Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,203)

Showing posts 64,041 - 64,060 of123,618
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, get back with me around October 31st!:)
It will be here. As for Linda she clearly doesn't use it to hold brains so since its an extra large head, and based on your post you have lots of brains, it should be a perfect avatar. Lol.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Myth 1: Hiking wages for those at the lowest rung of the job market will boost the economy.

The truth is, there simply aren't that many people earning the minimum wage. In 1979, almost 14% of hourly-paid workers earned the federal minimum wage. Today, according to the BLS, just around 4% of hourly-paid workers earn it. In 2012, just 1.6 million employees were paid the minimum wage.

Myth 2: Minimum Wage Workers Are Poor

Even if the number of minimum wage workers is small, at least a mandated wage hike would boost the fortunes of the lowest-income Americans, it is argued. The problem with this argument is that most minimum wage workers aren't poor.

A recent study looked at those who would benefit from an increase in the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $9.50, comparable to the level proposed by President Obama. Just over 11% of workers who would gain from an increase live in poor households. Over 63% of the workers who would gain are second or third earners in families making well over the federal poverty line. 43% of workers who would benefit live in households with income over $50,000 a year.

The simple truth is that most minimum wage workers are teens, young adults just starting in the labor force and spouses providing a second income to a household.

Myth 3: Minimum Wage Workers Are Supporting a Family

The most emotional appeal for increasing the minimum wage is the picture of a family struggling to get by on a minimum wage job.

According to BLS, about half of those earning the minimum wage are under 25. A recent study by Dr. Bradley Schiller, professor emeritus at American University, found that among families where an adult was earning the minimum wage, 94% had a spouse who was also employed, often far above the minimum wage. In almost half of these families, the spouse was earning over $40,000 a year.

Myth 4: A federally mandated wage hike is the only way minimum wage workers get a raise

Minimum wage hike supporters often talk about workers "stuck" in minimum wage jobs. To many politicians, the only way a minimum wage worker gets a raise is through legislative action.

Research, fortunately, shows a different picture. Nearly two-thirds of all minimum wage earners receive a raise with the first 1-12 months on the job. This is consistent with what we anecdotally know about minimum wage jobs; they are "first jobs." They are entry-level job, providing many workers with their first job experience. As they gain experience and skills, employers will increase their pay to retain their better-skilled employees.

Myth 5: A mandated wage hike is the best way to improve income for minimum wage workers who are poor

The number of minimum wage workers who are poor and struggling to raise a family is thankfully very small. That said, some number of these workers do exist. Even if there are negative consequences elsewhere, at least these few would see a benefit, right? In short, no.

Low-income households receive a refundable tax credit, the amount of which is based on their other income. It acts as a guarantee of minimum income, rather than a minimum wage.

As a worker's wages rise, the amount of EITC they can claim goes down. Their wages may go up, but the overall amount of household income they have may stay the same.

We have to begin any discussion of raising the minimum wage with a basic question of what it is we are trying to do. If our goal is to help those few workers who are trying to raise a family on the minimum wage, a federally mandated increase may be the worst thing we can do.
BC Resident

Camden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning Willard and Really Sassy. I see you are holding the fort down well today.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be here. As for Linda she clearly doesn't use it to hold brains so since its an extra large head, and based on your post you have lots of brains, it should be a perfect avatar. Lol.
I gotta' be honest here, I staggered to my station this morning, coffee in hand and almost "RAN" when this "thing" came up on the screen! LMAO!!! For a brief moment I considered the possibility of a complete nervous break-down during the night and envisioned you, already institutionalized, acting-out the personage that drove you to insanity. Whew! I'm so glad you're....ok? LMAO!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>God, I hate these decisions! I could get the head..but there's always the feet? And what about them nubs, do you have the nubs? I think the nubs are way cool, but now them bloomers.....well, that's another strange thing. I heard that the puppy slept on the bloomers and was found dead the next morning! Sooo...I'm just not sure yet!
I have tidbits of a faux silk blouse available but now the extra large head comes complete with, pardon the pun, two well stretched holes. Clean your mind up folks it's from wearing bad ear rings. Lol.

For a limited time I have a midriff avatar but it's a special edition. You can flip the pants around and wear them either way because of the shape.

Lots of selections, so difficult to decide.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

The Democratic Party has taken a hard line on guns recently, with President Obama’s strategist, David Axelrod, joining New York mayor Michael Bloomberg in backing gun control enthusiast Robin Kelly over former Rep. Debbie Halvorson, who has an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association, in the recent primary to replace former Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. of Illinois. Kelly has promised to be a “leader” in “banning guns.”

Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), a member of the Democratic Party’s leadership in the House of Representatives, suggested that plans for an assault weapons ban and private-sales background checks were only the beginning of a broader gun control agenda.

“We want everything on the table,” Schakowsky told Mattera.“This is a moment of opportunity. There’s no question about it.”(Don't let a crisis go to waste and all that)

"We’re on a roll now, and I think we’ve got to take the--you know, we’re gonna push as hard as we can and as far as we can. I’m against handguns. We have, in Illinois, the Council Against Handgun... something [Violence]. Yeah, I’m a member of that. So, absolutely."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

BC Resident wrote:
Good Morning Willard and Really Sassy. I see you are holding the fort down well today.
Good morning, it's always good to hear from you. I'm pretty sick of Really Sassy at this point. Without even bothering to ask me, she posted an avatar reminiscent of most of my high-school dates...and I resent the morbid hell out of it! She should understand those tender years can be painful!!!!Lol.

