Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,099)

Showing posts 61,961 - 61,980 of139,024
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Nuh wrote:
Only in America could the federal government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and then complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
You neglected to compare our nation's defense spending against those other nations. I know the response will divert to "entitlement spending" (predictably), however...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

TJohn wrote:
<quoted text> Charles Rangel a Demoncrat from New Yorks 13th district has or suggested introducing a bill to re-instate the draft. Not sure if anybody esle has but if you can back up your claim about a " teapublican " introducing a bill to reinstate the draft would go a long way in backing up your claim.
You seem to be offended by the term "Teapublican," yet you previously referred to "demoncrats." Hypocrisy?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Caring Canary wrote:
has timbuck2 been on here lately
He hasn't been on here in quite a while...(unless he has a new screen name).
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Response choice no.#1.)
NO----we are not all idiots until educated. Maybe 'Ignorant' but not an 'Idiot' An idiot is one who is self-defeating in nature. You want to impress everyone with words (yes, we learned them in HS and can still read them and know what they mean), yet you affect nothing by using them all the time. Like a dog chasing it's tail, your words just simply go around in circles and say nothing. In most all cases, you hear this type of speech from someone who's higher education makes them believe they are better than everyone else.
Response choice no.#2.)
Save the pretty language for you next book. We have too many politicians, lawyers, educators most all whom are dem/libs trying to mesmerize everyone else into agreeing with their ideology via the 'fancy' written word. What we need now and will need more-so in the near (decade) future is just plain common sense spoken in plain English that promotes trust, ideas, problem solving, security, etc..
I would be glad to debate you on almost any subject and coming from a conservative background it will almost indubitably cause a stir. Yes, most of us know the words and use them only when needed. But, if you are going to use only 'fancy' words to get you point across you will be speaking to deaf ears, at least this author's ears.
By the way, Our last respective posts tell a story. Your post was longer with more words, Mine was Shorter with fewer words and says much more!

Look, The barbs are unnecessary. I can't help my writting manner. I truly do not seek to cross swords with you here or seek to make you uncomfortable in any way.

Your criticisms seem stupid to me and I'm just asking you to please reconsider. thanks!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!
I am also grateful for the drift becoming apparent in democratic ranks as thinkers begin to work their way through incredible deception having been thrown at us all in a short period of time!
The archetecture of a police state is being rapidly erected in America. I remind us all, Government never does "ANYTHING" for no reason! The mechinisms for population control have already been put into place. These simply will not be actuated or enforced until they are all enforced..at the same time. This will be devestating. O.T. spoke of a few of these interacting components earlier, the "National Defense Authorization Act" of 2013,(NDAA) The "Food Security and Modernization act", A host of initiatives effectively defeating 4th ammendment protections in our constitution. It's important to remember the sequence of darkness that has overtaken free peoples in the world in similarity of affect as recorded in world history. Economic failure, social unrest, trends of unneccessary or fictional causes for security measure which inhibit freedoms, a rapid centralization of power, the following militarization of power, and the final and last division of class warfare...A tyrannical police state and dictatorship V/S subjugated people.
Like the way you said that,, Thanks

66,000 and counting is the present number of the civilian army Obama wanted. Rem. One as large, as well financed and one as well equipped. Think of the killing of a American Citizen by way of Drone planes as a prelude to keeping us in line here. It's coming,, you dem/libs have just gone too far without any controls
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Only in America could the "rich people" - who pay 86% of all federal income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any federal income taxes at all.

Since: Jul 10

Cumberland City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be offended by the term "Teapublican," yet you previously referred to "demoncrats." Hypocrisy?
I might be offended if I were a " teapublican " but as I answered the question already. I`m am not a " teapublican " therefore not offended nor a hypocrite.

Demoncrats are on the other hand top shelve hypocrites.

