Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63386 Jan 24, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
You better go read your history.. Nixon got us back home. He forced peace talks and got us to hell out of there. Only some 1500-2500 soldiers died while he was in office. That means that the Dem/libs killed about 47,000 Americans for no reason. If you want to continue this conversation, better read history and not a accounting of the war from a pu..y dem/lib organization.
I don't need to read no stinking history books about what was going on over there.......I was there.
I was there when Kissinger/Nixon told us not to bomb Haiphong a deep water port that was filled with nothing but Russian supply ships.
Kissinger/Nixon also told us not to bomb power plants, C.O's, water plants, Command and Control Centers(French built Villas) with a big Red Cross on it.
We were trained to do this but Kissinger/Nixon would not allow us to do what we were trained to do, all the while Americans to the South were getting slaughtered, so I ended up dropping acid, and more.
In return they sent me to the South, and that was more of a cluster phuck then the North.
Yeah Nixson got me home alright.
Sorry for my Rant!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63387 Jan 24, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't even know what a far right conservative is do you? They would be your worst nightmare since like the far Left they are rejects and would not talk but just put you down permanently. SKin heads, Nazi movement of America. and then your bunch far-left (Bill Ayers, other terrorist). If the gov. goes so far as to let them loose we both had better be prepared to fight for our lives. The liberal and conservative from the Right and Left to the Middle can at least talk, have respect for each others opinion. The fra fringes of both do not! And Rush is not a far right individual no more than Obama is a far left nut. He sees a big government, nanny state were they take care of you for your vote. When he destroys the Repub. party, there will be only one party you will have no reason to vote just do what they say. Then who are you going to blame.
You brought up Richard Nixon in your post before this one, so let's examine, using his record, how far right the Republican Party has moved.
Nixon visited Communist China, our "enemy" and normalized relations with them.(What would you call Obama if he visited Cuba and normalized relations with them ?)
Nixon, in answer to the environmental movement, CREATED the EPA. Now the Republican party will not even admit that golbal warming might exist.(What would you say if Obama created a Global Warming Agency ?
Nixon, in answer to rampant inflationary pressures, froze all wages and prices in the country.(What would you say if Obama froze oh .....say....gas prices ?)
Nixon, in answer to widespread lack of health insurance among poor Americans, proposed a GOVERNMENT HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM.(We all know what the right did to Obama over the ACA)

