Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#73406 Mar 22, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Sassy, you are contradicting yourself again. You say Fox News viewers have refused to think for themselves for so long and have such a lack of interest in anything except propaganda gruel that Fox News feeds them, they have lost the ability to understand what they do read from other sources.
Well, maybe they are having a hard time thinking for themselves when you are telling them what to think all the time. And you say their only interest is in propaganda gruel when your only interest seems to be propaganda gruel because you try to get everyone hooked on it by posting all your links to your version of propaganda gruel. What you don't understand is Fox News viewers do understand information from other sources, and it makes them so mad, they probably want to hear something sensible from somewhere. This somewhere seems to be Fox News since they are the highest rated cable station there is. What this really means is there are a lot more anti-Sassy's than Sassy's. One can even see this on this thread.
You can take my facts on this topic any way you want. Your version came from various internet links from propaganda gruel sites. My experience came from being there and actually watching it happen. I married a Canadian whose family still lives there. In short, I know a lot more about Canada than you. Let's face it, you got busted on this one.
Pete, the Fox news viewers that I know, don't listen to any other source other than Conservative sites, everything from Fox news, Rush Limbaugh, Washington Post to AMAC (AARP alternative) and when you go to AMAC's site you are hit with not medical issues but political issues.
I on the other hand do go to these sites, just to be a step ahead of my Conservative friends, because I know just as the sun will rise today, they will be quoting something from these sites.
Now I have to admit I don't spend much time on these sites because I do have a life.
When I'm in the truck, I usually listen to NPR. At home in the evening I go to sites from anything from Al Jazeera, New York times, Reuters, ect.
Just to lighten up I listen to Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report and of course SNL.
You say Fox News viewers understand information from other sources, well in my county this is incorrect, as they don't go outside their Conservative sites.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#73407 Mar 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Michelle Malkin Attacks Obama's Israel Trip With Vague Unfocused Rant On Fox:(VIDEO)."
Click here:
http://deadstate.org/michelle-malkin-attacks-...
Sassy, this Michelle Malkin would fit in just right with my Conservative and TeaBagger(not the sex act but the act of sending Tea Bags to Washington D.C. 09')friends in Sequatchie County.
tea party tea party

Milan, TN

#73408 Mar 22, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here is a realistic example and I will use my company as the example. I pay one-half the group healthcare costs for employees who want it. About half of the employees take it. With Obamacare, I will have to pay the healthcare cost for all employees or be fined $750 per year per employee. That fine is less than providing healthcare on my own for all the employees, so I will opt to be fined. Then these same employees have to go to the so-called exchange to buy insurance and I can guarantee you it won't be as cheap as when I was paying for half of it. The end result will be my employees will end up paying more for health insurance and the government will have a new revenue source from which to spend more. The other scenario is I take my current workforce of 120 people and cut it to 49 full time and 80 part time. This makes me exempt from this law and I will continue doing what I am doing. The result is a lot of workers get their hours cut to part time and part time employees don't get any benefits. Therefore, they will have to come up with the money to pay for insurance while working reduced hours. Based on all of this, and I have read the entire plan, is that I can't find any benefit of this to anybody except the government. I am sure some people will end up with free insurance, but at a cost of raising insurance for everyone else and taxing businesses. This is a disaster waiting to happen.
msnbc (i lysol my tv after watching it) just said health care premiums will double next year as a direct result of obama care...companies are already making full time employees part time...by the end of the year lets see how much these liberal dumbasses like obama...especially the ones that tought they would get free health care.

Since: Feb 13

Guild

#73409 Mar 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, the Fox news viewers that I know, don't listen to any other source other than Conservative sites, everything from Fox news, Rush Limbaugh, Washington Post to AMAC (AARP alternative) and when you go to AMAC's site you are hit with not medical issues but political issues.
I on the other hand do go to these sites, just to be a step ahead of my Conservative friends, because I know just as the sun will rise today, they will be quoting something from these sites.
Now I have to admit I don't spend much time on these sites because I do have a life.
When I'm in the truck, I usually listen to NPR. At home in the evening I go to sites from anything from Al Jazeera, New York times, Reuters, ect.
Just to lighten up I listen to Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report and of course SNL.
You say Fox News viewers understand information from other sources, well in my county this is incorrect, as they don't go outside their Conservative sites.
The issue is that the vast majority of people out there view neither Fox nor MSNBC for 'news'. Where you 'lighten up' with Jon Stewart, Colbert, & SNL - this is the extent of what most people expose themselves to as far as getting information and forming individual opinions on issues.

