Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#64561 Feb 1, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, but the gov. does not want to hear about Agent Orange'
That is not true. My Best Friend's Husband was exposed to Agent Orange and he died several years ago from Congestive Heart Disease due to it, and the Gov't was acknowledging it even back then, in the 70's and compensating him for it!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#64562 Feb 1, 2013
Judgement Day wrote:
To Nuh...THANK U FOR YOUR SERVICE I APPRECIATE WHAT U DONE SIR....AND TO ANY BODY ELSE THAT SERVED THIS COUNTRY ((THYANK YOU))
I whole-Heartedly Agree! THANK YOU, One and All!
Hey

Manchester, TN

#64563 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most of these Brats are that way because their Parents let them get by with anything their Little Hearts desire and that's NOT parenting!
My Kids were raised on Kool-aide of all colors and flavors, as well as Soft Drinks...as everybody else's were during that time and All of them were better behaved than any of them are now! So, I don't buy it! Spoiled Rotten Kids being raised by Irresponsible Parents , is the Main Problem, IMO! The "Me" Generation...if it feels good, DO IT! Because all that matters is Making Money and/or Using Drugs, of some kind! Buy the Kids everything their Hearts desire to keep them out of the Parents hair and Let Them Go, otherwise! That's a guaranteed Recipe for making a bunch of Selfish Brats, especially in the South , where their behavior is not that good under the best of circumstances, for most of them!
I guess you can think that. It sure is a lot easier then reading 626 pages

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#64564 Feb 1, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
So go take you meds and be happy
I've taken a few rounds of antibiotics in my life the rest has been herbs and supplements.
I have not cost the health insurance folks or medicare a damn cent.
I suffer no side effects from anything. I have put my trust in mother nature as people had done for thousands of years.
You just go after your Poison,Burn, and Cut and now your Obamacare will force me to pay for your stupidy and Big Pharmas profits.
I don't take any Meds, except for an occasional Claritin-D for my allergies...and I'm 65 years old...don't know how long my Luck will hold out, but so far, so good!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#64565 Feb 1, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you can think that. It sure is a lot easier then reading 626 pages
Go to any large Retail Store and pay attention to how the Kids act... AND their Parents! You'll see it for yourself!
Judgement Day

Martin, TN

#64566 Feb 1, 2013
RS You need to change your name to the kids JUDGE wow who peeeded in your froot loops have you been checked for ADHD if not you need to go get checked
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#64567 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I had heard a lot of compliments on the fairness of Al Jazeera'a reporting from World-wide News Organizations and Reporters, even American Reporters. In fact, they cite Al Jazeera for some of their Reports on the Middle East and in recent years, Al Jazeera seemed to have alot of respect in the Journalism Community, world-wide. so, I Googled it and didn't see any criticism Links, but I did find this. If it is constant Livestream, then any of you that are interested, can click on this Link , watch it , and decide for yourself what you think about it.
Couldn’t find any criticism, huh? How about the fact that Aljaz is wholly owned by the state of Qatar? And the state of Qatar is owned by the Emir of Qatar.

Qatar is an absolute monarchy. It’s “parliament” is no more than a consultative body, with no authority at all. In fact, its members are all appointed by the emir.

Qatar is also the only Wahhabi Islamic nation other than Saudi Arabia. Qatar is the only nation to have allowed the Afghan Taliban to establish a political office in Doha, the capital. Wahhabi Islam is the branch of Islam that gave birth to Al Qaeda.

Qatar is also a Shariah state. The government uses Sunni Shariah law as the basis of its criminal and civil regulations. Shariah is applied to all family law and inheritance issues as well.

The Emir like to cover all his bases. On one hand we use his tiny nation for military bases, but at the same time, Qatar is considered by the US as a significant source of funding for Jihadist terrorism.

“Al Jazeera's saturation coverage of the "Arab Spring" demonstrations and the war in Syria should not deceive the non-Arab public. Early in the "Arab Spring," in Egypt and other countries, Al Jazeera promoted the Muslim fundamentalists. Regarding Syria, Al Jazeera publicizes the demands for power by jihadists.”

The emir of Qatar and Al Jazeera have not covered the "Arab Spring" to advance democracy, but to support the Muslim Brotherhood, which is aligned with the Qatari regime. Al Jazeera television, with a staff mainly drawn from Muslim Brotherhood personnel, was founded by a Qatari royal decree, in an effort to legitimize the current emir's coup against his father in 1995. According to BBC News, Qatar assisted Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood government of President Muhamed Morsi, at the beginning of January 2013, with a loan of two billion U.S. dollars and a donation of nearly half a billion dollars, following an earlier financial deposit of 2.5 billion dollars and a grant of 500 million dollars from Qatar to Egypt.

How about those numbers. What they mean is their payment to Al Gore for $100M was a drop in the bucket for them. And what do they get for his relatively paltry amount?

ACCESS to the US Government by a former vice president. Good deal.

Read:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3545/al-jaz...

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...

As a woman, you might want to read the first article and see how ALJAZ treats women.

Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#64568 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure don't nor do I receive a check every month for having done so but I bet you do. Stop bitching you were paid handsomely to do a job and you done it. No one owes you anything more than what your getting. Suck it up son! Let that be a lesson to the youth to stay In school and get a real job.
You type a lot for someone who knows so little.
Unless this man made a career of the military, he doesn't get a check every month, and if you knew anything about the military you would know servicemen and women have never been "paid handsomely".
This man may have been a kid who was DRAFTED into the service and trained to kill people, no matter that he may not have wanted to serve or fight or kill.... Then after training, shipped halfway across the globe to fight in a place which has been described as a "Hell on earth". He could just as easily have become one of over 50 THOUSAND young men who were killed in a war that public opinion had turned against. Thank God he survived...and upon returning to the USA, was he welcomed by a parade or cheering crowds ? Probably not, most returned to have misguided Americans blame the kids who served, instead of the politicians who ordered them to fight a war those politicians did their best to lose, and the public no longer supported.
How dare you post crap like that ?
Hey

Manchester, TN

#64569 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take any Meds, except for an occasional Claritin-D for my allergies...and I'm 65 years old...don't know how long my Luck will hold out, but so far, so good!
Well alrighty then. So just get on your broom.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64570 Feb 1, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You type a lot for someone who knows so little.
Unless this man made a career of the military, he doesn't get a check every month, and if you knew anything about the military you would know servicemen and women have never been "paid handsomely".
This man may have been a kid who was DRAFTED into the service and trained to kill people, no matter that he may not have wanted to serve or fight or kill.... Then after training, shipped halfway across the globe to fight in a place which has been described as a "Hell on earth". He could just as easily have become one of over 50 THOUSAND young men who were killed in a war that public opinion had turned against. Thank God he survived...and upon returning to the USA, was he welcomed by a parade or cheering crowds ? Probably not, most returned to have misguided Americans blame the kids who served, instead of the politicians who ordered them to fight a war those politicians did their best to lose, and the public no longer supported.
How dare you post crap like that ?
Horrah give her hell for us.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64571 Feb 1, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You type a lot for someone who knows so little.
Unless this man made a career of the military, he doesn't get a check every month, and if you knew anything about the military you would know servicemen and women have never been "paid handsomely".
This man may have been a kid who was DRAFTED into the service and trained to kill people, no matter that he may not have wanted to serve or fight or kill.... Then after training, shipped halfway across the globe to fight in a place which has been described as a "Hell on earth". He could just as easily have become one of over 50 THOUSAND young men who were killed in a war that public opinion had turned against. Thank God he survived...and upon returning to the USA, was he welcomed by a parade or cheering crowds ? Probably not, most returned to have misguided Americans blame the kids who served, instead of the politicians who ordered them to fight a war those politicians did their best to lose, and the public no longer supported.
How dare you post crap like that ?
Thanks for that OT. Actually, my mom died when I was 6 and my dad at 9 - so I was passed around the family until the state took over. At 17 I joined the Marine Corps to just get out, so I wasn't drafted...I knew where I was headed too and didn't care - that didn't matter, because at that age, you know everything.

Enlistment in 1967 for 17 year olds was 3 years...1st stop was Parris Island, then to Advanced Infantry Training (Camp Lejeune), Next was Camp Pendleton where I was until after I turned 18 and was sent to Vietnam in 1968.

Was only in-country a few days until Dai Do where we ended up fighting around 6,000 NVA - with about 900 Marines. I am particulary proud of my company comander - who was wounded three times and earned the Medal of Honor (although he wouldn't appreciate me saying that), in hand to hand combat.

After Dai Do, a couple of our pvts were transferred from 1st Platoon to 2nd Platoon because 2nd Platoon had only 3 men in it. 1st Platoon still had about 7 men left.

At full strength a platoon would number over forty men. By the end of three days of combat, not one platoon in my company had 10 men. As a new guy, I got the order to help place the dead Marines in body bags...One of the dead was a friend of mine that I'd met at Lejune who had 12 months in - and was about to come home. We had to tie a rope to his arm, move away, and roll his body to check for booby traps.

I don't post this out of bravado nor do I do so seeking pity. I intend to let those who have no idea what war is READ about it and it is my hope that they understand that the only 'equality' in combat is the equal chance of death.

