Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,192)

Showing posts 63,821 - 63,840 of124,407
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Did anyone see that documentary I had put up before"The Great Pension Fund Hoax-Corporation Nation"
They were showing the city,state,and county pension records where the amounts that workers were putting in and taxpayer money going in and the government basically having mega stocks in the top companies and stocks in other countries.
We are talking big time stock.Enough to be in control of these corporations, the controling factor to place in CEOs.
According to this the government has income to pay off the debt.
Had any one else seen this.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

I just don't remember wanting a big discout store with cheap stuff.There were only Dept Stores when my kids were small.
I am sick of cheap stuff.It's actually not cheap because you have to keep buying things cause they are garbage and they break or work half ass like one part of your toast is toasted and part two is not.Or toaster number 1 the toast kept popping up.
My mom's old toastmaster was 18yrs old and still going strong. Maytag Wringer washer over20yrs old.It was still working fine but it was time I guess for the automatic.
My folks built their home in 1956 and bought a new stove and frig.The house was sold in 1995 still had the same old stuff and working fine.
so are we saving anything?
So is it really cheap?

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I will probably get blasted from some of the far left posters on here, but some of the reasons jobs get outsourced are as follows:
The U.S. has the EPA, China and Mexico don't
The U.S. has OSHA, China and Mexico don't
The U.S. has unions, China and Mexico don't
The U.S. has workman's comp, unemployment costs, China and Mexico don't.
The U.S. has various employment taxes levied on employers in addition to wages, China and Mexico don't.
I agree, most of these things that get levied on employers help the environment, workers' safety, etc., but they also add huge costs to every business and corporation.
But the real reason jobs get outsourced is because the American consumer only wants to pay the lowest price. Low priced goods sell. Higher priced goods don't. We, as consumers, force businesses and corporations to seek ways to lower costs. Place a Chinese made good right beside an American made good that costs 15% more and the Chinese good will outsell the American made good 95% of the time. I see this every day.
This country is now a service based country instead of a manufacturing based country. That means manual labor jobs will decrease, but white collar jobs will increase. If you want higher wages, then our workforce will have to obtain some skills that are in demand by a service based nation. White collar wages have increased dramatically. Professional job wages have increased dramatically. Blue collar job wages haven't increased a whole lot because of lower demand and immigration. A government can help with the immigration part of this, but can't do one thing about anything else nor should they. There is plenty of opportunity in this country for a higher paying job, but you have to take the initiative to go acquire the skills necessary for these higher paying jobs. You can't drop out of school, do drugs, live your life irresponsibly, start having kids at 16, etc. and expect the government to do something to ensure you make a decent living. That is not the government's responsibility nor the taxpayers who do make the right choices.
And all this talk about the greedy wealthy taking away from the poor, that is utter nonsense. This may sound harsh, but what do the poor have that the wealthy want to take away? The wealthy would rather have no one be poor in this country so that our government won't increase their taxes to take care of them. Some may say, "then they should pay higher wages." The answer to this is that they will pay what the market will bear and for the skills that are needed. Paying anything more would increase costs to the point their products won't sell. Paying less won't attract the talent needed to produce a decent yield.
The bottom line is if the American consumer would buy only U.S. made goods, there wouldn't be any outsourcing. However, in this country, people have actually killed to save a buck, so this probably won't change. The moral of the story is to get as good of an education as you can get and pair that with a lot of initiative. Only that will get you higher wages. Depending on the government will only doom you to a sub-standard living.
One other thing to add Pete. NAFTA.. Goods from China come into the US through Mexican ports. I wonder how come that is? We have ports but China ships into Mexico. Jobs were already going south before NAFTA but look where they are now?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

What does one say about this?
Kid suspended from school for a strawberry tart that he was trying to bite into a mountain shape but it ended up looking like a gun.
The school is now offering counselling for the kids that were upset over this.
http://www.no morefakenews
Have we gone into the twilight zone.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Talk about dumb criminals.

Applebee's waitress asks patron for ID, gets own stolen driver's license in return

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/applebee...
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

sock in gov

Seymour, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Frank Solomon

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

US farmers flood fields with dangerous poison to fight Monsanto superweeds

by Jon Rappoport

February 25, 2013

You’re a farmer. Season after season, you watch your fields being taken over by Monsanto superweeds, which are resistant to the herbicide Roundup.

What are you going to do? You’re locked in. You’re buying your GMO seeds from Monsanto, and the food crops that grow from those seeds are supposed to be resistant to Monsanto’s Roundup, so that’s what you spray on your crops.

But the weeds aren’t resistant. They spread and they grow taller. They’re taking over.

So you, along with many, many other US farmers, go to a strategy called “burndown,” which is just as bad as it sounds. You use something a lot stronger than Roundup to kill those weeds: Paraquat, for example, which has been banned in 32 countries.

You drench your fields with it in the fall. You kill anything growing. And you drench the fields again in the spring, before you plant. Then, just as you’re going to plant, you hit the fields a third time with the poison.

This is in addition to all the sprayings with Roundup, which is toxic, too.

Then you harvest the crops and you sell them. And consumers eat the food along with all the poison.

Tom Philpot, writing in Mother Jones (Feb.6), reports the alarming stats on the superweed takeover of US farmland. As of 2012, almost 50% of US farms had superweeds. In 2011, it was 34%. In Georgia, it’s now 92%. read more: http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I will probably get blasted from some of the far left posters on here, but some of the reasons jobs get outsourced are as follows:
The U.S. has various employment taxes levied on employers in addition to wages, China and Mexico don't.
I agree, most of these things that get levied on employers help the environment, workers' safety, etc., but they also add huge costs to every business and corporation.
But the real reason jobs get outsourced is because the American consumer only wants to pay the lowest price. Low priced goods sell. Higher priced goods don't. We, as consumers, force businesses and corporations to seek ways to lower costs. Place a Chinese made good right beside an American made good that costs 15% more and the Chinese good will outsell the American made good 95% of the time. I see this every day.
This country is now a service based country instead of a manufacturing based country. That means manual labor jobs will decrease, but white collar jobs will increase. If you want higher wages, then our workforce will have to obtain some skills that are in demand by a service based nation. White collar wages have increased dramatically. Professional job wages have increased dramatically. Blue collar job wages haven't increased a whole lot because of lower demand and immigration. A government can help with the immigration part of this, but can't do one thing about anything else nor should they. There is plenty of opportunity in this country for a higher paying job, but you have to take the initiative to go acquire the skills necessary for these higher paying jobs. You can't drop out of school, do drugs, live your life irresponsibly, start having kids at 16, etc. and expect the government to do something to ensure you make a decent living. That is not the government's responsibility nor the taxpayers who do make the right choices.
And all this talk about the greedy wealthy taking away from the poor, that is utter nonsense. This may sound harsh, but what do the poor have that the wealthy want to take away? The wealthy would rather have no one be poor in this country so that our government won't increase their taxes to take care of them. Some may say, "then they should pay higher wages." The answer to this is that they will pay what the market will bear and for the skills that are needed. Paying anything more would increase costs to the point their products won't sell. Paying less won't attract the talent needed to produce a decent yield.
The bottom line is if the American consumer would buy only U.S. made goods, there wouldn't be any outsourcing. However, in this country, people have actually killed to save a buck, so this probably won't change. The moral of the story is to get as good of an education as you can get and pair that with a lot of initiative. Only that will get you higher wages. Depending on the government will only doom you to a sub-standard living.
Pete, I believe the real reason jobs get outsourced is because CEO's, even some small business owners(soon to become big business owners) can make more money faster........then the American consumer will buy products at the lowest price.
Just look at the way Germany handles Unions, environment issues, CEO pay........you will see that the vast majority of Germans are middle class, with a very small amount that are ultra rich and a very small amount that are dirt poor.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Our country once had a policy of trying to uplift the world to our standard of living. Somewhere along the line that policy was so corrupted that we are now engaged in lowering our standard of living to "compete" with third world cheap labor countries.
I didn't work for others long before going into business for myself, but when I did, raises were given at least once a year, everyone got a week of paid vacation after a year, and two after 5 years. Health insurance costs were paid by the employer, and there were few co-pays. Employers provided defined benefit pensions which vested in 10 to 15 years. Every red letter day was a paid holiday, there was no Sunday work, and a few paid sick days came with the job. Before you assume otherwise...no there was no union...I have never worked anywhere with a union. These policies were required if an employer wanted to attract good competent help, and I offered them to my employees LONG after others found they could get help without them.....I still provide some, but sadly I could not afford to provide all of them, and remain in business. An American worker couldn't get rich working for others but if you were careful, you could own a modest home, a nice vehicle, raise a couple of kids, save a little and retire without "government" help.
How far we have fallen.
Our elected 'representatives" have placed the American worker at an unfair disadvantage by placing him/her in competition with third world countries and provided NOTHING in these trade agreements to level the playing field. The lowering of the American staqndard of living began with these agreements. Our response ? Blame unions, blame American workers, blame government regulations that protect workers and the environment. Blame the minimum wage law, workers comp requirements, OSHA, blame the American consumer, and glorify the multi-nationals and their overpaid CEOs who support the very agreements that have so damaged the USA. They have us just where they want us, blaming each other as they laugh all the way to the bank and we get a ride on a rail to the poorhouse.
I believe every one of the "free trade" agreements should be nullified, and each one should be renegotiated to protect what is left of the American dream, level the playing field, and stop the madness of further lowering our standard of living to enrich a select few.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