Our Founders felt a free-press and education of the masses extremely important. While humorous - and at times informational - I doubt they had Saturday Night Live, Jon Stewart, and Stephen Colbert in mind to 'educate' people on the politics of the day.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#73410 Mar 22, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is that the vast majority of people out there view neither Fox nor MSNBC for 'news'. Where you 'lighten up' with Jon Stewart, Colbert, & SNL - this is the extent of what most people expose themselves to as far as getting information and forming individual opinions on issues.
Our Founders felt a free-press and education of the masses extremely important. While humorous - and at times informational - I doubt they had Saturday Night Live, Jon Stewart, and Stephen Colbert in mind to 'educate' people on the politics of the day.
Well Nuh_, the vast majority(that I know) in my county watches Fox News all the time(in their free time). I know people who have to be home just to watch a show on Fox News, they plan their day around it.
As I said before they don't even watch the Super Bowl or the play offs leading up to it, instead they watch Fox News.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#73411 Mar 22, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuh_, my next question is where do you get your news?

Location hidden

#73412 Mar 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well Nuh_, the vast majority(that I know) in my county watches Fox News all the time(in their free time). I know people who have to be home just to watch a show on Fox News, they plan their day around it.
As I said before they don't even watch the Super Bowl or the play offs leading up to it, instead they watch Fox News.
<<yawning>>
Really Sassy

Ukraine

#73414 Mar 22, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
<<yawning>>
i farted and pooed my depends
stone thrower

Livingston, TN

#73415 Mar 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well Nuh_, the vast majority(that I know) in my county watches Fox News all the time(in their free time). I know people who have to be home just to watch a show on Fox News, they plan their day around it.
If you`re not a fan of football why should you watch the Super Bowl
or the playoffs?

Guild

#73416 Mar 22, 2013
Thanks to ObamaCare:

18 new tax hikes are in store
(Congressional Budget Office, June 2012)

7 million people will lose their employer-sponsored health insurance
(Congressional Budget Office, July 2012)

Employers slow down hiring therefore slowing down economic growth
(The Federal Reserve Beige Book, March 2013)

$716 Billion in payments to Medicare providers CUT
(Medicare Trustees Report, 2012 and Congressional Budget Office, July 2012)

Individual market premiums skyrocket
(Contingencies, Jan/Feb 2013)

Notice all the far-right sources cited...
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#73417 Mar 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have the slightest idea, but I would think that your Doctor or your Local Health Dept. would be a good place to start.
If you would care to share how that happened, I would be interested in hearing the details.
Have them call Obama
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#73418 Mar 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to tell you that I have become very concerned as to just exactly what Obamacare is going to mean for a lot of People. It seems that reliable information is very hard to find and frankly, I haven't tried, but there are some things that have been mentioned in the News and Online, that alarm me. But, they weren't elaborated on to get the Full Story, which is essential.
So far, you're the first Person that I've heard of who has lost their Workplace Health Coverage because of it and I wonder why, or if the rest will follow. I'm sorry that it's happened to you, whatever is going on...I truly am!
I don't know what suggestions to offer you, other than I would be asking questions of my Employer, My Insurance Company, and my Congressman to try and figure out what my options are.
You could have got the full truth from Fox news. They warned this was coming. NOw----Oh well, have a nice day!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#73419 Mar 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to tell you that I have become very concerned as to just exactly what Obamacare is going to mean for a lot of People. It seems that reliable information is very hard to find and frankly, I haven't tried, but there are some things that have been mentioned in the News and Online, that alarm me. But, they weren't elaborated on to get the Full Story, which is essential.
So far, you're the first Person that I've heard of who has lost their Workplace Health Coverage because of it and I wonder why, or if the rest will follow. I'm sorry that it's happened to you, whatever is going on...I truly am!
I don't know what suggestions to offer you, other than I would be asking questions of my Employer, My Insurance Company, and my Congressman to try and figure out what my options are.
You got to realize that this does not go into effect until Jan 1 2014.