Each of us who has been in combat, whether it be WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq, & Afghanistan have our own experiences - personally, a sustained shelling over time is just about enough to break the strongest willed person. I don't want my granddaughters - or anybody's daughter to experience that.
Really Sassy

United States

#64572 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't take any Meds, except for an occasional Claritin-D for my allergies...and I'm 65 years old...don't know how long my Luck will hold out, but so far, so good!
Damn! You are only 65? You sure have let yourself go then because you look much much older.
Pete

Nashville, TN

#64573 Feb 1, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You type a lot for someone who knows so little.
Unless this man made a career of the military, he doesn't get a check every month, and if you knew anything about the military you would know servicemen and women have never been "paid handsomely".
This man may have been a kid who was DRAFTED into the service and trained to kill people, no matter that he may not have wanted to serve or fight or kill.... Then after training, shipped halfway across the globe to fight in a place which has been described as a "Hell on earth". He could just as easily have become one of over 50 THOUSAND young men who were killed in a war that public opinion had turned against. Thank God he survived...and upon returning to the USA, was he welcomed by a parade or cheering crowds ? Probably not, most returned to have misguided Americans blame the kids who served, instead of the politicians who ordered them to fight a war those politicians did their best to lose, and the public no longer supported.
How dare you post crap like that ?
Amen OT, great post!
Really Sassy

United States

#64574 Feb 1, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for that OT. Actually, my mom died when I was 6 and my dad at 9 - so I was passed around the family until the state took over. At 17 I joined the Marine Corps to just get out, so I wasn't drafted...I knew where I was headed too and didn't care - that didn't matter, because at that age, you know everything.

Enlistment in 1967 for 17 year olds was 3 years...1st stop was Parris Island, then to Advanced Infantry Training (Camp Lejeune), Next was Camp Pendleton where I was until after I turned 18 and was sent to Vietnam in 1968.

Was only in-country a few days until Dai Do where we ended up fighting around 6,000 NVA - with about 900 Marines. I am particulary proud of my company comander - who was wounded three times and earned the Medal of Honor (although he wouldn't appreciate me saying that), in hand to hand combat.

After Dai Do, a couple of our pvts were transferred from 1st Platoon to 2nd Platoon because 2nd Platoon had only 3 men in it. 1st Platoon still had about 7 men left.

At full strength a platoon would number over forty men. By the end of three days of combat, not one platoon in my company had 10 men. As a new guy, I got the order to help place the dead Marines in body bags...One of the dead was a friend of mine that I'd met at Lejune who had 12 months in - and was about to come home. We had to tie a rope to his arm, move away, and roll his body to check for booby traps.

I don't post this out of bravado nor do I do so seeking pity. I intend to let those who have no idea what war is READ about it and it is my hope that they understand that the only 'equality' in combat is the equal chance of death.

Each of us who has been in combat, whether it be WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq, & Afghanistan have our own experiences - personally, a sustained shelling over time is just about enough to break the strongest willed person. I don't want my granddaughters - or anybody's daughter to experience that.
That's great. Now how does that rate you as special?
Really Sassy

United States

#64575 Feb 1, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Amen OT, great post!
If I require a lecture from you I'll address you in the future. Otherwise mind your own business and don't attempt to tell me how to think. If you wanna kiss his ass then feel free to do so but per his on admission he has lived his life off of tax payers dollars. His misfortune shouldn't become my burden and clearly it has.
Judgement Day

Martin, TN

#64576 Feb 1, 2013
the (ASS) part of your name fits u well

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#64577 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great. Now how does that rate you as special?
I literally despise the ground you walk on. There's a special place on He*l reserved for Cockroaches like you!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#64578 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
If I require a lecture from you I'll address you in the future. Otherwise mind your own business and don't attempt to tell me how to think. If you wanna kiss his ass then feel free to do so but per his on admission he has lived his life off of tax payers dollars. His misfortune shouldn't become my burden and clearly it has.
You really should stop typing because you sound more ignorant with every post you make.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#64579 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
If I require a lecture from you I'll address you in the future. Otherwise mind your own business and don't attempt to tell me how to think. If you wanna kiss his ass then feel free to do so but per his on admission he has lived his life off of tax payers dollars. His misfortune shouldn't become my burden and clearly it has.
If you don't want a lecture, don't post drivvle like that on a public forum.
You need more than a lecture, you need a few lessons in manners, and respect, particularly for those who have served this country in our armed forces.
I recall nothing about his having lived his life off of taxpayers dollars....so perhaps you need to a lesson in reading comprehension as well.
Really Sassy

United States

#64583 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>I literally despise the ground you walk on. There's a special place on He*l reserved for Cockroaches like you!
The feeling is mutual darling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Booster basketball 11 min Hornets 12
A Revelation from Ferguson, MO (sarcasm) 20 min justice for big mike 9
Sammi Cooper a beotch or what? 34 min yolo 7
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 47 min Trunketeer 5,043
***** last post wins ***** 5 hr Trunketeer 285
Way too many TV commercials! (Jul '09) 5 hr Earl New Jersey 38
any single country boys out there (Mar '11) 11 hr Globug87 175
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:11 PM
Shaun Phillps lands with Colts
Bleacher Report 2:29 PM
Bold Predictions for Vikings' Week 13 Matchup
Bleacher Report10:08 PM
Breaking Down Minnesota's Game Plan vs. Carolina
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
NFL Week 13 Picks: Final Predictions and Over-Under Odds Before Thursday Night