Lewisburg

New York, NY

#63167 Jan 21, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I am from PA and lived in a small town with mama bear and twin baby bears in my yard along with some of their cousins eating out of a Walmart
dumpster.A few more relatives being chasted up the road by a dude on a 4 wheeler.
Packs of wolves your damn right.A herd of deer eating off the apple tree in my yard.
And lots of eagles after rabbits.
Why did you ever move?
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63168 Jan 21, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I am from PA and lived in a small town with mama bear and twin baby bears in my yard along with some of their cousins eating out of a Walmart
dumpster.A few more relatives being chasted up the road by a dude on a 4 wheeler.
Packs of wolves your damn right.A herd of deer eating off the apple tree in my yard.
And lots of eagles after rabbits.
Talked to my friend in PA.There is a large breed of coyotes she said were causing problems and talk of reintroducing wolves into the National Forests.
So there are oversized coyotes but no wolves.Big Bears yes.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63169 Jan 21, 2013
Lewisburg wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you ever move?
Moving was a Big Mistake.As soon as my house sells I'm heading back.
Lewisburg

Ashburn, VA

#63170 Jan 21, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving was a Big Mistake.As soon as my house sells I'm heading back.
I Love Pennsylvania in fact I was just up to Mifflinburg not too long ago..
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63174 Jan 21, 2013
I was from Western Pa between Pitts. and Erie.I found Pa people very friendly.I moved there from Snobsville Ohio.
Pop

Elizabethton, TN

#63175 Jan 21, 2013
Torrent wrote:
<quoted text>And the president controls gas prices now ?? The hypocrisy of the Conservatives never fails to amaze me and the hypocrisy of blaming President Obama for rising gas prices is no exception!
Gas price under bush went to $4.21 a gallon and was over $3.00 a gallon most of his last term in office.
The only reason gas was at $1.85 when President Obama took office is because of the economic crash which greatly reduced demand and the crash effected all countries not just the US.
Gas prices rise with demand and as the economy has improved it is completely normal for gas prices to increase as more businesses use fuel for deliveries, more trucks on the road, more people traveling, and more people driving to work.
So our rising gas price is actually an indicator that the economy is recovering.
We also see a spike when the Libya UN action happened and now with Iran and Israel in a standoff an Syria effecting the region we are seeing another spike as speculators are betting on a war.
Anyone that tries to blame president Obama for higher gas prices is a fool and drilling more oil would not lower the price because we do not have a shortage and oil drilling has quadrupled in the last 4 years and the US is now a net exporter of oil.
So ignore the talking heads and fear monger Conservatives and complain all you want about higher gas prices but don't blame President Obama!
I'm a conservative, but I agree with you on this one point. President Obama nor any other president has anything to do with gas prices. Gas prices are determined by supply and demand and somewhat by speculation on the commodities market. For example, when Iran threatened to block the Suez canal, gas prices spiked. That is what speculation does. I also agree with you that more drilling won't do a thing to gas prices. Our supply of oil is not the problem. What is the problem are the limited number of refineries that convert oil to gas. The U.S. has very few of these and what we do have are antiquated. The government could do more to initiate more investment in refineries, however, President Obama is not alone with this neglect. Many republican presidents have ignored this as well. Another reason gas prices are high are due to the EPA. Refineries have to manufacture numerous different formulas of gasoline to meet state EPA regulations. If they only had to manufacture one formula, gas prices would be a lot cheaper. If we had more refineries, the cost to transport gasoline via pipeline across the country would be a lot cheaper. I do blame our President for condemning the Canadian pipeline project. However, more oil in this country does nothing without more refineries. I find many faults with our president, but gasoline is not one of them.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#63176 Jan 21, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Drama Queen.
Don't be surprised what this bastard can do. He got obamacare thru when everyone said it was impossible. Bought off polititions with our tax money.

Liberals have wanted our guns since forever and everyone knows what political party supports the left.

Democrats!!!
Silvermaven

United States

#63177 Jan 21, 2013
Well one thing is fer sure--

TN will be last on the list of getting people real treatment...