How are you this morning?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>I gotta' be honest here, I staggered to my station this morning, coffee in hand and almost "RAN" when this "thing" came up on the screen! LMAO!!! For a brief moment I considered the possibility of a complete nervous break-down during the night and envisioned you, already institutionalized, acting-out the personage that drove you to insanity. Whew! I'm so glad you're....ok? LMAO!
Lol. I made it one more day. I think it's gonna be a brighter day already.

Hello BC. I hope you are doing well dear.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

FoodStamp President Obama.

46,609,072 People on Food Stamps in 2012 - the most in history.

We spend a trillion dollars each year on federal poverty programs. That’s more than the budget for Social Security or Defense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
The Democratic Party has taken a hard line on guns recently, with President Obama’s strategist, David Axelrod, joining New York mayor Michael Bloomberg in backing gun control enthusiast Robin Kelly over former Rep. Debbie Halvorson, who has an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association, in the recent primary to replace former Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. of Illinois. Kelly has promised to be a “leader” in “banning guns.”
Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), a member of the Democratic Party’s leadership in the House of Representatives, suggested that plans for an assault weapons ban and private-sales background checks were only the beginning of a broader gun control agenda.
“We want everything on the table,” Schakowsky told Mattera.“This is a moment of opportunity. There’s no question about it.”(Don't let a crisis go to waste and all that)
"We’re on a roll now, and I think we’ve got to take the--you know, we’re gonna push as hard as we can and as far as we can. I’m against handguns. We have, in Illinois, the Council Against Handgun... something [Violence]. Yeah, I’m a member of that. So, absolutely."
Yes, Liberals are here to "SAVE US" from prosperity, freedom, budgets, economic solvency, food on our tables, private property, the U.S. Constitution, decent schools free from LGBT brainwashing, common sense, large soda's, our right to bear arms, our right to bear donuts...and the American Dream.

Yeah, where do we form the line to properly thank these dumb-asses?

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Another Democrat bites the dust...

The jury has spoken in the federal corruption trial of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick (D), and they said he’s guilty of the most important charge: racketeering.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/03/11/kilpat...
Very Credible

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Well he got caught
BC Resident

Camden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I made it one more day. I think it's gonna be a brighter day already.
Hello BC. I hope you are doing well dear.
I made it one more day also. Even got the courage to cook a big roast today. But I am tired of this cold wind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

BC Resident wrote:
<quoted text>I made it one more day also. Even got the courage to cook a big roast today. But I am tired of this cold wind.
Sounds yummy. Toss in some new potatoes, onions and carrots and I'll be over for lunch. The wind is a bit strong and cool today. I'm ready for summer, sun and drinks by the pool.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen Gabby Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly using the emotion that comes from her 2011 shooting in Tuscon, Arizona to demand “something needs to be done” to stop “gun violence,” and that something (according to Mark Kelly) is the ban of “assault weapons.”

He has testified to that effect before the U.S. Senate, as well as in Colorado. However, it appears that Mark Kelly is another shining example of the belief of the civilian disarmament folks that the same logic they use to try and disarm the general population doesn’t apply to themselves.

Kelly recently bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at a gun store in Tucson, Arizona....witnesses to the purchases claimed Kelly purchased “high capacity” magazines as well.

Since: Jul 10

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen Gabby Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly using the emotion that comes from her 2011 shooting in Tuscon, Arizona to demand “something needs to be done” to stop “gun violence,” and that something (according to Mark Kelly) is the ban of “assault weapons.”
He has testified to that effect before the U.S. Senate, as well as in Colorado. However, it appears that Mark Kelly is another shining example of the belief of the civilian disarmament folks that the same logic they use to try and disarm the general population doesn’t apply to themselves.
Kelly recently bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at a gun store in Tucson, Arizona....witnesses to the purchases claimed Kelly purchased “high capacity” magazines as well.
Doesn`t surprise me one bit. Demoncrats hate personal rights of Americans but they want their rights. After this country falls into the ditch for good history will tell the tale of how the communist of the demoncrat party was the reason for the down fall.
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

"Dwindling Deficit Disorder."

Click here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/opinion/kru...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn`t surprise me one bit. Demoncrats hate personal rights of Americans but they want their rights. After this country falls into the ditch for good history will tell the tale of how the communist of the demoncrat party was the reason for the down fall.
A little dramatic, don't you think, Mr. McCarthy?
BC Resident

Camden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds yummy. Toss in some new potatoes, onions and carrots and I'll be over for lunch. The wind is a bit strong and cool today. I'm ready for summer, sun and drinks by the pool.
I had already added taters, onions and carrots. Roast is done. I guess you didn't stop at the right house for lunch. I should have given you better directions. This summer we will have fish and hush puppies. How about that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

BC Resident wrote:
<quoted text>I had already added taters, onions and carrots. Roast is done. I guess you didn't stop at the right house for lunch. I should have given you better directions. This summer we will have fish and hush puppies. How about that?
That sounds like a winner to me. I love home made hush puppies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,041 - 64,060 of123,618
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

115 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 12 min mayorofavondale 58,316
A Great Big Fck You 16 min all knowing 85
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 17 min FriendofDog 29
Preston Pitts a.k.a Jason Miller (scammer) (Mar '13) 19 min cory johnson 23
We need this man as our President 24 min Phil_is_Right 23
I love this forum because?????? 30 min nope 219
WHAT R ALL U Silent Viewers Reading??? 59 min Pssst 50
Greene County Clerk Race 2 hr hmmm 107
Greene County Mayor's Race 3 hr Lazy 83
•••
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating