Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63561 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so wrong about the first two paragraphs. I didn't read any further because it's obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Having worked at two Hospitals , in the BUSINESS Office, I can tell you that, Number1...the same thing happened to our county hospital and the county pays them whatever they charge the County for Indigent Care on a Yearly basis , included in the County Budget!
Number 2...it is NOT illegal for a Hospital to turn Patients away that can't pay. they do it all the time! What they do is transfer the Patient to a County-owned Hospital that receives Gov't. funding. If a Gov't.-Funded Hospital turns a Patient away they will lose the Gov't-Funding. But, as soon as you are discharged from the Hospital, they turn your account over to a collection Agency and they will literally hound you to death until you start paying something, even if it's just 5 dollars a week, but you better pay it every week and don't miss a week, or the Hospital will sue you!
I didn't read your Post any further than that because you are under all the wrong impressions and there was no need to read further, for me to know it!
I believe I was specific to the old county run hospital here. As The emergency rooms cannot turn anyone away. Yes they can transfer them and they stabilize them. Yes indigent payment is just that --to the hospital from the county. As far as the law suits, cannot get blood out of a turnip. Todays laws even prevent harassment over the phone. Again it was my opinion and you did not even want to look at it without attacking it.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63562 Jan 25, 2013
Not Willard wrote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal called on the Republican Party to "stop being the stupid party" on Thursday as GOP leaders promised fundamental changes to help stave off future losses.
In the keynote address at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting, Jindal said the GOP doesn't need to change its values but "might need to change just about everything else we are doing."
"We've got to stop being the stupid party. It's time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults," he said. "We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I'm here to say we've had enough of that."
Well he is probably not far from wrong.The repubs have a platform which is well and good. However they tend to stand on it, instead of getting off and mingling.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#63563 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Retired and 65 years old, Dumbazz! It's about time, don't you think!
I worked my Azz off since my Twenties, sometimes 2 and 3 jobs, at a time, plus raised 2 Kids. I EARNED my Retirement!
Don't you mean the early retirement you took after a coworker filed assault charges against you?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63564 Jan 25, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I was specific to the old county run hospital here. As The emergency rooms cannot turn anyone away. Yes they can transfer them and they stabilize them. Yes indigent payment is just that --to the hospital from the county. As far as the law suits, cannot get blood out of a turnip. Todays laws even prevent harassment over the phone. Again it was my opinion and you did not even want to look at it without attacking it.
And you're wrong about that, too...they can attach anything that you own, and/or ever will own, and/or garnish your wages, present and/or future...or, all of the above! It's no different than any other Bill that you owe.
And, I don't know about now, but the Gov't Funding comes from the Federal Gov't., as well as the County Gov't. I don't know what all the criteria is that the Hospital has to meet, but one is to NOT turn anybody away and refuse them Medical Care, and that does NOT mean they have to give them Free Medical Care! it means just what I said...that they cannot turn them away and refuse to give them Medical care.
Think about it..no County could afford to pay for the cost of Free Full Medical Care for an extremely serious Medical Happening, for very many People , that could easily run into a Million Dollars for each Patient. Two or three Emergency Heart Surgeries, alone, would probably cost that!
flbrat

Vero Beach, FL

#63565 Jan 25, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief woman! What do you mean by "I usually don't say a word"? You have close to 600 posts on this forum all filled with your tedious words. I bet the word Teapublican and the words Fox News show up by themselves in your posts over 1,000 times.
You say you seek facts, well here are some facts -
You are not a political intellectual
Your political intelligence is limited to your ability to surf the internet all day looking for anyone or anything that agrees with your liberal agenda.
You're very immature with your slanderish comments toward those who disagree with you and your childish references with the word "Teapublican."
Anyone who has the time to blaspheme, criticize, condemn, and abuse those who don't adopt a far right liberal philosophy on an opinion forum 24 hours a day either has mental problems or is just not that smart.
Anyone who posts link after link of mindless blogs and editorials expecting everyone to read them and to try to appear as an intellectual is simply someone who has too much time on their hands or someone who is very far removed from reality.
Calling people out for things you say and do yourself is called a hypocrite. Learn the definition of that word because that is you.
I am posting this info not to converse with you but to let others know what an imposter you are. If someone simply reads only one of your posts, they simply think you are a crazed, opinionated liberal. For some people it will take reading about three of your posts to learn that you are actually an internet, armchair forum troll. I am simply trying to save some people some time by pointing out what you really are instead of having them spend the time to read about three of your posts to find out for themselves.
Most of us know she is a windbag. You just say it so well.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#63566 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes me a Liberal, I guess. I think it just makes me a compassionate Human Being, but I suppose that is open to One's intrepretation of what makes a compassionate Member of the Human Race.
I hope all compassionate Humam Beings don't foolow your lead by asking a grieving mother if she was the drunk driver that killed her child. Or by looking for a death certificate for that child, then accusing the mother of lying when you could not find it. You didn't even know the childs last name!!!!

