Pete

Elizabethton, TN

#67576 Feb 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree with you more. If they never pay a price for what they did, more than likely it will happen again.
At the very least, the American People need to have complete faith, without question, that when our President asks us to send out Sons and Daughters into War where they may lose their Lives, that is is exactly for the reason the President tells us it is and that, THAT reason is worth dying for!
There's a Special Place in He*l for any President who tells us a lie that costs us our Lives, or our Children's and Grandchildren's Lives! Bush and Cheney should be shown NO mercy NOR forgiveness for what they did!
Colin Powell is the one who went to the UN looking for support,sanctions and a military option for going to war against Iraq. Do you not remember the vivid pictures he showed to the UN after the initial meeting was over of what he said were WMD's? Good grief people, do you simply blindly follow anything liberal without paying attention to what actually happened. Colin Powell switched from being a republican to a liberal democrat, so now you agree with everything he says. Did you agree with him when he was a republican? President Obama sent more troops to Afghanistan. People died there too. Are you trashing him for this? Of course not, because he shares your liberal beliefs. Look, both political parties do good things and bad things. If you are only going to showcase what you feel are the bad things republicans do without any basis of fact, I could easily showcase numerous bad things liberals have done with plenty of facts. Being objective is a lot more productive than strictly being opinionated.

And the thing that amazes me the most is both of you can't want to watch MSNBC's documentary on this. Give MSNBC's history, how much of that do you actually think is going to be factual. Don't bash Fox News if you blindly follow MSNBC. That would be the ultimate in hypocrisy.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#67577 Feb 17, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>well what war are you talking about?
I was talking about your responses to the posters who were discussing the war. Did you even read what war they were talking about? Since you had such strong feelings about your defense of Bush and criticism of Obama, I would think you would know which war.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#67578 Feb 17, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>dumbass there are two wars we were in both dealing with the same terriorist. We are still in both wars! So dumbass you're the ignorant one
Ok, what two wars would that be?
lol

Jackson, TN

#67579 Feb 17, 2013
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about your responses to the posters who were discussing the war. Did you even read what war they were talking about? Since you had such strong feelings about your defense of Bush and criticism of Obama, I would think you would know which war.
yes the iraq war we are still in,is that the war you are refering too?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#67580 Feb 17, 2013
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking about your responses to the posters who were discussing the war. Did you even read what war they were talking about? Since you had such strong feelings about your defense of Bush and criticism of Obama, I would think you would know which war.
In all due respect. You may want to repost this exact post again to Linda when she awakens from her morning nap. I'm just saying...
lol

Jackson, TN

#67581 Feb 17, 2013
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, what two wars would that be?
well Iraq and afganistan gee now we see who the clueless dumbass is. I'm sure you dont remember Obama saying In '04, in the Chicago Tribune, Obama said, "There's not much of a difference between my position on Iraq and George Bush's position at this stage"
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#67582 Feb 17, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>Wow i'm not suprised you agreeI mean another dumbass that thinks Bush did soo wrong,yet Obama is still in the war>If it was soo wrong why didn't Obama pull the troops out as soon as he was elected the firest time.I mean he did promise that during the election the first time. You're a stupid ass,typical of the ones who voted for the dumbass in there now
I usually don't knock on your door since I am pretty sure nobody's home....but, the war being discussed is the one that ended, in IRAQ...The war we are still engaged in is the one in Afghanistan....you know the country that actually trained those who attacked us on 911...Most Americans SUPPORTED Bush and co. when they went to war in Afghanistan, myself included. I know it's hard to keep up when you are focused on cramming the most four lettered words into each post ....but TRY !
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#67583 Feb 17, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>yes the iraq war we are still in,is that the war you are refering too?
Yes, you said Obama is "still in". Have you been stoned for the last 14 months? News flash for you: We are not still at war with Iraq!

"By Joseph Logan

K-CROSSING, Kuwait | Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:25pm EST

(Reuters)- The last convoy of U.S. soldiers pulled out of Iraq on Sunday, ending nearly nine years of war..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/18/us-...

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#67584 Feb 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree with you more. If they never pay a price for what they did, more than likely it will happen again.
At the very least, the American People need to have complete faith, without question, that when our President asks us to send out Sons and Daughters into War where they may lose their Lives, that is is exactly for the reason the President tells us it is and that, THAT reason is worth dying for!
There's a Special Place in He*l for any President who tells us a lie that costs us our Lives, or our Children's and Grandchildren's Lives! Bush and Cheney should be shown NO mercy NOR forgiveness for what they did!
The USA had to do what they did with Saddam because we are the ones who helped him to power in the first place. Just like Noriega in Panama, it was another mess that we made by interfering in the affairs of another country. Once the CIA got us into this mess, we had to clean it up.

The following is an excerpt from the book "Sorrows of the Empire" by Chalmers Johnson pg 223

snip:In July 1979, Iraq also acquired a new leader, Saddam Hussein al-Tikriti of the Ba'ath Party. Slightly more than 20 years earlier, in 1958, Iraqi military officers inspired by Gamal Abdel Nasser's nationalist revolt in 1952 against the British backed monarchy in Egypt, had seized power and taken the country in a Soviet leaning direction. The leader of the coup, General Abdel-Karim Kassem, proclaimed a republic, withdrew from the anti Soviet Baghdad Pact, legalized the Communist Party, decreed wide ranging land reform, and even granted autonomy to the Kurds in the north. These shifts, coming at the height of the Cold War, were too much for the US-CIA director Allan Dulles publicly called Iraq "the most dangerous spot in the world"- and in 1963, the CIA supported the anti communist Ba'ath Party's efforts to bring Kassem's republic to an end. Ba'ath activists, including a youthful Saddam Hussein, gunned down Kassem and many others on a list the CIA supplied. The plotters were able, however, only to create a coalition government. In 1968, the CIA again fomented a palace revolt in which the Ba'athists eliminated their coalition partners and assumed direct control. According to Roger Morris, a staff member of the national Security Council during the Johnson and Nixon administrations, "It was a regime that was really primary". In July 1979, the same year as the anti American revolution in Iran, Saddam Hussein replaced his mentor, Ahmad Hasan al-Bakr, as president, a position he held until 2003. He was like many other famous beneficiaries of American political intrigue before and since, a CIA "asset".

I will add that we had no business staying as long as we did. Once Saddam was out and a new Government in place, we should have started withdrawal and been totally out in a year. It does not take 10 years to train a military to police their country.

I also place more blame on Bush 1 for letting the UN convince him not to take out Saddam during "Desert Storm". I said then that he should have gone on in to Baghdad and put an end to this Dictator. We had them defeated with superior air power and the last few miles would not have been as costly as this war has been. Unfortunately, after 8 years of Clinton cutting the military and intelligence funding, we no longer had the ability to launch a similar campaign.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#67585 Feb 17, 2013
Only in Tennessee.....

Elderly couple pulled over after their Buckeye car decal is mistaken for a marijuana leaf

"Apparently Ohio State – and college football in general – isn’t very popular in the state of Tennessee.

At least not with the police.

Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni, 65, and her husband were driving home to Plano, Texas from Columbus after attending her mother-in-law’s funeral when a pair of black police SUV’s stopped the couple a few miles outside of Memphis.

“Knowing I wasn’t speeding, I couldn’t imagine why,” Jonas-Boggioni told the Columbus Dispatch.“They were very serious. They had the body armor and the guns.”

On the back of Jonas-Boggioni’s car was a Buckeye leaf decal, similar to the one players’ have on their helmets, and cops mistakenly thought it was marijuana leaf.

“What are you doing with a marijuana sticker on your bumper?” one of the cops asked Jonas-Boggioni.

After trying to explain that the sticker was not a marijuana leaf and that she and her husband were not trafficking drugs cross-country, the police advised Jonas-Boggioni to remove the sticker as to not cause any more confusion.

You know, just in case there were any other moronic drug cops out there that didn’t actually know what a marijuana leaf looked like.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturd...

"Hey wachoo in jail for?"

'Felony marijuana stickers on motor vee-hickle.'

"Wow, you mihgt get life...."
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#67586 Feb 17, 2013
Maybe we should make a Chris Dorner day to celebrate this True American Hero.

Dozens of pro-Dorner protesters rally at LAPD HQ

http://news.yahoo.com/dozens-pro-dorner-prote...

“The 33-year-old has already inspired a burgeoning subculture of followers. While most don't condone killing, they see him as an outlaw hero who raged against powerful forces of authority, and some even question whether he really died.”

