Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

"Budget Battle Is As Much About Taxes As Spending."

Click here:
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Simmering Down The Sequester Talk

The hysteria in Washington over sequestration is both strange and amusing. The president would like us to believe that cutting just over 2 percent of our $3.5 trillion budget this year will leave kids without vaccines, meat without inspectors, planes without air traffic control and streets filled with criminals and no police to stop them. Republicans, on the other hand, are wasting time blaming President Obama for spending cutsóyes, the same man who is distinguished as the only president to run a trillion dollar budget deficit, and to do so four years in a row.

Frankly, the sequester doesnít do much to stop the growth of spending and government. Letís say you gain 10 pounds per year, but your 2013 resolution is to only gain 9.8 pounds. Youíre not getting smaller; youíre just growing a little slower.

From a broader view, with sequestration in effect, overall federal spending this year will still exceed what was spent in 2010. I do not remember the country being on the verge of collapse in 2010 due to a shortage of federal funding. In fact, I remember the American people sweeping Republicans into control of the U.S. House because they were appalled by the presidentís gross expansion of government and mismanagement of public finances.

On average, President Obama spends $1.1 trillion more per year than President George W. Bush. Remember that the Obama Administration dramatically increased federal spending during the financial crisis. The trillion dollar stimulus of 2009 was not timely, targeted or temporary as advertisedóit became the status quo. Total federal spending has never declined to pre-stimulus levels. But now, whenever spending reductions come to the fore, the president rolls out scary sounding statistics and warns of grave consequences. We must remember that these inflated funding levels were never supposed to be permanent, and to try to make them so through fear and misinformation is a betrayal of the public trust.

The deficits and debt from the Obama years are the real danger to our country, particularly to future generations. This year we will lose $224 billion of your tax dollars in debt interest payments to China and elsewhere. That amount is nearly three times the size of the sequester, or the equivalent of what the federal government spends on K-12 education and veteransí benefits combined. Our debt interest payments are projected increase 200% by the end of the decade. All the Obama tax increases in the world cannot solve such a terrible case of overspending.

It doesnít make sense to cut valuable military programs and wasteful activities by the same percentage. We should just zero-out, or eliminate, the wasteful programs. Iíve joined House Republicans in passing two bills to make the cuts smarter and targeted, but the president and the Senate Democrats have ignored us, demanding more tax increases on top of the $600 billion plus tax hike they imposed in January.

The American people should neither be fooled nor bullied by the presidentís latest campaign to raid our wallets. You are not the problem. No one should be talking about tax increases when the government wastes $115 billion on improper payments as it did in 2011. No one should demand that you send more of your paycheck to Washington to fund the $2.2 billion federal program for free cell phones. There is enough federal waste to clog every toilet in Washington.

It would be a shame to see so much wasteful spending continue as worthy programs get hit by the across-the-board cuts. But, if the president continues to reject a smarter approach and insist on more tax increases, then sequestration will go forward. And, while itís early yet, I predict the United States will survive the 2 percent budget cut.

Tom Graves, a Republican, represents Georgia in Congress and serves on the House Appropriations Committee.
Missy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
"Budget Battle Is As Much About Taxes As Spending."
Click here:
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/...
Are you a Jehovah's Witnesses ? You act like one.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
On Wednesday, a House subcommittee will hear a bill that would allow the manufacture of liquor, such as Chattanooga Whiskey, in parts of Hamilton County that already allow operating liquor stores and liquor-by-the-drink sales.
A little more than a year ago, Joe Ledbetter and Tim Piersant founded the Chattanooga Whiskey Company.
Their product is sold in more than a dozen states, and the product has drawn strong local support that area residents voice, in part, via social media, according to Nooga.com archives.
Butóeven though the product bears a local nameóit must be produced in Lawrenceburg, Ind., because it's currently illegal to make it in Hamilton County.
A 2009 law allows Tennessee counties where there are both operating liquor stores and liquor-by-the-drink sales to produce liquor.
And although Hamilton County meets both those requirements, at the time state leaders passed the law, officials decided to opt out and continue to prevent liquor manufacture in this area.
http://www.nooga.com/160257/bill-that-impacts...
Well I sure hope this House Bill 102 goes thru, and the people of Hamilton County can have their own distillery, because not only would it bring in much needed revenue but they could also very easy have a tour of the place just like "Jack Daniels" over in Lynchburg, Tn.$$$$
I'd like to know just how this vote goes down.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

You just don't get it, do you? States will not get as much from the Federal Gov't. and many State Programs will be affected, too.
It's like lined-up dominoes, you tip the first one over (Federal Gov't. Funds) and all the rest begin to fall, also, one right after the other. And that's just on the "Domestic" side on the fallout from the Cuts and only in one area.
The Federal Gov't. either funds or helps fund EVERYTHING!

I've been posting Link after Link, telling you just some of the ways and things that will be affected, which you obviously didn't bother to read. So, either educate yourself on your own or choose to remain ignorant...I frankly don't care which you decide to do. People are you are hopeless causes, but you and People like you are about to have the whole Nation ready to jump down your throats! You may need those Assault Weapons for protection!The Majority of the People in this Nation are already blaming the Teapublicans for the Sequester, according to the Polls...just wait until the effects of the Cuts start to be felt!
This will guarantee the end of the Teapublican Party. It's just a shame that we'll all have to suffer to see that happen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

"Symantec: Stuxnet Cyberweapon Older Than Previously Believed."

Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57571533/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
You just don't get it, do you? States will not get as much from the Federal Gov't. and many State Programs will be affected, too.
It's like lined-up dominoes, you tip the first one over (Federal Gov't. Funds) and all the rest begin to fall, also, one right after the other. And that's just on the "Domestic" side on the fallout from the Cuts and only in one area.

I've been posting Link after Link, telling you just some of the ways and things that will be affected, which you obviously didn't bother to read. So, either educate yourself on your own or choose to remain ignorant...I frankly don't care which you decide to do. People are you are hopeless causes, but you and People like you are about to have the whole Nation ready to jump down your throats! You may need those Assault Weapons for protection!The Majority of the People in this Nation are already blaming the Teapublicans for the Sequester, according to the Polls...just wait until the effects of the Cuts start to be felt!
This will guarantee the end of the Teapublican Party. It's just a shame that we'll all have to suffer to see that happen.
Back under your other name doll face?

<<yawning again today>>
Not Worried

Bulgaria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
You don't have a clue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

"Sequester Countdown: Obama Summons Hill Leaders."

Click here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/friday-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Remember this if this Jerk decides to run for the Presidency!
----------
"Marco Rubio Courts Wall Street."

Click here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/marco-r...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
So what? Let those suffer because they have become a slave to the fed gov't teet. Perhaps then, they'll realize just what a slave they have become and actually think and do for themselves - not rely upon a great master in Washington to fix all their problems for them.

Oh, and I - along with a great many others who are not slaves - are REAL scared of a group of teet suckers who have to have the federal government buy them a phone, home, car, etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Let those suffer because they have become a slave to the fed gov't teet. Perhaps then, they'll realize just what a slave they have become and actually think and do for themselves - not rely upon a great master in Washington to fix all their problems for them.
Oh, and I - along with a great many others who are not slaves - are REAL scared of a group of teet suckers who have to have the federal government buy them a phone, home, car, etc.
And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the Mind-set of every one of the Teapublicans! How ignorant and greedy can any one Group of People be?
They are so consumed with selfishness and greed that they simply do not have the capacity to think outside their limited little Lives and their Wants. They couldn't care less about this Country or anybody in it, other than the Super Wealthy that they have convinced themselves are their Peers. I think they are ALL border-line Sociopaths! At the very least, they lack something in their Psyche that the rest of us were born with, but they were not, obviously...including intelligence.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

You know you're in trouble when Bob Woodward is on your tail:

"BOB WOODWARD: Obama Is Showing 'A Kind Of Madness I Haven't Seen In A Long Time'

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-woodward-o...

The Washington Post's Bob Woodward ripped into President Barack Obama on "Morning Joe" today, saying he's exhibiting a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying,'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said.

The Defense Department said in early February that it would not deploy the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf, citing budget concerns relating to the looming cuts known as the sequester.

"Under the Constitution, the President is commander-in-chief and employs the force. And so we now have the President going out because of this piece of paper and this agreement.'I canít do what I need to do to protect the country,'" Woodward said.

"Thatís a kind of madness that I haven't seen in a long time," he said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

"Why The Supreme Court May Rule Against The Voting Rights Act."

Click here:
http://www.propublica.org/article/the-other-c...
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Remember this if this Jerk decides to run for the Presidency!
----------
"Marco Rubio Courts Wall Street."
Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/marco-r...
It's OK for Obama to schmooze Wall Street, but not Rubio?

If Rubio is smart, he'll demonize Wall Street right after he meets with them. It worked for Barry.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Topix is at it again.I get fed up going back over and over to put in missing letters an end up with spaces and screw ups I screw up enough myself and I don't need help.
I do not know why this doesn't come up.
It was at Tax-Freedom...The Truth about the Federal Reserve Bank.
So I buy a hundred dollar bill for 3 or 4 cents from a printing co. and lend it to you but you have to pay me back $100 dollars plus interest.
I'm thinking I could get rich really fast and without a lot of effort either,
Do you suppose the Government(no Jeffersons there)would give us that little trick?

Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the Mind-set of every one of the Teapublicans! How ignorant and greedy can any one Group of People be?
They are so consumed with selfishness and greed that they simply do not have the capacity to think outside their limited little Lives and their Wants. They couldn't care less about this Country or anybody in it, other than the Super Wealthy that they have convinced themselves are their Peers. I think they are ALL border-line Sociopaths! At the very least, they lack something in their Psyche that the rest of us were born with, but they were not, obviously...including intelligence.
...and staying on Topix 24/7 - 365 telling everyone else that it is they who are crazy is intelligent and normal?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
It's OK for Obama to schmooze Wall Street, but not Rubio?
If Rubio is smart, he'll demonize Wall Street right after he meets with them. It worked for Barry.
Yeah, but five will get you ten, HE DOESN'T! He's looking for Big Money funding to back his campaign and if they do, THEY OWN HIM!
Politicians and Political Parties plan FAR into the future! This is all about the next Presidential Election.
That's why None of them can get anything done today to deal with our immediate problems, and the Teapublicans are worse than the Dems because Dems know that you'll be judged on the job you do now...Teapublicans still believe MONEY will buy the next election, even after they lost the last one! But then, the Teapublican think money will buy anything or anybody...and it confuses the Hell out of them, when it doesn't!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

"Land Grab Cheats North Dakota Tribes Out Of $1 Billion, Suits Allege."

Click here:
http://www.propublica.org/article/land-grab-c...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
But then, the Teapublican think money will buy anything or anybody...and it confuses the Hell out of them, when it doesn't!
...THIS is, well, confusing....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville