On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

One thing Obama will go down in history for. He has to be the only President that spent both terms campaigning. He is still in campaign mode. I am sure now his only concern is trying to get more Democrats elected to the House and Senate in 2014. If he succeeds, this country is doomed. It almost is already.
dont believe everything

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama Approval Rating Reaches 3-Year High In Bloomberg Poll
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/...
I suppose if there was a poll that stated people believed in purple or pink unicorns and the Easter Bunny you would believe it also?
ice

Moskovskaya, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

dont believe everything wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose if there was a poll that stated people believed in purple or pink unicorns and the Easter Bunny you would believe it also?
You trying to say there isn't any?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

With people like Obama and Shelia in office it's clear why the country is in the current shape it's in. Please enjoy a few words of wisdom direct from the horses mouth. It's simply priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Well put

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>As usual you want to only report part of any story. Which makes anything you post suspect.
Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee said Monday that she voted against the Violence Against Women Act because it protected “other different groups.”
During an appearance on MSNBC, Blackburn said the Violence Against Women Act had become “diluted” and “unfocused” due to new provisions added to the bill.
“I didn’t like the way it was expanded to include other different groups,” she explained.“What you need is something that is focused specifically to help these shelters and to help our law enforcement, who is trying to work with the crimes that have been committed against women and helping them to stand up.”
Though Blackburn supported House versions of the Violence Against Women Act, she voted against the more inclusive Senate version.
The Senate’s version of the Violence Against Women Act included new protections for Native Americans, LGBT individuals, and undocumented immigrants.
In particular, it allowed tribal courts to prosecute non-tribal individuals accused of domestic and sexual crimes that occurred on tribal land, removed barriers that prevented LGBT victims from accessing services, and provided additional temporary visas to abused undocumented immigrations.
The legislation was originally enacted in 1994 and easily renewed with bipartisan support twice since. But opposition to the new protections caused the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act to die in the Republican-led House last year.
Facing increasing pressure, the House approved the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act by a 286-138 vote last month.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/04/republi...
DO YOU KNOW WHY??? ALL THE REPUBS WANTED WAS TO ADD EVERYONE IN-NOT JUST WOMEN/GAYS.. STRAIGHT MEN HAVE LIL TO NO RIGHTS!!! STRAIGHT WHITE MEN HAVE NO RIGHTS.. I HAVE BEEN A RELUCTANT REPUB. FOR YEARS..THIS IS ONE OF THE VERY FEW THINGS THEY HAVE HAD A BIT OF BACKBONE ON.....ALOT OF MEN ARE ABUSE EVERYDAY . BUT ALL A WOMAN HAS TO DO IS ACCUSE...THEN ITS THE MAN ASSSS. GAYS RUNNING AROUND CRYIN TO GET HITCHED AND THERE RIGHTS.. WELL HOW ABOUT DAYS OF EQUAL RIGHTS?? I WASNT ALIVE IN THE 1860s or 1960s..Im not in the klan-
LET GAYS GET MARRIED. BUT LET EVERYONE BE EQUAL.. LETS HAVE A SAME.SEX SEX HARASSMENT LAW TOO.. HOW BOUT DRAMA BEING OUTLAWED.. WE HAVE GOT SOME OF THE LOWEST SCUM BAG ANTI.WORKER REPUBS IN THE COUNTRY HERE IN TENN.. GOVERNOR/BOTH SENATORS THE SUCKK--THAT-BIG BUSINESS/BOUGHT AND.PAID 4.WHEN THE.CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND THE 'WORKFORCE DEV.'IS IN THE SAME BUILDING IN ALOT OF COUNTIES--I CAN'T JUSTIFY THAT(LOL)SO I will give the left wingers that.
(I LEAN TO THE RIGHT ON AVG./HARD RIGHT ON A FEW THINGS AND LIKE ED SHULTZ,ALSO.LIKE LIMBAUGH AND ALEX JONES)Im not sayin im died hard repub.But the dems have lost me with the global warming antigun .etc ,.ALOT OF THESE GUYS ARE JUST PRO*BIG*BUSINESS HACKS IN TENN... BUT THERE IS NO EXCUSE IN 2013 NOT TO HAVE ******EQUAL******RIGHTS FOR ALL PEOPLE- WHATS GOOD FOR ONE GROUP SHOULD BE GOOD FOR ALL... THERE HAVE BEEN TO MANY PEOPLE DIED FOR NOTHING - TO LET THE BE 2nd and 3rd CLASS CITIZENS IN THIS COUNTRY IN THE 13th year of the 21st century..
Well put

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

IS IT THERE IS JUST NO COMMOM SENSE TO BE USED TODAY-? IF ONE SIDE WAS FOR SOMETHING THE OTHER SIDE WOULD SAY NO TO COMMON SENSE.. NO WONDER ARE COUNTRY IS IN THE SHAPE ITS IN.. BOTHSIDES DONT WANT US TO HAVE/AND DESTROIED ARE BILL OF RIGHTS.. BUT LOVE TO TAKE AND CHIP AWAY AT WHATS LEFT- GIVE RIGHTS TO SPECIAL GROUPS.**WHERES THE EQUAL RIGHTS?** IM GOIN TO TRY TO HIDE NOW. BEFORE IM LABEL A NUT FOR BEING IN THE MIDDLE AND WANTIN FREEDOM. TO BE BRAVE ENOUGH SAY IT IS NOT BUSH OR OBAMASFAULT-ITS JUST THE System of pittin people against each other. Cant we all just get along.. LMAO -Im under the covers now.