Offence intended.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in America, huh? Wow. That'd make a great song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Wow, a walk down memory lane to be sure! I truly LUV that song, even if it shows my age. Lol! Thanks brother!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU SAID:"I have changed as well, but I assure you, not as much as my former party has !"LOL
Yes you have changed, that is if you were ever a republican which I doubt. You are one of those Fricken Dem/libs that set on the fence and shout 'I am on your side' and all the while, would stab a person, party, cause, etc. in the back if it was not going your way. Right now in the government, you have everything you wanted yet you still complain. Harry Reid will not let anything pass thru the senate so even though the congress as you would put it 'is in the enemies hands',cannot do anything to help or hurt! Now the Government will continue to grow, the country will go further in debt, more people will lose their jobs, get on welfare, food stamps, disability and unemployment, health care will get worse and cost more, privacy will be a thing of the past, guns will be marginalized, property and the so-called 'property rights' will go out the window, and during the next four years, things will change so Obama can get re-elected again. A perpetual one party gov. that will take care of 'YOU'. People like you are pushing it that way in hopes of finding a 'Utopia'. Over the previous 200+ years it has been tried and failed. With the help of the mainstream media, and a lot of Dem/libs holding high offices in the gov., it will not fail this time. You will get what you want up to a point, THEN the pendulum sill swing the other way and you.......... will shout to the other side of the fence,of course from the top of the fence!!
You are certainly entitled to your own opinion ! Since this is an anonymous forum, I have no reason to lie...what would that prove ? Your post indicates that there is only black and white. I see many shades of grey. Neither Republicans nor Democrats represent all of the views I espouse, so the choice becomes a scale. Which political positions come closest to the ones important to me and which are not. That scale has shifted over the years. If you are satisfied that Republicans represent everything you believe in, by all means vote for them. I will give you a ride to the polls...but your opinions carry no more weight and your vote is no more important than mine.
Just as the silly predictions from radical Democrats during the Bush years predicted that "W" would not yield the presidency after his term, here come rhe radical Republicans predicting a never ending Obama Administration. I called the Dems on that then and I call you on it now. This is not how America works and it never will be.
It is my opinion that the Republican Party will have to change to closer represent 21st century America, or their appeal to voters will continue to diminish. As far as stabbing a "party" in the back, I do not owe my vote to any party, and when they cease to represent a majority of my interests and my values I will withhold my vote and my influence.
Teapublican

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>I might be offended if I were a " teapublican " but as I answered the question already. I`m am not a " teapublican " therefore not offended nor a hypocrite.
Offence intended.
no one cares
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You neglected to compare our nation's defense spending against those other nations. I know the response will divert to "entitlement spending" (predictably), however...
No---What are all the other countries protecting. The 'little fella' Why have a big army except to overthrow the present gov.???

Then the question is,'Why do we have to police the world?' we are isolated with two oceans, they certainly would not come here? Let them kill each other.

WRONG! In a heart-beat they would come here FIRST. To answer the first question is to only say,'It is our 'Resposibility' given to us by saving the world from itself at least twice during the last 100 years.'

To answer the 2nd question is to say, The invading country would not take the route of Hitler (invading Europe) but rather would target us. If we fall, They (Europe) are nothing to worry about.

'Rem Pearl Harbor' Back then, those ships were all we had to defend ourselves with. Yes, we had some in the Atlantic but not much, the submarines pretty much kept them at bay. Now today, we have Carrier Groups that contain from 50 to 100 ships.I believe we have about 6 Carrier Groups. One Nuke would take one whole group out. Yes, they have defenses but like the Homeland Security and FBI, etc. here, they will have to perfect every time and the terrorist or invading country will have to be right only once. It takes time to move a Carrier Group and by that time, boots on the ground at LA, SF, others,is a real possibility. As in the movie "Red Dawn", imagine our country cut in thirds or half. Hey, China or someone already fired off a missile from a submarine within the 200 mile water border of the West Coast. Could have been a nuke and nothing could have been done to prevent detonation. The bottom line is if we do not maintain a ready, well equipped military, in both manpower and support material we will be like a 'Fly is to S-tore H-igh i-n T-ransit'. The one thing about Nukes, and I am sure all of you minorities will like this, they are indiscriminate. They cull no-one. Have nice dreams now!!!!!

