Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Dunlapian! I had to skip about 3 pages trying to catch up...my Mind just started to rebel at so much Teapublican Propaganda BS. lol!
Well Sassy from what I have been advised a few days ago(from a TeaBagger) it's called Satire. I guess one would call it "TeaBagger Satire". Now this type of Satire, the rest of the Conservatives believe it to be the truth, and they send it on(by e-mail) to their other Conservatives friends.
Kinda like when they say Limbaugh is for "Entertainment purposes."

Conservatives have their own odd type of comedy/entertainment, that Liberals just don't understand..........maybe because it's not comedy/entertainment.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well Sassy from what I have been advised a few days ago(from a TeaBagger) it's called Satire. I guess one would call it "TeaBagger Satire". Now this type of Satire, the rest of the Conservatives believe it to be the truth, and they send it on(by e-mail) to their other Conservatives friends.
Kinda like when they say Limbaugh is for "Entertainment purposes."
Conservatives have their own odd type of comedy/entertainment, that Liberals just don't understand..........maybe because it's not comedy/entertainment.
I can put it in simple terms...Far-Right Conservatives are just weird People and I do NOT understand them, PERIOD!:)
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Hold on there pal, you left out Nixon who really threw gas on the fire in Nam.
To heck with all three of them and their high-and-mighty "decisions" that caused so many their lives and their loved ones so much grief.

One of the least known, and yet one of the bloodiest battles of the Vietnam War was Dong Ha...a forgotten place to those in politics, an unknown place to even more, but a place where many Americans died and the rest changed forever.

I was in country only a few days when my battalion was sent to stop what turned out to be the 320th NVA Division. They wanted to take Dong Ha which happened to be the Headquarters of the 3rd Marine Division at that time.

The 320th NVA Division outnumbered us at least 6 to 1. An NVA division had at least 6,000 soldiers. A Marine battalion, at full strength, had about 900 men.

The bad guys had reliable AK-47s, RPGs, 12.7 mm heavy machine guns, anti-aircraft guns, mortars and 130 mm artillery support from North Vietnam.

We had the guaranteed-to-jam M-16 rifles.

The mess lasted three days...when it was all over, we got to pick up our 68 dead Marines - 81 in total after those who were wounded died later. The NVA had left over 800 of their dead behind.

We had 323 wounded seriously enough to require medical evacuation..and over a 100 walking wounded.

And...for what?!?!?

Anytime a president, from either party, starts pounding war drums over whatever the "good cause" may be at a particular time in history...I'd like to walk right up to him - and kick him in the nuts, just so he can think clearly.

Sorry for the rant.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Hold on there pal, you left out Nixon who really threw gas on the fire in Nam. Please stop watching so much Fox News.
You better go read your history.. Nixon got us back home. He forced peace talks and got us to hell out of there. Only some 1500-2500 soldiers died while he was in office. That means that the Dem/libs killed about 47,000 Americans for no reason. If you want to continue this conversation, better read history and not a accounting of the war from a pu..y dem/lib organization.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
To heck with all three of them and their high-and-mighty "decisions" that caused so many their lives and their loved ones so much grief.
One of the least known, and yet one of the bloodiest battles of the Vietnam War was Dong Ha...a forgotten place to those in politics, an unknown place to even more, but a place where many Americans died and the rest changed forever.
I was in country only a few days when my battalion was sent to stop what turned out to be the 320th NVA Division. They wanted to take Dong Ha which happened to be the Headquarters of the 3rd Marine Division at that time.
The 320th NVA Division outnumbered us at least 6 to 1. An NVA division had at least 6,000 soldiers. A Marine battalion, at full strength, had about 900 men.
The bad guys had reliable AK-47s, RPGs, 12.7 mm heavy machine guns, anti-aircraft guns, mortars and 130 mm artillery support from North Vietnam.
We had the guaranteed-to-jam M-16 rifles.
The mess lasted three days...when it was all over, we got to pick up our 68 dead Marines - 81 in total after those who were wounded died later. The NVA had left over 800 of their dead behind.
We had 323 wounded seriously enough to require medical evacuation..and over a 100 walking wounded.
And...for what?!?!?
Anytime a president, from either party, starts pounding war drums over whatever the "good cause" may be at a particular time in history...I'd like to walk right up to him - and kick him in the nuts, just so he can think clearly.
Sorry for the rant.
Don't ever be sorry for having a rant about Vietnam, all of us have them.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can put it in simple terms...Far-Right Conservatives are just weird People and I do NOT understand them, PERIOD!:)
you don't even know what a far right conservative is do you? They would be your worst nightmare since like the far Left they are rejects and would not talk but just put you down permanently. SKin heads, Nazi movement of America. and then your bunch far-left (Bill Ayers, other terrorist). If the gov. goes so far as to let them loose we both had better be prepared to fight for our lives. The liberal and conservative from the Right and Left to the Middle can at least talk, have respect for each others opinion. The fra fringes of both do not! And Rush is not a far right individual no more than Obama is a far left nut. He sees a big government, nanny state were they take care of you for your vote. When he destroys the Repub. party, there will be only one party you will have no reason to vote just do what they say. Then who are you going to blame.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Another world famous post by the hypocritical RS. Let's see - you post on Topix 24 hours day with 100's of posts each week saying the same old lines over and over and over. You continue to childishly call anyone who doesn't agree with you a Teapublican. You pose as some sort of political intellectual with all of this vast political experience when all you do is troll the internet all day looking for blogs and editorials that agree with your opinion and then post hundreds of links to these same sites thinking that everyone is going to eagerly click on each link and will instantly be swayed to your way of thinking.