I doubt you want me to go on, but Obama is OBVIOUSLY not to the left of Nixon.
The entire Republican Party has moved ever rightward until the current party platform would make Goldwater look moderate. Nixon was the last real Republican to take the oath of office. Every one since has become more radical, culminating in that debacle of a primary held for 2012. I looked at that stage of candidates, and with the exception of ONE, you could have shaken a nut tree and got a better group.
I know the radical far right when I see it and buddy, the Republicans not only espouse it, they revel in their adoration of it.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63388 Jan 24, 2013
I don't believe either party.I believe this country is run by big business whose attorneys write up what legislation suits and benifits them and passes it on to Congress to pass it into law giving Big money what they want.
I don't even know what to beleve anymore about much of anything of what is said.
WMDs?It looks more to me it was a windfall for Haliburton and Big Oil etc.
And the Patriot Act, airport radiation, and molestation etc etc.
Didn't the Brits yell loud and clear that there was massive chatter?
AlQaeda???Really??? Our friends or enemies???
Pentagon says women ok in front line??? Draft???For what???WMDs???AlQaeda???NDAA?? ?MOre spying on us???
That's why I put that up awhile ago about Gaddafi. Was it true what we heard???
I do not want my grandaughters getting killed for some bogus war for the pockets and power of a few at the top.
AND I do not know anymore what is true.One cannot make good decisions based on lies.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63389 Jan 24, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need to read no stinking history books about what was going on over there.......I was there.
I was there when Kissinger/Nixon told us not to bomb Haiphong a deep water port that was filled with nothing but Russian supply ships.
Kissinger/Nixon also told us not to bomb power plants, C.O's, water plants, Command and Control Centers(French built Villas) with a big Red Cross on it.
We were trained to do this but Kissinger/Nixon would not allow us to do what we were trained to do, all the while Americans to the South were getting slaughtered, so I ended up dropping acid, and more.
In return they sent me to the South, and that was more of a cluster phuck then the North.
Yeah Nixson got me home alright.
Sorry for my Rant!
first thank you for your service to our country.
When he first got in,, yes the policies that were in place were followed. Bombing Russian ships would have placed us in a war with Russia, one that would have resulted in Nuclear exchange. The problem was not that we could win but the people of the south did not care , did not want freedom, really did not know what it was so they supported the north whenever possible. Yes, only 1500-2500 soldiers died under Nixon which leaves about 47,000 soles that did die under democratic hand. They tried to micro-manage the war (the way they do now vs WWI & WWII). By the bombing of Hanoi, peace talks were arranged and at least we got out of there before another 50,000 died. To us the soldier, the taking of one place and giving it back was deadly and made no sense. The area you spoke of, made no sense either. Again thank you for you service>
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63390 Jan 24, 2013
I think they all need thrown out.They make out like bandits on insider trading on coverups and what ever friggen suits their advantages. And I feel the Nation and it's People are getting the shaft.And I don't want anyones life on the line for another lie.And Obamas no better than Bush.
And I get annoyed to see this back and forth round and round over whose fool is better then whose other fool.
So There.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63391 Jan 24, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You brought up Richard Nixon in your post before this one, so let's examine, using his record, how far right the Republican Party has moved.
Nixon visited Communist China, our "enemy" and normalized relations with them.(What would you call Obama if he visited Cuba and normalized relations with them ?)
Nixon, in answer to the environmental movement, CREATED the EPA. Now the Republican party will not even admit that golbal warming might exist.(What would you say if Obama created a Global Warming Agency ?
Nixon, in answer to rampant inflationary pressures, froze all wages and prices in the country.(What would you say if Obama froze oh .....say....gas prices ?)
Nixon, in answer to widespread lack of health insurance among poor Americans, proposed a GOVERNMENT HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM.(We all know what the right did to Obama over the ACA)
The entire Republican Party has moved ever rightward until the current party platform would make Goldwater look moderate. Nixon was the last real Republican to take the oath of office. Every one since has become more radical, culminating in that debacle of a primary held for 2012. I looked at that stage of candidates, and with the exception of ONE, you could have shaken a nut tree and got a better group.
I know the radical far right when I see it and buddy, the Republicans not only espouse it, they revel in their adoration of it.
OK, here we go. Communist China have never been our enemy. Other than Vietnam where they helped the Viet-Cong (north), we have never done battle with them. Much like Russia is not our enemy. Their philosophy is the enemy to Democracy and Freedom. Cuban relations are really dictated by the people of southern Florida. These people fled the country and in doing so, left friends and relatives there in a totalitarian government. Obama would need to get the OK from them not me. We need to have relations with each country in order to influence, promote democracy/freedom there,
Next--EPA was not created for global warming. It was created to deal with companies that run amuck dumping chemicals,etc. Also the Coal fired plants of the TVA were producing Acid-rain on the Eastern Seaboard. They now have scrubbers that only produce good things,(I hope). EPA has been expanded under several Presidents to do what they felt was right. Much like we are having a difference of opinion here. Global Warming is a Scam for people like AL Gore to make more money and evidently sell the American people down the road to Algazera.

I see no indication that the Rep have moved to the right. Back when I was a kid, the democrats were as conservative as the republicans are now. In some of them like Strom Thurman, Bird of Virginia were so far right, one of them was in the KKK. It has been society that has been moving to the left. That would be another post which I will gladly debate with you.

Again Far right and Far Left are nut cases like Bill Ayers, KKK, Neo-Nazi -Skin head groups.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63392 Jan 24, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You brought up Richard Nixon in your post before this one, so let's examine, using his record, how far right the Republican Party has moved.
I dislike Nixson for the reasons you cite - and don't forget, after taking the United States off the gold standard, he said "I am now a Keynesian in economics". What an idiot.

The Heritage Foundation was founded in response to the poor direction Nixson was heading. I feel the same about Democrat leaders as you do about Pubs OT. The Dems are so far left that they have absolutely nothing in common with me.

Now...Reagan was conservative - and won two landslides, even having the term 'Reagan Democrat' sprout up. After him, the pubs sent of H.W. Bush - middle of the road, spineless and a 1 termer. Then Dole - middle of the road, spineless, and soundly defeated. Then W. Bush - right of center of course but no where near Reagan - barely won in 2000...and barely won in 2004. Then Romeny - no need to repeat that now.

Seems to be that the more pubs are conservative - they win landslide presidential elections.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63393 Jan 24, 2013
Hey wrote:
I think they all need thrown out.They make out like bandits on insider trading on coverups and what ever friggen suits their advantages. And I feel the Nation and it's People are getting the shaft.And I don't want anyones life on the line for another lie.And Obamas no better than Bush.
And I get annoyed to see this back and forth round and round over whose fool is better then whose other fool.
So There.
I agree with you to a point. Only History will determine the demeanor of Presidents past. Obama is still writing his. Today kids and Dem/libs want to look at the past and compare one president to the other.Only when you take all of the global, national, local repercussions of each one can you separate them. Yeah, one said this and the other said this. I know you cannot resist. Go ahead, someday you will wake up and learn.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63394 Jan 24, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, here we go. Communist China have never been our enemy. Other than Vietnam where they helped the Viet-Cong (north), we have never done battle with them. Much like Russia is not our enemy. Their philosophy is the enemy to Democracy and Freedom. Cuban relations are really dictated by the people of southern Florida. These people fled the country and in doing so, left friends and relatives there in a totalitarian government. Obama would need to get the OK from them not me. We need to have relations with each country in order to influence, promote democracy/freedom there,
Next--EPA was not created for global warming. It was created to deal with companies that run amuck dumping chemicals,etc. Also the Coal fired plants of the TVA were producing Acid-rain on the Eastern Seaboard. They now have scrubbers that only produce good things,(I hope). EPA has been expanded under several Presidents to do what they felt was right. Much like we are having a difference of opinion here. Global Warming is a Scam for people like AL Gore to make more money and evidently sell the American people down the road to Algazera.
I see no indication that the Rep have moved to the right. Back when I was a kid, the democrats were as conservative as the republicans are now. In some of them like Strom Thurman, Bird of Virginia were so far right, one of them was in the KKK. It has been society that has been moving to the left. That would be another post which I will gladly debate with you.
Again Far right and Far Left are nut cases like Bill Ayers, KKK, Neo-Nazi -Skin head groups.
China fought us in Korea.

And China did more that just 'help' N Vietnam with food and medicine too. I saw a great many very tall, very well equipped (and very well dead)'Viet Cong'
Abdul

Ireland

#63395 Jan 24, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
...Prince Harry and Prince William...
No one cares about the two sissy boys and their photo ops.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63396 Jan 24, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you to a point. Only History will determine the demeanor of Presidents past. Obama is still writing his. Today kids and Dem/libs want to look at the past and compare one president to the other.Only when you take all of the global, national, local repercussions of each one can you separate them. Yeah, one said this and the other said this. I know you cannot resist. Go ahead, someday you will wake up and learn.
Taking all the global,national,and local repercussions it looks like Big business runs the show.
The worlds f--ked and Goldman Sachs is rollin in cash while they helped create the mess.These are the results I see.
DC will not go after the Big Crooks and the world is being destroyed because of it.
Obamas still writing.God help us I think he's wrote enough.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63397 Jan 24, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>

Now...Reagan was conservative - and won two landslides, even having the term 'Reagan Democrat' sprout up. After him, the pubs sent of H.W. Bush - middle of the road, spineless and a 1 termer. Then Dole - middle of the road, spineless, and soundly defeated. Then W. Bush - right of center of course but no where near Reagan - barely won in 2000...and barely won in 2004. Then Romeny - no need to repeat that now.
Seems to be that the more pubs are conservative - they win landslide presidential elections.
Interesting take on the Reagan races "Nuh".
1980 popular vote percentage
Reagan 50.75%
2008 popular vote percentage
Obama 52.87%
2012 popular vote percentage
Obama 51.02%
If that was a Reagan landslide.....what was Obama's ? Is there a word greater than "landslide" ? Obama MUST have had TWO of those then...right ?

Reagan did have a landslide election in 1984 when he got 58.77% of the popular vote.. a WHOPPING 5.9% and 7.72% respectfully, above the Obama total. Chuckles !
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63398 Jan 24, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, here we go. Communist China have never been our enemy. Other than Vietnam where they helped the Viet-Cong (north), we have never done battle with them. Much like Russia is not our enemy. Their philosophy is the enemy to Democracy and Freedom.
With that statement.....you leave me speechless ....congratulations, that doesn't happen often !!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63399 Jan 24, 2013
It's Official: Worst. Recovery. EVER

If there was any debate whether the Fed's policies have helped the economy or just the market (and specifically the Bernanke-targeted Russell 2000), the following two charts will end any and all debate. As the following chart from the St Louis Fed shows, as of the just completed quarter, US GDP "growth" since the "recovery" is now the worst in US history, having just dipped below the heretofore lowest on record.

So...after all of the bailouts; $787 BILLION "stimulus"; and all the other Big-government Keynesian moves - we're not much better off now than when we started.

See the charts here:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-24/its-...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63400 Jan 24, 2013
Nuh wrote:
It's Official: Worst. Recovery. EVER
If there was any debate whether the Fed's policies have helped the economy or just the market (and specifically the Bernanke-targeted Russell 2000), the following two charts will end any and all debate. As the following chart from the St Louis Fed shows, as of the just completed quarter, US GDP "growth" since the "recovery" is now the worst in US history, having just dipped below the heretofore lowest on record.
So...after all of the bailouts; $787 BILLION "stimulus"; and all the other Big-government Keynesian moves - we're not much better off now than when we started.
See the charts here:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-24/its-...
What's 800 billion compared to the trillions upon trillions we spent preparing for war with the USSR and Communist China over half a century, when we have just been advised that neither were REALLY our enemies after all "Nuh" ?

How wasteful our elected representatives have been with the nation's treasure. Reagan ran up record deficits in an effort to out build the Soviet military and it was all for naught....and we still owe the money he borrowed doing it !
CHUCKLES !!!(satire in case anyone doesn't recognize it !!)
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63401 Jan 24, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What's 800 billion compared to the trillions upon trillions we spent preparing for war with the USSR and Communist China over half a century, when we have just been advised that neither were REALLY our enemies after all "Nuh" ?
How wasteful our elected representatives have been with the nation's treasure. Reagan ran up record deficits in an effort to out build the Soviet military and it was all for naught....and we still owe the money he borrowed doing it !
LOL
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63402 Jan 24, 2013
Huh. Pistol packin’ Diane Feinstein is fixin to limit your rights to have a gun.

Meanwhile, in THE DALLES, OR a 5-year-old boy is safe, but his parents suffered a fractured skull and a broken cheekbone in an attack and kidnapping at a home in The Dalles on Wednesday, police said.

State police said Brian Depriest went into the child's home on Ninth Street, attacked the child's mother and father with a hammer and then took 5-year-old Skylar Melvin Coulter-Jarding.

Depriest, 36, is the mother's ex-boyfriend, police said, and she had a restraining order against him.
"I thought he was going to kill me," said Kathryn Riter, the boy's mom.

"The first thing I thought of was closing my bedroom door," she said. "He started swinging on Josh with a hammer and then he came right in and started beating me with a hammer."

Depriest left the scene of the kidnapping in a stolen, blue-green 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier, prompting police to issue an Amber Alert.

Here’s how it would have gone down at my house.

A 5-year-old boy is safe, in an attack and attempted kidnapping at a home in The Dalles on Wednesday, police said.

State police said Brian Depriest went into the child's home on Ninth Street, attacked the child's mother and father with a hammer and attempted to take 5-year-old Skylar Melvin Coulter-Jarding.

Depriest was shot several times, and expired on the scene.

Diane Feinstein can go to hell.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63403 Jan 24, 2013
The drought cannot be helped...however - pinheads in Washington mandating FOOD be utilized as a less-efficient (and higher priced when taxpayer subsidies to growers is taken into account) FUEL is asinine.

Higher Corn Prices = higher poultry prices...along with higher beef, etc.

The National Chicken Council in Washington, D.C., the increase in the cost of corn, in tandem with other factors, has resulted in fewer birds produced overall.

“Chicken companies produced about one percent fewer birds last year, due in large part to record high corn and feed prices,” Bill Roenigk, chief economist and market analyst, was quoted as saying.“Corn makes up more than two-thirds of chicken feed and corn prices hit an all-time high in 2012, due to two reasons: last summer’s drought and pressure from a federal government requirement that mandates 40 percent of our corn crop be turned into fuel in the form of ethanol.”

He added,“Simply put, less corn equals higher feed costs, which means fewer birds produced.”
lol

Jackson, TN

#63404 Jan 24, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What's 800 billion compared to the trillions upon trillions we spent preparing for war with the USSR and Communist China over half a century, when we have just been advised that neither were REALLY our enemies after all "Nuh" ?
and yet Obama has got us into the worst debt yet of any President in hstory and about to do more. Yet you don't say anything about that. Typical libtard dumbass,your libs can do no wrong,but a President years ago,cause he'e republican has done so wrong.You are the dumbest ignorant fuk ever. Obama spend more in 1 year than Reagan and both Bush's and every other President spent in history.Now what part of that do you not understand clueless waste of sperm and air?
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63405 Jan 24, 2013
This mayor is a class act!

The state of Washington has a reputation as a bastion of liberalism, but there are pockets of sanity even there. This video provides a fine example of how elected officials should (and should not) conduct themselves.

The city of Oak Harbor in Washington State recently held a city council meeting. During that meeting, an Afghanistan veteran, Lucas Yonkman, approached the podium to deliver some thoughts to the council about adhering to the 2A.....

http://asp.militarygear.com/2013/01/22/oak-ha...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does Christmas mean to you? 7 min csmaven 8
On the 1st day of Christmas 57 min From Jenny xoxo 27
Principal at Mosheim 1 hr oh lawd 78
robert blanchard (Apr '14) 1 hr whothehellcares 18
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Steve 5,627
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 1 hr southern jock 272
dean tweed (suicide) 1 hr whothehellcares 6
Is Greene County inbred? 5 hr Mary Kresmus 37
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... Wed From Jenny xoxo 154
Greeneville Dating