SpySpy wrote:
by Jon Rappoport
February 25, 2013
You’re a farmer. Season after season, you watch your fields being taken over by Monsanto superweeds, which are resistant to the herbicide Roundup.
What are you going to do? You’re locked in. You’re buying your GMO seeds from Monsanto, and the food crops that grow from those seeds are supposed to be resistant to Monsanto’s Roundup, so that’s what you spray on your crops.
But the weeds aren’t resistant. They spread and they grow taller. They’re taking over.
So you, along with many, many other US farmers, go to a strategy called “burndown,” which is just as bad as it sounds. You use something a lot stronger than Roundup to kill those weeds: Paraquat, for example, which has been banned in 32 countries.
You drench your fields with it in the fall. You kill anything growing. And you drench the fields again in the spring, before you plant. Then, just as you’re going to plant, you hit the fields a third time with the poison.
This is in addition to all the sprayings with Roundup, which is toxic, too.
Then you harvest the crops and you sell them. And consumers eat the food along with all the poison.
Tom Philpot, writing in Mother Jones (Feb.6), reports the alarming stats on the superweed takeover of US farmland. As of 2012, almost 50% of US farms had superweeds. In 2011, it was 34%. In Georgia, it’s now 92%. read more: http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/...
Some of the problem with so called "super weeds" is the fault of farmers that use the same fields to plant "Roundup Ready' crops on, year after year after year. Weeds soon become resistant if subjected to Roundup repeatedly over a long period of time.
This is the same problem we are having with antibiotic resistance, and again, it is the result of overuse.
These super weeds will now spread to the fields of farmers that have not overused Roundup....so the bad actors made more money and those who used these products prudently....pay the price.
Old fashioned cultivation would go a long way toward limiting the super weed outbreak, but cultivation cuts deeply into the bottom line, so I doubt there will be much of that....instead farmers are probably waiting for the next generation of GM seeds and the next generation of Roundup....a vicious cycle is beginning. One that is sure to make Monsanto richer and the next generation of resistant weeds even tougher to kill.
I am not sure of the safety of the genetically modified seed now being used...and I have even less confidence of the safety of next generation ones, since I suspect they will be rushed to the market to address the super weed outbreak....we may be creating a monster, but one way or the other Monsanto will make money...and in today's America money may not be everything but it is way ahead of whatever is in second place.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

