Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,115)

Showing posts 62,281 - 62,300 of140,569
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Sequestration...

All the "cuts" are a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Its .25% of 1% cut in PROJECTED GROWTH~! So for all the "falling off the cliff" and "drastic cuts"..... What current programs are really being cut? NONE. Only PROJECTED GROWTH is to be cut.

So.... What the hoooaaaah are all these clowns in the media and politics jumping up and down about?

Here is where EVERY American should be pissed AT THE POLITICIANS of both parties.

Instead of cutting waste, blatant fraud (solyndra), and unconstitutional federal meddling which could easily account for 5-10% of Federal spending, they are targeting employees and groups who will be most hurt, and cutting them disproportionally.
Hell, New York is now pushing for Food stamps for PETS!!!!

Anyhow...how much are the "cuts"?

For comparison a family, business, or whatever entity spending $1000 per week would have to cut $23 per week.

In addition since the federal budget starts in October and the cuts won't go into effect until March the amount of the cut is only 7/12 the figure being touted. It's a miniscule amount.

If anyone suffers from this, it's by design.

Obama... is going to close parks, punish workers by cutting their hours, and reduce air traffic controllers...

He intends to make it as painful as possible for the Pubs not giving him his way. "Punish your enemies" and all that.

Wow, what a leader.
Barkley Bakert

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Any little rappers on here
alone

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Barkley Bakert wrote:
I' little rapper,without a degree, but all the lady's come to me. I pound em' hard and make 'em scream, thts why they call me little rapping king.:)
alone

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Dont steal my lyric now.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting choices... considering that both preside over parlamentary coalition style governments where the President always has much less power than the Prime Minister.
On the USDA appointment...thanks but I respectfully decline. If my farming methods and model were used across the country, we would be unable to grow enough food to feed our own citizens, let alone maintain any ag. exports. It has been several years since farming has contributed a significant portion of my income and I know a lot of farmers locally, all of which now require off-farm income to survive. To make a living farming like you propose would require a large jump in food prices, and that is just what would happen if the USA moved toward that model. Food supplies would tighten and prices would rise A LOT.
I think there is room in the healthcare system for alternative medicine, but I for one do not want to return to the days before modern medicine could treat heart disease with balloons and stents, before heart bypass surgery. Back to the days when the only medicine for heart disease was digitalis and rest. How many lives have been spared and how much quality of life was returned to those who have been treated with these breakthroughs alone in just this ONE area of medical treatment ??
I found it interesting that both of your choices for President are from countries that have universal healthcare systems which provide less choice for patients than the ACA...yet if memory serves, you think the ACA is too restrictive.
We do agree on keeping Bernie though....! Chuckles !!
My choice of Iceland's President and Nigel Farage didn't have anything to do with parlamentary coalition style governments.
Mr.Iceland stood up to the Banksters and actually (not pretend he would do this)rounded up a posse and went after the crooks and Iceland is in recovery.That was my reason.As far as Nigel Farage goes he's been slaming those idiots up one side and down the other.I'll bet he likes Mr Iceland himself.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Barkley Bakert wrote:
I don't know about that, but I do know there are a few on here that aren't wrapped to tight.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
Sequestration...
Its .25% of 1% cut in PROJECTED GROWTH~! So for all the "falling off the cliff" and "drastic cuts"..... What current programs are really being cut? NONE. Only PROJECTED GROWTH is to be cut.
So.... What the hoooaaaah are all these clowns in the media and politics jumping up and down about?
Here is where EVERY American should be pissed AT THE POLITICIANS of both parties.
Instead of cutting waste, blatant fraud (solyndra), and unconstitutional federal meddling which could easily account for 5-10% of Federal spending, they are targeting employees and groups who will be most hurt, and cutting them disproportionally.
For comparison a family, business, or whatever entity spending $1000 per week would have to cut $23 per week.
In addition since the federal budget starts in October and the cuts won't go into effect until March the amount of the cut is only 7/12 the figure being touted. It's a miniscule amount.
Obama... is going to close parks, punish workers by cutting their hours, and reduce air traffic controllers...
He intends to make it as painful as possible for the Pubs not giving him his way. "Punish your enemies" and all that.
Wow, what a leader.
Three points "Nuh". First, I disagree with the premise that there is 5 to 10% that can painlessly be cut from the Federal Budget. Second, this is not the time to further constrict the money flowing into the economy. Each cut in spending by ANYONE results in ripples felt throughout the economy at a time when the economic recovery is faultering....some would say because of the expiration of the payroll tax cuts that consumers felt in their paychecks recently. Third, government is not a business. It is by design called upon to spend more, not less in recessionary cycles. The time to make cuts in government spending is in good economic times, not bad ones.
There will need to be cuts and tax increases in the future but in my opinion, NEITHER should take place now...Let's let the economy strengthen, and unemployment will fall. As more folks get back to work, tax revenues will rise and the cuts will not need to be as severe or the tax increases as large. Pulling money out of this economy NOW is a sure recipe for slower growth and maybe a double dip recession.
Jeff

