Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,328)

Showing posts 66,541 - 66,560 of140,562
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Six pack Sam

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
Cute and funny story. We can use all of the humor we can get, nowadays.:)
----------
"PA. Groundhog's Handler Taking Blame For Forecast."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/pa-groundhogs-handler-t...
I never did believe in that stuff did you?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

What a heart-warming Story and it renewed my faith in the kindness of People AND improved my opinion of some Big Businesses.
If we had a "Chili's" in my area, they'd have my patronage just because of the way their Employees handled this situation. Well done!
----------
"Autistic Girl's Broken Cheeseburger Story Goes Viral."

Click here:
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/autistic...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Six pack Sam wrote:
<quoted text>I never did believe in that stuff did you?
Naw...it's just a little fun thing that caught on and became very popular, but it's all worthless as far as predicting the weather. Brings in a lot of Tourism money to PA,, too, and from the Press People that cover the event.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

"Report: George W. Bush Has Most Expenses Among Former Presidents For 2012."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/report...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Timbuk2 wrote:
All you rich haters oughta love this:
Cyprus strikes last-minute EU bailout deal
Agreement set to involve heavy losses for wealthy investors, while those with savings under €100,000 will be spared.
European leaders reached an agreement with Cyprus early on Monday morning that closes down the island's second-biggest bank and inflicts huge losses on wealthy savers.
This is a poor way to address the crisis and is obviously a last resort effort to hold the E.U. together. It will be a one time cash infusion, not a long term funding mechanism for Cyprus. That alone illustrates the fragility of the "union" which is looking more every day, as if it will not survive. The more wealthy in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and even Britian seeing this move, will take action to protect their money before a program like this comes to their country courtesy of the E.U.
This just weakens the future taxing (revenue) potential of those countries. With this one shot revenue infusion will come austerity measures, almost guaranteeing that country will remain in recession and further reduce tax collections.
Those throwing stones at Europe from here would do well to remember that the economic collapse and deep recession began here at home and spread to Europe, not the reverse. That crisis came as a result of a housing bubble. I think we are in the process of creating another bubble now. By driving interest rates to zero, we are forcing savers who were dependent on interest income out of safe banking instruments like certificates of deposit in insured banks, into more risky investments in the stock market. That market has risen above the level it was trading at, prior to the recession...but worker's wages are flat, unemployment is still high, and most "Main Street" businesses have NOT recovered. With all that in mind....can a stock market correction be far behind ? And what would a deep correction do to those savers I mentioned above ?
Timbuk2

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> That question has as many answers as there are Republican voters. Being from the solidly Republican part of our state, I have many (actually mostly) Republican friends and I have discussed this with all of them at one time or another. Some have families that have voted Republican going back to the Civil War, when parts of East Tn. sided with the north. Some became Republicans during Reconstruction when Parson Brownlow was handing out patronage jobs to every East Tennessee Republican.
Then there is the abortion issue, which has torn apart the country since it became legal. This issue places a LOT of the folks you asked about in opposition to all Democrats. That opposition is reinforced frequently from the pulpits of country Churches many times a year. Democratic support for same sex marriage and the end of organized school prayer also deepen the gulf. I have personally heard Preachers pontificate that if gay marriage becomes legal, Churches will be required to marry gay people.....I have also heard one say that no person could be a Christian and vote for a Democrat. Some folks can dismiss false claims like these, but....many good folks believe them, AND most people have such a low regard for politicians that it is hard to believe anything they say, especially when comparing them to a Preacher.
Some party affiliations go back to the time prior to civil service laws, when a change in party in the Governor's office meant job losses for everyone not a member of that party. Some who lost those jobs, or had a daddy or a grandpa that did have LONG memories and find it hard to forgive.
SADLY there is a racial element involved for a small segment of our population and that is exploited by some politicians. We all have seen some of this on this thread...the "welfare queen dripping with jools and driving a cadillac that buys steak with her food stamps" and those "young bucks" that collect welfare, will not work and father numerous children without marrying the mothers or supporting those kids, and "Food Stamp President" are code for those who are not like "us".
Here in rural Tennessee, the issue of gun control drives some into the Republican party, as almost every home has a shotgun a rifle or two and a pistol, most folks intend to keep them, and are convinced that the Dems are going to confiscate them all.
These are just a few of the reasons why some folks of modest means vote against their best ECONOMIC interests and for a party that increasingly represents the wealthy.
Interesting. Here in my part of West TN, most of the older folks always voted Democrat.

when I first came here 5-6 years ago, I was astounded that people were seriously for Hillary despite their religious beliefs. I asked about it, and was told that everyone in the south was used to voting democrat.