You dumb clucks elected one of the Zionista's who ruled the Medical Mafia for over 35yrs. so we could hear what really causes all the SINdromes/Psych/Cancers from all the other countries...

Ya'll have fun now ya hear!
&fe ature=share
Texas Bound

Elizabethton, TN

#63178 Jan 21, 2013
Lewisburg wrote:
<quoted text>I Love Pennsylvania in fact I was just up to Mifflinburg not too long ago..
I am from Lancaster and moved here 20 years ago due to my job. People in Lancaster, even the ones that weren't exactly wealthy, were hard working, loyal, honest and personable. These days, around here, it is very hard to find anyone part of the younger generation that isn't looking to get drunk, get high, get paid for doing as little as possible, etc. This area was not always like this, but it has gotten a lot worse. My company always has open hourly positions available because we simply cannot find anyone that we can hire. We do background checks and drug tests, and most fail at least one of these checks. It is very sad. I will be transferring to Texas in 6 months and honestly, I cannot wait.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63179 Jan 21, 2013
Torrent wrote:
<quoted text>Still better than putting our troops in harms way......don't you think ? I'll take drones any day over boots on the ground unless absolutely necessary.
You got that right......less than 150 years ago they were lining up men in this area to go up against canon's. Hell battlefield's have changed since then......I agree send in the drones first.
They are so much cheaper than American blood. Oh yeah I forgot we still have other Americans that are invested in old military technology.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63180 Jan 21, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
What happened at the REAL inauguration:
America, you have been sentenced to an additional 1461 days of Obama.
If everything goes as planned, unemployment, which is presently 7.8% will rise to 10%, and then shortly before the 2016 election will go back down to 7.8%, which will officially become the new “full employment” figure.
The number of people who have left the workforce entirely, which stands now at 8M, will rise to 16M, and they will be given “minority” status. Companies will be fined for not employing them, and the government will offer all types of incentives.
The number of people on disability, which has ballooned during the first term, will continue to balloon due to an easing of eligibility requirements.
The number of people on food stamps, which rose to nearly 42 million, will rise another 42 million. Obama will issue an executive order forcing restaurants to provide free meals to food stamp recipients – tips included.
The prices of gas, currently around $3.25, will rise to $6.50 per gallon. Obama will order all vehicles over the age of 20 years to be crushed.
Obama will further invest in alternative energy, until they can get it right. As of this juncture, according to the CBO - http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43576 estimates that federal policies to promote the manufacture and purchase of electric vehicles, some of which also support other types of fuel-efficient vehicles, will have a total budgetary cost of about $7.5 billion through 2019, despite the fact that the public has rejected these vehicles. Obama will issue an executive order forcing people to purchase these vehicles, if they are made in the US.
Taxes will increase for all Americans.
Obama, late in his last term will issue an order to confiscate all firearms.
Finally, shortly before the 2016 election, he will declare martial law, suspend the constitution and bill of rights, and declare himself Ruler for Life.
The press will support this measure.
I know it is sarcasm but you don't know how close you are to the future events. Lets see if I can help:

Unemployment --- Pretty Close. My Prediction is: 8.5 and stays there after May of this year. It will go down a litte before the elections in 2014 and 2016.

Not sure about the companies be fined but your right , the gov will all sorts of incentives for hiring. Obama care will prevent most from re-hiring.

Food stamps will continue to go up caused by the unemployment. Obama just might sign an executive order allowing restaurants to accept the EBT cards already in circulation.

The price of gas will go up but not by that much. Even in the event of a war in the middle east, the higher prices will be no higher than 5.50.mostly 4.5+

Rem this is an independent section of the gov.(CBO) That is why the prices of gas need to be maintained. If Gas is that high then there is a reason to invest in electric cars and such. When it goes down, they (alternative energy) cannot compete.

Requiring us to buy a auto now is more likely since Obama care was upheld by the Courts. All he has to do is increase the federal tax in a 100 different ways if your car was 20 year or older when you register it.