Guild

#73420 Mar 22, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
You got to realize that this does not go into effect until Jan 1 2014.
ObamaCare taxes have already begun:

$23.6 Billion:“Black liquor” tax hike (Took effect in 2010) This is a tax increase on a type of bio-fuel. Bill: Reconciliation Act; Page: 105

$22.2 Billion: Tax on Innovator Drug Companies (Took effect in 2010):$2.3 billion annual tax on the industry imposed relative to share of sales made that year. Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,971-1,980

$20 Billion: Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers (Takes effect Jan. 2013): Medical device manufacturers employ 360,000 people in 6000 plants across the country. This law imposes a new 2.3% excise tax. Exempts items retailing for <$100. Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,980-1,986

$15.2 Billion: High Medical Bills Tax (Takes effect Jan 1. 2013): Currently, those facing high medical expenses are allowed a deduction for medical expenses to the extent that those expenses exceed 7.5 percent of adjusted gross income (AGI). The new provision imposes a threshold of 10 percent of AGI. Waived for 65+ taxpayers in 2013-2016 only. Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,994-1,995

$13.2 Billion: Flexible Spending Account Cap – aka “Special Needs Kids Tax”(Takes effect Jan. 2013): Imposes cap on FSAs of $2500 (now unlimited). Indexed to inflation after 2013. There is one group of FSA owners for whom this new cap will be particularly cruel and onerous: parents of special needs children. There are thousands of families with special needs children in the United States, and many of them use FSAs to pay for special needs education. Tuition rates at one leading school that teaches special needs children in Washington, D.C.(National Child Research Center) can easily exceed $14,000 per year. Under tax rules, FSA dollars can be used to pay for this type of special needs education. Bill: PPACA; Page: 2,388-2,389

$5 Billion: Medicine Cabinet Tax (Took effect Jan. 2011): Americans no longer able to use health savings account (HSA), flexible spending account (FSA), or health reimbursement (HRA) pre-tax dollars to purchase non-prescription, over-the-counter medicines (except insulin). Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,957-1,959

$4.5 Billion: Elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D (Takes effect Jan. 2013) Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,994

$4.5 Billion: Codification of the “economic substance doctrine”(Took effect in 2010): This provision allows the IRS to disallow completely-legal tax deductions and other legal tax-minimizing plans just because the IRS deems that the action lacks “substance” and is merely intended to reduce taxes owed. Bill: Reconciliation Act; Page: 108-113

$2.7 Billion: Tax on Indoor Tanning Services (Took effect July 1, 2010): New 10 percent excise tax on Americans using indoor tanning salons. Bill: PPACA; Page: 2,397-2,399

$1.4 Billion: HSA Withdrawal Tax Hike (Took effect Jan. 2011): Increases additional tax on non-medical early withdrawals from an HSA from 10 to 20 percent, disadvantaging them relative to IRAs and other tax-advantaged accounts, which remain at 10 percent. Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,959

$0.6 Billion:$500,000 Annual Executive Compensation Limit for Health Insurance Executives (Takes effect Jan. 2013): Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,995-2,000

$0.4 Billion: Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tax Hike (Took effect in 2010): The special tax deduction in current law for Blue Cross/Blue Shield companies would only be allowed if 85 percent or more of premium revenues are spent on clinical services. Bill: PPACA; Page: 2,004
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#73421 Mar 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Case PROVEN! No further Proof necessary.
WHat hate = make a person getting welfare get a job.

I guess Bill Clinton hated everybody. He installed a program to retrain and find jobs for those on welfare. I think It is still in effect.

You I find disgusting
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#73422 Mar 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Hartmann: The Terrible Consequences Of Reaganomics:(VIDEO)."
Click here:
http://aattp.org/hartmann-the-terrible-conseq...
Do you paid by the Dem-lib party... You should,,, You would be a good mouth piece for them.
Timbuk2

Boca Raton, FL

#73423 Mar 22, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here is a realistic example and I will use my company as the example. I pay one-half the group healthcare costs for employees who want it. About half of the employees take it. With Obamacare, I will have to pay the healthcare cost for all employees or be fined $750 per year per employee.
There's a whole lotta misinformin' goin' on.