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Three points "Nuh". First, I disagree with the premise that there is 5 to 10% that can painlessly be cut from the Federal Budget. Second, this is not the time to further constrict the money flowing into the economy. Each cut in spending by ANYONE results in ripples felt throughout the economy at a time when the economic recovery is faultering....some would say because of the expiration of the payroll tax cuts that consumers felt in their paychecks recently. Third, government is not a business. It is by design called upon to spend more, not less in recessionary cycles. The time to make cuts in government spending is in good economic times, not bad ones.
There will need to be cuts and tax increases in the future but in my opinion, NEITHER should take place now...Let's let the economy strengthen, and unemployment will fall. As more folks get back to work, tax revenues will rise and the cuts will not need to be as severe or the tax increases as large. Pulling money out of this economy NOW is a sure recipe for slower growth and maybe a double dip recession.
This is just an example of how different our economic views are.

What you are describing, the gov't spending more during recessionary cycles, is Keynesian economics. It does not work - never has. Just recently, the $787 Billion stimulus - where's the benefit? Where are the jobs?
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

THIS IS AWESOME - A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!

Georgia state House seeks to repeal the Seventeenth Amendment

One hundred years ago, the United States ratified an amendment to the Constitution that changed the way America chose its senators. The amendment's supporters said that senators directly elected by the people would not only be more democratic, but also less corrupt and less susceptible to special interest influence.

Instead of reducing corruption, however, changing the method of Senate selection provided entirely new avenues of political exploitation by fundamentally transforming our federal government. Most importantly, the amendment destroyed the federalist structure that the Founding Fathers installed to protect state sovereignty.

Today, members of the Georgia House of Representatives seek to restore state representation to the federal government by reviving the Founders' original intent. The goal of House Bill 273 is “to protect the sovereignty of the states from the federal government and to give each individual state government representation in the federal legislative branch of government” by repealing the Seventeenth Amendment.

Of course, this resolution would not necessitate any action or response from the federal government should it pass, but it could spark a national debate on the concept of federalism, unconstitutional government, and the Founders' original intent.

Why was the Seventeenth Amendment ratified?

As the Founding Fathers drafted the Constitution, they understood that free and independent states, fresh from a long and costly war with England, would not approve of a charter that required them to totally surrender their sovereignty to a new federal government. To balance the legitimate concerns of the states with the need to preserve the union and form a national government for mutual protection and prosperity, the Founders chose a federalist system of divided powers between the states and the proposed federal government.

They also passed a Bill of Rights, ensuring that any power not specifically granted to the federal government rested with the states or the people themselves. The Founders clearly wanted a limited federal government balanced by the state governments.

Prior to 1913, state legislatures appointed members to represent their state in the federal government, while the people directly elected members of the House of Representatives. The House represented the people and the Senate represented the states. This clever design balanced the will of the people and the sovereignty of the states, and the federal government was largely restrained from growing beyond its constitutional limits.

The federalist system was not understood by the people 100 years ago, and certainly isn't understood today. The Founders sought to craft a system ruled by law – the Constitution – and not a rule of man. That is why the United States is a constitutional republic and not a pure democracy. They knew that just government must have consent of the people, but that total democracy would inevitably lead to a tyranny of majority, which could strip state and individual liberty as easily as a monarch.

“The Constitution does not protect the sovereignty of the States for the benefit of the States or state governments as abstract political entities,” wrote Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor,“To the contrary, the Constitution divides authority between federal and state governments for the protection of individuals. State sovereignty is not just an end to itself.”
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

I can not and will not eat beef.
I got the documentary"Food incorporated" and watched others and saw the factory farming methods.
These animals stand knee deep in crap.They are given seditives because the conditions make it hard for them to tolerate.They are pumped full antibiotics because of sickness because of the horrid conditions.
I watched (and I had to quit watching)these poor sick animals who were to sick to stand up being prodded with electricity and they couldn't get up, they tried and they couldn't but they kept on shocking them.
Others to sick and unable to walk were scraped up and shoved along with a frontend loader sometimes breaking their legs in the process.
Our antibiotic use is at around 80 percent for agriculture in animal feed because of the squallar these poor creatures live under and because it fattens them faster as does the hormones.
So guess what we are eating along with the beef?I haven't even touched on the GMO feed which has been proven in a French study is creating tumors, liver and kidney failure and are causing sterility.
Oh yum yum.
I can not stand the smell of beef it smells like it's going bad no matter where I get it so forget it.
I can not take penicilin or I can't breath.
I will not give these people who are ok with factory farming one cent of mine.And you should here my mouth running at the food shopping places. Good.They put it back.I will do my part to run these kinds of farmers out of business.
The cute part of all this is those who took videos got in trouble and laws have been passed in a state or two making it illegal to take videos of the conditions.
Oh yes.I'm not chuckling OT.
And these are my reasons for this.Nope MSM didn't let me in on this secret.Oh those conspiracy sites they will warp you mind and make you foolish.
Well I ain't buyin that tale or the beef.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are describing, the gov't spending more during recessionary cycles, is Keynesian economics. It does not work - never has. Just recently, the $787 Billion stimulus - where's the benefit? Where are the jobs?
In the 1930’s, John Maynard Keynes questioned the prevailing economic thought and determined that the free market is imperfect, and that due to these imperfections, it's the government's job to intervene and somehow make things right by spending big to pull out of a recession. Keynesian economics served as a model during the later part of the Great Depression, World War II and the post-war economic expansion.

Unfortunately, many of Keynes’s doctrines have been misinterpreted. For one, Keynes was not a big proponent of long-term government debt. Spending was to be temporary and used as a way to stimulate the economy. Indeed, he thought that long term debt chilled rather than stimulated the economy.

For another, Keynes taught that spending should be targeted toward investment which spurs steady job growth, not consumption which he believed is taken care of by the marketplace

Since the 1980s, Europe has grown slower than the United States. Unemployment in Europe ranged 8% to 10 %, while U.S. unemployment ran around 4%. Why have they have not created many jobs? Because they're not spending in places that create jobs. Government spending in Europe has focused more education, health care and other expenses more helpful with stimulating consumption.

Keynes wanted deficits to be cyclical and temporary, and the type of stimulus he advocated was very specific. He said it should be geared towards increasing private investment. He viewed private investment, as opposed to big government spending, as the source of durable job creation.

He also said that the deficits should be self-liquidating, so that the increased economic activity caused by the stimulus inevitably generated a combination of extra tax revenues and lower unemployment payments. With higher revenues and lower outlays, the deficit would disappear.

And contrary to current government thinking, he viewed raising tax rates in a recession to eliminate deficits as suicidal.

Unfortunately, the only part of Keynesian theory in place now is big government spending with no thought given to paying it off.

That whirring sound you hear is Keynes spinning in his grave.
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
Sequestration...
Wow, what a leader.
Didn't you just say that it was "projected growth" that was being cut and then, you turn right around a tell just some of the Workers that will be laid off...oh, and you may sure that you said "Obama" would lay them off. Like the President has the power to walk around , handing out Pink Slips, but the Teapublican-Controlled Congress is only responsible for twiddling their thumbs and drawing their paychecks and perks. If that's the case, let's just do away with Congress and save all of the money we pay them , in salary alone, not to mention the expensive perks we provide. why we'd be out of debt in 5 years or less and have money to spare. This particular Teapublican-controlled Congress is useless, anyway...all they do is obstruct, obstruct, obstruct, so let's get rid of them and Nobody else would have to lose their jobs or have their days and hours cut. You Teapublicans blame Obama for everything , anyway...if we got rid of Congress, you would be telling the truth about who is really responsible for everything...which would be refreshing on itself, and definitely a long-needed "First"!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
I can not and will not eat beef.
I got the documentary"Food incorporated" and watched others and saw the factory farming methods.
These animals stand knee deep in crap.They are given seditives because the conditions make it hard for them to tolerate.They are pumped full antibiotics because of sickness because of the horrid conditions.
I watched (and I had to quit watching)these poor sick animals who were to sick to stand up being prodded with electricity and they couldn't get up, they tried and they couldn't but they kept on shocking them.
Others to sick and unable to walk were scraped up and shoved along with a frontend loader sometimes breaking their legs in the process.
Our antibiotic use is at around 80 percent for agriculture in animal feed because of the squallar these poor creatures live under and because it fattens them faster as does the hormones.
So guess what we are eating along with the beef?I haven't even touched on the GMO feed which has been proven in a French study is creating tumors, liver and kidney failure and are causing sterility.
Oh yum yum.
I can not stand the smell of beef it smells like it's going bad no matter where I get it so forget it.
I can not take penicilin or I can't breath.
I will not give these people who are ok with factory farming one cent of mine.And you should here my mouth running at the food shopping places. Good.They put it back.I will do my part to run these kinds of farmers out of business.
The cute part of all this is those who took videos got in trouble and laws have been passed in a state or two making it illegal to take videos of the conditions.
Oh yes.I'm not chuckling OT.
And these are my reasons for this.Nope MSM didn't let me in on this secret.Oh those conspiracy sites they will warp you mind and make you foolish.
Well I ain't buyin that tale or the beef.
I really would not mind discussing this issue more so I'm asking the Judger with the Nut to come forward and not be a coward and just say where your coming from.
Do you like to zap sick creatures or bulldoze them.Com e on speak up.
Do you like tumors?
Are you a filth farmer?
You believe I'm really not allergic to penicilan?
Come on I don't bite.
Wait it's the Corporate media complaints I have brought up here,Because I believe they aren't coming clean about there bogus products and they might just shove it under the rug?
That's it right?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you don't.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Keynes would not be up this:

GAO Report: Obamacare Adds $6.2 Trillion to Long-Term Deficit

You LIE!

Obama told a joint-session of Congress in September 2009.“I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period”

Ten cents,$6.2 Trillion. That's Obama's definition of close enough.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/341589/g...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

SSS wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just say that it was "projected growth" that was being cut and then, you turn right around a tell just some of the Workers that will be laid off...oh, and you may sure that you said "Obama" would lay them off. Like the President has the power to walk around , handing out Pink Slips, but the Teapublican-Controlled Congress is only responsible for twiddling their thumbs and drawing their paychecks and perks. If that's the case, let's just do away with Congress and save all of the money we pay them , in salary alone, not to mention the expensive perks we provide. why we'd be out of debt in 5 years or less and have money to spare. This particular Teapublican-controlled Congress is useless, anyway...all they do is obstruct, obstruct, obstruct, so let's get rid of them and Nobody else would have to lose their jobs or have their days and hours cut. You Teapublicans blame Obama for everything , anyway...if we got rid of Congress, you would be telling the truth about who is really responsible for everything...which would be refreshing on itself, and definitely a long-needed "First"!
A) The National Park Service is part of the EXECUTIVE branch of government - now, just who is the executive?

B) This "Teapublican-controlled Congress" you posted about...well the Democrats control U.S. Senate (which, and I'm not sure you are aware, but the Senate is part of Congress). Speaking about that...the U.S. House is controlled by the Republicans - they have said that should the Senate (again....controlled by Democrats)fail to pass a budget (oh - the Democrats in the Senate haven't passed a budget in 4 years)...then Congress (BOTH the Senate and House) don't get paid.