The last two, I do not see. However, the press (nbc,msnbc, cnn, cbs, other mainstream) would indeed support it.

Either of the last two, confiscation of firearms, declare an unnecessary martial law (not all the country will be in emergency conditions unless we are at war and they are at our backdoor. In that case the bill of rights will be the last thing I will worry about.

Finally, a confiscation of firearms, by any order will result in a insurrection on a national scale. Yes, like Germany 1939-40, the dem/lib will spy on their neighbors and let any gov officials know about any wrong doing and like the newspaper will holler from the top of their lungs,'so-and-so' has a gun, I saw it.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63181 Jan 21, 2013
A little fun
WHO SAID IT?
Multiple Choice Quiz
DON'T FALL OUT OF YOUR CHAIR LAUGHING!!!
This is a fun quiz. Listed below are 10 direct quotes. You have to guess which American politician said it.
Your four choices are:
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
Former VP Dan Quayle
President Barack Obama
Former President George W. Bush
Ready? Here we go!
1) "Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel 's."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
2) "I've now been in 57 states I think one left to go."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
3) "On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes, and I see many of them in the audience here today."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
4) "What they'll say is,'Well it costs too much money,' but you know what? It would cost, about. It it it would cost about the same as what we would spend. It. Over the course of 10 years it would cost what it would costs us.(nervous laugh) All right. Okay. We're going to. It. It would cost us about the same as it would cost for about hold on one second. I can't hear myself. But I'm glad you're fired up, though. I'm glad."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
5) "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
6) "I bowled a 129. It's like - it was like the Special Olympics, or something."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
7) "Of the many responsibilities granted to a president by our Constitution, few are more serious or more consequential than selecting a Supreme Court justice. The members of our highest court are granted life tenure, often serving long after the presidents who appointed them. And they are charged with the vital task of applying principles put to paper more than 20 centuries ago to some of the most difficult questions of our time."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
8) "Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma, they end up taking up a hospital bed, it costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early and they got some treatment, and a, a breathalyzer, or inhalator, not a breathalyzer. I haven't had much sleep in the last 48 hours."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
9) "It was interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
10) "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
Sorry. This was a trick quiz. All of the correct answers are the same person. Each of these quotes are directly from President Barack Obama. And now you know why he brings his teleprompter with him everywhere he goes... even when talking to a 6th grade class.
And some members of the media continue to insist he is "the smartest man ever elected to the Presidency".
Big John

Yaroslavl, Russia

#63182 Jan 21, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it is sarcasm but you don't know how close you are to the future events. Lets see if I can help:
Unemployment --- Pretty Close. My Prediction is: 8.5 and stays there after May of this year. It will go down a litte before the elections in 2014 and 2016.
Not sure about the companies be fined but your right , the gov will all sorts of incentives for hiring. Obama care will prevent most from re-hiring.
Food stamps will continue to go up caused by the unemployment. Obama just might sign an executive order allowing restaurants to accept the EBT cards already in circulation.
The price of gas will go up but not by that much. Even in the event of a war in the middle east, the higher prices will be no higher than 5.50.mostly 4.5+
Rem this is an independent section of the gov.(CBO) That is why the prices of gas need to be maintained. If Gas is that high then there is a reason to invest in electric cars and such. When it goes down, they (alternative energy) cannot compete.
Requiring us to buy a auto now is more likely since Obama care was upheld by the Courts. All he has to do is increase the federal tax in a 100 different ways if your car was 20 year or older when you register it.
The last two, I do not see. However, the press (nbc,msnbc, cnn, cbs, other mainstream) would indeed support it.
Either of the last two, confiscation of firearms, declare an unnecessary martial law (not all the country will be in emergency conditions unless we are at war and they are at our backdoor. In that case the bill of rights will be the last thing I will worry about.
Finally, a confiscation of firearms, by any order will result in a insurrection on a national scale. Yes, like Germany 1939-40, the dem/lib will spy on their neighbors and let any gov officials know about any wrong doing and like the newspaper will holler from the top of their lungs,'so-and-so' has a gun, I saw it.
You are full of bullcrap.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63183 Jan 21, 2013
Big John wrote:
<quoted text>You are full of bullcrap.
I can see you have a large vocabulary!
Tri Cities Inc

Elizabethton, TN

#63184 Jan 21, 2013
Honestly wrote:
A little fun
WHO SAID IT?

