Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,289)

Showing posts 65,761 - 65,780 of123,814
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Sassy, this is a great example of why you should never rely on strictly the internet for facts. Fox News is broadcast in Canada via digital cable and satellite. Here are some of the broadcasters airing Fox News ...Access Communications, Bell TV, Cogeco, Eastlink, Manitoba Telecom Services, Rogers, SaskTel, Shaw Cable, Shaw Direct and Telus TV. Have you been to Canada? I personally saw Fox News being aired in downtown Montreal at the Sheraton in the bar. Actual experience is a lot better way to learn and discover new things than surfing the internet.
Also, the current conservative P.M. tried to repeal the Radio Act that TRIED to ban broadcasters like Fox News. This Act was enacted by a previous Liberal Government. Warning, spinning what you read on the internet by stating what you read as fact enables everyone to witness exactly what you are doing.
One more thing, Sun T.V. which is an on-line version of Fox News and owned by Fox News parent company is soon to be on-line in Canada.
I worked for a Canadian based company for 15 years. I still have many friends in Canada and I have traveled there numerous times. You might want to go visit Canada and actually get a first-hand perspective of life there before opining on things there you really don't know anything about. For every internet link you post supporting your opinion, I can post another one stating the exact opposite of what you have found.
Don't get me wrong, I think the internet is a great tool for learning things. However, just because an opinion or article is on there doesn't necessarily mean it is fact. That is why posting numerous internet links on here isn't going to convince anyone you are right. It won't convince anyone you are wrong either, but most people recognize opinion based internet links for what they are.
Don't surf the Internet because I hate looking for anything online or offline. But, I do subscribe to numerous Newspapers, online editions, and numerous Political Magazines and Newsletters, almost all of which I have subscribed to the Print editions for many years.
The Article, telling that, showed up on my Homepage sometime before the Last Election and I posted the Link to the Article, at the time. If I remember correctly, it was also talking about the Investigation into Rupert Murdoch's Scandal and Investigation in Great Britain, of his News Corp.
Nobody disputed it, at the time. I don't quite understand how you know that the Law was voted in under the Previous LIBERAL Administration, yet you say there is no such Law and cited all the Stations that you say, air Fox Fake News. Those things, in your Post, are inconsistent to me. So, did you surf the Internet and look it up right before Posting?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>What Really-Really gets to her is that even an old guy like me is better looking than she is. LOL
Your azz would make her a Sunday face. There is no doubt about that. Lol. How are you tonight my friend?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SexySasssySenior wrote:
<quoted text>You make a valuable point. I see the errors of my ways.
Hello my sweet friend. Enjoy your evening.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your azz would make her a Sunday face. There is no doubt about that. Lol. How are you tonight my friend?
I decided to take it today. I always want to keep her running. I love I can make her change it. hahahhaha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Well Pete, I Googled the question and the first Link was "Snopes", and here's what it says:
Notice the dates...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxca...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Well Pete, I Googled the question and the first Link was "Snopes", and here's what it says:
Notice the dates...
I find it hard to believe any news today.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought it was a typo...WILLARD's not the best speller in the world, either. But, what is a "Bodine...unless he meant Jethro Bodine from the Beverly Hillbillies...which would definitely describe you accurately, intelligence-wise!
Are you picking on my spelling again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SpySpy wrote:
<quoted text>I find it hard to believe any news today.
The Press has certainly abandoned it's roll as the "Watchdogs of our Democracy", but it's still all we have. Almost every Newspaper is in financial difficulty and has been for a long time, and that's really made a difference in their reporting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
The Press has certainly abandoned it's roll as the "Watchdogs of our Democracy", but it's still all we have. Almost every Newspaper is in financial difficulty and has been for a long time, and that's really made a difference in their reporting.
Around here I get more reliable news from my friends and most of it is never even published in the news. For example a grocery store was robbed a week ago and they never even told the public that a criminal was on the loose with guns in the area I learned about it from a friend.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing the papers would do a lot better if they actually remembered they were suppose to be the "Watch Dogs".As it is they are just "Dogs".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SpySpy wrote:
<quoted text>Around here I get more reliable news from my friends and most of it is never even published in the news. For example a grocery store was robbed a week ago and they never even told the public that a criminal was on the loose with guns in the area I learned about it from a friend.
You can't believe anythng that anybody tells you around here, not even our Public Officials! Can't you tell that from what they post on Topix?
I rest my case!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't believe anythng that anybody tells you around here, not even our Public Officials! Can't you tell that from what they post on Topix?
I rest my case!
Yes I see they would rather bully us then to post something helpful.
Union Lady

Byrdstown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Free Phones by Republicans;

Republicans Seek to Eliminate ‘Obamaphone’ Program
By Bob Cesca
March 14, 2013
The Daily Banter

I’m sure you recall a video that circulated around the tubes before the election of an African American woman who was attending a roadside rally for the Obama campaign. In the video, the woman ranted somewhat incoherently about her apparently free “Obamaphone.” As soon as Drudge plastered her face above his logo, far-right Republican heads began to immediately explode over the notion of “minorities” receiving free phones from the White House as alleged bribes for volunteerism and votes.

