Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3,053)

Showing posts 61,041 - 61,060 of123,912
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
really

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67591
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

But we are not in a war with Iraq?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67592
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

"Incomes Flat In Recovery, But Not For The 1%."

Click here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/16/business/ec... ;
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67593
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
. Give MSNBC's history, how much of that do you actually think is going to be factual. Don't bash Fox News if you blindly follow MSNBC. That would be the ultimate in hypocrisy.
I am pretty good at deciding when I am being fed bill of goods and when something is factual....so no matter MSNBC leans left or FOX and Rush lean right, I can watch/listen to all of them, and fairly quickly determine the truthfulness of their FACTS with a few keystrokes. That is the best thing about the internet... there is a wealth of info. that can be quickly accessed. For example, I get a dozen or so viral e-mails from left and right wing sources a week (or more)! Most of them are not factual...and you will never see me posting their "facts" until I have taken a moment to check their veracity.
The truth isn't slanted...it is simply the truth, no matter the messenger...I wish there was more interest by the network news bureaus to examine how we got into war with Iraq, since that examination MIGHT prevent another disaster down the road. Then again...there would be those (like Palin) slinging the "lame stream media" accusation !
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67594
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

4

really wrote:
But we are not in a war with Iraq?
No!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67595
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA had to do what they did with Saddam because we are the ones who helped him to power in the first place. Just like Noriega in Panama, it was another mess that we made by interfering in the affairs of another country. Once the CIA got us into this mess, we had to clean it up.
The following is an excerpt from the book "Sorrows of the Empire" by Chalmers Johnson pg 223
snip:In July 1979, Iraq also acquired a new leader, Saddam Hussein al-Tikriti of the Ba'ath Party. Slightly more than 20 years earlier, in 1958, Iraqi military officers inspired by Gamal Abdel Nasser's nationalist revolt in 1952 against the British backed monarchy in Egypt, had seized power and taken the country in a Soviet leaning direction. The leader of the coup, General Abdel-Karim Kassem, proclaimed a republic, withdrew from the anti Soviet Baghdad Pact, legalized the Communist Party, decreed wide ranging land reform, and even granted autonomy to the Kurds in the north. These shifts, coming at the height of the Cold War, were too much for the US-CIA director Allan Dulles publicly called Iraq "the most dangerous spot in the world"- and in 1963, the CIA supported the anti communist Ba'ath Party's efforts to bring Kassem's republic to an end. Ba'ath activists, including a youthful Saddam Hussein, gunned down Kassem and many others on a list the CIA supplied. The plotters were able, however, only to create a coalition government. In 1968, the CIA again fomented a palace revolt in which the Ba'athists eliminated their coalition partners and assumed direct control. According to Roger Morris, a staff member of the national Security Council during the Johnson and Nixon administrations, "It was a regime that was really primary". In July 1979, the same year as the anti American revolution in Iran, Saddam Hussein replaced his mentor, Ahmad Hasan al-Bakr, as president, a position he held until 2003. He was like many other famous beneficiaries of American political intrigue before and since, a CIA "asset".
I will add that we had no business staying as long as we did. Once Saddam was out and a new Government in place, we should have started withdrawal and been totally out in a year. It does not take 10 years to train a military to police their country.
I also place more blame on Bush 1 for letting the UN convince him not to take out Saddam during "Desert Storm". I said then that he should have gone on in to Baghdad and put an end to this Dictator. We had them defeated with superior air power and the last few miles would not have been as costly as this war has been. Unfortunately, after 8 years of Clinton cutting the military and intelligence funding, we no longer had the ability to launch a similar campaign.
Dang, someone should have given you a funny 'judge-it' for that post because you made me LOL! Both Bush administrations were gunning for Saddam and spent trillions in doing so, but now it is Clintons fault - still LOL! When has a Bush ever not done anything war related because of lack of money? Just put it on the tab is their motto where war is concerned.
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67596
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information, I am not and never have been a Fan of "Colin" (learn to spell his Name right, if you are claiming to know what you're talking about...which you obviously don't) Powell! But, according to his Chief Assistant (who I am a Fan of), Powell was lied to by the Head of the CIA and he took his word for it.
Of course, Cheney was making almost daily trips over to the CIA Hdqts. and nobody could figure out why, since that was highly unusual for a Vice-President to do...but, we know why now, after all the Congressional Hearings and testimonies...and the CIA Director's Book told why. Not that the CIA Director, at the time, is the most truthful Man in the World...just the opposite, actually...but the FACT that Cheney has never denied it, refuses to discuss it, and never sued the CIA Director for publishing false, damaging information about Cheney and Bush, pretty much says that it was true!
Tenet...that was the CIA Director's Name...George Tenet! Worthless Scoundrel, IMO! But, he fit right in with Bush and Cheney!
It's funny you get on here and accuse people for lying when you have a fake avatar and a fake name.1 nothing about you is sexy. from your old ugly face to your cankels. You are nasty,disgusting and skanky.2 the avatar is of another woman no doubt,dman sure isn't you. 3 even the avatar is trashy,that and the senior are the only things you didnt lie about!
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67597
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
No!
well obviously you are a dumbass,no hope for you

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67598
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

5

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I am pretty good at deciding when I am being fed bill of goods and when something is factual....so no matter MSNBC leans left or FOX and Rush lean right, I can watch/listen to all of them, and fairly quickly determine the truthfulness of their FACTS with a few keystrokes. That is the best thing about the internet... there is a wealth of info. that can be quickly accessed. For example, I get a dozen or so viral e-mails from left and right wing sources a week (or more)! Most of them are not factual...and you will never see me posting their "facts" until I have taken a moment to check their veracity.
The truth isn't slanted...it is simply the truth, no matter the messenger...I wish there was more interest by the network news bureaus to examine how we got into war with Iraq, since that examination MIGHT prevent another disaster down the road. Then again...there would be those (like Palin) slinging the "lame stream media" accusation !
OT, it was discussed everyday on just about every News Source available...Congressional Hearings galore, included, while it was going on and until the Economy crashed and then, Obama was elected and started pulling our Troops out. Then, the attention shifted to Afghanistan and how to recover from the Economic Crash that Bush/Cheney caused.
You may not have known it because I'm sure you were busy working, but I watched & read all of it. And got more angry each day, as more information came out!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67599
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

lol wrote:
<quoted text>well obviously you are a dumbass,no hope for you
OK, keep telling yourself that... LOL

I guess OT was right about knocking on that door...

BTW - the USA is not at war with Iraq ;)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67600
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

BTW, Bush extended our occupation of Iraq, also, because the Newly-formed Iraqi Parliment wouldn't give the entire Oil Rights to the U.S. Big Oil Companies ONLY!
Instead, the Iraqi Parliment divided them up equally among the Oil Companies of several different Nations.
So, the Iraqi War was totally unnecessary and after wasting all that American Blood and Treasure, Bush and Cheney STILL didn't get what they were after!
For that reason, alone, Bush and Cheney should be tried for Treason..and executed!
Instead we bought Cheney a new Heart, so the SOB could live to torment us and do more damage, if he gets half a chance!
really

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67601
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, keep telling yourself that... LOL
I guess OT was right about knocking on that door...
BTW - the USA is not at war with Iraq ;)
ok lets dumb it down for you.Is there U.S troops still in Iraq?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67602
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>OT, it was discussed everyday on just about every News Source available...Congressional Hearings galore, included, while it was going on and until the Economy crashed and then, Obama was elected and started pulling our Troops out. Then, the attention shifted to Afghanistan and how to recover from the Economic Crash that Bush/Cheney caused.
You may not have known it because I'm sure you were busy working, but I watched & read all of it. And got more angry each day, as more information came out!
<<SHM>>. Just an old idiot!
sad

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67603
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

SexySassySenior wrote:
BTW, Bush extended our occupation of Iraq, also, because the Newly-formed Iraqi Parliment wouldn't give the entire Oil Rights to the U.S. Big Oil Companies ONLY!
Instead, the Iraqi Parliment divided them up equally among the Oil Companies of several different Nations.
So, the Iraqi War was totally unnecessary and after wasting all that American Blood and Treasure, Bush and Cheney STILL didn't get what they were after!
For that reason, alone, Bush and Cheney should be tried for Treason..and executed!
Instead we bought Cheney a new Heart, so the SOB could live to torment us and do more damage, if he gets half a chance!
This comment after you defend the low life Ex cop Christopher who killed innocent people!
Ted

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67607
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

sad wrote:
<quoted text>This comment after you defend the low life Ex cop Christopher who killed innocent people!
I wish Dorner could have taken out more of those corrupt bastards in LAPD!
BOO HOO

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67610
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, keep telling yourself that... LOL
I guess OT was right about knocking on that door...
BTW - the USA is not at war with Iraq ;)
TruellllIEE ""UNREAL""
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67613
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Not Willard wrote:
<quoted text>There in Germany,Japan and many other countries also. Are we at WAR with them ?? By your logic i guess we are.
I was going to go there, but decided it was a waste of time. He made a complete fool of himself, but that is a normal occurrence so it shouldn't bother him. Yet everyone else is a "dumbass"...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67614
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

really wrote:
<quoted text>ok lets dumb it down for you.Is there U.S troops still in Iraq?
Okay, let's smart it up for you -- Are there still U.S. troops in Iraq?
john

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67615
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>I was going to go there, but decided it was a waste of time. He made a complete fool of himself, but that is a normal occurrence so it shouldn't bother him. Yet everyone else is a "dumbass"...
I bet u like ball sweat.
BOO HOO

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67616
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to go there, but decided it was a waste of time. He made a complete fool of himself, but that is a normal occurrence so it shouldn't bother him. Yet everyone else is a "dumbass"...
WOOW U A MARTT WON
really

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67617
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Ted wrote:
<quoted text>I wish Dorner could have taken out more of those corrupt bastards in LAPD!
i wish he would have taken your dumbass out!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,041 - 61,060 of123,912
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WW rants same bs nearly 2 yrs ago 2 min Melissa1333 20
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 14 min Se7en187 197
Nolichucky River & USN 31 min peopleperson 21
Barb Sell 1 hr Friend 4
tony christian has sister named thelma 1 hr school 3
STALL TAPPER Republicans vote for one R 1 hr likes em big 3
Miranda church finley 1 hr old friend 14
wreck 107 3 hr DebuskEmentary 14
Greene County Clerk Race 8 hr Berry 128
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••