Sorry. This was a trick quiz. All of the correct answers are the same person. Each of these quotes are directly from President Barack Obama. And now you know why he brings his teleprompter with him everywhere he goes... even when talking to a 6th grade class.
And some members of the media continue to insist he is "the smartest man ever elected to the Presidency".
The absolute dumbest quote ever by a President was when President Obama made a statement to business owners saying "You Didn't Build That." Naturally, what he was trying to say was business owners needed to pay a lot more in taxes because he felt business owners didn't grow their business without the government's help.

I was absolutely stunned by that statement knowing that my business was started from funds that I saved and that I had already paid taxes on. Knowing that it was me who worked 70 hours a week for two years without getting any paycheck during the formative years. Knowing that my business has never been taxed at less than 50% of sales since its inception, i.e. 1968. Admittingly, that includes state and local taxes. Knowing that if my business were to fail, it would be my investment that would be lost, not the government's. Knowing that only if my business is successful does the government care about my business. If it is not profitable, the government could care less how it is run and doesn't claim to have helped me build it. Knowing that I have approx. 100 employees and pay their benefits, help fund their social security, fund unemployment, provide vacation, sick leave, life insurance, etc to the point this adds another 25% to the total cost of wages without any government help. Knowing that I am a business owner who still works 70 hours a week in my business, doesn't invest anything overseas, doesn't take a huge salary, donates 10% of profits to local charities and doesn't take liberties in bookkeeping. Knowing that without my business, tax revenue would take an immediate hit to close to $1 million and 100 people would be without a job and benefits.

I have also seen other posters on this thread refer to corporations and businesses as basically "demons." I would just like to take this opportunity to inform those who think negatively about corporations and businesses that not all businesses are like AIG, GE, GM, Goldman Sachs, etc. In fact, most are not. Every community has to have some form of solid and stable economic structure in place for it to be a community. Local businesses are a large part of that financial structure that keeps the community's engine going. And trust me, these days, it is no easy task. If the government wants more than 50% plus of my sales, then that is less for the community and the employees.

Bash me all you want, but what do you think would become of Kingsport if Eastman weren't there????
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63186 Jan 21, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Drama Queen.
Just call me Orwell.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63187 Jan 21, 2013
Tri Cities Inc wrote:
<quoted text>
The absolute dumbest quote ever by a President was when President Obama made a statement to business owners saying "You Didn't Build That." Naturally, what he was trying to say was business owners needed to pay a lot more in taxes because he felt business owners didn't grow their business without the government's help.
I was absolutely stunned by that statement knowing that my business was started from funds that I saved and that I had already paid taxes on. Knowing that it was me who worked 70 hours a week for two years without getting any paycheck during the formative years. Knowing that my business has never been taxed at less than 50% of sales since its inception, i.e. 1968. Admittingly, that includes state and local taxes. Knowing that if my business were to fail, it would be my investment that would be lost, not the government's. Knowing that only if my business is successful does the government care about my business. If it is not profitable, the government could care less how it is run and doesn't claim to have helped me build it. Knowing that I have approx. 100 employees and pay their benefits, help fund their social security, fund unemployment, provide vacation, sick leave, life insurance, etc to the point this adds another 25% to the total cost of wages without any government help. Knowing that I am a business owner who still works 70 hours a week in my business, doesn't invest anything overseas, doesn't take a huge salary, donates 10% of profits to local charities and doesn't take liberties in bookkeeping. Knowing that without my business, tax revenue would take an immediate hit to close to $1 million and 100 people would be without a job and benefits.
I have also seen other posters on this thread refer to corporations and businesses as basically "demons." I would just like to take this opportunity to inform those who think negatively about corporations and businesses that not all businesses are like AIG, GE, GM, Goldman Sachs, etc. In fact, most are not. Every community has to have some form of solid and stable economic structure in place for it to be a community. Local businesses are a large part of that financial structure that keeps the community's engine going. And trust me, these days, it is no easy task. If the government wants more than 50% plus of my sales, then that is less for the community and the employees.
Bash me all you want, but what do you think would become of Kingsport if Eastman weren't there????
My hats is off to you for all your hard work. Unfortunately the gov does not feel the same and neither do the dem/libs
Louis

Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine

#63188 Jan 21, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
My hats is off to you for all your hard work. Unfortunately the gov does not feel the same and neither do the dem/libs
So?
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63189 Jan 21, 2013
Tri Cities Inc wrote:
<quoted text>
I was absolutely stunned by that statement
The government is great. We should all work for the government. We all need to be governed. They know better than us. They are smarter than us. The government will tell us how much sleep we need. They will tell us what we need to eat every day. They will tell us how to properly brush our teeth to maintain proper dental health. Heck they'll even tell us the proper way to sneeze.

They will tell us how to dress properly. They'll require the proper shoes for our jobs. Since they own car companies, they will tell us which cars we should buy, and they will be able to control the speed that we drive, and make our turns for us. This will be for the children, of course, since children get hurt in car accidents.

The government knows the best way to heat and cool our homes, and the best size of homes for our families. These homes will be provided free of charge, of course.

Since the government will run every aspect of our lives, our careers will be determined at conception, after a DNA test. Those who have the proper DNA, will be guided to the proper education for the predetermined job. Those fetuses that have genetic issues will be aborted immediately, and upon the second abortion, the parents will be sterilized to prevent further spread of imperfect genes.

If a person develops a debilitating condition, they will be euthanized, and their children will be sterilized. People who become addicted to drugs will be incarcerated in colonies on deserted islands, where supplies will be dropped to them occasionally.

People with super intelligence will become members of the "intelligentsia" class, and will be given special privileges. They will also be the people tapped for high government positions.

Yeah, maybe I am a drama queen. But how many of the things mentioned here are real?

It's for the common good, right?
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63190 Jan 21, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is great. We should all work for the government. We all need to be governed. They know better than us. They are smarter than us. The government will tell us how much sleep we need. They will tell us what we need to eat every day. They will tell us how to properly brush our teeth to maintain proper dental health. Heck they'll even tell us the proper way to sneeze.
They will tell us how to dress properly. They'll require the proper shoes for our jobs. Since they own car companies, they will tell us which cars we should buy, and they will be able to control the speed that we drive, and make our turns for us. This will be for the children, of course, since children get hurt in car accidents.
The government knows the best way to heat and cool our homes, and the best size of homes for our families. These homes will be provided free of charge, of course.
Since the government will run every aspect of our lives, our careers will be determined at conception, after a DNA test. Those who have the proper DNA, will be guided to the proper education for the predetermined job. Those fetuses that have genetic issues will be aborted immediately, and upon the second abortion, the parents will be sterilized to prevent further spread of imperfect genes.
If a person develops a debilitating condition, they will be euthanized, and their children will be sterilized. People who become addicted to drugs will be incarcerated in colonies on deserted islands, where supplies will be dropped to them occasionally.
People with super intelligence will become members of the "intelligentsia" class, and will be given special privileges. They will also be the people tapped for high government positions.
Yeah, maybe I am a drama queen. But how many of the things mentioned here are real?
It's for the common good, right?
Already happened in Russia, China, etc. But one thing they don't have is citizens that have guns. We cannot have a socialist nation if our citizen have guns. We are coming to get them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***** last post wins ***** 6 min Trunketeer 262
David Thompson's girl 16 min funny 6
What do you think about one night stands 34 min Dixie iron fist 16
white men are gross! (Aug '10) 41 min Release 95
Charles Manson to marry.... 44 min Release 15
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Its me 5,008
Tragedy 2 hr Crusader Justice 3
Why I get on topix 3 hr Trunketeer 58
wreck 16 hr friendofdog 27
Greeneville Dating