lol

Jackson, TN

#68514 Feb 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
If the GOP does it, that will be the end for them as a viable Political Party. In 2014, Donald Duck could run for Congress against the Teapublican Candidate, and win by a Landslide!
----------
"G.O.P. Is Resisting Obama Pressure On Tax Increase."
Click here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/21/us/politics...
you're such a stupid nasty slut with no morals! obvious by the avatars you use. Funny nones of your nasty ass
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#68515 Feb 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Sequestration Could Mean Across-The-Board Pain."
Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5757040...
Sequestration was Obama's idea, and just last year he said he'd veto any bill that didn't include the cuts that now will cause "Across-The-Board Pain."

Is Obama admitting he screwed up?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#68516 Feb 21, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Sequestration was Obama's idea, and just last year he said he'd veto any bill that didn't include the cuts that now will cause "Across-The-Board Pain."
And you and your fellow Teapublicans accuse me of "spinning"! Man, you're spinning like a Top! It won't change a thing, wait until next year, if the Teapublicans don't get some sense, and see if I didn't tell you right! It'll be , "Goodbye, Teapublicans" and Good Riddance!

Location hidden

#68517 Feb 21, 2013
"Upcoming Budget Deadline Could Take Toll On Airport Travelers."

Click here:
http://www.wkrn.com/story/21291956/upcoming-b...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#68518 Feb 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
If the GOP does it, that will be the end for them as a viable Political Party. In 2014, Donald Duck could run for Congress against the Teapublican Candidate, and win by a Landslide!
----------
"G.O.P. Is Resisting Obama Pressure On Tax Increase."
Click here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/21/us/politics...
Good morning ! Unfortunately,a LARGE number the House Republicans have little to fear in a general election since most hold very safe seats in very red districts...what they fear is primaries from their right. This explains the take no prisoners attitude of the tea party members and the few pragmatists left in the Republican caucus. They have nothing to lose from standing firm, and a potential primary challenge from their right if they show any sign of compromise. This strategy saves their tails in their own districts but may prove devastating to the long term viability of the Republican brand nationally.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68519 Feb 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Dunlapian, yes I watched, "Hubris". I had seen most of it before in disjointed Reports from many different Sources. But, to see it all together in the form of a documentary, made me so furious that I was clinching my fists to the point that I dug my nails into my palms and didn't even realize it.
If I could dig up LBJ, I would set him along side Bush, Cheney, and all their other Lower Administration Officials, who knowlingly helped perpetrate this Hoax on the American People, and smile as they were giving what they deserve.
I wish everybody would watch this. It doesn't matter what your Politics are, or even if you believe it...it is History and History will prove it's truth, at some point. You just need to know about it, as a cautionary Tale, so that we do eveything in our power, as Americans, to make sure it NEVER happens, again! Twice in my Lifetime, is twice too many!
----------
"Hubris: Selling the Iraq War."
Click here:
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26315908/#50852099
Linda, watching "Hubris", was like being a "Monday Morning Quarter-Back" and just seeing what Johnson(D) did to get use into the Vietnam War for nothing at the cost of over 58,000 American lives.
Only later to have Bush(R) do the same thing with Iraq at the cost of over 4,000 American lives and a cost of over $3 trillion dollars.
Your right every American should watch just what our Government can do to our Country, Democrat or Republican alike.
Hercules

Grimsley, TN

#68520 Feb 21, 2013
Have a great day everyone.

Location hidden

#68521 Feb 21, 2013
Dunlapian, did you post that your Brother was on the USS Liberty...or was it a different Ship?
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#68522 Feb 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
And you and your fellow Teapublicans accuse me of "spinning"! Man, you're spinning like a Top! It won't change a thing, wait until next year, if the Teapublicans don't get some sense, and see if I didn't tell you right! It'll be , "Goodbye, Teapublicans" and Good Riddance!
Spinning? Are you saying Sequestration was NOT Obama's idea?

Are you saying that he did NOT say last year that he would veto any bill that didn't include sequestration cuts?
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#68523 Feb 21, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Linda, watching "Hubris", was like being a "Monday Morning Quarter-Back" and just seeing what Johnson(D) did to get use into the Vietnam War for nothing at the cost of over 58,000 American lives.
Only later to have Bush(R) do the same thing with Iraq at the cost of over 4,000 American lives and a cost of over $3 trillion dollars.
Your right every American should watch just what our Government can do to our Country, Democrat or Republican alike.
To personalize that 58,000 lives lost....

There are 58,267 names now listed on that polished black wall, including those added in 2010.

The names are arranged in the order in which they were taken from us by date and within each date the names are alphabetized.

It is hard to believe it is 36 years since the last casualties.

The first known casualty was Richard B. Fitzgibbon, of North Weymouth , Mass. Listed by the U.S. Department of Defense as having been killed on June 8, 1956. His name is listed on the Wall with that of his son, Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Richard B. Fitzgibbon III, who was killed on Sept. 7, 1965.