So THAT’S what happened to the idiots who “supported the troops” but not their mission.

Where’s Joan Baez when you need her?

Tributes include a ballad titled "El Matapolicias," or "The Police Killer," penned by a Mexican crooner with lyrics paying homage to Dorner, and a YouTube clip showing excerpts from a video game titled "Christopher Dorner's Last Stand Survival Game" whose opening frame declares him "A True American Hero."

Who do you think these rocket scientists voted for? Obama or Romney?

Location hidden

#67587 Feb 17, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
<<yawning>>
Colan Powell was a grown man giving a job to perform. If it became clear that his hands were tied by the President then his next move should have been to resign from his position. Rather, if we are to believe your nonsense, he hung around being paid for a job he wasn't doing and getting the benefits from having done so. He's no angel. He's guilty as charged. Of course with you anyone with dark skin is innocent of any wrong doing so pulling the race card is your way out as always.
For your information, I am not and never have been a Fan of "Colin" (learn to spell his Name right, if you are claiming to know what you're talking about...which you obviously don't) Powell! But, according to his Chief Assistant (who I am a Fan of), Powell was lied to by the Head of the CIA and he took his word for it.
Of course, Cheney was making almost daily trips over to the CIA Hdqts. and nobody could figure out why, since that was highly unusual for a Vice-President to do...but, we know why now, after all the Congressional Hearings and testimonies...and the CIA Director's Book told why. Not that the CIA Director, at the time, is the most truthful Man in the World...just the opposite, actually...but the FACT that Cheney has never denied it, refuses to discuss it, and never sued the CIA Director for publishing false, damaging information about Cheney and Bush, pretty much says that it was true!
Tenet...that was the CIA Director's Name...George Tenet! Worthless Scoundrel, IMO! But, he fit right in with Bush and Cheney!
really

Jackson, TN

#67588 Feb 17, 2013
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you said Obama is "still in". Have you been stoned for the last 14 months? News flash for you: We are not still at war with Iraq!
"By Joseph Logan
K-CROSSING, Kuwait | Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:25pm EST
(Reuters)- The last convoy of U.S. soldiers pulled out of Iraq on Sunday, ending nearly nine years of war..."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/18/us-...
The Institute for the Study of War (ISW) exported on February 8, 2013,“Anti-government protests continued for the sixth week in Anbar, Ninewa, and Salah ad-Din, with major protests in Fallajuh, Ramadi, Mosul, Samarra, and Tikrit. Protests also took place in Hawija in Kirkuk, Baquba in Diyala, and in the Baghdad neighborhoods of Doura and Ghazaliyah.” People are calling PM Maliki a dictator and demanding a return of their rights. While there have been car bomb attacks, interestingly many tribal leaders are calling for calm, are condemning violence, and are seeking to work their issues though legitimate and legal mechanisms.
really

Jackson, TN

#67589 Feb 17, 2013
The political and security situation in Iraq, especially in the area of Falllujah, is worsening and escalating. On January 25, 2013, Iraqi security forces fired on anti-government protesters in Fallujah. The security forces first died warning shots, but then fired directly at the crowd. In turn, the protestors torched several military and civilian vehicles. There were deaths and injuries. Sunnis in Anbar province are threatening to return to violence and abandon politics. Overall, the volume and lethality of terrorists attacks has risen in Iraq in January 2013

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#67590 Feb 17, 2013
Mississippi Gurl wrote:
Let me tell ya one Gawd damned thing, I pay for my own internet service, YOU DON`T pay anything for me, so I WILL post what I want to post, how I want to post, and to whom I want to post that you, you fcuking IDIOT! YOU DON`T run a motherflucking thing here little bytch, so REMEMBER that! ANYTIME you feel froggy bytch!!!!! Jump your ass in the water, and find out how deep and cold that it can and WILL BE! Don`t try pulling your topix moniter bullshit here, because grey boxes CAN`T be banned, you fcuking MORON! Now go get your bloomers out of the crack of your ass, and grow the fcuk up!! Or I WILL make YOU my next TARGET!
Tell that to Irving.
really

Jackson, TN

#67591 Feb 17, 2013
But we are not in a war with Iraq?

Location hidden

#67592 Feb 17, 2013
"Incomes Flat In Recovery, But Not For The 1%."