Cumberland City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Guess you missed the two post that asked me if I am a " teapublican ".
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Speaking for myself, I'm never offended by the "teapublican" reference. I am a registered republican, and fully ascribe to tea-party principles of constitutional governance, enumerated powers, separation of powers, limited powers, governance by budgetary affordability and fiscal soundness. In short, attempting to operate government in similar prudence and care exercised by citizens managing their homes and businesses, etetera...

What I have difficulty with, as such, is being considered someone more dangerous to America than al-Qeada, and other such nonsense as a result! But, that's just me.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>I might be offended if I were a " teapublican " but as I answered the question already. I`m am not a " teapublican " therefore not offended nor a hypocrite.
Offence intended.
I think we need some definition classes around here.

What is a TeaParty person (teapublican)

Don't look at the Dictionary----look in your own heart as to what you feel (not been told) what they are and what they stand for.

Here is my take:

First and foremost they are conservative (Right to middle)
They are your grandparents, seniors, middle aged people who believe in "Smaller Government", The business entrepreneur, security in ours schools, stamping out criminals and on and on.

They believe in our constitution, its bill of rights, a Fair day wage for a good days work, right to life, buns, mom, sweetheart and apple pie.

The reason why the dem/libs hate them (teaparty) so much is they are the only threat to their ideology. They have to marginalize us to maintain their control over the nation.

I did say 'us' in the last sentence. As I stated before, I am a conservative and believe in most of the Teaparty fundamentals. It does not bother me if you dem/libs demeanor them, it just shows their ignorance. I feel sorry for ignorant people. Because they don't know or try to find the Truth, they are damned(cursed) to live a lie all their lives.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>Funny yes,...but way off course. The only thing that should be sent to the U.N. should be sent by our president. An envoy should deliver a formal "Article of Declination" wherein American sovereignty would be reinstated and the U.S. Constitution affirmed as the highest and most supreme law of our great land. I shudder to think Americans are forced to underwrite this corrupt organization of theives, spies and subversives...America haters all! But, they love our dollars!
I gotta agree with him on this post.
awe

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not certain you are prepared for what I presently think. I suppose I should first ascertain if you authored the flagship of indecency recently launched against SSS and those of us burdened to read it! If so, I wish to declare such an act decisive cause to exclude you from a group of individuals I will engage with on topix, or elsewhere. If I am in error here, I gladly offer apology. If not, I must tell you this post was offensive beyond prurience, and most unwelcomed by me.
While those in our group heartilly joust with each other in robust debate, argument, confrontation, satire, parody, sinicism, one-up-manship and the rest of it, The spectacle of this post falls outside the purview of social acceptability. Triple (S) remains on the opposite spectrum of most of what I believe, but does not deserve this brand of filthiness!
awe, ow sweet of you to defend the nasty camden skank!. I really don't care if you don't like me calling him/her names. Opnions are like,well you. The old saying wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up faster is my answer to this. You don't like what i say about her,well DON'T READ IT!!! Noone is forcing you to read what me or anyone else post to her/him about her/him! Him/her doesn't have a problem saying nasty things about anyone who doesn't agree with her/him views! You want to defend the skank,you can suck it too!!!
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I gotta agree with him on this post.
How are you today?