There are three sets of fathers and sons on the Wall.

39,996 on the Wall were just 22 or younger.

8,283 were just 19 years old.

The largest age group, 33,103 were 18 years old.

12 soldiers on the Wall were 17 years old.

5 soldiers on the Wall were 16 years old.

One soldier, PFC Dan Bullock was 15 years old.

997 soldiers were killed on their first day in Vietnam.

1,448 soldiers were killed on their last day in Vietnam.

31 sets of brothers are on the Wall.

Thirty one sets of parents lost two of their sons.

54 soldiers attended Thomas Edison High School in Philadelphia.

8 Women are on the Wall, nursing the wounded.

244 soldiers were awarded the Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War; 153 of them are on the Wall.

Beallsville , Ohio with a population of 475 lost 6 of her sons.

West Virginia had the highest casualty rate per capita in the nation. There are 711 West Virginians on the Wall.

The Marines of Morenci - They led some of the scrappiest high school football and basketball teams that the little Arizona copper town of Morenci (pop. 5,058) had ever known and cheered. They enjoyed roaring beer busts. In quieter moments, they rode horses along the Coronado Trail, stalked deer in the Apache National Forest . And in the patriotic camaraderie typical of Morenci's mining families, the nine graduates of Morenci High enlisted as a group in the Marine Corps. Their service began on Independence Day, 1966. Only 3 returned home.

The Buddies of Midvale - LeRoy Tafoya, Jimmy Martinez, Tom Gonzales were all boyhood friends and lived on three consecutive streets in Midvale, Utah on Fifth, Sixth and Seventh avenues. They lived only a few yards apart. They played ball at the adjacent sandlot ball field. And they all went to Vietnam. In a span of 16 dark days in late 1967, all three would be killed. LeRoy was killed on Wednesday, Nov. 22, the fourth anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination. Jimmy died less than 24 hours later on Thanksgiving Day. Tom was shot dead assaulting the enemy on Dec. 7, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.

The most casualty deaths for a single day was on January 31, 1968 ~ 245 deaths.

The most casualty deaths for a single month was May 1968 - 2,415 casualties were incurred.

For most Americans who read this they will only see the numbers that the Vietnam War created. To those who survived the war, and to the families of those who did not, we see the faces, we feel the pain that these numbers created. We are, until we too pass away, haunted with these numbers, because they were our friends, fathers, husbands, wives, sons and daughters.

http://veterans.branson.com/2011/09/23/intere...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68524 Feb 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Dunlapian, did you post that your Brother was on the USS Liberty...or was it a different Ship?
Yes he was and he was wounded. President Johnson(D) ordered the planes that were sent by the U.S.S. Saratoga to help the U.S.S. Liberty to be returned to the U.S.S. Saratoga. President Johnson(D) said Quote, "I don't want to embarrass our ally.
At the time even the U.S.S. Liberty didn't know who was attacking them!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68525 Feb 21, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
To personalize that 58,000 lives lost....
There are 58,267 names now listed on that polished black wall, including those added in 2010.
The names are arranged in the order in which they were taken from us by date and within each date the names are alphabetized.
It is hard to believe it is 36 years since the last casualties.
The first known casualty was Richard B. Fitzgibbon, of North Weymouth , Mass. Listed by the U.S. Department of Defense as having been killed on June 8, 1956. His name is listed on the Wall with that of his son, Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Richard B. Fitzgibbon III, who was killed on Sept. 7, 1965.
There are three sets of fathers and sons on the Wall.
39,996 on the Wall were just 22 or younger.
8,283 were just 19 years old.
The largest age group, 33,103 were 18 years old.
12 soldiers on the Wall were 17 years old.
5 soldiers on the Wall were 16 years old.
One soldier, PFC Dan Bullock was 15 years old.
997 soldiers were killed on their first day in Vietnam.
1,448 soldiers were killed on their last day in Vietnam.
31 sets of brothers are on the Wall.
Thirty one sets of parents lost two of their sons.
54 soldiers attended Thomas Edison High School in Philadelphia.
8 Women are on the Wall, nursing the wounded.
244 soldiers were awarded the Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War; 153 of them are on the Wall.
Beallsville , Ohio with a population of 475 lost 6 of her sons.
West Virginia had the highest casualty rate per capita in the nation. There are 711 West Virginians on the Wall.
The Marines of Morenci - They led some of the scrappiest high school football and basketball teams that the little Arizona copper town of Morenci (pop. 5,058) had ever known and cheered. They enjoyed roaring beer busts. In quieter moments, they rode horses along the Coronado Trail, stalked deer in the Apache National Forest . And in the patriotic camaraderie typical of Morenci's mining families, the nine graduates of Morenci High enlisted as a group in the Marine Corps. Their service began on Independence Day, 1966. Only 3 returned home.
The Buddies of Midvale - LeRoy Tafoya, Jimmy Martinez, Tom Gonzales were all boyhood friends and lived on three consecutive streets in Midvale, Utah on Fifth, Sixth and Seventh avenues. They lived only a few yards apart. They played ball at the adjacent sandlot ball field. And they all went to Vietnam. In a span of 16 dark days in late 1967, all three would be killed. LeRoy was killed on Wednesday, Nov. 22, the fourth anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination. Jimmy died less than 24 hours later on Thanksgiving Day. Tom was shot dead assaulting the enemy on Dec. 7, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.
The most casualty deaths for a single day was on January 31, 1968 ~ 245 deaths.
The most casualty deaths for a single month was May 1968 - 2,415 casualties were incurred.
For most Americans who read this they will only see the numbers that the Vietnam War created. To those who survived the war, and to the families of those who did not, we see the faces, we feel the pain that these numbers created. We are, until we too pass away, haunted with these numbers, because they were our friends, fathers, husbands, wives, sons and daughters.
http://veterans.branson.com/2011/09/23/intere...
.......and Nuh, did you know if an American soldier,Marine,sailor,airman just outside of the war zone was killed, he is not on that Wall.

Location hidden

#68526 Feb 21, 2013
I did not know that! WHY???

Location hidden

#68527 Feb 21, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth Detector, READ THIS , CAREFULLY! And then, stop parroting the Teapublican Talking Points without checking them out first, to verify them!

Click here:
http://factcheck.org/2013/02/the-obamaquester...

Location hidden

#68528 Feb 21, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning ! Unfortunately,a LARGE number the House Republicans have little to fear in a general election since most hold very safe seats in very red districts...what they fear is primaries from their right. This explains the take no prisoners attitude of the tea party members and the few pragmatists left in the Republican caucus. They have nothing to lose from standing firm, and a potential primary challenge from their right if they show any sign of compromise. This strategy saves their tails in their own districts but may prove devastating to the long term viability of the Republican brand nationally.
Good Morning, OT. I wonder how many Conservatives will finally wise up, when they lose their Jobs or Unemployment Compensation...and decide that their Party is NOT working for them, only the Wealthiest. I know, I'm just a Cock-eyed Optimist, but they have to face reality sometime, I would think, surely!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#68529 Feb 21, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>.......and Nuh, did you know if an American soldier,Marine,sailor,airman just outside of the war zone was killed, he is not on that Wall.
I have an acquaintance who was dropped into Cambodia so many times that at the age of 66, his knees are now shot. He was one of many whose job was to kill targeted people.

Their missions never happened and there is no record of them ever happening. Those who did not make it back to their extraction zones did not exit.

Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#68530 Feb 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth Detector, READ THIS , CAREFULLY! And then, stop parroting the Teapublican Talking Points without checking them out first, to verify them!
Click here:
http://factcheck.org/2013/02/the-obamaquester...
From the article:

"Obama’s then-director of the Office of Management and Budget, Jacob Lew, and White House Legislative Affairs Director Rob Nabors who brought the idea of sequestration to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid before it was proposed to Republicans in Congress."

That makes it Obama's baby.

But I noticed that you forgot about this:

President Obama: I will veto any effort to get rid of the sequester cuts

&fe ature=youtube_gdata

I guess he was "for" the cuts before he was against them, huh?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68531 Feb 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I did not know that! WHY???
Well Linda, President Johnson(D) is dead, but from my point of view he was able to get us into the Vietnam War, with the U.S.S. Maddox incident, why not push the envelope to the edge again, but this time use the U.S.S. Liberty, but make damn sure she is sunk.......but with all of the might of the I.D.F. they did not sink her!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68532 Feb 21, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an acquaintance who was dropped into Cambodia so many times that at the age of 66, his knees are now shot. He was one of many whose job was to kill targeted people.
Their missions never happened and there is no record of them ever happening. Those who did not make it back to their extraction zones did not exit.
Yeah TD, a few years ago I was trying to look up some names on the wall, and they were not there.......so after talking to some other friends they told me if they were killed outside of the warzone it never happened in the war.
Points of light

Grimsley, TN

#68533 Feb 21, 2013
thanks for serving your country

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 6 min Jennifer Renee 3,936
Michael Aaron Lovelace statutory rape of a 16 y... 17 min Morristown resident 8
Vols Suck! (Sep '10) 30 min BeastOfBurden 171
Should have voted Arrowood 30 min Voter 1
Fog lights and queers 39 min BeastOfBurden 15
GVDC is it cost effective or wasteful Governmen... 1 hr county could use 14
HAWK n SPORTS wife beater laws on teh books 1 hr Poor Girls 1
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 1 hr Pardon Burns 29
CD girls team and coach touching in the past 3 hr Fresh MuffLER 12
Mike Jackson, Jr. 7 hr Wandering 3
•••
•••
•••