Comments
60,501 - 60,520 of 146,283 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
Really Sassy

Johnson City, TN

#66943 Feb 14, 2013
Mississippi Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, I saw that, and I think i`m gonna highjack this thread, just so they will leave it, and have to go make another one! I think, every time I see one of the nerdy ones post, i`m gonna bust in with some slap in the face post, and make them all run away like the cowards that they already know they are!
The only thing you are going to do is hit your rocks, drank your beer, cash your crazy check, and wonder where your mommie is. The only reason anyone would run from you is because you smell so bad. I would love to jack them jaws, all you can do is run that dame stupid herpies infected mouth of yours. Thieving ass, I talked to your mom, you are lower than Whale shit, anything for a hit, is what she said. Drunken low life.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#66944 Feb 14, 2013
The "Guardian of the Middle Class", as President Obama presented himself in his state of the union address, is off to a luxury Presidents’ Day Weekend excursion to West Palm Beach, Florida.

That’s right, the lion of the unemployed and never gonna be employed, has not been able to play much golf recently with all the east cost snow and bad weather, so with unemployment still at eight percent, wages down 5%, and a negative GDP, Obama is taking his second vacation of 2013. The more astute of you might remember that he just finished his first vacation in Hawaii, only four long weeks ago. Or was that just the last vacation of 2012, that extended trough half of January? Well, never mind, he works so hard that he deserves his vacations.

While Obama may pay some hotel and other miscellaneous costs related to his vacation travel, taxpayers are on the hook for much of the expense, shelling out for the president’s travel aboard Air Force One, a cargo plane that carries supplies, and the cost of the president’s substantial staff and security retinue.

Obama presumably will head directly to some fabulous golf course, maybe even Trump’s Mar-a-Lago? Trump is known for playing both sides of the coin.

It’s not clear if Michelle is going with him – the White House announcement of Obama’s plans doesn’t mention her. Like most of the middle class, Latino’s, and African American’s, she usually goes skiing in the Rockies around this point in the year.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#66945 Feb 14, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunlapian, after yo said you were outta here, i told you to not let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.
To which you replied.
<quoted text>
No question here about Rubio and I did not refer to Rubio in my post to you.
I then replied "So lied when yopu said youi were outta here? ok" sorry I left out the word you.
Then you come back with this.
<quoted text>
AHHHH finally the question. But we were not discussing Rubio. YOU were but not me so I do not feel I need to answer this question which was not part of the original discussion.
Your question has been replied to by others but you want to draw me into it for some reason.
NTM8DOR, you left out a couple of post that led up to this exchange;
In post#66703 Linda called Sen. Marco Rubio a liar.
Post#66706 you responded about her statements.(lying)
Post #66722 I called you out.
Post #66731 you had a very weak comeback.
Post #66744 I did admit I lied in cyber space when I said I'm otta here. But you still refused to answer my post.
Post #66753, Even pete agreed with me.

But Sen. Marco Rubio biggest lie, was to his own Cuban-American people. He told them he was the son of Cuban Exiles,......nothing could be further from the truth. He is the son of Cuban Immigrants.
BOO HOO

Martin, TN

#66946 Feb 14, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>NTM8DOR, you left out a couple of post that led up to this exchange;
In post#66703 Linda called Sen. Marco Rubio a liar.
Post#66706 you responded about her statements.(lying)
Post #66722 I called you out.
Post #66731 you had a very weak comeback.
Post #66744 I did admit I lied in cyber space when I said I'm otta here. But you still refused to answer my post.
Post #66753, Even pete agreed with me.
But Sen. Marco Rubio biggest lie, was to his own Cuban-American people. He told them he was the son of Cuban Exiles,......nothing could be further from the truth. He is the son of Cuban Immigrants.
START STARTING TROUBLE YOU BOTTOM FEEDING JERK!!!!!!!!(what a joke
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#66947 Feb 14, 2013
I've watched ever State of the Union since Kennedy...this last one was more like a State of Denial.

Here’s how Obama solves problems. In the middle of a Recession - Great Depression, he wants to raise the minimum wage by almost $2 per hour.

In the middle of a Great Depression he wants to raise taxes again — only days after he just raised them. In Obama’s world, we raise taxes every few weeks.

In the middle of a Great Depression with our government $100 trillion in debt, he wants to spend money on a long wish list of leftist fairy tales: from early childhood education to infrastructure to green energy to climate change to government employees to redesigning high schools to — get this one — eradicating poverty around the world.

We’re broke with $100 trillion in debt and he’s worried about poverty around the world? One in three Illinois residents lives in poverty. Maybe Obama should worry about his own State before he tackles world poverty.