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#63569 Jan 25, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually did that, I agree, you earned time to do whatever you want to do. i doubt you actually did this though. You have stated you have done many things. Once you said you were a business owner, now you are an ex-healthcare worker. Next week it will probably be an ex-policwoman or something of that nature.
Even if you did indeed earn your retirement, you have not earned the right to criticize and condemn others for having opinions different than you. I hope you didn't raise your two kids that way.
She got her early retirement from her job as a 911 operator. According to her. She retired, assault charges dropped. We have been stuck with her since.
Pete

Elizabethton, TN

#63573 Jan 25, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
She got her early retirement from her job as a 911 operator. According to her. She retired, assault charges dropped. We have been stuck with her since.
But the entertainment in calling her out on all her contradictions is priceless. She claims to be this all-knowing sage with superior political insight yet she contradicts herself and posts obvious fibs
from one post to the next. I can't believe she doesn't realize that a reader of this thread can't figure out she is an imposter when she basically contradicts herself from post to post. And as gravy to her lunacy, she tells everyone only she speaks the truth and facts. I guess she deserves her penalty for such sins of being condemned to a room in front of a computer posing as somebody she's not on Topix for the rest of her life.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63576 Jan 25, 2013
"Moyers Guest: Lobbyist Concerns More Important To Congress Than 'Concerns Of Middle America'."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/25/moyers-...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63578 Jan 25, 2013
"The Best Reporting On What's Wrong With Congress."

Click here:
http://www.propublica.org/article/the-best-re...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63583 Jan 25, 2013
Folks, if you think the Super Wealthy that control the GOP, aren't dead set on making this Country a Dictatorship, and that's well on its way to happening right now , you really need to read this!
----------
"GOP Judge's Ruling Could Blow Up Obama's Consumer Watchdog."

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/01/repub...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63584 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
"Moyers Guest: Lobbyist Concerns More Important To Congress Than 'Concerns Of Middle America'."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/25/moyers-...
Not only that Sassy, but today Lobbies are contolling our Mid-East Foreign Policy.
Hell come to think of it they have more power than the vote!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63586 Jan 25, 2013
"Republicans Might Be Outsmarting Themselves On The Electoral College."

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/01...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63589 Jan 25, 2013
"A Rape A Minute, A Thousand Corpses A Year."

("Violence against Women is incessantly overlooked both in America and elsewhere.")

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/r...
Keeper

Somerset, KY

#63592 Jan 25, 2013
Well said
Name

Kingston, TN

#63593 Jan 25, 2013
cool
fmjismyshepherd

Morristown, TN

#63594 Jan 25, 2013
lol..just read the last five or six pages of this thread..even read a few of Really Sassy's links..
wow..
I'm glad she's on the web 24/7 or she could actually be out in the public doing who knows what..
thank god for topix
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63596 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're wrong about that, too...they can attach anything that you own, and/or ever will own, and/or garnish your wages, present and/or future...or, all of the above! It's no different than any other Bill that you owe.
And, I don't know about now, but the Gov't Funding comes from the Federal Gov't., as well as the County Gov't. I don't know what all the criteria is that the Hospital has to meet, but one is to NOT turn anybody away and refuse them Medical Care, and that does NOT mean they have to give them Free Medical Care! it means just what I said...that they cannot turn them away and refuse to give them Medical care.
Think about it..no County could afford to pay for the cost of Free Full Medical Care for an extremely serious Medical Happening, for very many People , that could easily run into a Million Dollars for each Patient. Two or three Emergency Heart Surgeries, alone, would probably cost that!
As usual you take this to extremes. I am sorry I started this line of reasoning.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63597 Jan 25, 2013
"GOP Prepares Comeback:'We Can't Come Off As A Bunch Of Angry White Men'."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/republican...
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63598 Jan 25, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope all compassionate Humam Beings don't foolow your lead by asking a grieving mother if she was the drunk driver that killed her child. Or by looking for a death certificate for that child, then accusing the mother of lying when you could not find it. You didn't even know the childs last name!!!!
Sounds like RS is a real nut job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheist/agnostic atrocities 5 min Love 30
Policeman Teddy Lawing (Jul '14) 7 min Keep it to yourself 42
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 9 min Trunketeer 7,670
Tracey Michelle Cutshall Berryhill Holt 12 min stupid 27
No Condoms?household things to use (Mar '13) 22 min bb biochy 41
when we die 37 min follow Jesus 53
ty for slandering 1 hr question 9
Poll What unversaty you atend? 9 hr Mr Christian 31
Ted Cruz for president 19 hr Question 117
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]