Hey

Manchester, TN

#63390 Jan 24, 2013
I think they all need thrown out.They make out like bandits on insider trading on coverups and what ever friggen suits their advantages. And I feel the Nation and it's People are getting the shaft.And I don't want anyones life on the line for another lie.And Obamas no better than Bush.
And I get annoyed to see this back and forth round and round over whose fool is better then whose other fool.
So There.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63391 Jan 24, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You brought up Richard Nixon in your post before this one, so let's examine, using his record, how far right the Republican Party has moved.
Nixon visited Communist China, our "enemy" and normalized relations with them.(What would you call Obama if he visited Cuba and normalized relations with them ?)
Nixon, in answer to the environmental movement, CREATED the EPA. Now the Republican party will not even admit that golbal warming might exist.(What would you say if Obama created a Global Warming Agency ?
Nixon, in answer to rampant inflationary pressures, froze all wages and prices in the country.(What would you say if Obama froze oh .....say....gas prices ?)
Nixon, in answer to widespread lack of health insurance among poor Americans, proposed a GOVERNMENT HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM.(We all know what the right did to Obama over the ACA)
I doubt you want me to go on, but Obama is OBVIOUSLY not to the left of Nixon.
The entire Republican Party has moved ever rightward until the current party platform would make Goldwater look moderate. Nixon was the last real Republican to take the oath of office. Every one since has become more radical, culminating in that debacle of a primary held for 2012. I looked at that stage of candidates, and with the exception of ONE, you could have shaken a nut tree and got a better group.
I know the radical far right when I see it and buddy, the Republicans not only espouse it, they revel in their adoration of it.
OK, here we go. Communist China have never been our enemy. Other than Vietnam where they helped the Viet-Cong (north), we have never done battle with them. Much like Russia is not our enemy. Their philosophy is the enemy to Democracy and Freedom. Cuban relations are really dictated by the people of southern Florida. These people fled the country and in doing so, left friends and relatives there in a totalitarian government. Obama would need to get the OK from them not me. We need to have relations with each country in order to influence, promote democracy/freedom there,
Next--EPA was not created for global warming. It was created to deal with companies that run amuck dumping chemicals,etc. Also the Coal fired plants of the TVA were producing Acid-rain on the Eastern Seaboard. They now have scrubbers that only produce good things,(I hope). EPA has been expanded under several Presidents to do what they felt was right. Much like we are having a difference of opinion here. Global Warming is a Scam for people like AL Gore to make more money and evidently sell the American people down the road to Algazera.

I see no indication that the Rep have moved to the right. Back when I was a kid, the democrats were as conservative as the republicans are now. In some of them like Strom Thurman, Bird of Virginia were so far right, one of them was in the KKK. It has been society that has been moving to the left. That would be another post which I will gladly debate with you.

Again Far right and Far Left are nut cases like Bill Ayers, KKK, Neo-Nazi -Skin head groups.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63392 Jan 24, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You brought up Richard Nixon in your post before this one, so let's examine, using his record, how far right the Republican Party has moved.
Nixon visited Communist China, our "enemy" and normalized relations with them.(What would you call Obama if he visited Cuba and normalized relations with them ?)
Nixon, in answer to the environmental movement, CREATED the EPA. Now the Republican party will not even admit that golbal warming might exist.(What would you say if Obama created a Global Warming Agency ?
Nixon, in answer to rampant inflationary pressures, froze all wages and prices in the country.(What would you say if Obama froze oh .....say....gas prices ?)
Nixon, in answer to widespread lack of health insurance among poor Americans, proposed a GOVERNMENT HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM.(We all know what the right did to Obama over the ACA)
I doubt you want me to go on, but Obama is OBVIOUSLY not to the left of Nixon.
The entire Republican Party has moved ever rightward until the current party platform would make Goldwater look moderate. Nixon was the last real Republican to take the oath of office. Every one since has become more radical, culminating in that debacle of a primary held for 2012. I looked at that stage of candidates, and with the exception of ONE, you could have shaken a nut tree and got a better group.
I know the radical far right when I see it and buddy, the Republicans not only espouse it, they revel in their adoration of it.
I dislike Nixson for the reasons you cite - and don't forget, after taking the United States off the gold standard, he said "I am now a Keynesian in economics". What an idiot.