Obama says we’re seeing progress, we’re in recovery, we have jobs, we have “cleared away the rubble of crisis” and we have a “strong state of the union.” I guess he wants you to forget that the 4th quarter gross domestic product was negative. Our economy is actually in contraction. And 11,000 Americans join the food stamp rolls every day. This isn’t a recovery; it’s an economic disaster.

Obama said jobs are doing better. I guess that depends on your definition of “better.” According to data from Bloomberg, from December 2011 to January 2013, nonfarm payrolls were down by 587,000. During just the past year of Obama’s “recovery,” we lost more than half a million jobs.

With a loss of 587,000 jobs, 8.5 million Americans dropping out of the workforce since Obama became President and the real unemployment number (U-6) at almost 15 percent, did you hear that Obama closed his Jobs Council last week? They hadn’t met in a year. Now that the election is over, he just closed it down. No need to meet at all. Why talk about jobs anymore?

A State of Denial and delusion.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#66949 Feb 14, 2013
Well, from what I've seen, here's as good an assessment as any...and it involves water:

Rubio: drinking water.

Obama: treading water.

MSM: carrying water.

Americans: underwater

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#66950 Feb 14, 2013
Nuh wrote:
I've watched ever State of the Union since Kennedy...this last one was more like a State of Denial.
Here’s how Obama solves problems. In the middle of a Recession - Great Depression, he wants to raise the minimum wage by almost $2 per hour.
In the middle of a Great Depression he wants to raise taxes again — only days after he just raised them. In Obama’s world, we raise taxes every few weeks.
In the middle of a Great Depression with our government $100 trillion in debt, he wants to spend money on a long wish list of leftist fairy tales: from early childhood education to infrastructure to green energy to climate change to government employees to redesigning high schools to — get this one — eradicating poverty around the world.
We’re broke with $100 trillion in debt and he’s worried about poverty around the world? One in three Illinois residents lives in poverty. Maybe Obama should worry about his own State before he tackles world poverty.
Obama says we’re seeing progress, we’re in recovery, we have jobs, we have “cleared away the rubble of crisis” and we have a “strong state of the union.” I guess he wants you to forget that the 4th quarter gross domestic product was negative. Our economy is actually in contraction. And 11,000 Americans join the food stamp rolls every day. This isn’t a recovery; it’s an economic disaster.
Obama said jobs are doing better. I guess that depends on your definition of “better.” According to data from Bloomberg, from December 2011 to January 2013, nonfarm payrolls were down by 587,000. During just the past year of Obama’s “recovery,” we lost more than half a million jobs.
With a loss of 587,000 jobs, 8.5 million Americans dropping out of the workforce since Obama became President and the real unemployment number (U-6) at almost 15 percent, did you hear that Obama closed his Jobs Council last week? They hadn’t met in a year. Now that the election is over, he just closed it down. No need to meet at all. Why talk about jobs anymore?
A State of Denial and delusion.
Putting more money in circulation (higher wages for People who will spend it for necessities) helps the economy grow and is good for the Nation.
BTW, the $9.00 p.h. won't be reached until 2015 or 2016...I think. Anyway, it's not all at once, immediately. Minimum Wage raises never are, they're gradual.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#66951 Feb 14, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting more money in circulation (higher wages for People who will spend it for necessities) helps the economy grow and is good for the Nation.
BTW, the $9.00 p.h. won't be reached until 2015 or 2016...I think. Anyway, it's not all at once, immediately. Minimum Wage raises never are, they're gradual.
Upping the minimum wage is a good thought, but in practice, it makes everything go up in cost, because business has to keep the same level of profits.

Some places will just go out of business because there becomes no way to make a profit at all when the wage hike hits. Still others will cut hours to limit expenses and then they dodge the health care mandate to help save money. In the end everyone gets screwed by this.

Here's a basic formula:

Increase in Min wage = Increase inflation = increase in tax collections = decrease in employement = decrease in taxes.

And another:

Increase employement = increase in income = increase in spending = increase in taxes = increase in inflation that is more sustainable.

*some varibles are just left out...said it was basic

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#66953 Feb 14, 2013
"President Obama's Agenda: Easier Said Than Done."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/obamas-...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#66954 Feb 14, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Upping the minimum wage is a good thought, but in practice, it makes everything go up in cost, because business has to keep the same level of profits.
Some places will just go out of business because there becomes no way to make a profit at all when the wage hike hits. Still others will cut hours to limit expenses and then they dodge the health care mandate to help save money. In the end everyone gets screwed by this.
Here's a basic formula:
Increase in Min wage = Increase inflation = increase in tax collections = decrease in employement = decrease in taxes.
And another:
Increase employement = increase in income = increase in spending = increase in taxes = increase in inflation that is more sustainable.
*some varibles are just left out...said it was basic
Are you advocating that the minimum wage remain static indefinitely without ever taking generational inflation into consideration? If so, it would remain at the initial 1938 level of $0.25/hr.
pauper

Livingston, TN

#66955 Feb 14, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you advocating that the minimum wage remain static indefinitely without ever taking generational inflation into consideration? If so, it would remain at the initial 1938 level of $0.25/hr.
The minimum wage should be $10.00 an hour.
joe

Bellevue, WA

#66956 Feb 14, 2013
please be on the look out for sual stanley and harry small these two like preying on the old with their paving scames.and like going back robbing them or their homes.i know they have killed three old women by going in their homes robbing them.the law should really look at this two.follow them any day and your catch them in the act.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#66957 Feb 14, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually believe the minimum wage is a farce...but its existence at all is an argument for another time.