The truth is that the Lifeline program has been around since 1984 when, that’s right, "Ronald Reagan" helped to create it. In 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) set up a non-profit outfit called the Universal Service Administrative Company, which receives financial backing via the Universal Service Fund. According to its website, money for the program is contributed entirely by “long distance companies, local telephone companies, wireless telephone companies, paging companies, and payphone providers,” and none of the funding comes from taxpayers via the federal government. The goal of the program is to make sure low income Americans have access to an affordable telephone in case of emergency or for the job search process.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought it was a typo...WILLARD's not the best speller in the world, either. But, what is a "Bodine...unless he meant Jethro Bodine from the Beverly Hillbillies...which would definitely describe you accurately, intelligence-wise!
Actually bodine more describes you. Look it up if you want to know what it means.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge - Live Off The Map [HD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't surf the Internet because I hate looking for anything online or offline. But, I do subscribe to numerous Newspapers, online editions, and numerous Political Magazines and Newsletters, almost all of which I have subscribed to the Print editions for many years.
The Article, telling that, showed up on my Homepage sometime before the Last Election and I posted the Link to the Article, at the time. If I remember correctly, it was also talking about the Investigation into Rupert Murdoch's Scandal and Investigation in Great Britain, of his News Corp.
Nobody disputed it, at the time. I don't quite understand how you know that the Law was voted in under the Previous LIBERAL Administration, yet you say there is no such Law and cited all the Stations that you say, air Fox Fake News. Those things, in your Post, are inconsistent to me. So, did you surf the Internet and look it up right before Posting?
Did you miss the part where he said it was a law that "TRIED" to ban those stations? Considering the way you read what you are responding to, I can understand why you are so mixed up. You can't read ALL of anything.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Notice the dates...
In other words, you were wrong again, as usual.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Union Lady wrote:
Free Phones by Republicans;
Republicans Seek to Eliminate ‘Obamaphone’ Program
By Bob Cesca
March 14, 2013
The Daily Banter
I’m sure you recall a video that circulated around the tubes before the election of an African American woman who was attending a roadside rally for the Obama campaign. In the video, the woman ranted somewhat incoherently about her apparently free “Obamaphone.” As soon as Drudge plastered her face above his logo, far-right Republican heads began to immediately explode over the notion of “minorities” receiving free phones from the White House as alleged bribes for volunteerism and votes.
The truth is that the Lifeline program has been around since 1984 when, that’s right, "Ronald Reagan" helped to create it. In 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) set up a non-profit outfit called the Universal Service Administrative Company, which receives financial backing via the Universal Service Fund. According to its website, money for the program is contributed entirely by “long distance companies, local telephone companies, wireless telephone companies, paging companies, and payphone providers,” and none of the funding comes from taxpayers via the federal government. The goal of the program is to make sure low income Americans have access to an affordable telephone in case of emergency or for the job search process.
I would not neccessarily say "contributed: Collected is usually more the case.

"Pull up your cell phone statement online, or take out your paper landline phone bill. Hidden among the expected federal, state, and local taxes and numerous mystery fees is a line-item titled either the Federal Universal Service Fee or Universal Connectivity Fee. This article will discuss the history of this fee, how this money is spent, the recent attempts to reform the fee, and the implications reform will have on the telecommunications industry.
Click for full size

To understand the origins of this tax, you have to go back to the Communications Act of 1934. One goal of this legislation was to provide universal phone service at a reasonable price to all people of the United States. In the 1930s, only 40% of U.S. households had telephones. To accomplish the goal of universal service, phone companies charged higher long distance rates than needed to spread the financial burden for providing universal service.

It was not until the passing of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 that the funding structure for universal service changed. Phone companies could no longer fund universal service through higher long distance rates. Instead, the act mandated that universal service be paid for by telephone companies in the form of a tax. These collected taxes form the Universal Service Fund (USF) which is overseen by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).

The Telecommunications Act of 1996 does not require telephone companies to bill customers for this tax but permits them to do so. Companies have the option of including this tax in the overall service price, or they can have a lower service price and list the USF charge separately. The majority of companies strategically choose the latter option.

If you have a cell phone, landline, or VoIP line in the United States you pay a percentage of your total bill into the USF every month. This percentage is known as the quarterly USF Contribution Factor. The monthly fee is collected from you by your carrier, forwarded to the USAC, and then the USAC distributes the funds to its four programs:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Understand...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

"The Last Letter: A Message To George W. Bush And Dick Cheney From A Dying Veteran."

Click here:
http://www.truthdig.com/dig/item/the_last_let...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
"The Last Letter: A Message To George W. Bush And Dick Cheney From A Dying Veteran."
Click here:
http://www.truthdig.com/dig/item/the_last_let...
Sassy, Amen to that!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,761 - 65,780 of123,814
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 7 min USUX 106
CONSERVATIVES nailed JESUS to the cross 19 min Larry 3
GINA's Restaurant 22 min lulu spartunburg sc 16
Are Liberals just stupid or are they evil? 22 min Larry 11
Looking for address Sheriff Barns, lawn mower r... 30 min Rob 3
wreck 107 52 min Just saying 8
Cheating 1 hr yea right 5
Greene County Mayor's Race 23 hr Mayor 2018 107
•••