Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63499 Jan 25, 2013
Goodbye wrote:
What is syterical ? Don't you mean hysterical?<quoted text>
Satire
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63502 Jan 25, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you think I should pay, through my hard earned money, for your healthcare. Not Medicare but rather Obamacare. Medicare/medicaid already takes of the old and disadvantaged. I have not problems with that.
Well...if you saw my tax bills, you might assume that I am paying for yours. That aside, again...in a word, yes.
I believe we are all in this great experiment called the "United States" together. We stand or fall as a group. Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said we should all hang together or we will surely hang separately... or words to that effect ?
Some of you folks think you are self sufficient, you don't need anything from anyone....until you do. You take for granted what is provided by all taxpayers for the benefit of all citizens which COULD NOT exist without the whole.
In this, the greatest country the world has ever known, it is unconcionable to have people who are denied healthcare simply because they have a pre-existing condition or because they have a job that does not provide health insurance and are too poor to buy it themselves.
This more than any other issue in my opinion, DESTROYS the right's contention that they are "Christians" or that this is a "Christian Nation". The Jesus of the Bible, the one I pray to would not turn his back on 40 million people simply because they are poor.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63505 Jan 25, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you think I should pay, through my hard earned money, for your healthcare. Not Medicare but rather Obamacare. Medicare/medicaid already takes of the old and disadvantaged. I have not problems with that.
I think you should start reading the Links that I've put up, to try to educate People like you, that don't have the faintest idea of what they're talking about!

If you won't even try to educate yourself about what Obamacare is, how it will work, who it will cover and what it will cost them...then, you don't even need to be commenting on it, PERIOD!

I didn't even understand it myself...and I read everything that was out there, but more and more is starting to come out about it as the time for it to fully go into effect, is drawing closer. I'm posting the Links as that information is coming out and I am finding it.
BTW, I don't think it was deliberately kept secret. I think that since the Teapublicans have blown so much money , trying to Repeal it, that All the Press wanted to wait and see if it "remained the same" or if it remained at all, before they reported alot of information that might turn out to be all fictitious, by 2014, the time that it will all be fully implemented, unless something changes this year, which is still a possibility!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63507 Jan 25, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well...if you saw my tax bills, you might assume that I am paying for yours. That aside, again...in a word, yes.
I believe we are all in this great experiment called the "United States" together. We stand or fall as a group. Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said we should all hang together or we will surely hang separately... or words to that effect ?
Some of you folks think you are self sufficient, you don't need anything from anyone....until you do. You take for granted what is provided by all taxpayers for the benefit of all citizens which COULD NOT exist without the whole.
In this, the greatest country the world has ever known, it is unconcionable to have people who are denied healthcare simply because they have a pre-existing condition or because they have a job that does not provide health insurance and are too poor to buy it themselves.
This more than any other issue in my opinion, DESTROYS the right's contention that they are "Christians" or that this is a "Christian Nation". The Jesus of the Bible, the one I pray to would not turn his back on 40 million people simply because they are poor.
You are so right, OT! The measure that any Nation's Society is judged by , is how well they take care of the Poorest and Weakest , among them!
With all this Selfish, Greedy Complaining that the Teapublicans do about how much they have to pay in Taxes...I posted a Link comparing the amount that U.S. Citizens pay in taxes, compared to all the other Civilized Countries in the world and, the U.S. was the Lowest Taxed Nation in the World, by far!
It came from the Yahoo Business Website and I posted it yesterday. If any of you don't believe me, it's on this Thread...go back to yesterday and read it for yourself!
It's absolutely incredible how Spoiled most Americans are and how much they take for granted, especially the Teapublicans who want more and more for themselves and to He*l with everybody else!
BC resident

New Johnsonville, TN

#63510 Jan 25, 2013
Sassy,a person on disability gets medicare after they have been on disability for 24 months. The premium for 2013 is up to $104.90 and the deductible is $147.00 up from $140.00
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63513 Jan 25, 2013
Federal Court: Obama, you abused your power!

DEVELOPING: Obama recess appointments unconstitutional, court

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...

a federal appeals court on Friday overturned President Obamaís controversial recess appointments from last year, ruling he abused his powers and acted when the Senate was not actually in a recess.

The three-judge panelís ruling is a major blow to Mr. Obama. The judges ruled that the appointments Mr. Obama made to the National Labor Relations Board are illegal, and the board no longer has a quorum to operate.

But the ruling has even broader constitutional significance, with the judges arguing that the presidentís recess appointment powers donít apply to ďintrasessionĒ appointments ó those made when Congress has left town for a few days or weeks.

And I thought Obama was an expert on the Constitution. He was probably smoking dope during that lesson.....
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63516 Jan 25, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well...if you saw my tax bills, you might assume that I am paying for yours. That aside, again...in a word, yes.
I believe we are all in this great experiment called the "United States" together. We stand or fall as a group. Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said we should all hang together or we will surely hang separately... or words to that effect ?
Some of you folks think you are self sufficient, you don't need anything from anyone....until you do. You take for granted what is provided by all taxpayers for the benefit of all citizens which COULD NOT exist without the whole.
In this, the greatest country the world has ever known, it is unconcionable to have people who are denied healthcare simply because they have a pre-existing condition or because they have a job that does not provide health insurance and are too poor to buy it themselves.
This more than any other issue in my opinion, DESTROYS the right's contention that they are "Christians" or that this is a "Christian Nation". The Jesus of the Bible, the one I pray to would not turn his back on 40 million people simply because they are poor.
Of this I agree with you on some points however, there is a fallacy about your thinking. Can't get into it at this moment, but will a little later.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63517 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right, OT! The measure that any Nation's Society is judged by , is how well they take care of the Poorest and Weakest , among them!
With all this Selfish, Greedy Complaining that the Teapublicans do about how much they have to pay in Taxes...I posted a Link comparing the amount that U.S. Citizens pay in taxes, compared to all the other Civilized Countries in the world and, the U.S. was the Lowest Taxed Nation in the World, by far!
It came from the Yahoo Business Website and I posted it yesterday. If any of you don't believe me, it's on this Thread...go back to yesterday and read it for yourself!
It's absolutely incredible how Spoiled most Americans are and how much they take for granted, especially the Teapublicans who want more and more for themselves and to He*l with everybody else!
It would not matter if Obamacare striped everyone of their livelyhood. All you care about that it came from the dem/libs so anything you say is biased to a point you cannot debate any subject. Even though I respect your opinion, I will not listen to someone who lives in a glass bubble.
Pete

Nashville, TN

#63518 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should start reading the Links that I've put up, to try to educate People like you, that don't have the faintest idea of what they're talking about!
If you won't even try to educate yourself about what Obamacare is, how it will work, who it will cover and what it will cost them...then, you don't even need to be commenting on it, PERIOD!
I didn't even understand it myself...and I read everything that was out there, but more and more is starting to come out about it as the time for it to fully go into effect, is drawing closer. I'm posting the Links as that information is coming out and I am finding it.
BTW, I don't think it was deliberately kept secret. I think that since the Teapublicans have blown so much money , trying to Repeal it, that All the Press wanted to wait and see if it "remained the same" or if it remained at all, before they reported alot of information that might turn out to be all fictitious, by 2014, the time that it will all be fully implemented, unless something changes this year, which is still a possibility!
This post, like all of your others, is so full of incorrect statements I don't know where to start. First of all, I have read the entire document twice because these new regulations affect me and my business greatly. I am not going to go into every detail of this document, but the bottom line is that there are new Obamacare taxes that everyone will have to pay to help fund this program. Reduced medicare spending is supposed to fund the rest. Businesses are going to be hit hard starting in 2014 with new taxes to help fund this. As a result, businesses will start raising prices or reducing staff to help pay for these new taxes. In short, more people will get healthcare, but it will be at the cost of less jobs and higher prices. You can spin it all you want, but this is the essence of this bill. Just read it and you will see.

Second, any information on this legislation was kept quiet because our President and certain leaders in the Senate didn't want the details getting out because they knew it would never be passed if they were. The media and our president didn't want the details getting leaked because if they were, he would look very bad. This legislation was written in a hurry, never scrutinized for its real impact on our economy, never scrutinized regarding whether it would actually lower healthcare costs and was simply a political tool. Healthcare premiums are now skyrocketing due to the anticipation of the impact of this regulation and businesses are now converting to a 100% part time work force to fall outside of it. This is no secret and is happening right now.

Your statement and your often used term "Teapublicans" can't be any more incorrect. The actual regulation was done as an executive order. In other words, the President approved it with "executive privledge." Any type of lobbying by your so called Teapublicans would have been done in vain because this regulation wasn't enacted by Congress. You may be referring to public campaigns via tv ads to inform the public on what was exactly in the bill, however, the bill already had less than a 40% approval rating. The public was already against it so why run a campaign against it if the public is already agreeing with you? This simply did not happen. Our president knew about the details in the bill, knew the public disagreed with it, and authorized it anyway.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63519 Jan 25, 2013
BC resident wrote:
Sassy,a person on disability gets medicare after they have been on disability for 24 months. The premium for 2013 is up to $104.90 and the deductible is $147.00 up from $140.00
Thanks! I've never been on Disability, but my Dad was, for a short period of time, when he developed his Health Problems. Then, he turned old enough to qualify for Social Security and Medicare and he was switched over, by the SS Dept., I thought. But, it may have been done when he signed up to draw his Social Security...or it may have changed since then, in the way they do it.
He was still working when his severe Health Problem began, but he was almost old enough to retire. So, I don't doubt but that your information is correct. I don't remember his exact age, but I know that he was in his 60's, when he had to quit work because of his first Surgery, the first one of many to follow.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63520 Jan 25, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
It would not matter if Obamacare striped everyone of their livelyhood. All you care about that it came from the dem/libs so anything you say is biased to a point you cannot debate any subject. Even though I respect your opinion, I will not listen to someone who lives in a glass bubble.
And THAT, My Dear, is why you never learn anything and are Soooo misinformed! A Closed Mind will never know the truth because it has no way of learning it! How unfortunate that you're only interested in the Ideology and not in learning the truth about the Issues from any source that offers it!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63521 Jan 25, 2013
...you'll never learn...
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63522 Jan 25, 2013
What difference does it make?

Forget passing the House. Feinstein is gonna have to buy off votes in the Senate:

Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democratic Votes to Pass Senate

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-25/assa...

A proposed ban on sales of assault weapons would be defeated in the U.S. Senate today unless some members changed their current views, based on a Bloomberg review of recent lawmaker statements and interviews.

At least six of the 55 senators who caucus with Democrats have recently expressed skepticism or outright opposition to a ban, the review found. That means Democrats wouldnít have a simple 51-vote majority to pass the measure, let alone the 60 votes needed to break a Republican filibuster to bring it to a floor vote.

Reid's Senate: Stopping government like a stoppud up sink.
BC resident

New Johnsonville, TN

#63523 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I've never been on Disability, but my Dad was, for a short period of time, when he developed his Health Problems. Then, he turned old enough to qualify for Social Security and Medicare and he was switched over, by the SS Dept., I thought. But, it may have been done when he signed up to draw his Social Security...or it may have changed since then, in the way they do it.
He was still working when his severe Health Problem began, but he was almost old enough to retire. So, I don't doubt but that your information is correct. I don't remember his exact age, but I know that he was in his 60's, when he had to quit work because of his first Surgery, the first one of many to follow.
My spouse was put on disability at 54 for severe copd. After 24 months medicare automatically kicked in. On the other hand if a person retired at 62 they cannot get medicare until the age of 65. I am 65 and now receive widow's benefits.
Pete

Nashville, TN

#63524 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
And THAT, My Dear, is why you never learn anything and are Soooo misinformed! A Closed Mind will never know the truth because it has no way of learning it! How unfortunate that you're only interested in the Ideology and not in learning the truth about the Issues from any source that offers it!
And I suppose that you think you are the only supplier of truth and nothing you say has anything to do with ideology but your interpretation of the truth. You maam, are probably the most uninformed, opinionated poster on this forum - ever. The truth speaks for itself, you speaking for the truth only distorts it.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63525 Jan 25, 2013
All you gun owners better check this out.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20701142/gu...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63526 Jan 25, 2013
There were fairly clear policy rules once upon a time. If you wanted to pass gun control, you would get up, use a bunch of kids as props and put in a Senate bill that would get the job done. Thatís still being done, but itís only the tip of the iceberg.

Obama Inc. is consolidating control over the economy which puts its minions in the position of being able to make policy through economic pressure and policy. Under Socialism, you donít have to pass a law, you just have to use your economic control to make the companies enforce the law.

Growing government control over banks and investment companies, directly and indirectly, allows those institutions to be used to target firearms manufacturers.

Cerberus was bullied into dropping the Freedom Group which includes Remington and Bushmaster. Bushmaster has become a special target for the anti-2nd amendment movement. Now Rahm Emanuel is demanding that TD Bank and Bank of America end their lines of credit to firearms manufacturers unless they come out in support of Obamaís war on the Bill of Rights.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/obam...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63527 Jan 25, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
What difference does it make?
Forget passing the House. Feinstein is gonna have to buy off votes in the Senate:
Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democratic Votes to Pass Senate
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-25/assa...
A proposed ban on sales of assault weapons would be defeated in the U.S. Senate today unless some members changed their current views, based on a Bloomberg review of recent lawmaker statements and interviews.
At least six of the 55 senators who caucus with Democrats have recently expressed skepticism or outright opposition to a ban, the review found. That means Democrats wouldnít have a simple 51-vote majority to pass the measure, let alone the 60 votes needed to break a Republican filibuster to bring it to a floor vote.
Reid's Senate: Stopping government like a stoppud up sink.
Check your figures...it takes 60 Votes to break a Filibuster, NOT 51! 51 Votes is a Simple Majority...the Senate adopted the "Super" Majority Rule a few Administrations ago, and a "Super" majority takes 60 Votes!

I think there's a very good likelihood that this a case of "looking " like the President TRIED to do something, but WITHOUT actually doing anything! He would have been crucified by the Teapublicans for not TRYING to do something!
Y'all just got your Fruit of the Looms all in a Bunch over nothing!
If anything DOES pass, it'll be a Bill so watered down that they shouldn't have even wasted all this time on it! But, that's the way Politics operates when you're trying to please all of the People, on one issue!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63528 Jan 25, 2013
Nuh wrote:
There were fairly clear policy rules once upon a time. If you wanted to pass gun control, you would get up, use a bunch of kids as props and put in a Senate bill that would get the job done. Thatís still being done, but itís only the tip of the iceberg.
Obama Inc. is consolidating control over the economy which puts its minions in the position of being able to make policy through economic pressure and policy. Under Socialism, you donít have to pass a law, you just have to use your economic control to make the companies enforce the law.
Growing government control over banks and investment companies, directly and indirectly, allows those institutions to be used to target firearms manufacturers.
Cerberus was bullied into dropping the Freedom Group which includes Remington and Bushmaster. Bushmaster has become a special target for the anti-2nd amendment movement. Now Rahm Emanuel is demanding that TD Bank and Bank of America end their lines of credit to firearms manufacturers unless they come out in support of Obamaís war on the Bill of Rights.
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/obam...
You just couldn't live without those Conspiracy Theories, could you? I'll bet they are the only thing that gives your Life "meaning" and without them, you'd just be lost!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63529 Jan 25, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suppose that you think you are the only supplier of truth and nothing you say has anything to do with ideology but your interpretation of the truth. You maam, are probably the most uninformed, opinionated poster on this forum - ever. The truth speaks for itself, you speaking for the truth only distorts it.
Like everything else you post...you couldn't tell the truth if your Life depended on it! Just make it up however you want to, People like you aren't worth even trying to reason with and it's foolish to even try!
Facts don't interest you because you just make up your own , on every Issue, no matter what it is or who it is!
So, just knock yourself out, Buddy! it only makes you, and your opinion, irrelevant...as far as I'm concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 6 min Red_Forman 5,720
What IS Schizophrenia? 17 min BlackStar 5
heidiho 21 min TryToSmile 6
***** last post wins ***** 52 min Bree_Z 624
Jordan Greenway 1 hr Jimbo 4
Rock Batter? (Jul '10) 1 hr Judy 36
Stealing drugs and needles from laughlin hospital 2 hr crzy bch 24
What I learned about relationshps 14 hr csmaven 62
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 15 hr idiots 172
Principal at Mosheim 17 hr really 83
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:31 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 6:31PM
Cam Newton leads a suddenly dangerous Panthers team into playoffs
Bleacher Report 6:39 PM
Loss to Carolina Must Mark End of the Mike Smith Era
NBC Sports12:50 AM
Colts cap 11-win season with 27-10 win over Titans - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:57 AM
Panthers, Falcons head in opposite directions - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:37 AM
Panthers believe anything is possible now