coast2coast am is on. LOL
Peakaboo

Barnaul, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Well put wrote:
IS IT THERE IS JUST NO COMMOM SENSE TO BE USED TODAY-? IF ONE SIDE WAS FOR SOMETHING THE OTHER SIDE WOULD SAY NO TO COMMON SENSE.. NO WONDER ARE COUNTRY IS IN THE SHAPE ITS IN.. BOTHSIDES DONT WANT US TO HAVE/AND DESTROIED ARE BILL OF RIGHTS.. BUT LOVE TO TAKE AND CHIP AWAY AT WHATS LEFT- GIVE RIGHTS TO SPECIAL GROUPS.**WHERES THE EQUAL RIGHTS?** IM GOIN TO TRY TO HIDE NOW. BEFORE IM LABEL A NUT FOR BEING IN THE MIDDLE AND WANTIN FREEDOM. TO BE BRAVE ENOUGH SAY IT IS NOT BUSH OR OBAMASFAULT-ITS JUST THE System of pittin people against each other. Cant we all just get along.. LMAO -Im under the covers now.
coast2coast am is on. LOL
you sound confused?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You post as if you are part of the 1%. You are not. Accept this.
OA, its odd how all these TeaBaggers, Conservatives, Republicans on this thread "Think" they are part of the 1%........even in their wildest dreams they still think that. They will not accept that they are not, but they will always go to bat for the 1%.
RRT

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>OA, its odd how all these TeaBaggers, Conservatives, Republicans on this thread "Think" they are part of the 1%........even in their wildest dreams they still think that. They will not accept that they are not, but they will always go to bat for the 1%.
do you go to bat?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

RRT wrote:
<quoted text>do you go to bat?
.......I have gone to bat for our Country.
RRT

Kazakhstan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>.......I have gone to bat for our Country.
How you figure that?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

RRT wrote:
<quoted text> How you figure that?
Vietnam!
Now how about you?
Well put

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

LOL . WHY DO KNOWN GAYSLURS-GET THROWN BY THE LEFT AS A SLUR TOWARD STRAIGHT MEN IN THE MIDDLE AND ON THE RIGHT-WITH THE INTENT OF PAINTING FAG* ON TO A STR. MAN -And COMING FROM THE SIDE THAT SAYS GAY IS OK-BUT GAY BASH A STR MAN IN A SLANDERING WAY.. You person;;; is WHATS wrong today in this country. As soon I was.rank and file dem. I WAS DONE IN YOUR MIND.. People like you keep the repubs. goin.. cause the dnc was hijacked by you commies and faags, anti everything crowd and put people voting aGainst there on interest cause pukes like you.. did you even read my entire post?
RRT

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Vietnam!
Now how about you?
I was in Canada.
Well put

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

RRT wrote:
<quoted text> How you figure that?
WELL HE MAY BE MAD CAUSE HE MILKIN THE.G.I. BILL.WHEN THE WAR BROKE OUT AND HAD TO BE A SOLDIERS IN STEAD OF A STUDENT WE ACCESS TO NAKED MEN IN THE SHOWERA TO.LOOK AT.. HE KNOWS ABOUT TEA BAGGING. READ ABOVE POST . lol thats how you talk. get a life
tiffis

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

youtube.com/watch... ……
what? Vote Putin

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Well put wrote:
LOL . WHY DO KNOWN GAYSLURS-GET THROWN BY THE LEFT AS A SLUR TOWARD STRAIGHT MEN IN THE MIDDLE AND ON THE RIGHT-WITH THE INTENT OF PAINTING FAG* ON TO A STR. MAN -And COMING FROM THE SIDE THAT SAYS GAY IS OK-BUT GAY BASH A STR MAN IN A SLANDERING WAY.. You person;;; is WHATS wrong today in this country. As soon I was.rank and file dem. I WAS DONE IN YOUR MIND.. People like you keep the repubs. goin.. cause the dnc was hijacked by you commies and faags, anti everything crowd and put people voting aGainst there on interest cause pukes like you.. did you even read my entire post?
I don't think anyone could read your entire post dear. It's a grammatical mess. I did pull out of that mess one point which was true however. You serve your party well, very, very well. You and Shelia Jackson Lee speak volumes about the Democrat Party and it's beliefs.

