8 Billion missing and we still don't know where it went. But, Bremmer came home and hasn't been seen or heard from since. Enjoying that money, or part of it, would be my guess.
Um....I DO beleive I posted, "...Excellent example of the efficiency of the federal government." And, this may be difficult for you to comprehend, but - Bush was president of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT...so, as such, his administration wasted a lot of money. At the time (and it hasn't let up yet) Dem-Libs blamed Bush for not spending enough...now, they blame him for spending any.

Seeing as some 'Bible-thumping' went on yesterday...remember, "Saul has killed his thousands, David tens of thousands"...

Likewise, Bush wasted his millions ($700 million +)- Obama Billions ($787 Billion +).

Location hidden

#74867 Apr 3, 2013
VOTE THEM OUT! But, replace them with other REAL Democrats!
----------
"Democrats Are Undermining Wall Street Reform, Too."

("Eight House Dems are pushing a slate of Bills that would roll back key Financial Reform Laws.")

Click here:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/d...

Guild

#74868 Apr 3, 2013
Quite interesting - and if true, quite horrifying - from our Canuck neighbors.

Some might be surprised to learn that the fate of America’s economy has already been determined, verified and announced by the Obama White House. Yet, it has received scant attention from the corporate media. In 2011, economist Kyle Bass interviewed a senior member of the Obama administration about its planned solutions for fixing the US economy and trade deficit[ia].

Among the questions he asked was about U.S. exports and wages, but the question itself was not nearly as important as the response he received from this senior administration official. In fact, this single, seven word response clarifies everything, explains everything, and leaves little else to discuss:“We’re just going to kill the dollar.”

There it is, the entire agenda in one short sentence. It explains everything we’ve been seeing domestically and globally. That one statement makes every other question irrelevant, or otherwise answers all economic questions and explains everything. Nothing else matters. I urge you to ponder that statement and all that it implies. Doing so will provide you with the clarity to understand not only what is taking place today, but what is yet to come.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...

Location hidden

#74869 Apr 3, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Um....I DO beleive I posted, "...Excellent example of the efficiency of the federal government." And, this may be difficult for you to comprehend, but - Bush was president of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT...so, as such, his administration wasted a lot of money. At the time (and it hasn't let up yet) Dem-Libs blamed Bush for not spending enough...now, they blame him for spending any.
Seeing as some 'Bible-thumping' went on yesterday...remember, "Saul has killed his thousands, David tens of thousands"...
Likewise, Bush wasted his millions ($700 million +)- Obama Billions ($787 Billion +).
See, I was all ready to give you an, "atta boy" when I read the first paragraph, but then...that "atta boy" went South (pardon the expression) when I read the rest of your Post!:(

Guild

#74870 Apr 3, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I was all ready to give you an, "atta boy" when I read the first paragraph, but then...that "atta boy" went South (pardon the expression) when I read the rest of your Post!:(
...So, it is good to 'blame Bush'- but not good to 'blame Obama' for the doing the same as Bush but on a much grander scale?

Again, as I posted earlier, We have been purposely taught NOT to think critically.

Location hidden

#74871 Apr 3, 2013
I don't like some of the things that Obama is not trying harder to stop, but he is NOWHERE close to being as bad as Bush was! And believe me, I WAS paying close attention to Bush AND Cheney for 8 long years!

There's a reason Bush was being talked about as going down in the history books as our Worst President EVER, even before he left Office!

Guild

#74872 Apr 3, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I don't like some of the things that Obama is not trying harder to stop, but he is NOWHERE close to being as bad as Bush was! And believe me, I WAS paying close attention to Bush AND Cheney for 8 long years!
There's a reason Bush was being talked about as going down in the history books as our Worst President EVER, even before he left Office!
Jimmy Carter was infinitely worse than Bush so, until Obama gets out of office - Carter will continue to be the worst president ever.

On the other end...Of course, William Henry Harrison was the absolute best president in history.

Location hidden

#74873 Apr 3, 2013
I think I now know what the phrase "Zombie Apocalypse" is referring to now...and Folks, it ain't the Democrats!
----------
"Colorado Gun Group Leader:'There's A Time To Hunt Deer' And A "Time To Hunt Democrats'."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/03/colorad...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#74874 Apr 3, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
Quite interesting - and if true, quite horrifying - from our Canuck neighbors.
Some might be surprised to learn that the fate of America’s economy has already been determined, verified and announced by the Obama White House. Yet, it has received scant attention from the corporate media. In 2011, economist Kyle Bass interviewed a senior member of the Obama administration about its planned solutions for fixing the US economy and trade deficit[ia].
Among the questions he asked was about U.S. exports and wages, but the question itself was not nearly as important as the response he received from this senior administration official. In fact, this single, seven word response clarifies everything, explains everything, and leaves little else to discuss:“We’re just going to kill the dollar.”
There it is, the entire agenda in one short sentence. It explains everything we’ve been seeing domestically and globally. That one statement makes every other question irrelevant, or otherwise answers all economic questions and explains everything. Nothing else matters. I urge you to ponder that statement and all that it implies. Doing so will provide you with the clarity to understand not only what is taking place today, but what is yet to come.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
Yes, you are there! I've been screaming about this for over a decade and Americans don't want to know about it! America is "sleepng" through her death!