Click here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/16/business/ec... ;
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#67593 Feb 17, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
. Give MSNBC's history, how much of that do you actually think is going to be factual. Don't bash Fox News if you blindly follow MSNBC. That would be the ultimate in hypocrisy.
I am pretty good at deciding when I am being fed bill of goods and when something is factual....so no matter MSNBC leans left or FOX and Rush lean right, I can watch/listen to all of them, and fairly quickly determine the truthfulness of their FACTS with a few keystrokes. That is the best thing about the internet... there is a wealth of info. that can be quickly accessed. For example, I get a dozen or so viral e-mails from left and right wing sources a week (or more)! Most of them are not factual...and you will never see me posting their "facts" until I have taken a moment to check their veracity.
The truth isn't slanted...it is simply the truth, no matter the messenger...I wish there was more interest by the network news bureaus to examine how we got into war with Iraq, since that examination MIGHT prevent another disaster down the road. Then again...there would be those (like Palin) slinging the "lame stream media" accusation !
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#67594 Feb 17, 2013
really wrote:
But we are not in a war with Iraq?
No!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#67595 Feb 17, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA had to do what they did with Saddam because we are the ones who helped him to power in the first place. Just like Noriega in Panama, it was another mess that we made by interfering in the affairs of another country. Once the CIA got us into this mess, we had to clean it up.
The following is an excerpt from the book "Sorrows of the Empire" by Chalmers Johnson pg 223
snip:In July 1979, Iraq also acquired a new leader, Saddam Hussein al-Tikriti of the Ba'ath Party. Slightly more than 20 years earlier, in 1958, Iraqi military officers inspired by Gamal Abdel Nasser's nationalist revolt in 1952 against the British backed monarchy in Egypt, had seized power and taken the country in a Soviet leaning direction. The leader of the coup, General Abdel-Karim Kassem, proclaimed a republic, withdrew from the anti Soviet Baghdad Pact, legalized the Communist Party, decreed wide ranging land reform, and even granted autonomy to the Kurds in the north. These shifts, coming at the height of the Cold War, were too much for the US-CIA director Allan Dulles publicly called Iraq "the most dangerous spot in the world"- and in 1963, the CIA supported the anti communist Ba'ath Party's efforts to bring Kassem's republic to an end. Ba'ath activists, including a youthful Saddam Hussein, gunned down Kassem and many others on a list the CIA supplied. The plotters were able, however, only to create a coalition government. In 1968, the CIA again fomented a palace revolt in which the Ba'athists eliminated their coalition partners and assumed direct control. According to Roger Morris, a staff member of the national Security Council during the Johnson and Nixon administrations, "It was a regime that was really primary". In July 1979, the same year as the anti American revolution in Iran, Saddam Hussein replaced his mentor, Ahmad Hasan al-Bakr, as president, a position he held until 2003. He was like many other famous beneficiaries of American political intrigue before and since, a CIA "asset".
I will add that we had no business staying as long as we did. Once Saddam was out and a new Government in place, we should have started withdrawal and been totally out in a year. It does not take 10 years to train a military to police their country.
I also place more blame on Bush 1 for letting the UN convince him not to take out Saddam during "Desert Storm". I said then that he should have gone on in to Baghdad and put an end to this Dictator. We had them defeated with superior air power and the last few miles would not have been as costly as this war has been. Unfortunately, after 8 years of Clinton cutting the military and intelligence funding, we no longer had the ability to launch a similar campaign.
Dang, someone should have given you a funny 'judge-it' for that post because you made me LOL! Both Bush administrations were gunning for Saddam and spent trillions in doing so, but now it is Clintons fault - still LOL! When has a Bush ever not done anything war related because of lack of money? Just put it on the tab is their motto where war is concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Behold, Atheists' New Ten Commandments*' 10 min shapeshift 14
Feeling lonely for the holidays 13 min Dixie iron fist 97
Why so paranoid? 18 min Perry Noid 8
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 21 min People are pathetic 34
Murder of 8month baby by jennings in greenevill... 33 min TryToSmile 5
Pooja (Mar '14) 34 min TryToSmile 10
Does any one know anything bout the poor baby t... 47 min Friend 13
Principal at Mosheim 3 hr oh lawd 55
wheel tax 16 hr cougarnut 119
Aggravated Statutory Rape in Greene County Thu Counsler Bob 97
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info