Things started to change when the democrat party was taken over by it's extreme left wing, i..e. Pelosi and the other California dem's,(sorry, we don't have a cute name like tea publicans for your left wing whacko's) with their gay agenda, and the same spend thrift policies that have buried that state.

So what's happened is that because they do not relate to the current extreme left of the party, they gravitate towards republicans, despite the fact that most of the population here receives some sort of public assistance.

I guess voters are fickle. Catholics vote democrat despite abortion. Jews vote democrat despite Obama's disdain for Israel. Blacks vote democrat despite the fact that democrat's have not been able to raise their lot in life after 50 years of trying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> This is a poor way to address the crisis and is obviously a last resort effort to hold the E.U. together. It will be a one time cash infusion, not a long term funding mechanism for Cyprus. That alone illustrates the fragility of the "union" which is looking more every day, as if it will not survive. The more wealthy in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and even Britian seeing this move, will take action to protect their money before a program like this comes to their country courtesy of the E.U.
This just weakens the future taxing (revenue) potential of those countries. With this one shot revenue infusion will come austerity measures, almost guaranteeing that country will remain in recession and further reduce tax collections.
Those throwing stones at Europe from here would do well to remember that the economic collapse and deep recession began here at home and spread to Europe, not the reverse. That crisis came as a result of a housing bubble. I think we are in the process of creating another bubble now. By driving interest rates to zero, we are forcing savers who were dependent on interest income out of safe banking instruments like certificates of deposit in insured banks, into more risky investments in the stock market. That market has risen above the level it was trading at, prior to the recession...but worker's wages are flat, unemployment is still high, and most "Main Street" businesses have NOT recovered. With all that in mind....can a stock market correction be far behind ? And what would a deep correction do to those savers I mentioned above ?
I hope a correction is all the Stock Market does. I think it's going to crash. Since all of the regulations were done away with, the same scenario, manipulated by the same type of Investors, is in play right now, very similar to what happened in 1929. It's not exactly the same, but there are enough similarities that everybody should be concerned. If it does, hopefully it won't be as bad as the Crash of '29, but it will still hurt a lot of Investors. I hope I'm wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

BTW OT, Good Morning. I can't stay on here, but I just wanted to tell you "Hi".
Timbuk2

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> This is a poor way to address the crisis and is obviously a last resort effort to hold the E.U. together. It will be a one time cash infusion, not a long term funding mechanism for Cyprus. That alone illustrates the fragility of the "union" which is looking more every day, as if it will not survive. The more wealthy in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and even Britian seeing this move, will take action to protect their money before a program like this comes to their country courtesy of the E.U.
I have a friend who built a successful car repair business in chicago. He retired to his homeland, Cypress, and bought some rental properties.

The local economy had degraded to the point that no one has paid rent in three years, and most have kept alive by bartering services. He's horrified because he sees this country going the same way. In the most recent conversation, he advised to take your money out of the bank.

You mention interest rates. When they start to go up, this country and most in it are finished.
Timbuk2

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Well, here it is. Getcher Obamacare here. Apply on line;

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/uploadedfiles/p...

It's 60 pages.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Snowing in Nashville this morning. Time to put a contract out on Phil. Forget the Ohio indictment We all know how slow the Justice System works on these things.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22971...
Timbuk2

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
Snowing in Nashville this morning. Time to put a contract out on Phil. Forget the Ohio indictment We all know how slow the Justice System works on these things.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22971...
Down here in lovely Boca Raton, FL, we're freezing today. It might go down to the 40's tonite.

Don't shoot Phil, he's just been brainwashed by the liberal media. He's been listening to this guy:

http://blog.algore.com/2013/03/time_has_come_...

"Time has come" for a carbon tax" to stop "Global Warming".

"..the negative externalities of energy use, including local pollution and greenhouse gas emissions, mean that, other things being equal, an economy that burns less fuel is better off."

This coming from a guy that burns more fuel than all of us combined. His personal jet is so old, it uses much more than more modern planes.

But lest you feel major guilt driving your Prius, he'll be glad to sell you some "carbon credits". That'll make you feel better, while you turn up your thermostat in this cold weather.
Timbuk2

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Bring back CIA assassinations:

That "tempest in a teapot" Kim Jong-un, has elevated its artillery and strategic missile forces to "combat-ready posture" and said it is prepared to strike targets in South Korea, Japan, Guam, Hawaii and the continental US.

That'll get everyone shaking in their boots.

You know, at one time, this guy would have been offed by now. Along with Achmadinajihad.

Sometimes progress goes backwards.
Timbuk2

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

"Some believe atmosphere is safe for gay NFL player to come out"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freema...

We are witnessing the destruction of professional football.

First they discussed eliminating kickoffs. Next they ban lowering your head. Now they want to be "gay".

I have a solution to this entire head injury problem. The issue is speed and collisions.

From here on, running will be replaced by skipping.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Good morning everyone and Cooterspy to! Glad you must run today Linda. Don't rush back dear.

Dunicrap here is your extra "n" for today my love. Use it wisely you old broken fool. Hugs to you, bastard.

RS
Timbuk2

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s organization, Mayors Against Illegal Guns is spending $12-million in ads to push federal gun control legislation.

The ads feature a man holding a shotgun, wearing plaid flannel with a camouflage cap, sitting on the tailgate of a pickup truck, while a child swings on a tire in the background.

The man says,“I support comprehensive background checks so criminals and the dangerously mentally ill can’t buy guns.”

While saying this, he holds the pump-action shotgun with the action closed, so it is impossible to know if it is loaded, the weapon is pointed in an unsafe direction, sideways instead of up or down, and his finger is clearly on the trigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

If you're going to try to attract gun owners, at least hire one as the actor. In the very least, it'll be safer for everyone in the vicinity.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Good morning Linda ! Hope all is well with you.
elle1

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Tim,
Are you a Zionist also?
elle1

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

P.S. I thought I saw your style/signature on another thread.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Here in my part of West TN, most of the older folks always voted Democrat.
when I first came here 5-6 years ago, I was astounded that people were seriously for Hillary despite their religious beliefs. I asked about it, and was told that everyone in the south was used to voting democrat.
Things started to change when the democrat party was taken over by it's extreme left wing, i..e. Pelosi and the other California dem's,(sorry, we don't have a cute name like tea publicans for your left wing whacko's) with their gay agenda, and the same spend thrift policies that have buried that state.
So what's happened is that because they do not relate to the current extreme left of the party, they gravitate towards republicans, despite the fact that most of the population here receives some sort of public assistance.
I guess voters are fickle. Catholics vote democrat despite abortion. Jews vote democrat despite Obama's disdain for Israel. Blacks vote democrat despite the fact that democrat's have not been able to raise their lot in life after 50 years of trying.
Only East Tennessee was solidly Republican...West Tennessee was part of the "Solid South"...solidly in Democratic hands for a hundred years after the Civil War. Some of those Hillary supporters vote for Democrats, for the same reasons East Tennessee Republicans still vote Republican. Even though neither party resembles the one that their parents and grandparents supported.
I have posted many times that the Republican party is in danger of becoming a minority party of the old south and a shrinking slice of the middle west. The country has changed and the Republican party will have to do so as well....It took losing 5 presidential elections for Republicans to recognize what Hoover did to America, and their party. It may take several election cycles before they realize that George W. Bush delt them a similar hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 66,541 - 66,560 of140,562
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

96 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Applause Greeneville you are famous 10 min FormerGreenevillian 10
Policeman Teddy Lawing 37 min Nobody 6
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 1 hr My two cents 14
YFA Draft 1 hr humpdy 1
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 1 hr Randall Mc Daniel 170
fired policeman 1 hr Careful 15
Greene County School System At It Again 1 hr justify 7
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 3 hr saw hull 121
•••