Cumberland City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking for myself, I'm never offended by the "teapublican" reference. I am a registered republican, and fully ascribe to tea-party principles of constitutional governance, enumerated powers, separation of powers, limited powers, governance by budgetary affordability and fiscal soundness. In short, attempting to operate government in similar prudence and care exercised by citizens managing their homes and businesses, etetera...
What I have difficulty with, as such, is being considered someone more dangerous to America than al-Qeada, and other such nonsense as a result! But, that's just me.
It is a common tactic of Demoncrats to use this tactic. When they don`t have a leg to stand on they then accuse the other side of the vilest accusations in an attempt to attack the person they disagree with. It has ramped up since this last president took office. It has worked to a degree but now people are just plain tired of being labeled just because they disagree with a certain person or party. I have been aware of the tactic for years and it has never worked in silencing me. I can sling mud with the best of em. Very few demoncrats can you debate with these days because they have been brainwashed into thinking the rest of us are evil when in fact....
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You are certainly entitled to your own opinion ! Since this is an anonymous forum, I have no reason to lie...what would that prove ? Your post indicates that there is only black and white. I see many shades of grey. Neither Republicans nor Democrats represent all of the views I espouse, so the choice becomes a scale. Which political positions come closest to the ones important to me and which are not. That scale has shifted over the years. If you are satisfied that Republicans represent everything you believe in, by all means vote for them. I will give you a ride to the polls...but your opinions carry no more weight and your vote is no more important than mine.
Just as the silly predictions from radical Democrats during the Bush years predicted that "W" would not yield the presidency after his term, here come rhe radical Republicans predicting a never ending Obama Administration. I called the Dems on that then and I call you on it now. This is not how America works and it never will be.
It is my opinion that the Republican Party will have to change to closer represent 21st century America, or their appeal to voters will continue to diminish. As far as stabbing a "party" in the back, I do not owe my vote to any party, and when they cease to represent a majority of my interests and my values I will withhold my vote and my influence.
OK, By your explaining yourself, I believe you were a Repub. I myself have voted over the years for many Democrats. They were once know as the peoples party. They got farm subsidies started to help the farmer, they got welfare to help the dustbowl-depression era people and many more bills that actually helped people.(medicare, medicaid, etc.) They killed 50,000 soldier in Vietnam. Since the early 60's they have gradually changed to becoming more liberal to what they are no-days. There are a few (very few) democrat conservatives left. Yes, in years I have voted for democrats, republicans, independents, libertarians,etc. You might say I have changed my party (not quite as dramatic as you)to being an independent. We can debate the different topics (including the gray areas) that both parties have or don't have. Hopefully without the talking points and just the truth. I will say this: Yes, there were radicals telling everyone that would listen that Clinton and Bush would get a third term. In those situations, there was no way they could get a third term. They did not have the votes to overturn an amendment. By the end of the third year, Obama will have those votes. We are rapidly becoming a nation of takers and by the next election (two years), we will have another majority in congress thus setting the stage. Like Roosevelt, Obama will be so popular that the necessary paper work to overturn this amendment will pass both houses and begin their trek through the states. Now - one thing you need to rem. the ratification process takes years, however, once the process is started, he would be able to obtain a third term legally. Take a look at the Emancipation/Proclamation that was in force long before it was radified. In fact the last state to ratify it was Mississippi, this year.

If over 50% of the people are takers, they are not going to give up a good living but in fact want more. No, I am not talking about SSN or Medicare. Welfare, food stamps, disability, child care: One women recently on the news this week gets approx.$80,000 per year while sitting at home with two kids. Need I say more. We can drive each other to the polls together, and vote differently in any election. I do respect yours or anybody else's vote as long as it is an informed vote. I fought for, believe in and live with the idea that the vote is our most valuable right.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
Just curios:
74+3*0+1 =
That 'd be 4

All other questions are answered by #42

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,961 - 61,980 of139,024
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
HAWKS let us see his dark soul while drunk 6 min Rhett Scarlett 6
Laura........ 16 min Lol 6
marraige 33 min married 1
liz bailey had court today is she in jail????? (Jan '14) 43 min Matlock 3
World Cup FINALS... 51 min Dr Wu 18
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 2 hr Knightowl3am 3,339
haley banks 2 hr wow 4
WHAT R ALL U Silent Viewers Reading??? 9 hr cretin56 168
suicide on viking mountain 12 hr hill folk 31