|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I believe your talking about my Congressman Scott Desjarlais(pro-life, family values.......for others but not himself)who helped throw fellow Republican Gov. Christie under the bus by voting no on Hurricane Sandy Relief. I have sent him a few request by e-mail and buy phone but for some reason I have never recieved anything back........maybe he has a firewall set up for Democrats. Or maybe he is to busy trying to cover his tracks.
Several years ago (at least 12) I went to him in Jasper when I was sick and my regular doc couldn't see me soon enough. He checked me out and all - but then said he couldn't write me a prescription. I was like - WHAT?!?!? Just what good is a doc who can't write prescriptions?

Turns out he was under some sort of disciplinary action from the state board of docs or whatever it is for something he had done back then. I only went to him that one time...and I didn't vote for him the last two rounds either.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Several years ago (at least 12) I went to him in Jasper when I was sick and my regular doc couldn't see me soon enough. He checked me out and all - but then said he couldn't write me a prescription. I was like - WHAT?!?!? Just what good is a doc who can't write prescriptions?
Turns out he was under some sort of disciplinary action from the state board of docs or whatever it is for something he had done back then. I only went to him that one time...and I didn't vote for him the last two rounds either.
Good for you, Nuh! But, unfortunately, enough People did vote for him to get him elected, obviously. That's a real shame, IMO!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
You Guys have been wanting me to disagree with Obama, and the Dems, on an Issue...well Baby, here it is! This is total discrimination and BS!
----------
"Older Smokers Priced Out Of Obamacare."
Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57565787/...
I remember reading the part about allowing the insurers to charge a penalty for smoking in the law "Sassy", but I understood it to say that the subsidy would apply to the penalty as well as the premium. Apparently I was wrong, and it will not be the first time !
The entire idea of the ACA was to share the risk over the entire population, removing the ability to prohibit coverages for those who need them most and consequently, have the greatest potential to be unprofitable for insurers. This provision defeats that purpose. One more reason why the answer to universal health insurance for all Americans was Medicare for all, not a Heritage Foundation creation....still... Obamacare is better than the status quo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I got the "Be Polite and Don't use Profanity" Warning from topix for trying to post the above Post! Topix and their Moderators are some of the DUMBEST People on the face of the Earth!

NOW Moderator, how do you like that for NOT being Polite??? DAMN!...and there's your PROFANITY!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I didn't get the "Warning" for the previous post...now, you tell me that the Moderator isn't "higher than a Georgia Pine"...on STUPIDITY, if nothing else!
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I remember reading the part about allowing the insurers to charge a penalty for smoking in the law "Sassy", but I understood it to say that the subsidy would apply to the penalty as well as the premium. Apparently I was wrong, and it will not be the first time !
The entire idea of the ACA was to share the risk over the entire population, removing the ability to prohibit coverages for those who need them most and consequently, have the greatest potential to be unprofitable for insurers. This provision defeats that purpose. One more reason why the answer to universal health insurance for all Americans was Medicare for all, not a Heritage Foundation creation....still... Obamacare is better than the status quo.
You think you have an inherent ?RIGHT? to healthcare. It gonna run people out of business and your jobs (if you have them)are gonna be in the past. Me, I am old enough to get on Social Security, Medicare. Gonna get on welfare and disability as well. Sit back watch the rest of you Yo-Yos sink deeper and deeper. You see, the other side can play at the same game.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Wonder IF wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you have an inherent ?RIGHT? to healthcare. It gonna run people out of business and your jobs (if you have them)are gonna be in the past. Me, I am old enough to get on Social Security, Medicare. Gonna get on welfare and disability as well. Sit back watch the rest of you Yo-Yos sink deeper and deeper. You see, the other side can play at the same game.
Well, either you're lying about being old enough to get on Medicare or you know nothing about it, because you can't be on Medicare and Disability, at the same time.
If you're on Disability, as you as you become eligible for Medicare, the Gov't. will automatically switch you to it.
Also, there's is a Headline on my Today's Feed that says the price of Medicare is going up in 2013. We already pay $100.00 a month just for the Doctors Part, alone...so I'm going to have to read it to see what is going up. when I do, I'll post the Link. so, you see, we don't get anything for free, not even Medicare that we've pain into all our Working Lives! So, cry me another River!
Oh, and actually the "Doctor's" part of Medicare is actually $99.90, but the Gov't. takes an even $100.00 out of your Social Security Check. Now, that multiplied by a few million, is a nice little chunk of change that we don't owe, but do you heard any of us belly-aching about it? NO! But, all you Greedy Tea Baggers and Republicans do nothing, but gripe and whine about every little penny that you have to pay the Gov't. for anything! All you People want is a totally FREE RIDE, and everybody else to pay for it! DISGUSTING!
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, either you're lying about being old enough to get on Medicare or you know nothing about it, because you can't be on Medicare and Disability, at the same time.
If you're on Disability, as you as you become eligible for Medicare, the Gov't. will automatically switch you to it.
Also, there's is a Headline on my Today's Feed that says the price of Medicare is going up in 2013. We already pay $100.00 a month just for the Doctors Part, alone...so I'm going to have to read it to see what is going up. when I do, I'll post the Link. so, you see, we don't get anything for free, not even Medicare that we've pain into all our Working Lives! So, cry me another River!
Oh, and actually the "Doctor's" part of Medicare is actually $99.90, but the Gov't. takes an even $100.00 out of your Social Security Check. Now, that multiplied by a few million, is a nice little chunk of change that we don't owe, but do you heard any of us belly-aching about it? NO! But, all you Greedy Tea Baggers and Republicans do nothing, but gripe and whine about every little penny that you have to pay the Gov't. for anything! All you People want is a totally FREE RIDE, and everybody else to pay for it! DISGUSTING!
It was syterical darlin' Yes am on SS, have a disability (back) but don't have disability. Why---because someone else would have to pay for it. It is not right. A FREE ride is what the Dem/libs want.BIG GOV. For the people that need it it is a great thing but so many abuse it. I am not one of them. I had left out food stamps which I am not on. I am not so sure about the claim that disability converts to Medicare. Will FInd out.. They are two different horses. One you get Medical care and the other you get paid for being disabled. Now the Medical part of disability may change over but the payment for the disability is through SSN and it does not quit???? Before I run my mouth out to far on that limb, I will find out and let you know.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

