Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 2,955)

Showing posts 59,081 - 59,100 of138,382
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Well, it looks like the Dems are pretty well aligned with Obama, and the Republicans seem against him in relation to the drone strikes on American citizens...
I can see both sides of this issue, but, just as I opposed the parts of the "Patriot Act" that took away the civil liberties of Americans in the name of safety, just as I opposed the UNLIMITED detention of prisoners in Guantanamo, and just as I opposed the use of torture on those prisoners, I am opposed to targeting AMERICAN citizens with drone strikes. This policy is at least as bad as those I outlined above, and most likely worse, since those above CAN be corrected, but death can not.
This policy makes the executive a god, deciding with perhaps a checkmark on a list, which American citizen lives and which dies....personally, I see nothing in the constitution that gives him that power.
Had I chosen to, I could have made a case in the other direction, since there is another side. Capturing an American Citizen engged in terrorist activities, would require putting some (perhaps many) American lives at risk, versus pressing some buttons and sending that drone to kill him/her. Secondly, if God Forbid, there were another attack here, and the public was later told that the President knew about the plot, and because
an American was involved, a drone strike was not used...Republicans would be screaming at the president for not taking out this person when he had the chance. Another tough issue to say the least ! BUT the consitution either means something or it doesn't. I believe it should, and it does.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Hey Dunlapian, forget the popcorn, let's order in a Full Course Meal. This is going to be better than the Frazier-Ali Fight...and it's going to be long and bloody! LMAO!
----------
"Joe Walsh Forming Super PAC To Fight Karl Rove's Super PAC."

("The former Congressman joins Tea Partyers who are lining up against American Crossroads.")

Click here:
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/05/joe_walsh_for...
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
"Leaked Terror Memo Could Complicate Brennan Hearing."
Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-575678...
Can you lay off with the links? Why do you think everyone is an internet addict like you? Everyone on here can look up news they are interested in on their own - they don't need you. How many people do you actually think are clicking on all these links? The answer is nobody. Therefore, you are simply cluttering up the entire thread with your dribble. Sorry maam, but you are irrelevant. If the average time to send a post takes 3 minutes, then you have wasted approximately 2 weeks of your time in the past six months posting these meaningless links. Think what you could have accomplished in that two weeks? I am sure you could have found something to do with it other than list a bunch of posts nobody pays attention to. Go work somewhere or volunteer your services somewhere. In short, get a life.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you lay off with the links? Why do you think everyone is an internet addict like you? Everyone on here can look up news they are interested in on their own - they don't need you. How many people do you actually think are clicking on all these links? The answer is nobody. Therefore, you are simply cluttering up the entire thread with your dribble. Sorry maam, but you are irrelevant. If the average time to send a post takes 3 minutes, then you have wasted approximately 2 weeks of your time in the past six months posting these meaningless links. Think what you could have accomplished in that two weeks? I am sure you could have found something to do with it other than list a bunch of posts nobody pays attention to. Go work somewhere or volunteer your services somewhere. In short, get a life.
I am pleased she posts the links, for instance the Post Office one this morning. If you don't like them, you can scroll by them, as I do with the ones that I am not interested in. That takes less time than posting about them each time she posts some. If I enjoy some, I can only assume there are others who do as well.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Only in the New America…..

So you’re a high school football coach, and you say,““Fat butt Michelle Obama.” Look at her. She looks like she weighs 185 or 190. She’s overweight.”

And that gets you suspended.

For what? Lying? Telling the truth gets you suspended?

And we wonder why our kids are so confused?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
Hey Dunlapian, forget the popcorn, let's order in a Full Course Meal. This is going to be better than the Frazier-Ali Fight...and it's going to be long and bloody! LMAO!
----------
"Joe Walsh Forming Super PAC To Fight Karl Rove's Super PAC."
("The former Congressman joins Tea Partyers who are lining up against American Crossroads.")
Click here:
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/05/joe_walsh_for...
Walsh ? Isn't he the guy that owed his ex-wife a pile of back child support and had refused to pay her ? Now there is a guy I would want to put in charge of my political contributions ! In my opinion, that "pac" will be super for just one person...Joe Walsh !
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Good morning! I had a bad go of my polyneuropathy for several days - first time I've had a chance to get on in awhile....meaning it's the first time I haven't been horizontal and stiff as a board.

Here's something I'm involved with, may be coming to a town near you. This is how to do work without government.

The nonprofit group "Feed My Starving Children" along with a Chattanooga group, "Covenant Values Foundation" set up in Chattanooga last month and held what's called MobilePack.

4,500 volunteers worked two-hour shifts for five days...the result: 1,213,750 meals packaged for children in developing countries who subsist on zero to one meal a day.

Here's the CVF website: http://grants.covenantvalues.com/faqs#foundat...

And the FMSC website:
http://www.fmsc.org/home

Also, here's an article about this good work:
http://www.nooga.com/159877/chattanooga-packs...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
Well, it looks like the Dems are pretty well aligned with Obama, and the Republicans seem against him in relation to the drone strikes on American citizens...
I can see both sides of this issue, but, just as I opposed the parts of the "Patriot Act" that took away the civil liberties of Americans in the name of safety, just as I opposed the UNLIMITED detention of prisoners in Guantanamo, and just as I opposed the use of torture on those prisoners, I am opposed to targeting AMERICAN citizens with drone strikes. This policy is at least as bad as those I outlined above, and most likely worse, since those above CAN be corrected, but death can not.
This policy makes the executive a god, deciding with perhaps a checkmark on a list, which American citizen lives and which dies....personally, I see nothing in the constitution that gives him that power.
Had I chosen to, I could have made a case in the other direction, since there is another side. Capturing an American Citizen engged in terrorist activities, would require putting some (perhaps many) American lives at risk, versus pressing some buttons and sending that drone to kill him/her. Secondly, if God Forbid, there were another attack here, and the public was later told that the President knew about the plot, and because
an American was involved, a drone strike was not used...Republicans would be screaming at the president for not taking out this person when he had the chance. Another tough issue to say the least ! BUT the consitution either means something or it doesn't. I believe it should, and it does.
OT, while I respect your opinion greatly, I would like to make one point...in a less complicated World, there was a time we would have arrested and tried these Americans as Traitors...remember the Rosenbergs from WWII...but, times have changed and though I don't like it, I do feel it's necessary to save American Lives, lots of American Lives, both here and in Foreign Countries.
I don't think it's any worse that using the Atomic Bomb at Hiroshima and Nagasacki, but I do think it's just as necessary, if not more so, to keep all of us safe on our own soil, in our own Country. Just knowing that we have them and that we are willing to use them on Americans that plot with the Terrorists, may in itself, be the greatest deterrent to preventing another attack from our own Citizens who have aligned themselves with those who have vowed to destroy us.
I am much more scared of Americans who, for whatever reason, have chosen to try to destroy us and this Nation, that may be walking among us, than I am any use of Drones to stop that from happening.

We will have to agree to disagree on this issue, rare though that is. I still consider you a Friend and a very knowledgeable Person, whom I admire greatly...as well as your opinions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Here y'all go again.
I'll take honesty and integrety where ever I can find it.I found some in Iceland a little from the UK a bit from Australia.
I just can't find much from your Goldman Puppet Nor you.
Just hang on real tight to your big power source.Your like the fly on the chariot wheel "Oh what a dust I raise".
And I got a word for you" Wake up fool"
You think you can compete with Goldman?
What the heck are you talking about??? I truly don't have a clue!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

How to shut up Barack Obama:

Michelle: "Barry, does this outfit make my butt look big?"

http://im41.com/archives/4665/michelle-obama-...
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I am pleased she posts the links, for instance the Post Office one this morning. If you don't like them, you can scroll by them, as I do with the ones that I am not interested in. That takes less time than posting about them each time she posts some. If I enjoy some, I can only assume there are others who do as well.
You can find them on your own along with a lot of other interesting things that you are interested in. It's called Google. What you're doing now is simply reading what she is interested in and what she wants you to believe. If you like her links, great, keep reading. However, a majority of the readers here have had enough of her.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
Yeah, but Congress doesn't mind sending your Sons and Daughters to die and maimed, by the thousands...not THEIRS, YOURS! Reinstate the Draft, with NO exceptions, and see how they feel then. But, they won't do that...their Kids and Grandkids would have to go, if they did that!
----------
"Congress Looks To Limit Drone Strikes."
Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57567793/...
Yea Missy let's bring back the draft.Let's force every ones family to give their blood for Goldman and Rothschid and Exon-Mobil.
And you really believe they will not use their pull to keep their kids safe as they use it to get rich by bribes and the insider trading scam they bestowed upon themselves.
Obama's kids to war?God.Will they take their armed body guards like they have to protect them at "THEIR" school.They are the special ones.That's why daddy gets to do that insider trading with the best of them.
Oh Sassy you don't get the insider privilege.Oh your just the fly on the wheel

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I must be doing some good or you wouldn't be protesting so vehemently!

Kinda difficult to keep People in the dark, when I keep giving them another point of view, isn't it? Makes that Fox Fake News Propaganda Brainwashing kind worthless, doesn't it?

Sorry Kiddo, deems da breaks! Give the People all the information and let them decide for themselves, is my philosphy! And if you don't like it, that's just tough, is all I can say!
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda difficult to keep People in the dark, when I keep giving them another point of view, isn't it? Makes that Fox Fake News Propaganda Brainwashing kind worthless, doesn't it?
Sorry Kiddo, deems da breaks! Give the People all the information and let them decide for themselves, is my philosphy! And if you don't like it, that's just tough, is all I can say!
You got one big problem though. Fox News actually has viewers, you don't. Sorry kiddo, that's da breaks.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
OT, while I respect your opinion greatly, I would like to make one point...in a less complicated World, there was a time we would have arrested and tried these Americans as Traitors...remember the Rosenbergs from WWII...but, times have changed and though I don't like it, I do feel it's necessary to save American Lives, lots of American Lives, both here and in Foreign Countries.
I don't think it's any worse that using the Atomic Bomb at Hiroshima and Nagasacki, but I do think it's just as necessary, if not more so, to keep all of us safe on our own soil, in our own Country. Just knowing that we have them and that we are willing to use them on Americans that plot with the Terrorists, may in itself, be the greatest deterrent to preventing another attack from our own Citizens who have aligned themselves with those who have vowed to destroy us.
I am much more scared of Americans who, for whatever reason, have chosen to try to destroy us and this Nation, that may be walking among us, than I am any use of Drones to stop that from happening.
We will have to agree to disagree on this issue, rare though that is. I still consider you a Friend and a very knowledgeable Person, whom I admire greatly...as well as your opinions.
SAFE??????????
Yes I feel really safe here with the crime syndicate running the show.
Eat your friggen BT corn and enjoy your tumors cause the FDA gets big bucks from Monsanto and Obama made sure we are there to help them so we let that revolving door swing.
I feel really safe knowing the Banksters can rob the world blind and a lot of campaign cash is the response and all that's needed to continue the scam.
I feel safe getting sucked dry.
I feel really safe being a lab rat for whomever the DC pigs can get money from to let them use us.
It's ok to let Merck make Billions on Viox when they knew it caused heart attacks. Just fine them a little and send them on their way to their next money maker till it gets pulled.Round and round we go.
I can go on and on with the BS could write a book about it but many already have you should read them and freak yourself out silly.AL Qaeda ?Just check your underware and you'll be fine.
You don't seem to know where to put your neurotic fears do you?
Besides with an Atomic Bomb you just crawl under your desk to be safe and sound remember they told YOU so?
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh praise the Lord ,Sassy is here to bring us out of the darkness and into the light.
We have all been waiting for this moment in time.
Oh yes Praise the Lord.Our prayers have been answered.A new dawn has arrived.
It is Sassy to the rescue.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, that is a fair position on this issue, and I can certainly see that side of it. In fact that was my original thought on this. Then I gave a lot of thought about how I would feel if George W. Bush had come up with this program using a memo written by Gonzales and....I came to the conclusion that I would not trust the memo, or the program, anymore than I trusted the torture memos....or for that matter the warrentless wiretap program, or checking on which books I happen to borrow from a public library ...etc. Those overreaches pale in comparison to the killing of an American citizen by our government...on the say so of the intelligence agencies that gave us WMD in Iraq. Further...there will be other Republican Presidents in the future, and while I MIGHT be tempted to trust Obama with this awesome power,... I do not wish to give it to all future executives that may occupy the office, and that will be the result of allowing this to continue without congressional oversight and legislative constraint.
Obviously I consider you my friend, and you have my respect no matter that we may disagree from time to time !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
Good morning! I had a bad go of my polyneuropathy for several days - first time I've had a chance to get on in awhile....meaning it's the first time I haven't been horizontal and stiff as a board.
Here's something I'm involved with, may be coming to a town near you. This is how to do work without government.
The nonprofit group "Feed My Starving Children" along with a Chattanooga group, "Covenant Values Foundation" set up in Chattanooga last month and held what's called MobilePack.
4,500 volunteers worked two-hour shifts for five days...the result: 1,213,750 meals packaged for children in developing countries who subsist on zero to one meal a day.
Here's the CVF website: http://grants.covenantvalues.com/faqs#foundat...
And the FMSC website:
http://www.fmsc.org/home
Also, here's an article about this good work:
http://www.nooga.com/159877/chattanooga-packs...
Hi there, Nuh...I am just delighted to see you back!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh praise the Lord ,Sassy is here to bring us out of the darkness and into the light.
Yeah well, it's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it. I've never been One to give up, just because Others thought the job was impossible to do.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, she's a legend in her own mind alright. That is one delusional woman.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,081 - 59,100 of138,382
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA fixed the BUSH/Republican economy 5 min Repair Democrats 37
School Board Budget $46.8M! Will results reflec... 1 hr Kat 298
creekside market 1 hr ford 77 4
stop the bs 2 hr Wow 7
The Rich get richer under obammy 3 hr beano 2
Let me educate some of braintrusts what spam is 4 hr From Jenny xoxo 9
Parking Enforcement Officer 4 hr Old Guy 5
My favorite Greeneville Topix poster is 8 hr Maverick 808 809
•••