...So, YOU agree with the Republicans in the U.S. House - congratulations!!! There IS hope in this world!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Yes I can see where the nut came from.SSS has arrived on the scene.
Y'all told me I keep changin my name thing on here.
SSS.Reminds me of some Russian thing.Like maybe Soviet Socialist Syndrome.
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
Keynes would not be up this:
GAO Report: Obamacare Adds $6.2 Trillion to Long-Term Deficit
You LIE!
Obama told a joint-session of Congress in September 2009.“I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period”
Ten cents,$6.2 Trillion. That's Obama's definition of close enough.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/341589/g...
Obama had an Economic Plan, formed by the best Economists we have, to get this Country back on it's feet. But, because of the Teapublican-controlled Congress opposing EVERYTHING he's tried to do, he's had to change almost all of it , just to get SOME of it passed by Congress!
If you People hadn't voted in that bunch of Racist Idiots that know NOTHING, we'd probably have been been well on our way to getting past this Bush/Cheney catastrophy, by now! Instead that same bunch of Idiots are about to throw right back into the mess that Obama inherited over four years ago. YOU'RE ALL NUTS!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You say it doesn't work...I say it does, and more so since we have become a consumer driven economy. It is hard to "consume" something when you are broke. Place money in the hands of those with none and they will spend it. That spending stimulates the economy, creating more demand and more jobs..pull money out of the economy and....well, it is awfully hard to spend what you do not have.
In my opinion, that stimulis SHOULD have been about three times larger with NO tax cuts involved. Instead there should have been direct hiring of the unemployed by the government...a WPA style jobs program that put people to work immediately. You can see what austerity is doing to Europe, and that is STILL the road some would take this country down.
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
THIS IS AWESOME - A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
Georgia state House seeks to repeal the Seventeenth Amendment
One hundred years ago, the United States ratified an amendment to the Constitution that changed the way America chose its senators. The amendment's supporters said that senators directly elected by the people would not only be more democratic, but also less corrupt and less susceptible to special interest influence.
Instead of reducing corruption, however, changing the method of Senate selection provided entirely new avenues of political exploitation by fundamentally transforming our federal government. Most importantly, the amendment destroyed the federalist structure that the Founding Fathers installed to protect state sovereignty.
Today, members of the Georgia House of Representatives seek to restore state representation to the federal government by reviving the Founders' original intent. The goal of House Bill 273 is “to protect the sovereignty of the states from the federal government and to give each individual state government representation in the federal legislative branch of government” by repealing the Seventeenth Amendment.
Of course, this resolution would not necessitate any action or response from the federal government should it pass, but it could spark a national debate on the concept of federalism, unconstitutional government, and the Founders' original intent.
Why was the Seventeenth Amendment ratified?
As the Founding Fathers drafted the Constitution, they understood that free and independent states, fresh from a long and costly war with England, would not approve of a charter that required them to totally surrender their sovereignty to a new federal government. To balance the legitimate concerns of the states with the need to preserve the union and form a national government for mutual protection and prosperity, the Founders chose a federalist system of divided powers between the states and the proposed federal government.
They also passed a Bill of Rights, ensuring that any power not specifically granted to the federal government rested with the states or the people themselves. The Founders clearly wanted a limited federal government balanced by the state governments.
Prior to 1913, state legislatures appointed members to represent their state in the federal government, while the people directly elected members of the House of Representatives. The House represented the people and the Senate represented the states. This clever design balanced the will of the people and the sovereignty of the states, and the federal government was largely restrained from growing beyond its constitutional limits.
The federalist system was not understood by the people 100 years ago, and certainly isn't understood today. The Founders sought to craft a system ruled by law – the Constitution – and not a rule of man. That is why the United States is a constitutional republic and not a pure democracy. They knew that just government must have consent of the people, but that total democracy would inevitably lead to a tyranny of majority, which could strip state and individual liberty as easily as a monarch.
“The Constitution does not protect the sovereignty of the States for the benefit of the States or state governments as abstract political entities,” wrote Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor,“To the contrary, the Constitution divides authority between federal and state governments for the protection of individuals. State sovereignty is not just an end to itself.”
Why don't all of you like-minded Nuts that love your Fox Fake News and your Conspiracy Websites so much, just move to GA., or Texas, secede from the Union and do whatever you want and stop screwing everything up for all the rest of us. GOOD RIDDANCE, you won't be missed and I, for one , would be glad to get rid of you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 62,281 - 62,300 of140,569
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Applause Greeneville you are famous 6 min Chekhov 12
EYE off Israel war shootdown another plane 13 min cretin56 30
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 23 min Zeke 8,899
Punish Poverty JESUS would 28 min Conservative values 1
Sheriff Department Budget 43 min Biggest jail wins 16
HAWK wife beating OK under SHARIA LAW/conservat... 57 min Local law too 58
New Greene County Arrests 1 hr Recently Busted 1
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 3 hr Kendall Grove 17
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 4 hr Gunslinger 122
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 4 hr Lmao 172
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs