South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Emotional vs Common Sense views.

A Sunday news program, I believe ABC Face the Nation, had two guests that gave their personal take on the subject fueled by the terrible shooting in Sandy Hook, Conn.

First was Sen. Feinstein and the other was NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly. The senator was passionate about her very personal agenda of a ban on assault type weapons and high capacity clips. The NYPD police commissioner stated that those types of weapons accounted for less than two percent of the shootings in his city. He stated the great majority of their problems were handguns which most were illegal.

I would agree that the police commissioner spoke with facts and data, not personal emotions. The senator's desire would have little effect on the number of shootings in New York City.

“For us in New York City, and I believe in most urban centers throughout America, the problem really is concealable handguns,” Kelly said. "But the city’s real enemy is illegal handguns."

Handguns account for nearly all murders by firearm in New York City and state, data show. An analysis by the NYPD determined that assault weapons were used in just three of the 1,400 instances of gun play in the city last year.

First I refuse to call it "gun control," a more accurate term would be "citizen-disarmament, " remember that dialog controls the conversation. Citizen-disarmament has nothing to do with public safety but government power and growth.

We all should know that pro-citizen-disarmament individuals are not willing to discuss real issues using facts and statistics, especially with something like police and FBI records. Most of the time these idiots can't even get their terminology correct when talking about guns, which if it was so important to them you'd think they would at least have an intern Google a few things.

It is the pro-citizen-disarmament's tactic to "emotionalize" arguments as its their only hope. The fact that NY city has a handgun ban and yet an illegal object is still being used in illegal activity should not be shocking to anyone with a brain.

Citizen-disarmament will do nothing to curb illegal gun use, only infringe on the rights of us who choose not to break the law. Those who lawfully enjoy using them for any reason, the 2nd amendment did not specify that "we the people" justify our ownership.

If any of this wasn't 100 percent true every biased media outlet across the country would be spouting statistics of how the 94'-04' citizen-disarmament worked.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

With all the gun ban hysteria being peddled in the news media today, here is a short primer to those who give their opinion without the general knowledge of the very weapons they are proposing to ban.

First of all, modern semi- automatic rifles and pistols fire one round per one pull of the trigger, they are not machine guns which will fire until the ammunition is exhausted or the trigger is released.

Second, their ammunition is fed from a “magazine” and not a “clip,” the only common rifle or pistol in America today that takes a clip is the .30 cal M1 Garand which uses an eight round en bloc clip which is ejected from the rifle when the last round is fired.

It is also a semi-automatic rifle that was used by the United States military in WWII.

Thirdly, the vast majority of the rifles that are owned by every day Americans are not “assault rifles” but are better known as “Modern Sporting rifles” which are again, only semi-automatic.
The term “assault rifle” is an English translation of the German word “Sturmgewehr” or storm rifle which described a STG-44 rifle used by the Wehrmacht in the last days of WWII.

It was a fully automatic selective fire rifle similar to an actual AK-47 not the semi-automatic AKM which are commonly owned in the United States today.

All “assault rifles” are classed as a machine gun and are heavily regulated and have been since the middle thirties.

So in closing,“Modern Sporting rifles,” while they do resemble military weapons in appearance, are not weapons of war but instead are no different than other “civilian” semi-automatics.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
1st - there is no right to cars, just like there is no right to healthcare.
2nd - It is not the job of 'responsible gun owners' to police the nuts with guns. It is the job of state governments and the federal government to enforce the existing 20,000+ gun laws already on the books.
FYI: Gun prosecutions under Obama/Holder are DOWN 40%.
But, we need another law - to not enforce.
Let's see if I have this right....
Government is only going to take those things that you have a "right" to, when they require licenses and registrations (things like guns).....but they are NOT going to take those things that you do NOT have a "right" to...(things like cars...and the right to drive).....OKAY now I've got it !!

IF you do not want the government to do something about nuts with guns....and it is not responsible gun owners place to police them...then I suppose we should just resign ourselves to school shootings like the one in Ct......
Oh I forgot....the answer is making teachers into armed guards instead.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Let's see if I have this right....
Government is only going to take those things that you have a "right" to, when they require licenses and registrations (things like guns).....but they are NOT going to take those things that you do NOT have a "right" to...(things like cars...and the right to drive).....OKAY now I've got it !!
IF you do not want the government to do something about nuts with guns....and it is not responsible gun owners place to police them...then I suppose we should just resign ourselves to school shootings like the one in Ct......
Oh I forgot....the answer is making teachers into armed guards instead.
You do NOT have a 'right' to drive. It is a priviledge granted by the state you live in. Not my opinion - fact.

Secondly, just HOW am I going to 'police' another individual? Am I a sworn officer of the court?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
A Sunday news program, I believe ABC Face the Nation, had two guests that gave their personal take on the subject fueled by the terrible shooting in Sandy Hook, Conn.
First was Sen. Feinstein and the other was NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly. The senator was passionate about her very personal agenda of a ban on assault type weapons and high capacity clips. The NYPD police commissioner stated that those types of weapons accounted for less than two percent of the shootings in his city. He stated the great majority of their problems were handguns which most were illegal.
I would agree that the police commissioner spoke with facts and data, not personal emotions. The senator's desire would have little effect on the number of shootings in New York City.
“For us in New York City, and I believe in most urban centers throughout America, the problem really is concealable handguns,” Kelly said. "But the city’s real enemy is illegal handguns."
Handguns account for nearly all murders by firearm in New York City and state, data show. An analysis by the NYPD determined that assault weapons were used in just three of the 1,400 instances of gun play in the city last year.
First I refuse to call it "gun control," a more accurate term would be "citizen-disarmament, " remember that dialog controls the conversation. Citizen-disarmament has nothing to do with public safety but government power and growth.
We all should know that pro-citizen-disarmament individuals are not willing to discuss real issues using facts and statistics, especially with something like police and FBI records. Most of the time these idiots can't even get their terminology correct when talking about guns, which if it was so important to them you'd think they would at least have an intern Google a few things.
It is the pro-citizen-disarmament's tactic to "emotionalize" arguments as its their only hope. The fact that NY city has a handgun ban and yet an illegal object is still being used in illegal activity should not be shocking to anyone with a brain.
Citizen-disarmament will do nothing to curb illegal gun use, only infringe on the rights of us who choose not to break the law. Those who lawfully enjoy using them for any reason, the 2nd amendment did not specify that "we the people" justify our ownership.
If any of this wasn't 100 percent true every biased media outlet across the country would be spouting statistics of how the 94'-04' citizen-disarmament worked.
Explain to me how you can justify feeling so strongly about the "Right to Bear Arms" Constitutional Amendment, while defending the attempt to harass this Grieving Father into NOT expressing his opinion on the subject and in doing so, violating HIS "Right To Freedom of Speech" Constitutional Amendment? How can you defend or justify that?

It's like the Bible, either you believe in ALL of it, or you REALLY believe in NONE of it, but just use it to justify whatever YOU, personally, want!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
Why do you make such long Posts, telling about somebody else's views and actions? Aren't you capable of making up your own Mind and having your own views and opinions, and expressing why you have that viewpoint and/or opinion?
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you make such long Posts, telling about somebody else's views and actions? Aren't you capable of making up your own Mind and having your own views and opinions, and expressing why you have that viewpoint and/or opinion?
Once again, the pot calling the kettle black. All those links you post, like every day. All of those views in those links are expressed by someone else, and you posted the link. How on earth can you tell someone to make up their own mind and have their own views when all you do is bash the posters doing this very thing when they don't agree with your views.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me how you can justify feeling so strongly about the "Right to Bear Arms" Constitutional Amendment, while defending the attempt to harass this Grieving Father into NOT expressing his opinion on the subject and in doing so, violating HIS "Right To Freedom of Speech" Constitutional Amendment? How can you defend or justify that?
It's like the Bible, either you believe in ALL of it, or you REALLY believe in NONE of it, but just use it to justify whatever YOU, personally, want!
I agree. This is just like you do when you post a bunch of internet links. You just post the ones that agree with your opinion, yet ignore the internet articles that disprove your opinion. You just post the links to attempt to justify whatever YOU, personally want. Hypocrisy is not a virtue but a weakness. You need to realize this. It is very obvious.
roxy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. This is just like you do when you post a bunch of internet links. You just post the ones that agree with your opinion, yet ignore the internet articles that disprove your opinion. You just post the links to attempt to justify whatever YOU, personally want. Hypocrisy is not a virtue but a weakness. You need to realize this. It is very obvious.
u need to realize that u must speak up for u n wat u blieve in...if ur weak n follow evryone else,ur not being true,to urself or to others.i lways speak up bcoz its wat i blieve in,idgaf if others agree or not,im simply speaking up,leading coz i dnt follow.
roxy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Otay :)
Blah blah

Powell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Blah blah blah blah blah
roxy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Wat?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the pot calling the kettle black. All those links you post, like every day. All of those views in those links are expressed by someone else, and you posted the link. How on earth can you tell someone to make up their own mind and have their own views when all you do is bash the posters doing this very thing when they don't agree with your views.
The difference is, Pete Ole Buddy, that I post those News Articles when nobody is having a conversation or expressing any view or opinions....or haven't you noticed?
They are for information purposes and they are all from Reputable Sources. But, if One is unable to decide an issue for themselves and have to wait for Fox Fake News or some other Propaganda Source to tell them what to think and what opinion to have, what difference is it going to make, anyway. If you and People People like you, weren't so afraid of losing your "control" of your little "Followers" that you use to do your dirty work, why would you objct so badly to anybody posting any News Article?
I'm assuming that you're a Teapublican...isn't that what you said...because Teapublicans want desperately to keep their Followers in the dark and as uninformed as they possibly can. Otherwise , they might lose the control they have over them...and "control" is what Teapublicans are all about and the ONLY thing they are about! It's ALL about them and their "Ego"...their wants and needs, in their minds! Well, good luck with that, is all I can tell you!
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is, Pete Ole Buddy, that I post those News Articles when nobody is having a conversation or expressing any view or opinions....or haven't you noticed?
They are for information purposes and they are all from Reputable Sources. But, if One is unable to decide an issue for themselves and have to wait for Fox Fake News or some other Propaganda Source to tell them what to think and what opinion to have, what difference is it going to make, anyway. If you and People People like you, weren't so afraid of losing your "control" of your little "Followers" that you use to do your dirty work, why would you objct so badly to anybody posting any News Article?
I'm assuming that you're a Teapublican...isn't that what you said...because Teapublicans want desperately to keep their Followers in the dark and as uninformed as they possibly can. Otherwise , they might lose the control they have over them...and "control" is what Teapublicans are all about and the ONLY thing they are about! It's ALL about them and their "Ego"...their wants and needs, in their minds! Well, good luck with that, is all I can tell you!
Your reputable news articles are editorials from liberal blog sites. Your definition of reputable is a lot different than mine. Congratulations on getting another chance to insert the terms "Teapublican" and "Fox News" in the same post. I think that is the 200th time you have done it. Maybe with enough of these posts, we will all one day "get it." Keep them coming though. I stand ready to call out the hypocrisy in them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete Ole Buddy, compromise just isn't in your vocabulary , is it? It's always "your way or the highway" and you have No Respect for anybody else's opinion. NEWS FLASH, Buddy, you are not right all the time and neither is anybody else, including me.
You may not like alot of the things I say and do, but guess what...I don't like alot of the things you say and do , either...and I especially don't like the way you ALWAYS have to make your criticisms, on any issue, "personal"! You can spend the rest of your Life...or mine...trying to make me a "yes" person, to you, and it will NEVER happen!
I don't like that "super-inflated ego" that you seem to have, either, that makes you so arrogant and full of yourself! But, my guess is that dislike is not going to change a thing, so I'm just saying...
If a "Programmed Robot", that thinks, says, and does exactly whatever you want it to, is what you like, then you don't need to even be talking to me because they will never be what I'll do, for you or anybody else, Male or Female...and if you were as smart as you want everybody to think you are, you would already know that!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
This grieving Father had to I.D. his Son in the morgue with a bullet hole in his forehead. No Father that I know of should never ever have to do this.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
Folks, this is the Attitude and Mindset that's causing the Republican Party to continue destroying itself. They live in their own little World of denial, while trying to control everything and everybody around them. That's called a "Oligarchy"!
Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/01/repub...
Ok, I guess I might as well supply some proof of what you are really doing. You say you only post links to reputable news sources. The above link is to a Liberal News Blog called "Mother Jones." They describe themselves as follows:

"Here's where we're coming from: We believe all people should have equal opportunity in life, that all children should be able to go to good schools, and that everyone should have health care. Call that what you will–we're not insulted by being called left, liberal, progressive, whatever.(We've noticed, though, that the people who resort to name-calling are often just trying to distract the public from their own misdeeds.)"

This came from their own website. They also point out one of your misdeeds with this description of themselves.

The article you are referring to was written by Tim Murphy. I will let you do the research on your own, but Tim Murphy is a liberal blogger.

Based on these facts, your statement that you only post from reputable news sources is incorrect. Everyone knows what you are attempting to do, but you actually think you are smarter than most and think no one knows. Again, you would be incorrect with this assumption as well. I said before hypocrisy is not a virtue, but lying is simply a mental weakness. Maybe you can overcome this one day.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>This grieving Father had to I.D. his Son in the morgue with a bullet hole in his forehead. No Father that I know of should never ever have to do this.
I am all but speechless. All I can say is that there are some cold, sick SOB's that judged your post funny!
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>This grieving Father had to I.D. his Son in the morgue with a bullet hole in his forehead. No Father that I know of should never ever have to do this.
Amen, couldn't agree more.
Rebel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. This is just like you do when you post a bunch of internet links. You just post the ones that agree with your opinion, yet ignore the internet articles that disprove your opinion. You just post the links to attempt to justify whatever YOU, personally want. Hypocrisy is not a virtue but a weakness. You need to realize this. It is very obvious.
God you are wonderful! You keep things real and truthful unlike the blithering idiot you are addressing in this post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info