If you do not provide health insurance, the fine for firms with 50+ employees, is $2000 per employee. This fine will occur as soon as one employee applies for medicaid or subsidized insurance. The fine is actually calculated by taking the number of employees minus 30. So for 120 employees, the fine would be $80K. That could put a kink in the ole P&L.

Also, you are no longer permitted to provide fancier insurance to valued employees or use it as an incentive to motivate employees. The insurance you provide for yourself must be the same that you offer to your warehouse clerks.
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
That fine is less than providing healthcare on my own for all the employees, so I will opt to be fined. Then these same employees have to go to the so-called exchange to buy insurance and I can guarantee you it won't be as cheap as when I was paying for half of it. The end result will be my employees will end up paying more for health insurance and the government will have a new revenue source from which to spend more.
But they will have choices! They can choose Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum plans. The differences are not is what's covered, the differences will be in monthly cost versus deductibles. Employees under 30 can opt for "catastrophic" insurance.

And Obama promised these plans will be less. Just like he promised to lower taxes and close Guantanamo.
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
The other scenario is I take my current workforce of 120 people and cut it to 49 full time and 80 part time.
You mean old capitalist! Don't you know that your real purpose is to provide jobs and health insurance? Making a profit is secondary, you meany.
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>This makes me exempt from this law and I will continue doing what I am doing. The result is a lot of workers get their hours cut to part time and part time employees don't get any benefits. Therefore, they will have to come up with the money to pay for insurance while working reduced hours.
You'll be in good company. Chili's is looking to eliminate busboys completely. I know of several people down here in FLA who are working three 29 hour per week jobs. No retailer or restaurant is offering full time jobs, even to managers.

Employees without insurance will have to get it from medicaid, and they will be subsidized. In fact, by 2019, anyone who makes less than $100K will be eligible for subsidized medicare, and there are no tests for assets. People with castles and Rolls Royces will be eligible for medicaid as long as their income does not exceed $100K.
So don't feel bad. Obama has everything under control.
Pete wrote:
<quoted text> Based on all of this, and I have read the entire plan, is that I can't find any benefit of this to anybody except the government. I am sure some people will end up with free insurance, but at a cost of raising insurance for everyone else and taxing businesses. This is a disaster waiting to happen.
Just drink the kool-aid. We're going to a better place.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#73424 Mar 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, how can you guarantee a cost of insurance per employee when that cost has not even been given yet?
Oh But it has. The cost of employee insurance is approx.$5-$6,000 per year. Yeah,, that is an additional benefit you get.
Didn't know that. By the time you pay all the employer taxes for each employee an $20,000 employee ($9.60/hr)actually cost the employer about $27 to $29,000 per year. Now with Obama Care that is going up a BUNCH. The question is,,, Who will keep their job much less keep their health insurance.

Guild

#73425 Mar 22, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
WHat hate = make a person getting welfare get a job.
I guess Bill Clinton hated everybody. He installed a program to retrain and find jobs for those on welfare. I think It is still in effect.
You I find disgusting
Nope.

Obama took it off last July.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#73426 Mar 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
It helps to know what is coming and going on in your country especially if it is going to affect you in a real way.(i.e Obama Care)

Dem-Libs check out all the other sites to listen to lies and NOn-truth tellers (i.e. Nancy Pelosi, etc.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We must repent as a nation the only way 10 min Hope 21
tonya bowman is cheating 1 hr Duke 8
JIM old man HASLAM is wreck in Knoxville TN in ... 1 hr DUI JimHaslam 4
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 2 hr Melissa1333 4,250
Word Woman 4 hr ---Word Woman--- 132
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr Steve 9,453
how do you delete a forum off this 5 hr What Dafuq 2
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 6 hr resident 68
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 13 hr jamie smiles 42
Who was the best looking people back in the 90s... (Jun '13) 14 hr Booger 49
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search