Comments
57,301 - 57,320 of 146,338 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
tpxer

Johnson City, TN

#62992 Jan 20, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you didn't call anyone a "Teapublican" or blame Fox News for the ills of the country on at least one post. That is an improvement.
To Ed, Malcolm, Mike, or whoever you are....
Fox News is not the main CAUSE of the ills of the country, but it is a contributing factor. It is more accurate to say that Fox News is a symptom of what is wrong with our country.
First, some of the TP and Faux News objectives are worthy and well-meaning but the network itself was high-jacked and became a mouth-piece for "defeat Obama at any cost" crowd made up of Cantor, Boehner, Demint, and countless others. Second, along with the leadership of the Republican Party, Fox News became an enabler and gave its tacit approval to liars and birthers and racists and, therefore, has lowered the level of public discourse!

The end does NOT justify the means!

As I have said, you could not end up on the right side of a moral issue if you were in a water slide headed straight for it.
Bobbie

United States

#62993 Jan 20, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>I have no doubt that YOURS is fictional, but mine is as real as they come. What I post is exactly what I think and believe and it wouldn't be any different if you were talking to me face to face. And neither would my Personality! I've never been and don't know how to be a phony, don't want to learn, either!
Because you think or believe something doesn't make it fact. It makes you ignorant for assuming that you are always right in what you think. Females like you are why men look down on you as nothing more than someone to cook and clean. The ones like you are good for nothing much more. Shut up and get in the kitchen and rattle them pots and pans woman! Leave important matters to the men.
Pete

Elizabethton, TN

#62994 Jan 20, 2013
tpxer wrote:
<quoted text>
To Ed, Malcolm, Mike, or whoever you are....
Fox News is not the main CAUSE of the ills of the country, but it is a contributing factor. It is more accurate to say that Fox News is a symptom of what is wrong with our country.
First, some of the TP and Faux News objectives are worthy and well-meaning but the network itself was high-jacked and became a mouth-piece for "defeat Obama at any cost" crowd made up of Cantor, Boehner, Demint, and countless others. Second, along with the leadership of the Republican Party, Fox News became an enabler and gave its tacit approval to liars and birthers and racists and, therefore, has lowered the level of public discourse!
The end does NOT justify the means!
As I have said, you could not end up on the right side of a moral issue if you were in a water slide headed straight for it.
So who exactly was it that gave you the authority to determine what is moral and what isn't? You think because you agree with something it is moral and whatever you don't agree with is immoral? That is a pretty childish way of thinking.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#62995 Jan 20, 2013
You are absolutely correct.

How can People blame Video games for having a heavy influence on what the Shooter did in Connecticut and turn right around and say that Fox Fake News putting out false information, has no influence on the People that watch and believe it?
And...if the Viewers didn't thoroughly believe every word of it, why would most of them watch it and ONLY it?

They become addicted to that propaganda, or brainwashed, and they don't even seem to realize that it's happened to them.

I think it's the MAJOR cause of most of the senseless paranoia that so many People seem to have in this Country, and it has NEVER been so widespead before in this Nation, even in our most troubled times! A combination of drug-use and Fox Fake News is literally destroying our Nation and our Society, because of the paranoia they both create and feed!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#62996 Jan 20, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
So who exactly was it that gave you the authority to determine what is moral and what isn't? You think because you agree with something it is moral and whatever you don't agree with is immoral? That is a pretty childish way of thinking.
Why do you always twist everything a Poster post, instead of just responding to what they ACTUALLY post? Does your Mind really work that way or is it a Ploy you use to try and put the Poster on the defensive?
Whichever it is, it just makes you look like you cannot comprehend ANYTHING you read, correctly!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#62997 Jan 20, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Was it the unappreciative guns or the unappreciative gun owners that are responsible for this ???
There is a tee shirt slogan somewhere in this...."Gun
Appreciation Day, I came I saw....I got shot !"
"Gun Appreciation Day ...Been There, Done That, here's the bloody shirt !"
"Gun Appreciation Day... Show em your nuts ! OOOPS I can"t" Chuckles !!
No. I heard Chaney showed up with his shotgun.

There must have been alota apreciatin goin on.
lol

Jackson, TN

#63001 Jan 20, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, Bloomberg IS the Press...the financial Press. So, I was going by what you said. If you lied, then what did you expect?
You're really a piece of work, but a typical Teapublican. YOU lie, and then accuse me of lying for responding to the Lie you told, by telling the truth!
You've obviously had lots of practice doing this "lying" thing...but you're a Teapublican, aren't you? "Nuff said, right there! I'll learn one of these days, not to belive ANYTHING, and I do mean ANYTHING that you People say about ANYTHING, no matter how simple or otherwise. If it's said by a Teapublican, no matter what it is...IT'S A LIE, PERIOD!
you are a lier,its the typical libtard way. But your a perfect example of what not to be,slut
confused

United States

#63008 Jan 20, 2013
spark wrote:
dont care for haslam
me to
confused

El Monte, CA

#63009 Jan 20, 2013
Haslam is for haslam and the good old boys.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63010 Jan 20, 2013
"Cute, Fun And LOL Moments From President Obama's First Term (Great Video!)."

Click here:
http://aattp.org/cute-fun-and-lol-moments-fro...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63012 Jan 20, 2013
What is going on in this Country with young People and Guns???
----------
"Officials: N.M. Teen Gunman Kills 5 Inside Home."

Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57564901/...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63013 Jan 20, 2013
This is why there should be a "Doofus" test to pass, before being allowed to buy a Gun!
----------
"5 Hurt In Shootings At Gun Shows In Ohio, Ind., N.C."

Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57564877/...
Goodbye

United States

#63014 Jan 20, 2013
childrens'??? guess you didn't learn possessive either!
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about all of the Childrens' stories...frankly, it was just too depressing to read them all, but I have read the captions for the Articles about them and their Parents, asking the President to impose some kind if Gun Control.
But, I did read the Article and the Posted Hand-written Letter that the one Little Boy, who was featured most prominently as the President signed the Bill. In that letter in a child-like way, but an intelligent Child-like way for his age, he asked the President , very respectfully, to please do something to take away the guns in this Country.
That is the reason those Children were in the picture with Obama...they personally asked him to do something about the Guns and it was an historical moment that they will never forget, seeing the President of the United States so something that they asked him to do.
And whether you like what Obama did or not, they liked it and very few Ordinary People get invited to the White House to watch the President sign anything...and those Children deserved to be there, after what they've been through!
And you should be ashamed for criticizing it, and I'm ashamed FOR you, whether you are or not!
Goodbye

United States

#63015 Jan 20, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
"Cute, Fun And LOL Moments From President Obama's First Term (Great Video!)."
Click here:
http://aattp.org/cute-fun-and-lol-moments-fro...
There is nothing cute or fun about Obama's first term.
Really Really Sassy

United States

#63016 Jan 20, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
This is why there should be a "Doofus" test to pass, before being allowed to buy a Gun!
----------
"5 Hurt In Shootings At Gun Shows In Ohio, Ind., N.C."

Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57564877/...
Then you would be ruled out. Lol.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63017 Jan 20, 2013
I think I've found the perfect solution for the "Gun Control" dilemma...
Make it legal to buy any kind of Gun or Ammo and Magazine that is made...BUT, make it a Law that Everybody has to pass a Psychological Exam before they can purchase any of them, and make it a Law that they have be re-tested to renew it every 5 years, or they have to get rid of their Gun(s)...and present verification to the Police, or State, of the Sale of their Gun(s) to a Licensed Gun Dealer or they have to pay a huge Fine, for Non-Compliance with the Law.

I'll bet that you Second Amendment-Types aren't going to like it, but I thought it was a pretty good idea!:)

I think you should have a Right to own all the Guns you want, of any kind, if...IF, you're NOT Mentally Ill or become Mentally Ill!
Whether or not you're Mentally Stable and Sensible, and stay that way, is my only concern!
santa clase

United States

#63018 Jan 20, 2013
so true
flbrat

Vero Beach, FL

#63019 Jan 20, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I think I've found the perfect solution for the "Gun Control" dilemma...
Make it legal to buy any kind of Gun or Ammo and Magazine that is made...BUT, make it a Law that Everybody has to pass a Psychological Exam before they can purchase any of them, and make it a Law that they have be re-tested to renew it every 5 years, or they have to get rid of their Gun(s)...and present verification to the Police, or State, of the Sale of their Gun(s) to a Licensed Gun Dealer or they have to pay a huge Fine, for Non-Compliance with the Law.
I'll bet that you Second Amendment-Types aren't going to like it, but I thought it was a pretty good idea!:)
I think you should have a Right to own all the Guns you want, of any kind, if...IF, you're NOT Mentally Ill or become Mentally Ill!
Whether or not you're Mentally Stable and Sensible, and stay that way, is my only concern!
Do you think if You sat down to take this test that All of you would pass?

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#63020 Jan 20, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no doubt that YOURS is fictional, but mine is as real as they come. What I post is exactly what I think and believe and it wouldn't be any different if you were talking to me face to face. And neither would my Personality! I've never been and don't know how to be a phony, don't want to learn, either!
This coming from the person who told me, on the phone, "I lie all the time". then added "on topix".
Really Really Sassy

United States

#63021 Jan 20, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I think I've found the perfect solution for the "Gun Control" dilemma...
Make it legal to buy any kind of Gun or Ammo and Magazine that is made...BUT, make it a Law that Everybody has to pass a Psychological Exam before they can purchase any of them, and make it a Law that they have be re-tested to renew it every 5 years, or they have to get rid of their Gun(s)...and present verification to the Police, or State, of the Sale of their Gun(s) to a Licensed Gun Dealer or they have to pay a huge Fine, for Non-Compliance with the Law.

I'll bet that you Second Amendment-Types aren't going to like it, but I thought it was a pretty good idea!:)

I think you should have a Right to own all the Guns you want, of any kind, if...IF, you're NOT Mentally Ill or become Mentally Ill!
Whether or not you're Mentally Stable and Sensible, and stay that way, is my only concern!
Oh it's a great idea. So when someone steals that fire arm do we also pass a law that requires them to contact the authorizes for a transfer of weapon? Gosh Obama Fan you are intelligent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
josh kesterson 1 hr wondering 7
ISIS would love another BUSH in office 1 hr fedup with doing ... 18
psycho moms (Nov '12) 2 hr Lover 58
10.3 Local Unemployment Obamaism 2 hr Democrappies 8
the greers of campcreek terry,steven,dusty (Jul '11) 2 hr lol 54
rosetta powell and eddie mathes (Apr '11) 3 hr Christine 12
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr Murphy 9,347
BEWARE: Tinted Windows 7 hr One million short... 30
Greeneville people rude as hell 12 hr Dr Wu 26
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••