Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,256)

Showing posts 65,101 - 65,120 of139,009
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the eloquent Strawman you've created there, Willard, but it seems you're being intentionally obtuse, as I know you really can't be that ignorant.
Let me articulate this with a figurative crayon...
Conservative men claim that the male posters they are arguing with are actually women or gay men because they are afraid of engaging in a confrontation with another man out of sheer cowardice. They seem more comfortable "attacking" women than other men.
Wow, and to think that you depict liberals as being intellectually deficient. I'll try to use smaller words in the future, as you've shown yourself to be incapable of comprehending larger words, regardless of your arrogant propensity towards using them in your own posts.
You couldn't sufficiently defend my post so you attacked an inaccurate translation of said post. Transparent.
You just described your friend Linda.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Pete, it was a long time ago, in the 70's, but 10% was the Standard Mark-up for many years before that...if fact, through all my growing up years.
And yes it did increase, not too many years after that and has steadily increased since then, according to People that I know in the Business.
But, I'd like to ask you something, if I may...why don't you pay yourself Rent on your Property? Wouldn't that be Tax Deductible, as a Business Expense for your Business, and the extra money beneficial to your Personal Finances. I understand that you would have to pay Personal Income Taxes on it, but wouldn't you still come out a little ahead?
Why Sassy, that is another very good question and a very astute observation. I will be happy to explain.

During a down economy, cash flow is crucial to a business, any business. Yes, we have ample reserves in case of emergencies, but I sleep better at night knowing I can pay my bills even during a recession. During a recession back in the 80's, I didn't have a large amount of reserve funds and needed to improve my cash flow. To help my company out, I simply quit paying myself rent. Yes, my company lost the tax deduction on this rent, but my taxes at that time amounted to about 28% of profits after deductions so not paying rent improved my cash flow by 72% of the cost of the rent. I never went back to paying myself rent because I consider the real estate I own as an investment and don't rely on any income generated off of it. Plus, I knew more recessions would come and decided to keep the company's cash flow very healthy on an on-going basis. This decision is largely based on the fact that I always want to operate as a debt-free company. I could always get a line of credit to help out during slow months, but I am very conservative as you know and don't want to owe anyone anything plus I don't want to incur interest charges.

Also, I am really not saving on taxes by paying myself rent in that when I do this, I have to pay personal income taxes on this payment. So you see, regardless on how I handle the rent, taxes will be owed. This is also a very good example of why I argue sometimes with you regarding taxes in relation to businesses. I don't know how very large, multi-national corporations develop a tax strategy, but it is virtually impossible for company's of my size to avoid paying any type of tax. I know of no loopholes. Yes, I try to save on taxes via charitable deductions, write-offs, certain employee related tax breaks, etc., but I am not one to risk doing anything questionable regarding taxes that could jeopardize my company. The IRS and the State are very good at keeping companies in line these days. I was actually audited a couple of months ago for franchise and use tax, but fortunately, we weren't assessed anything extra and were within all tax guidelines. I also employee a full time CPA to make sure we are operating legally. She does other things as well, but her main role is to keep us operating legitimately.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
Further on gasoline prices...
The Federal Governement's current FIXED tax rate is 18.4% per gallon for gasoline - and 24.4% for diesel.
There is talk in Washington of changing this from a fixed rate to a PERCENTAGE of motor fuel prices. This would let revenues (more money out of your pocket) to rise with fuel costs...and conveiniently camouflage the federal government's bigger bite.
This would allow you and me to gripe and complain about Big Oil - all the while it is government skimming off the top the whole time.
Enjoy.
Great post Nuh.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Handmewns wrote:
Hello all hope you enjoy my post!
Hello Handmewns and welcome.
Dunn

Fulton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

is obama going to take away nascar and guns? I hope raistlings safe, yall gone 'at haslam thang?

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for this Post, but it is my honest observation, IN MY AREA...not necessarily everywhere! I've only lived here, since I became Single, so I wouldn't have noticed or cared when I lived somewhere else.
That's not what you told me. You said that you and your husband split when you lived in Maryland.
THOMIS ID 7784903

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

im looking for a lady to hook up with when i get out.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever thought about that the Gov't has to pay more for it's supplies, everything from Office Supplies to Fuel for our Airplanes...just like we do, and to pay those increased prices, it has to have more Tax Money?
So, my answer would be that it's the Hugely Over-inflated Salaries of the Big Corporations' and Businesses' Upper Mgmt. that the Gov't. makes purchases from...and in some cases, also subsidizes (Big Oil) that is the "Root" cause of those increased Taxes.
And have you ever thought that when a company has to pay higher wages due to Unions or minimum wage, etc., they will raise the price of their product to cover the extra expense and maintain their profit level? This, in turn makes everyone want more money because the cost of living just went up and the cycle begins again.
TOMIS ID 77849

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

anyone?
Dunn

Fulton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

that makes cents then, if everybody stays at minimum wage and then they wont raise them prices then. they maintained there profits then the cycle ends and the conomy fixed, yall gone at haslam thang?
roxy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Wat Tomis,Thomis,wth u goin on about?
roxy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Im bout tired of u actin like a gd dumbfuckin ass prick.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I shortened your post not out of any malice for your other comments - but for brevity. You ask a VERY GOOD question!
The answer is....NEITHER!
The talk is among the plethora of UNELECTED bureaucrats that are on the various staffs of a great many government agencies. They are NOT answerable to you, me, or any other American. They serve....well, whomever lobby that pays the most - basically, whomever has the biggest pocketbook.
They do NOT ha've the best interest of the country in mind - nore do they have any interest but their own in mind.
CAREFUL a free man - or in your case, woman must be. This government is so big that neither Congress nor 'the most powerful man in the world, can adequately control it.
This is like the TSA and The FMCSA which controls the Transportation in this country. They constantly change "Regulations" at will, as do most Government agencies. They do not need Congress to place more restrictions on the public.

An example came a few of years ago when the Secretary of Transportation, in a simple press conference, announced that Commercial vehicle drivers could no longer use handheld electronic communication devices while driving. This was before any national law was passed regarding texting or talking on cell phone while driving. At that time I think only a couple of States had even addressed it.

Big Government will get our freedoms, one way or another if we continue to let them.
roxy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

U mofo sofb.thats too gd far mofo
The Shadow Knows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Some days it seems as though NTMD8OR is the only person on here that uses common sense and logic.
The Shadow Knows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

I recall her mentioning Maryland in one of her long winded life story posts once.
roxy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

The Shadow Knows wrote:
Some days it seems as though NTMD8OR is the only person on here that uses common sense and logic.
some days it seems as tho u a lyin ass mofo bastard too
Burrito Sueve

Dresden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

I agree NTMD8OR is wise...I enjoy his fresh outlook on the crisis of our world.
The Shadow Knows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Did your brother leave you at the motel alone again Roxy?

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Another reason to NOT vote Liberal. This Democratic Senator thinks it is "Legal to hunt humans"

"The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down."

Dianne Feinstein at Senate Judiciary Hearing on gun control.

This guy has an interesting reaction.LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,101 - 65,120 of139,009
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••