Research by economists David Neumark of the University of California, Irvine, William Wascher of the Federal Reserve Board, and Mark Schweitzer of the Cleveland Fed shows that that minimum wages increase poverty and hence poverty reduction certainly shouldn’t be expected as a benefit of raising the minimum wage.

That’s because, contrary to common belief, the relationship between low wages and poverty is extremely weak. According to 20 years of research - worldwide - Neumark wrote:“The principal sources of an individual’s higher earnings are more schooling and the accumulation of experience and skills in the labor market,” both of which are discouraged by increases in the minimum wage."
He goes on, "I doubt there is ever a good time to raise the minimum wage... the negative consequences are worse when unemployment is high.

The bulk of the evidence — from scores of studies, using data mainly from the U.S. but also from many other countries — clearly shows that minimum wages reduce employment of young, low-skilled people.”

Here is a link to the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Minimum-Wages-David-Neu...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#66958 Feb 14, 2013
pauper wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't short-change yourself.

Again, it should be $1,000.00 an hour - that way everybody can be rich.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#66959 Feb 14, 2013
pauper wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't live on $10 an hour. If raising the minimum wage will fix everything, why not just make it $50 and hour?

If you wanna fix poverty, FIX it.

As a matter of fact, why not change it's name from minimum wage to NATIONAL wage. Everyone gets $100 an hour, no matter what you do. Doctors get the same as burger flippers. Teachers get the same as custodians. And Wall Streeters all get $100 an hour. Actors?$100 an hour.

Fair is fair. No more income inequality. No more wealth inequality, and everyone making a living wage.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#66960 Feb 14, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't live on $10 an hour. If raising the minimum wage will fix everything, why not just make it $50 and hour?
As a matter of fact, why not change it's name from minimum wage to NATIONAL wage. Everyone gets $100 an hour, no matter what you do. Doctors get the same as burger flippers. Teachers get the same as custodians. And Wall Streeters all get $100 an hour. Actors?$100 an hour.
Fair is fair. No more income inequality. No more wealth inequality, and everyone making a living wage.
Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen!
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#66961 Feb 14, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Well, from what I've seen, here's as good an assessment as any...and it involves water:
Rubio: drinking water.
Obama: treading water.
MSM: carrying water.
Americans: underwater
Thanks, I needed this! LMAO
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#66962 Feb 14, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually believe the minimum wage is a farce...but its existence at all is an argument for another time.
Research by economists David Neumark of the University of California, Irvine, William Wascher of the Federal Reserve Board, and Mark Schweitzer of the Cleveland Fed shows that that minimum wages increase poverty and hence poverty reduction certainly shouldn’t be expected as a benefit of raising the minimum wage.
That’s because, contrary to common belief, the relationship between low wages and poverty is extremely weak. According to 20 years of research - worldwide - Neumark wrote:“The principal sources of an individual’s higher earnings are more schooling and the accumulation of experience and skills in the labor market,” both of which are discouraged by increases in the minimum wage."
He goes on, "I doubt there is ever a good time to raise the minimum wage... the negative consequences are worse when unemployment is high.
The bulk of the evidence — from scores of studies, using data mainly from the U.S. but also from many other countries — clearly shows that minimum wages reduce employment of young, low-skilled people.”
Thanks Nuh, excellent post.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#66963 Feb 14, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuh, I believe you really have good intensions, but when Mr. Neumark spoke of 20 years of research - worldwide......I stopped right there, and thought to myself just where did he go in those 20 years?
I myself have seen poverty all over the world and the poor being taken advantage of with the cheapest of labor.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#66964 Feb 14, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Wall Streeters at %100 dollars an hour? Most Wall Streeters belong in prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody know this loser 21 min FriendofDog 9
OBAMA wears southern plantation owner suit GOP... 26 min FriendofDog 8
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 27 min Steve 3,682
Who Is Bringing In the Illegal Aliens 36 min Curmudgeon 22
Hannah Riddle 38 min Smitten 7
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 39 min DeDominicis 9,346
BEWARE: Tinted Windows 45 min Car Pounder 28
Greeneville people rude as hell 4 hr Dr Wu 26
south greene football 18 hr CampCreeper 55
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search