The Heritage Foundation was founded in response to the poor direction Nixson was heading. I feel the same about Democrat leaders as you do about Pubs OT. The Dems are so far left that they have absolutely nothing in common with me.

Now...Reagan was conservative - and won two landslides, even having the term 'Reagan Democrat' sprout up. After him, the pubs sent of H.W. Bush - middle of the road, spineless and a 1 termer. Then Dole - middle of the road, spineless, and soundly defeated. Then W. Bush - right of center of course but no where near Reagan - barely won in 2000...and barely won in 2004. Then Romeny - no need to repeat that now.

Seems to be that the more pubs are conservative - they win landslide presidential elections.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63393 Jan 24, 2013
Hey wrote:
I think they all need thrown out.They make out like bandits on insider trading on coverups and what ever friggen suits their advantages. And I feel the Nation and it's People are getting the shaft.And I don't want anyones life on the line for another lie.And Obamas no better than Bush.
And I get annoyed to see this back and forth round and round over whose fool is better then whose other fool.
So There.
I agree with you to a point. Only History will determine the demeanor of Presidents past. Obama is still writing his. Today kids and Dem/libs want to look at the past and compare one president to the other.Only when you take all of the global, national, local repercussions of each one can you separate them. Yeah, one said this and the other said this. I know you cannot resist. Go ahead, someday you will wake up and learn.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63394 Jan 24, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, here we go. Communist China have never been our enemy. Other than Vietnam where they helped the Viet-Cong (north), we have never done battle with them. Much like Russia is not our enemy. Their philosophy is the enemy to Democracy and Freedom. Cuban relations are really dictated by the people of southern Florida. These people fled the country and in doing so, left friends and relatives there in a totalitarian government. Obama would need to get the OK from them not me. We need to have relations with each country in order to influence, promote democracy/freedom there,
Next--EPA was not created for global warming. It was created to deal with companies that run amuck dumping chemicals,etc. Also the Coal fired plants of the TVA were producing Acid-rain on the Eastern Seaboard. They now have scrubbers that only produce good things,(I hope). EPA has been expanded under several Presidents to do what they felt was right. Much like we are having a difference of opinion here. Global Warming is a Scam for people like AL Gore to make more money and evidently sell the American people down the road to Algazera.
I see no indication that the Rep have moved to the right. Back when I was a kid, the democrats were as conservative as the republicans are now. In some of them like Strom Thurman, Bird of Virginia were so far right, one of them was in the KKK. It has been society that has been moving to the left. That would be another post which I will gladly debate with you.
Again Far right and Far Left are nut cases like Bill Ayers, KKK, Neo-Nazi -Skin head groups.
China fought us in Korea.

And China did more that just 'help' N Vietnam with food and medicine too. I saw a great many very tall, very well equipped (and very well dead)'Viet Cong'
Abdul

Ireland

#63395 Jan 24, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
...Prince Harry and Prince William...
No one cares about the two sissy boys and their photo ops.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63396 Jan 24, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you to a point. Only History will determine the demeanor of Presidents past. Obama is still writing his. Today kids and Dem/libs want to look at the past and compare one president to the other.Only when you take all of the global, national, local repercussions of each one can you separate them. Yeah, one said this and the other said this. I know you cannot resist. Go ahead, someday you will wake up and learn.
Taking all the global,national,and local repercussions it looks like Big business runs the show.
The worlds f--ked and Goldman Sachs is rollin in cash while they helped create the mess.These are the results I see.
DC will not go after the Big Crooks and the world is being destroyed because of it.
Obamas still writing.God help us I think he's wrote enough.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63397 Jan 24, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>