This will be the consummation of many orchestrated fronts coming together in a synergistic push toward something very close to the INET! America's dollar will die very soon! When our dollar has been removed from it's status of the "world reserve currency," get ready!

You will note Joseph Stiglitz in the PDF, an ex-chief financial Officer of the "world bank" and George Soros' partner. Stiglitz also spoke at the Brettonwood II conference and endorsed Soros' ambition of destroying our currency, thus destroying America.

for your references:

http://bit.ly/9FonrJ

http://bit.ly/14NLzDm

please download and save. Thanks!

Location hidden

#74875 Apr 3, 2013
...SMH...
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#74876 Apr 3, 2013
My very own critical thinking has brought me to the conclusion that the whole friggin system is broken beyond repair. And will not be fixed by the crooks that broke it so quit wishing and hoping and waiting for someone in DC to save us.
The crooks are too big to prosecute by the crooks who are also too big to prosecute and all the missing money just vaporizes.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#74877 Apr 3, 2013
I suggest we as a nation put our faith where we have actually seen real results,like Santa and the Tooth Fairy.
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

#74878 Apr 3, 2013
Who says there's no job? Looky here:

Crew (Cashiers)
Contract type : Full Time
Positions available : 1
Experience required : 1- 2 Years
Studies level required : Bachelor Degree
Weekly working duration : Full Time

Customer Service, Cashiers: Friendly people wanted to smile while serving lots of guests daily. Flexible hours, part-time and full-time positions available. Work with your friends or make some new ones! Get a weekly paycheck with a side order of food, folks and fun. Join our Service Team today! Benefits: Affordable health, vision and dental insurance. Free uniforms, discounts on meals and employee discount program thru Entertainment Book.
Structured training and regular performance reviews. Advancement opportunities within!

This independent McDonalds franchise is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work force. Corporate McDonalds | Country Sites | State Sites | Privacy Policy |Terms & Conditions |?2004-2006 McDonalds Corporation

http://www.jobdiagnosis.com/index.php...

I'm not sure what to think about this? Has the cashier position at Mickey D's gotten so complex that it requires a 4 year college education?

Or has the 4 year college education degraded to the point where this is the type of job you can look forward to if you have one.

Tough sh_t for you folks who were so smart that you didn't do well in school.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#74879 Apr 3, 2013
How true!

The managment of the nations biggest companies are so involved with their head in the BS bucket, that they just make up silly requirements like this.

If the young people of today are any indication of the sort of kids coming right out of college (faces constantly glued to their cell phones and their attention captured constantly by their ipads) then I would rather hire some older and more mature workers.

It just shows the "Ivory Tower" complex that our business leaders are suffering from today.

But, in a culture where the government is there to bail out every large corporate failure, then they can afford the Ivory Tower syndrome, and completely divorce themselves from reality.

And by the posts above (excellent post, BTW!) we can see that they are doing a good job of this.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#74880 Apr 3, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>
No. I clearly stated 'American citizens'- which, of course, is inclusive of all Americans; Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Conservatives, and - yes - even those ever misguided liberals.
I was referring to this part of your post...
Nuh_ wrote:
I have a lib friend who is highly intelligent but a drone. When you ask questions like the ones above you get the "no way" answer, but the second you phrase the question in terms of policy, he starts sputtering out justifications and excuses.
For some reason, he simply cannot mentally connect those last few dots. Its almost like his mind locks up and panics.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#74881 Apr 3, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Only $700,000,000?!?!

Talk about brainwashed and programmed!
Hillbillyboy

United States

#74882 Apr 3, 2013
Liberal Democrats are brainwashed to exhibit a Pavlovian response to leftist news soundbites.
Part of the brainwashing they are indoctrinated with is to attack any foreign thought or idea that does not come from the leftist news media or leftist politicians.

Its a sort of word association game. Say the word "Conservative", and you will get an immediate attacks response from them.

Its the same with "Fox news", "Republican", "Family Values", and so on.

No amount of truth or logic is allowed to find its way into their brains.

Its similar to the brainwashing of cult victims.

Guild

#74883 Apr 3, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Only $700,000,000?!?!
Talk about brainwashed and programmed!
My post: "Bush WASTED his millions ($700 million +)....there is NO 'only $700,000,000' in my post.
Talk about reading comprehension!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greeneville, TN Events and Happenings 7 min Events n Happenings 1
What do you think about one night stands 35 min Dixie iron fist 22
Satan's power waxing every day in our fallen land 46 min csmaven 8
white men are gross! (Aug '10) 49 min csmaven 97
Why I get on topix 57 min csmaven 59
Charles Manson to marry.... 1 hr jamie smiles 16
HAWK the wife beater wins big 1 hr jamie smiles 21
David Thompson's girl 2 hr Mimi 9
wreck 19 hr friendofdog 27
Greeneville Dating