12 Reasons I Voted Democrat

1. I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I now may marry my Labrador.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companiesí profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the Government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isnít.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe the Government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

4. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as I agree with what is said & nobody else is offended by it.

5. I voted Democrat because Iím way too irresponsible to own a gun and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

6. I voted Democrati because I believe that people who canít tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in 10 years if I donít start driving a Prius.

7. I voted Democrat because Iím not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

8. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the Social Security from those who paid into it.

9. I voted Democrati because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

10. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal Judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

11. I voted Democrat because I think that itís better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, spotted owl, gopher or fish.

12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly misplaced toward the south end of my body; itís unlikely that Iíll ever have another point of view.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Wonder IF wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you have an inherent ?RIGHT? to healthcare.
In a word... YES.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't claim to know all the specifics because I am not old enough for any of them and probably never will be at the rate they are going ;)

I do know a woman who has been on disability most all her life, and I believe when she became eligible for Medicare, she still receives it. While most seniors pay for their Medicare part B and D, hers is picked up by Medicaid.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact Pres. Woodrow Willson had a chance to end the vietnamn war before it began. >>>>>He had previously met HO CHI MIHN<<<<<<
----------
Previously "MET" Ho Chi Minh??? BTW, you can take YOUR foot out of your mouth now!!!
You're not a very good "truth teller", are you, Truth Detector? You see, it's the Fox Fake News influence, again...you just have to change and distort the truth about everybody and everything!...and sometimes, you and they just outright LIE! You've got to stop letting them mess with your mind and influence your behavior...and they do , whether you realize it or not!
In the now immortal words of the smartest woman in the world:

What difference does it make?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

I cannot keep this website from posting the other name. WOnderIF. So if you see it you know why?
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Nuh wrote:
12 Reasons I Voted Democrat
1. I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I now may marry my Labrador.
2. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companiesí profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the Government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isnít.
3. I voted Democrat because I believe the Government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
4. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as I agree with what is said & nobody else is offended by it.
5. I voted Democrat because Iím way too irresponsible to own a gun and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
6. I voted Democrati because I believe that people who canít tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in 10 years if I donít start driving a Prius.
7. I voted Democrat because Iím not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
8. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the Social Security from those who paid into it.
9. I voted Democrati because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
10. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal Judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
11. I voted Democrat because I think that itís better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, spotted owl, gopher or fish.
12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly misplaced toward the south end of my body; itís unlikely that Iíll ever have another point of view.
That puts the icing on my day. Now if someone will come up with 12 reason why they did not vote Republican.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
In the now immortal words of the smartest woman in the world:
What difference does it make?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
could not watch it, made me sick.

She must have been taking classes from BILL
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> In a word... YES.
I disagree there. But hey - now, Sports are a civil right for disabled...

http://news.yahoo.com/sports-civil-disabled-u...
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

You have really lost all your marbles thIs time. This post is so full of misinformation, I don't know where to begin.
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> In a word... YES.
Why?
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
You Guys have been wanting me to disagree with Obama, and the Dems, on an Issue...well Baby, here it is! This is total discrimination and BS!
----------
"Older Smokers Priced Out Of Obamacare."
Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57565787/...
Well...as Nancy Pelosi said, "we have to pass it for you to see what's in it"!
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

What is syterical ? Don't you mean hysterical?
Wonder IF wrote:
<quoted text>
It was syterical darlin' Yes am on SS, have a disability (back) but don't have disability. Why---because someone else would have to pay for it. It is not right. A FREE ride is what the Dem/libs want.BIG GOV. For the people that need it it is a great thing but so many abuse it. I am not one of them. I had left out food stamps which I am not on. I am not so sure about the claim that disability converts to Medicare. Will FInd out.. They are two different horses. One you get Medical care and the other you get paid for being disabled. Now the Medical part of disability may change over but the payment for the disability is through SSN and it does not quit???? Before I run my mouth out to far on that limb, I will find out and let you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Bringing In the Illegal Aliens 7 min Liberal Not Stupid 8
motor cycle clubs 18 min Mrs Roberson 2
Every went to hi shcool runion? 20 min Mrs Roberson 9
south greene football 28 min dumb jocks 24
Jordan Greenway 42 min Huey 2
Green jeep 1 hr MyNegro 3
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 3,628
twested scissors 5 hr From Jenny xoxo 8
Davis Street 6 hr CampCreeper 12
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••