That's all...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>As usual you want to only report part of any story. Which makes anything you post suspect.
Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee said Monday that she voted against the Violence Against Women Act because it protected “other different groups.”
During an appearance on MSNBC, Blackburn said the Violence Against Women Act had become “diluted” and “unfocused” due to new provisions added to the bill.
“I didn’t like the way it was expanded to include other different groups,” she explained.“What you need is something that is focused specifically to help these shelters and to help our law enforcement, who is trying to work with the crimes that have been committed against women and helping them to stand up.”
Though Blackburn supported House versions of the Violence Against Women Act, she voted against the more inclusive Senate version.
The Senate’s version of the Violence Against Women Act included new protections for Native Americans, LGBT individuals, and undocumented immigrants.
In particular, it allowed tribal courts to prosecute non-tribal individuals accused of domestic and sexual crimes that occurred on tribal land, removed barriers that prevented LGBT victims from accessing services, and provided additional temporary visas to abused undocumented immigrations.
The legislation was originally enacted in 1994 and easily renewed with bipartisan support twice since. But opposition to the new protections caused the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act to die in the Republican-led House last year.
Facing increasing pressure, the House approved the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act by a 286-138 vote last month.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/04/republi...
What I "reported" was which Republicans in our state voted against the bill, and that the "savior" of your party voted against it as well. You seem to think these votes as some kind of victory for your side...I see them as more evidence that the gender gap will not narrow, and may indeed widen before 2016. This is fine with me ! I hope representatives like Blackburn and Senators like Rubio continue to vote as they did this time....especially since the legislation passed without their support.
I am not a member of any of the classes that this bill (now law) protects, but I know a losing political issue when I see one !
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
One thing Obama will go down in history for. He has to be the only President that spent both terms campaigning. He is still in campaign mode. I am sure now his only concern is trying to get more Democrats elected to the House and Senate in 2014. If he succeeds, this country is doomed. It almost is already.
Just keep those votes (like the one I posted about yesterday) coming and we might just get to see how many seats flip in 2014 !
The party that thinks taking billions of dollars in government spending out of a weak economy is a cure for our unemployment problem, will lose support with each layoff triggered by their austerity policies. Keep up the good work guys...you create more Democrats every day....too bad that comes with a huge cost to real people.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What I "reported" was which Republicans in our state voted against the bill, and that the "savior" of your party voted against it as well. You seem to think these votes as some kind of victory for your side...I see them as more evidence that the gender gap will not narrow, and may indeed widen before 2016. This is fine with me ! I hope representatives like Blackburn and Senators like Rubio continue to vote as they did this time....especially since the legislation passed without their support.
I am not a member of any of the classes that this bill (now law) protects, but I know a losing political issue when I see one !
I think your entire premise is stupid! By the dictate of your implied principle, legislators should only navigate the stormy seas of culturism, special interest pressure point and the unprincipled gamesmanship of winning elections. This is corruption, defined!

Do you actually believe law-makers should abandon their charge to serve only the whoredoms of choosing the easy or popular path? If these men and women chose such lawless abandon to the extent you're intimating...all would be for nought!

You go out of your way to "MOCK" the figures of dissent in this initiative. I say, to "HELL" with serving the preponderence of "wrong-doing," especially when an ubiquitous social appetite insinuates itself upon all that is good, and with the very seductions you shamefully offer here!

The most honorable men and women who supported this initiative (Violence against women act) are ones who eventually voted against it, not because of the aid it provided to women, but because it became bastardized by the (L.G.B.T) Organization -(Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Trans-Gender) and other homosexual organizations.

The Republicans wanted benefits directed to "ALL" women. The (L.G.B.T.) and other homosexual groups demanded the language be changed to specify eligibility to an enumeration of Gender specific and sexual orientation specific sub-groups. Everyone knew this was being turned into a divisive food fight by the President!

Again, our President leaped at the opportunity to pretend the opposition to "portions" of this bill "HATED" women. This is more of the President's class warfare, and he isn't done yet!

The President decided to "pander" to the (L.G.B.T.) and other homosexual groups for political favor and assured political financing! That's what this is all about!

The democrats didn't want people to know another reason opposition to the bill existed. The act called for services rendered to native American women. It also contained provisions for criminal defendants (citizens arrested for crimes) to be prosectuted in (TRIBAL COURTS) if an alleged sexual assult occurs within the boundaries of (SOVEREIGN TRIBAL LANDS)! In effect, this will be tantamount to American citizens being surrendered over to a foreign country for prosecution. There are great differences in (TRIBAL LAW COURTS) and the United States Judiciary.

I'm glad these dissenting law-makers had not only the intelligence to ennunciate these snares, but also the necessary courage to champion the truth rather than to whore-out for election prospects. These votes of dissent were indeed..a victory for character and doing the right thing!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

115 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Where does Mayor Broyles live?? 8 min Randall Mc Daniel 6
Punish Poverty JESUS would 12 min cretin56 15
FUTURE WIFE BEATERS use the HAWK defense 13 min Three cops road 6
Lost respect for GPD 23 min Greeneville Resident 1
76 year old arrest on world news now 25 min Old Guy 15
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 29 min Geeze 8,934
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 30 min unreal 209
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 1 hr Sunshine 124
property tax increase 1 hr butch 15
Applause Greeneville you are famous 2 hr Chekhov 14
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 3 hr Hawkman 20
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 4 hr South Greene Resident 179
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••