Then, you vainly think you are the only one that knows the ultimate truth and has all the answers to everything, then bash anyone who doesn't fall in line with your way of thinking.

And you are calling someone else weird??????????

If you've ever wondered why we can't seem to have a bipartisan congress or why our political factions can't seem to agree on anything, take a long look in the mirror. It is due to people like you being in our government, on both sides, why our country is suffering. This is an opinion forum, so simply state your opinion. People will either agree or disagree. However, your inability to understand that other people have their own views is a major weakness on your part. Your inability to realize that no one is going to adopt the thoughts and philosophies of a lady whose career is posting on Topix makes you far removed from reality.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I know!!!!!! GW BUSH
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
You better go read your history.. Nixon got us back home. He forced peace talks and got us to hell out of there. Only some 1500-2500 soldiers died while he was in office. That means that the Dem/libs killed about 47,000 Americans for no reason. If you want to continue this conversation, better read history and not a accounting of the war from a pu..y dem/lib organization.
I don't need to read no stinking history books about what was going on over there.......I was there.
I was there when Kissinger/Nixon told us not to bomb Haiphong a deep water port that was filled with nothing but Russian supply ships.
Kissinger/Nixon also told us not to bomb power plants, C.O's, water plants, Command and Control Centers(French built Villas) with a big Red Cross on it.
We were trained to do this but Kissinger/Nixon would not allow us to do what we were trained to do, all the while Americans to the South were getting slaughtered, so I ended up dropping acid, and more.
In return they sent me to the South, and that was more of a cluster phuck then the North.
Yeah Nixson got me home alright.
Sorry for my Rant!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't even know what a far right conservative is do you? They would be your worst nightmare since like the far Left they are rejects and would not talk but just put you down permanently. SKin heads, Nazi movement of America. and then your bunch far-left (Bill Ayers, other terrorist). If the gov. goes so far as to let them loose we both had better be prepared to fight for our lives. The liberal and conservative from the Right and Left to the Middle can at least talk, have respect for each others opinion. The fra fringes of both do not! And Rush is not a far right individual no more than Obama is a far left nut. He sees a big government, nanny state were they take care of you for your vote. When he destroys the Repub. party, there will be only one party you will have no reason to vote just do what they say. Then who are you going to blame.
You brought up Richard Nixon in your post before this one, so let's examine, using his record, how far right the Republican Party has moved.
Nixon visited Communist China, our "enemy" and normalized relations with them.(What would you call Obama if he visited Cuba and normalized relations with them ?)
Nixon, in answer to the environmental movement, CREATED the EPA. Now the Republican party will not even admit that golbal warming might exist.(What would you say if Obama created a Global Warming Agency ?
Nixon, in answer to rampant inflationary pressures, froze all wages and prices in the country.(What would you say if Obama froze oh .....say....gas prices ?)
Nixon, in answer to widespread lack of health insurance among poor Americans, proposed a GOVERNMENT HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM.(We all know what the right did to Obama over the ACA)