Now...Reagan was conservative - and won two landslides, even having the term 'Reagan Democrat' sprout up. After him, the pubs sent of H.W. Bush - middle of the road, spineless and a 1 termer. Then Dole - middle of the road, spineless, and soundly defeated. Then W. Bush - right of center of course but no where near Reagan - barely won in 2000...and barely won in 2004. Then Romeny - no need to repeat that now.
Seems to be that the more pubs are conservative - they win landslide presidential elections.
Interesting take on the Reagan races "Nuh".
1980 popular vote percentage
Reagan 50.75%
2008 popular vote percentage
Obama 52.87%
2012 popular vote percentage
Obama 51.02%
If that was a Reagan landslide.....what was Obama's ? Is there a word greater than "landslide" ? Obama MUST have had TWO of those then...right ?

Reagan did have a landslide election in 1984 when he got 58.77% of the popular vote.. a WHOPPING 5.9% and 7.72% respectfully, above the Obama total. Chuckles !
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63398 Jan 24, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, here we go. Communist China have never been our enemy. Other than Vietnam where they helped the Viet-Cong (north), we have never done battle with them. Much like Russia is not our enemy. Their philosophy is the enemy to Democracy and Freedom.
With that statement.....you leave me speechless ....congratulations, that doesn't happen often !!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63399 Jan 24, 2013
It's Official: Worst. Recovery. EVER

If there was any debate whether the Fed's policies have helped the economy or just the market (and specifically the Bernanke-targeted Russell 2000), the following two charts will end any and all debate. As the following chart from the St Louis Fed shows, as of the just completed quarter, US GDP "growth" since the "recovery" is now the worst in US history, having just dipped below the heretofore lowest on record.

So...after all of the bailouts; $787 BILLION "stimulus"; and all the other Big-government Keynesian moves - we're not much better off now than when we started.

See the charts here:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-24/its-...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63400 Jan 24, 2013
Nuh wrote:
It's Official: Worst. Recovery. EVER
If there was any debate whether the Fed's policies have helped the economy or just the market (and specifically the Bernanke-targeted Russell 2000), the following two charts will end any and all debate. As the following chart from the St Louis Fed shows, as of the just completed quarter, US GDP "growth" since the "recovery" is now the worst in US history, having just dipped below the heretofore lowest on record.
So...after all of the bailouts; $787 BILLION "stimulus"; and all the other Big-government Keynesian moves - we're not much better off now than when we started.
See the charts here:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-24/its-...
What's 800 billion compared to the trillions upon trillions we spent preparing for war with the USSR and Communist China over half a century, when we have just been advised that neither were REALLY our enemies after all "Nuh" ?

How wasteful our elected representatives have been with the nation's treasure. Reagan ran up record deficits in an effort to out build the Soviet military and it was all for naught....and we still owe the money he borrowed doing it !
CHUCKLES !!!(satire in case anyone doesn't recognize it !!)
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63401 Jan 24, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What's 800 billion compared to the trillions upon trillions we spent preparing for war with the USSR and Communist China over half a century, when we have just been advised that neither were REALLY our enemies after all "Nuh" ?
How wasteful our elected representatives have been with the nation's treasure. Reagan ran up record deficits in an effort to out build the Soviet military and it was all for naught....and we still owe the money he borrowed doing it !
CHUCKLES !!!(satire in case anyone doesn't recognize it !!)
LOL
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63402 Jan 24, 2013
Huh. Pistol packin’ Diane Feinstein is fixin to limit your rights to have a gun.

Meanwhile, in THE DALLES, OR a 5-year-old boy is safe, but his parents suffered a fractured skull and a broken cheekbone in an attack and kidnapping at a home in The Dalles on Wednesday, police said.

State police said Brian Depriest went into the child's home on Ninth Street, attacked the child's mother and father with a hammer and then took 5-year-old Skylar Melvin Coulter-Jarding.