I think it's mother natures punishment for messing with her natural ways.
I say...WAY TO GO SUPER WEEDS
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know you can't help the way you affect people!
I can solve my problem with a shot of brandy, you'll still be stupid!
Willard, I believe one time you said you were a Preacher or something like that.......anyway, I was just wondering if you knew this Preacher Jerry Laynes right here in Sequatchie County just outside of Dunlap, Tn., on Hwy 28;
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Both of you seem to have soooo much in common!
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, I believe the real reason jobs get outsourced is because CEO's, even some small business owners(soon to become big business owners) can make more money faster........then the American consumer will buy products at the lowest price.
Just look at the way Germany handles Unions, environment issues, CEO pay........you will see that the vast majority of Germans are middle class, with a very small amount that are ultra rich and a very small amount that are dirt poor.
The only response I will give on this is to simply say I couldn't disagree more. BTW, 98% of all German companies are small businesses and hire 80% of the workforce. Small businesses don't do a lot of outsourcing. Also, Germany actually invests in small businesses as opposed to placing a heavy tax burden on them.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Hey wrote:
Did anyone see that documentary I had put up before"The Great Pension Fund Hoax-Corporation Nation"
They were showing the city,state,and county pension records where the amounts that workers were putting in and taxpayer money going in and the government basically having mega stocks in the top companies and stocks in other countries.
We are talking big time stock.Enough to be in control of these corporations, the controling factor to place in CEOs.
According to this the government has income to pay off the debt.
Had any one else seen this.
Sorry Hey, I missed it......but if you put it up again, I'll be sure to look at it.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
I think it's mother natures punishment for messing with her natural ways.
I say...WAY TO GO SUPER WEEDS
This is nature's ability to adapt to adverse conditions at work. Like cactus growing in a desert, or tiny deer adapted to small barrier islands.
Modern farming methods have allowed massive amounts of food to be grown by comparitavely few farmers. Unfortunately some have decided to cash in NOW and to heck with tomorrow. Roundup is a fairly safe chemical as chemical weed killers go...but overuse and poor farming practices can and at times do cause unintended and dangerous consequences. Super weeds will now infect fields of farmers that did not engage in overuse...and they will have to deal with the mess they did not help to create. Where is the incentive for those farmers to act prudently in the future ? There isn't one....in fact, the opposite is true.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Roundup is killing the bees.
But never fear Monsantos to the rescue.
FRANKEN BEES
PaTENT # 2457842149
MONSANTO...BEYOND GOD

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Amen. I have been wanting to say something along those lines for a long time. But you put it so much better than I could.
BEND OVER, Pucker up, AND LET ME KISS IT!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

When we end up tumor ravaged, as the lab rats in the French study show,what's next from Monsanto, FRANKEN FOLKS?
This company is EVIL.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
When we end up tumor ravaged, as the lab rats in the French study show,what's next from Monsanto, FRANKEN FOLKS?
This company is EVIL.
Why that's Capitalism at it's finest...you know, what you've been advocating and fighting for tooth and toenail? You want it...you got a taste of it...and NOW, you're bit*ching about it! Letting the Wealthy and Powerful Corporations have Unlimited Rule isn't the Picnic that you've been preaching it is, now is it???
Call your Teapublican Congressman and Bit*h to him/her...I don't want to read your whining and crying about where you went wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 63,821 - 63,840 of124,407
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

148 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 4 min The Ulimate Troll 388
What is most annoying about the trolls? 6 min Se7en187 35
Appalachian Trail 6 min BoBo 2
greeneville arson cases 36 min craig 1
Days of old 37 min David 2
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 39 min land owner 8,501
Cheating 44 min Cheese 40
Why are so many posts disappearing? 2 hr Desperate on Dogwood 31
Greene County Clerk Race 6 hr Crazy 139