|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> It's not because Topix is an Obama fan, "Hey", the same thing happens to me as well, and you know I am a Obama supporter...well, most of the time.
See,this is the part I do not understand.I see a crime sydicate in DC.I understand some party values and ideas are different but the politicians, they all look like Al Capone to me.
I believe in regulation and corporations not being allowed to poison people,the land,water and air.
But it does not look like they are doing what they are suppose to do they also look like Al Capone to me.
So,I get frustrated because I believe they all need to go and we really need to bring in our own people somehow.
we are in the mess we are in because I believe we are not a Republic any more but now are now under Fascism.And I'm not being funny.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
"Senate Committee Hears From CIA Director Nominee."
Click here:
http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-Committee...
Thanks !
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

From the government bureau of common sense:

I have a friend who is a rural carrier for the United States Post Office. She has been in meetings over the new rules about eliminating Saturday deliveries.

They will still deliver packages, which means that the carriers will still be working on Saturdays. Thatís a savings?

If they deliver to a house, and the red flag is up indicating mail to be picked up, they must leave it there until Monday. That makes sense?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>the same to you dumb slut,i thought you were leaving? my,my lies,lies,lies. Dumb biotch
I know it's hard for you to keep up...poor thing....but you just chewed up your buddy, and I find that funny...Remember what I told you about breathing ? Well you just proved my point !
Really Sassy

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>I did have a Black Panther up, but I changed it.
My dog was an AKC Registered "Keeshound" named, "Coopers Silver Fluff"...we called her "Fluff" for short. Her Sire was "Maywood Al Nath" and her Dame was, "Dawnwind Pretty Miss".

We got her when she was 6 weeks old and she had to be put down , when she was almost 13 years old. She went everywhere with us, vacations and everywhere. She was like one of the Children...and acted like one, too. lol! She was an exceptional Dog...truly.
You couldn't afford a bag of food for a decent dog much less a real dog. You only posted that so men would know your last name. You still want get any offers so try again loser!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> And somehow that is different from those who come here and tell us that the economy is in the tank (because of Obama) that the ACA is the end of the Republic as we know it (because of Obama) that labor unions are outdated and unnecessary and only exist at all because of Obama, Abortion is murder, but the death penalty is justice (because of Obama) so on and so forth...And all that is the Gospel truth simply because it is your opinion. Okay...if you say so ! Chuckles !!
That reminds me...I read an Article on my Homepage this week that said Unions are making a comeback. Why am I not surprised? The working people are getting fed up with all this Nonsense that's going on and with having to do 2 and a half times more work for the same money, while the price of everything has gone up and continues to do so!

Folks, I think we are starting to see a Turn-around, for the better of the working People! don't know how long it will take , but it has to start and I think it may have. Maybe, were about to begin taking this Country back from the Rich and Powerful!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

One of the 'benefits' of being stove up physically is being able to watch items a person ordinarily would not due to being busy.

I watched this live - it is at the National Prayer Breakfast from Dr. Benjamin S. Carson, a world-renowned pediatric neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital ..It is nearly 30 minutes - but well worth it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks !
You're Welcome...anytime, my Friend!:)
Hey in Grey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
And I assume you pres. Obama is going to stop all of this. Oh, it is congresses fault that he don't. You people cannot see past you own lies long enough to even think there might be another reason out there somewhere.
I do not believe anyone in DC will fix anything.
I have more faith in the Easter Bunny.
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I know it's hard for you to keep up...poor thing....but you just chewed up your buddy, and I find that funny...Remember what I told you about breathing ? Well you just proved my point !
If you say so fucktard.I know your family must be proud of such a waste of air,prick

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
From the government bureau of common sense:
I have a friend who is a rural carrier for the United States Post Office. She has been in meetings over the new rules about eliminating Saturday deliveries.
They will still deliver packages, which means that the carriers will still be working on Saturdays. Thatís a savings?
If they deliver to a house, and the red flag is up indicating mail to be picked up, they must leave it there until Monday. That makes sense?
I believe the article said that it's ONLY 1st class mail, that won't be delivered on Saturday. 2nd, and 3rd Class mail will be, which is basically what your friend was saying, too.

We'll get the Junk Mail and not the Important Stuff! Lol! Actuall, it's been that way at my House for awhile. I don't get much on saturday and all of it is worthless...but on Monday, look out! Lots of it and most of it is important!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Hey in Grey wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe anyone in DC will fix anything.
I have more faith in the Easter Bunny.
I don't think the People in DC are doing it. I think that the People in DC just make it "possible"...sometim es...for the People of this Country to do what they've always done, which is roll up their sleeves and find a way to save themselves and this Nation, and usually make it better than it was before, by the time they get finished and rest. It's the American Way!
Hey in Grey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
And I assume you pres. Obama is going to stop all of this. Oh, it is congresses fault that he don't. You people cannot see past you own lies long enough to even think there might be another reason out there somewhere.
Where have you been?I'm not an Obama Fan.
Your just mad cause Cookeville has a TJ Max and Sparta doesn't.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, in America you have the right to believe in anything you want. But when we deal with facts its a little different. You see FICA is a "PAYROLL TAX", this is a fact, no matter how you might want to spin it.
Now you say benefits paid out are capped,(I have no reason to not believe you). I'm saying FICA is capped at about $110,000-$112,000 by law, and this would make it a legal loophole. So once you reach this limit you pay no more "PAYROLL TAXES" to FICA, and your earnings skyrocket.
You asked for one tax loophole for the rich......and you got it.
FICA stands for Federal Insurance Contributions Act. This is the means by which an employer collects social security. It is a retirement plan. That was how it was passed and that is how it is administered. FICA is social security. Those are the facts. Social security benefits are capped. Therefore, payments to this plan are capped. I am an employer. Payroll taxes consist of a whole lot more than FICA. Payroll taxes incorporate FUTA, SUTA, Federal Income Tax Withholding, Medicare, etc. However, these taxes are simply the means for government to collect income tax, medicare and social security. The income tax portion of this does not ever get paid back to the employee. This is a true tax. Social Security gets paid back in the form of benefits. Medicare gets paid back in the form of health services. These are by definition not a tax. Whether you know it or not, the employer also pays portions of the employees' social security and medicare. The employer is who is taxed. The employer simply collects these funds from the employee. Regarding Social Security, if the benefit it can pay out is capped, then the payments into it have to be capped. If not, then social security would turn into yet another tax not yet enacted. It is a simple retirement plan. Would you pay let's say $50,000 into a retirement plan knowing you would only get back $30,000? Of course not.

This cap was put into effect so that some people would not have to fund the retirement of others. Check it out yourself. I deal with FICA every day and know exactly how it works. What it is not is a tax loophole for the rich.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well, "Pete" I gave you the Congressional Budget Office figure, but even if I use the figure in the site you provided, which apparently includes interest on U.S. Savings Bonds and something called State and Local Government SLG's what ever they are... the total is a LONG LONG way from half of every tax dollar collected. In fact using your figure it wouldn't make 10% of every dollar....
Your second site says that U.S. Govt. debt held by foreign governments is 4.5 trillion...with the national debt standing at almost 17 trillion, and foreign govt. debt held at 4.5 trillion....my math has that holding at less than a FOURTH...not half.
What did I post that wasn't true ??
Did you not see the information regarding who owns our debt? It clearly states 46% of our debt is foreign owned. And that was back in 2011.

Let's take the information on the sites for 2011 and do the math then. Tax revenues from individuals were $1.8 Billion in 2011. However, half of that is ear-marked for social security. It is not supposed to be spent, even though we know better. That means $.9 billion is what is available to the government to spend from income taxes. Thus far in the 2013 fiscal year, the interest on our debt is $151 Billion. However, the fiscal year is just four months old. You have to multiply by 3 to get the annual interest expense, i.e. 3 x $151 Billion is $453 Billion which is exactly one half of the tax revenues from individuals. Yes, I am mixing data from 2011 and 2013, but that is the only data that is available. And yes, we all know the government spends social security funds freely for things other than social security. However, from a personal income tax point of view, half of everyone's taxes not earmarked for social security go to pay off the debt. Ten years from now, it is going to be far worse. In 2011, 46% of our debt was foreign owned. Now, it is probably over 50%. What all this means is that half of every income tax dollar we give to the government goes to pay off interest and half of that goes offshore. All of this is listed in the websites I posted. However, I might have gotten some other data from other government sites. I can't remember.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW that, Dummy! I'm very familiar with "per Diems". But, if you're traveling in your work and eating out, you're not taking your Friends out to Lunch/Dinner and claiming it as a Business Lunch/Dinner, either and writing it off your Taxes. if your Company/Boss is Paying you Travel Expenses, Your company is writing it off their Taxes...you're not. Or, you're not supposed to be, anyway.
Company=owned by Super Wealthy??? OK, YOURS a legitimate Expense for them, but I'll guarantee you that they're entertaining their Friends and buying them Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner and claiming those, too!
See the point, Dumbo!
Are you kidding??? Company=owned by the Super Wealthy7 Did you honestly mean to write that? Do you know now many companies there are that are actually struggling to survive in this economy? Do you not realize that not every company is a MicroSoft, GM or GE? DO you think the owner of Cappy's Apex is super wealthy?

I had already realized your I.Q. was simply not that high, but now you are starting to show some serious mental deficiencies. No wonder you post of Topix all day, that is all you are capable of doing. Geez
Hey in Grey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the People in DC are doing it. I think that the People in DC just make it "possible"...sometim es...for the People of this Country to do what they've always done, which is roll up their sleeves and find a way to save themselves and this Nation, and usually make it better than it was before, by the time they get finished and rest. It's the American Way!
Wait a minute.It's a friggin mess.I see DC as enablers of the money people.These money people give them bribes to make laws and to do things that the money people want, what will make them richer.
The DC people like their positions of power and insider trading and lucretive job offerings down the road.They like the bribe money.
So to get lots of bribe money the DC syndicate does what they (the money people) want.
So if Monsanto for instance wants to sue for patent infringment when a bird craps in some farmers field and Monsanto sneeks in farmers fields to look for the bird pooped GMO plat DC gives them the green light.
And they get away with bankrupting farmers in their lawsuits.
How in God's name do you roll up your sleeves against that when the system does this?
This is only one little piece of thousands of this type of what goes on.
How did all those dead innocents in Iraq hold up under the system.
Shell is fine.Haliburton is fine.Goldman is fine.Detroit is in decay people lost good jobs.China is good the people not so much.
Now the EASTER BUNNY sure makes little kids happy and of course it keeps their family dentist rolling in cash.
Oh Hell the friggen Bunny is in on it too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding??? Company=owned by the Super Wealthy7 Did you honestly mean to write that? Do you know now many companies there are that are actually struggling to survive in this economy? Do you not realize that not every company is a MicroSoft, GM or GE? DO you think the owner of Cappy's Apex is super wealthy?
I had already realized your I.Q. was simply not that high, but now you are starting to show some serious mental deficiencies. No wonder you post of Topix all day, that is all you are capable of doing. Geez
Pete, I've read SOME of your Posts, that you posted this mornIng, carefully, but I didn't say a word about them because we were mostly all having an enjoyable conversation and I didn't want to spoil it by taking everything down. But, since you've already done that, I just have to say one thing about them. I owned a small Business for awhile and you are just spouting BS about Social Security, what you claim to pay and the way you claim to pay it. It's a distorted and twisted bunch of crap, to suit your own agenda, but has very little actual truth in it. So, if you really want to have a truthful discussion, that's fine, and some Posters will discuss these issues with you. But, if you're just going to distort and out-and-out tell lies, AND insult and bash Peoplethat call you out on what you're doing, it's a waste of everybody's time. Maybe, you should get your Butt to work and your Business wouldn't be about to go under, instead of distorting and Lying on Topix. Some of us DO know better!
Really Sassy

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the article said that it's ONLY 1st class mail, that won't be delivered on Saturday. 2nd, and 3rd Class mail will be, which is basically what your friend was saying, too.

We'll get the Junk Mail and not the Important Stuff! Lol! Actuall, it's been that way at my House for awhile. I don't get much on saturday and all of it is worthless...but on Monday, look out! Lots of it and most of it is important!
Your welfare check will still come dear. Don't worry.
LiteLively

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

F U

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

60 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who got beat up at the Gr Co Fair Sat Night??? 8 min Gville Mom 3
Perry turns self in for booking 17 min Gville Mom 9
Debate: Ferguson - Greeneville, TN 18 min jimbo102 42
school districts 21 min Gville Mom 6
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 30 min thoughtful 9,246
smaller food at Mc Donalds (Oct '08) 1 hr miguel 4
HASLAM pilot oil will be better off 1 hr really 8
county commission took easy way out 2 hr Really 9
Greeneville Millitia 8 hr cretin56 134
lynn hope,two faced as hell 12 hr Customer 15
Plastic bag lickers at grocery stores and Wal-M... 14 hr LicksDOG tongue 25
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••