Depriest, 36, is the mother's ex-boyfriend, police said, and she had a restraining order against him.
"I thought he was going to kill me," said Kathryn Riter, the boy's mom.

"The first thing I thought of was closing my bedroom door," she said. "He started swinging on Josh with a hammer and then he came right in and started beating me with a hammer."

Depriest left the scene of the kidnapping in a stolen, blue-green 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier, prompting police to issue an Amber Alert.

Here’s how it would have gone down at my house.

A 5-year-old boy is safe, in an attack and attempted kidnapping at a home in The Dalles on Wednesday, police said.

State police said Brian Depriest went into the child's home on Ninth Street, attacked the child's mother and father with a hammer and attempted to take 5-year-old Skylar Melvin Coulter-Jarding.

Depriest was shot several times, and expired on the scene.

Diane Feinstein can go to hell.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63403 Jan 24, 2013
The drought cannot be helped...however - pinheads in Washington mandating FOOD be utilized as a less-efficient (and higher priced when taxpayer subsidies to growers is taken into account) FUEL is asinine.

Higher Corn Prices = higher poultry prices...along with higher beef, etc.

The National Chicken Council in Washington, D.C., the increase in the cost of corn, in tandem with other factors, has resulted in fewer birds produced overall.

“Chicken companies produced about one percent fewer birds last year, due in large part to record high corn and feed prices,” Bill Roenigk, chief economist and market analyst, was quoted as saying.“Corn makes up more than two-thirds of chicken feed and corn prices hit an all-time high in 2012, due to two reasons: last summer’s drought and pressure from a federal government requirement that mandates 40 percent of our corn crop be turned into fuel in the form of ethanol.”

He added,“Simply put, less corn equals higher feed costs, which means fewer birds produced.”
lol

Jackson, TN

#63404 Jan 24, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What's 800 billion compared to the trillions upon trillions we spent preparing for war with the USSR and Communist China over half a century, when we have just been advised that neither were REALLY our enemies after all "Nuh" ?
How wasteful our elected representatives have been with the nation's treasure. Reagan ran up record deficits in an effort to out build the Soviet military and it was all for naught....and we still owe the money he borrowed doing it !
CHUCKLES !!!(satire in case anyone doesn't recognize it !!)
and yet Obama has got us into the worst debt yet of any President in hstory and about to do more. Yet you don't say anything about that. Typical libtard dumbass,your libs can do no wrong,but a President years ago,cause he'e republican has done so wrong.You are the dumbest ignorant fuk ever. Obama spend more in 1 year than Reagan and both Bush's and every other President spent in history.Now what part of that do you not understand clueless waste of sperm and air?
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63405 Jan 24, 2013
This mayor is a class act!

The state of Washington has a reputation as a bastion of liberalism, but there are pockets of sanity even there. This video provides a fine example of how elected officials should (and should not) conduct themselves.

The city of Oak Harbor in Washington State recently held a city council meeting. During that meeting, an Afghanistan veteran, Lucas Yonkman, approached the podium to deliver some thoughts to the council about adhering to the 2A.....

http://asp.militarygear.com/2013/01/22/oak-ha...
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

#63406 Jan 24, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
China fought us in Korea.
And China did more that just 'help' N Vietnam with food and medicine too. I saw a great many very tall, very well equipped (and very well dead)'Viet Cong'
Yeah, and we help Afgans against Russia. We also helped the French in the Burma road incident. We have never fought each other toe to toe. Thank God for small miracles.

The problem was from Viet Nam was that the gov.(democratic) should have realized that we could not wind from the start. The french had bee there for 10-15 years prior to us and they did no good. This was during a high time after the Korean war were we thought we could free everyone. We cannot.

Only the places like Iraq whose majority/minority(in arms) of the people wanted freedom, can we really do any good. To be an isolationist is to stick us in another World War. It was the Isolationist(mostly liberals) that actually cost us 250 American Lives in WWII. Had we jumped on Hitler like we did Sadam, 6 Million Jews would still be alive(or would have died by another method), 56 million other people would not have been killed by the ravages of war.. Think about it....WE do not have to go overboard but still have to have some say in world afairs or there would have been a brewing of wwIII in the Middle east already. It still might get here if we do not intervene and stop Iran from getting a Nuke.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63407 Jan 24, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>and yet Obama has got us into the worst debt yet of any President in hstory and about to do more. Yet you don't say anything about that. Typical libtard dumbass,your libs can do no wrong,but a President years ago,cause he'e republican has done so wrong.You are the dumbest ignorant fuk ever. Obama spend more in 1 year than Reagan and both Bush's and every other President spent in history.Now what part of that do you not understand clueless waste of sperm and air?
I get the feeling that if breathing required any thought....you would suffocate.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63408 Jan 24, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
To heck with all three of them and their high-and-mighty "decisions" that caused so many their lives and their loved ones so much grief.
One of the least known, and yet one of the bloodiest battles of the Vietnam War was Dong Ha...a forgotten place to those in politics, an unknown place to even more, but a place where many Americans died and the rest changed forever.
I was in country only a few days when my battalion was sent to stop what turned out to be the 320th NVA Division. They wanted to take Dong Ha which happened to be the Headquarters of the 3rd Marine Division at that time.
The 320th NVA Division outnumbered us at least 6 to 1. An NVA division had at least 6,000 soldiers. A Marine battalion, at full strength, had about 900 men.
The bad guys had reliable AK-47s, RPGs, 12.7 mm heavy machine guns, anti-aircraft guns, mortars and 130 mm artillery support from North Vietnam.
We had the guaranteed-to-jam M-16 rifles.
The mess lasted three days...when it was all over, we got to pick up our 68 dead Marines - 81 in total after those who were wounded died later. The NVA had left over 800 of their dead behind.
We had 323 wounded seriously enough to require medical evacuation..and over a 100 walking wounded.
And...for what?!?!?
Anytime a president, from either party, starts pounding war drums over whatever the "good cause" may be at a particular time in history...I'd like to walk right up to him - and kick him in the nuts, just so he can think clearly.
Sorry for the rant.
Nuh, Thank You for your Service to our Country.
not so

Dayton, OH

#63409 Jan 24, 2013
Wonder IF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and we help Afgans against Russia. We also helped the French in the Burma road incident. We have never fought each other toe to toe. Thank God for small miracles.
The problem was from Viet Nam was that the gov.(democratic) should have realized that we could not wind from the start. The french had bee there for 10-15 years prior to us and they did no good. This was during a high time after the Korean war were we thought we could free everyone. We cannot.
Only the places like Iraq whose majority/minority(in arms) of the people wanted freedom, can we really do any good. To be an isolationist is to stick us in another World War. It was the Isolationist(mostly liberals) that actually cost us 250 American Lives in WWII. Had we jumped on Hitler like we did Sadam, 6 Million Jews would still be alive(or would have died by another method), 56 million other people would not have been killed by the ravages of war.. Think about it....WE do not have to go overboard but still have to have some say in world afairs or there would have been a brewing of wwIII in the Middle east already. It still might get here if we do not intervene and stop Iran from getting a Nuke.
Eisenhower was the first president to go head first into the Vietnam conflicts. It was not the dems...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Do you patronize Topix adevertisers? 22 min z0neCrew 10
Poll What unversaty you atend? 28 min z0neCrew 11
More POOR DRIVING! 57 min Steve 8
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Steve 7,644
Ted Cruz for president 3 hr z0neCrew 70
Savannah odum running police 3 county 5 hr truth 3
where have all the good women gone 6 hr 4nik8d 38
impossible to do things alone 9 hr Kohlrabi 27

Hard Freeze Warning for Greene County was issued at March 28 at 3:04AM CDT

Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]