I doubt you want me to go on, but Obama is OBVIOUSLY not to the left of Nixon.
The entire Republican Party has moved ever rightward until the current party platform would make Goldwater look moderate. Nixon was the last real Republican to take the oath of office. Every one since has become more radical, culminating in that debacle of a primary held for 2012. I looked at that stage of candidates, and with the exception of ONE, you could have shaken a nut tree and got a better group.
I know the radical far right when I see it and buddy, the Republicans not only espouse it, they revel in their adoration of it.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I don't believe either party.I believe this country is run by big business whose attorneys write up what legislation suits and benifits them and passes it on to Congress to pass it into law giving Big money what they want.
I don't even know what to beleve anymore about much of anything of what is said.
WMDs?It looks more to me it was a windfall for Haliburton and Big Oil etc.
And the Patriot Act, airport radiation, and molestation etc etc.
Didn't the Brits yell loud and clear that there was massive chatter?
AlQaeda???Really??? Our friends or enemies???
Pentagon says women ok in front line??? Draft???For what???WMDs???AlQaeda???NDAA?? ?MOre spying on us???
That's why I put that up awhile ago about Gaddafi. Was it true what we heard???
I do not want my grandaughters getting killed for some bogus war for the pockets and power of a few at the top.
AND I do not know anymore what is true.One cannot make good decisions based on lies.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need to read no stinking history books about what was going on over there.......I was there.
I was there when Kissinger/Nixon told us not to bomb Haiphong a deep water port that was filled with nothing but Russian supply ships.
Kissinger/Nixon also told us not to bomb power plants, C.O's, water plants, Command and Control Centers(French built Villas) with a big Red Cross on it.
We were trained to do this but Kissinger/Nixon would not allow us to do what we were trained to do, all the while Americans to the South were getting slaughtered, so I ended up dropping acid, and more.
In return they sent me to the South, and that was more of a cluster phuck then the North.
Yeah Nixson got me home alright.
Sorry for my Rant!
first thank you for your service to our country.
When he first got in,, yes the policies that were in place were followed. Bombing Russian ships would have placed us in a war with Russia, one that would have resulted in Nuclear exchange. The problem was not that we could win but the people of the south did not care , did not want freedom, really did not know what it was so they supported the north whenever possible. Yes, only 1500-2500 soldiers died under Nixon which leaves about 47,000 soles that did die under democratic hand. They tried to micro-manage the war (the way they do now vs WWI & WWII). By the bombing of Hanoi, peace talks were arranged and at least we got out of there before another 50,000 died. To us the soldier, the taking of one place and giving it back was deadly and made no sense. The area you spoke of, made no sense either. Again thank you for you service>
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I think they all need thrown out.They make out like bandits on insider trading on coverups and what ever friggen suits their advantages. And I feel the Nation and it's People are getting the shaft.And I don't want anyones life on the line for another lie.And Obamas no better than Bush.
And I get annoyed to see this back and forth round and round over whose fool is better then whose other fool.
So There.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You brought up Richard Nixon in your post before this one, so let's examine, using his record, how far right the Republican Party has moved.
Nixon visited Communist China, our "enemy" and normalized relations with them.(What would you call Obama if he visited Cuba and normalized relations with them ?)
Nixon, in answer to the environmental movement, CREATED the EPA. Now the Republican party will not even admit that golbal warming might exist.(What would you say if Obama created a Global Warming Agency ?
Nixon, in answer to rampant inflationary pressures, froze all wages and prices in the country.(What would you say if Obama froze oh .....say....gas prices ?)
Nixon, in answer to widespread lack of health insurance among poor Americans, proposed a GOVERNMENT HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM.(We all know what the right did to Obama over the ACA)
The entire Republican Party has moved ever rightward until the current party platform would make Goldwater look moderate. Nixon was the last real Republican to take the oath of office. Every one since has become more radical, culminating in that debacle of a primary held for 2012. I looked at that stage of candidates, and with the exception of ONE, you could have shaken a nut tree and got a better group.
I know the radical far right when I see it and buddy, the Republicans not only espouse it, they revel in their adoration of it.
OK, here we go. Communist China have never been our enemy. Other than Vietnam where they helped the Viet-Cong (north), we have never done battle with them. Much like Russia is not our enemy. Their philosophy is the enemy to Democracy and Freedom. Cuban relations are really dictated by the people of southern Florida. These people fled the country and in doing so, left friends and relatives there in a totalitarian government. Obama would need to get the OK from them not me. We need to have relations with each country in order to influence, promote democracy/freedom there,
Next--EPA was not created for global warming. It was created to deal with companies that run amuck dumping chemicals,etc. Also the Coal fired plants of the TVA were producing Acid-rain on the Eastern Seaboard. They now have scrubbers that only produce good things,(I hope). EPA has been expanded under several Presidents to do what they felt was right. Much like we are having a difference of opinion here. Global Warming is a Scam for people like AL Gore to make more money and evidently sell the American people down the road to Algazera.

I see no indication that the Rep have moved to the right. Back when I was a kid, the democrats were as conservative as the republicans are now. In some of them like Strom Thurman, Bird of Virginia were so far right, one of them was in the KKK. It has been society that has been moving to the left. That would be another post which I will gladly debate with you.

Again Far right and Far Left are nut cases like Bill Ayers, KKK, Neo-Nazi -Skin head groups.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You brought up Richard Nixon in your post before this one, so let's examine, using his record, how far right the Republican Party has moved.
I dislike Nixson for the reasons you cite - and don't forget, after taking the United States off the gold standard, he said "I am now a Keynesian in economics". What an idiot.

The Heritage Foundation was founded in response to the poor direction Nixson was heading. I feel the same about Democrat leaders as you do about Pubs OT. The Dems are so far left that they have absolutely nothing in common with me.

Now...Reagan was conservative - and won two landslides, even having the term 'Reagan Democrat' sprout up. After him, the pubs sent of H.W. Bush - middle of the road, spineless and a 1 termer. Then Dole - middle of the road, spineless, and soundly defeated. Then W. Bush - right of center of course but no where near Reagan - barely won in 2000...and barely won in 2004. Then Romeny - no need to repeat that now.

Seems to be that the more pubs are conservative - they win landslide presidential elections.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
I think they all need thrown out.They make out like bandits on insider trading on coverups and what ever friggen suits their advantages. And I feel the Nation and it's People are getting the shaft.And I don't want anyones life on the line for another lie.And Obamas no better than Bush.
And I get annoyed to see this back and forth round and round over whose fool is better then whose other fool.
So There.
I agree with you to a point. Only History will determine the demeanor of Presidents past. Obama is still writing his. Today kids and Dem/libs want to look at the past and compare one president to the other.Only when you take all of the global, national, local repercussions of each one can you separate them. Yeah, one said this and the other said this. I know you cannot resist. Go ahead, someday you will wake up and learn.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, here we go. Communist China have never been our enemy. Other than Vietnam where they helped the Viet-Cong (north), we have never done battle with them. Much like Russia is not our enemy. Their philosophy is the enemy to Democracy and Freedom. Cuban relations are really dictated by the people of southern Florida. These people fled the country and in doing so, left friends and relatives there in a totalitarian government. Obama would need to get the OK from them not me. We need to have relations with each country in order to influence, promote democracy/freedom there,
Next--EPA was not created for global warming. It was created to deal with companies that run amuck dumping chemicals,etc. Also the Coal fired plants of the TVA were producing Acid-rain on the Eastern Seaboard. They now have scrubbers that only produce good things,(I hope). EPA has been expanded under several Presidents to do what they felt was right. Much like we are having a difference of opinion here. Global Warming is a Scam for people like AL Gore to make more money and evidently sell the American people down the road to Algazera.
I see no indication that the Rep have moved to the right. Back when I was a kid, the democrats were as conservative as the republicans are now. In some of them like Strom Thurman, Bird of Virginia were so far right, one of them was in the KKK. It has been society that has been moving to the left. That would be another post which I will gladly debate with you.
Again Far right and Far Left are nut cases like Bill Ayers, KKK, Neo-Nazi -Skin head groups.
China fought us in Korea.

And China did more that just 'help' N Vietnam with food and medicine too. I saw a great many very tall, very well equipped (and very well dead)'Viet Cong'
Abdul

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
...Prince Harry and Prince William...
No one cares about the two sissy boys and their photo ops.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you to a point. Only History will determine the demeanor of Presidents past. Obama is still writing his. Today kids and Dem/libs want to look at the past and compare one president to the other.Only when you take all of the global, national, local repercussions of each one can you separate them. Yeah, one said this and the other said this. I know you cannot resist. Go ahead, someday you will wake up and learn.
Taking all the global,national,and local repercussions it looks like Big business runs the show.
The worlds f--ked and Goldman Sachs is rollin in cash while they helped create the mess.These are the results I see.
DC will not go after the Big Crooks and the world is being destroyed because of it.
Obamas still writing.God help us I think he's wrote enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••