Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#62929 Jan 19, 2013
fifty rounds wrote:
No sooner had President Barack Obama laid out his gun control proposals Wednesday, than some states responded, saying they would move to block the laws' enforcement. Some state legislators were even working feverishly to block the measures before the president proposed them. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/state-law...
If a gun control law is passed in congress, states can pass all the symbolic measures they want to, but those measures NEVER end well. Each and every time states have moved to nullify Federal Law, they have lost the fight and it has cost them dearly.
I wonder what is taught in the Public Schools regarding the Civil War, Brown vs Board, The Voting Rights Act, Segregation etc ?? Do these people who were elected to state office never study history ??? Are they this foolish ?
Goodbye

United States

#62930 Jan 19, 2013
Excellent post!
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least this time you only mentioned one of your buzz words - "Teapublicans." For once, you left out Fox News. For the record, I don't bitch about everything, just you. Also for the record, there are adults posting on here but all the adults have to weed through all your gibberish to get to the meaningful posts. Nobody really cares nor reads the links to all your favorite blogs and editorial websites. And quit complaining about long posts when you post 100's of times a week and whole page posts stating the same thing over and over. I realize it is easy to cut and paste the word "Teapublican" and "Fox News", but do you seriously think anyone pays attention to this dribble? Why don't you go talk to people face to face for a change. Might do you some good.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#62931 Jan 19, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Um...
You got a problem with my quoting the very same term, that RS used, when I demonstrated my point?
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#62932 Jan 19, 2013
This week Obama used children as a prop at his gun speech. Here’s some others who’ve used children as props:

https://www.google.com/search...

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&s...

It’s for the children……
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#62933 Jan 19, 2013
Barry Obama Is a Failure wrote:
<quoted text>
The French are in Mali, we're transporting them and giving them logistical support. It already started. MSNBC won't touch this story. Try CNN.
If you really want the un-filtered truth about what is going on in Mali, try watching Al Jazeera English.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#62934 Jan 19, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> If a gun control law is passed in congress, states can pass all the symbolic measures they want to, but those measures NEVER end well. Each and every time states have moved to nullify Federal Law, they have lost the fight and it has cost them dearly.
I wonder what is taught in the Public Schools regarding the Civil War, Brown vs Board, The Voting Rights Act, Segregation etc ?? Do these people who were elected to state office never study history ??? Are they this foolish ?
These same State Legislators will spend tax money on a issue that they will lose. But it will make them look good to their base, this same base is in need of jobs, education, quality of life ect.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#62935 Jan 19, 2013
Just before the end of the year, Politifact chose it’s “LIE OF THE YEAAAAARRRRRR”.

Lie of the Year: the Romney campaign's ad on Jeeps made in China

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...

“It was a lie told in the critical state of Ohio in the final days of a close campaign -- that Jeep was moving its U.S. production to China.

Even though Jeep's parent company gave a quick and clear denial, Mitt Romney repeated it and his campaign turned it into a TV ad.

And they stood by the claim, even as the media and the public expressed collective outrage against something so obviously false.”

PolitiFact has selected Romney's claim that Barack Obama "sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China" at the cost of American jobs as the 2012 Lie of the Year.”

This week:

Fiat sees at least 100,000 Jeeps made in China in 2014

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/01/17/uk-f...

The REAL lie of the year: Barack Obama: Jobs is job one.

Well maybe he didn't lie. He just forgot to mention that they’d be in China.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#62936 Jan 19, 2013
As a former member of the NRA, I must still be on their call list since I got two telephone calls from the organization, one last night and one this morning. The first was a pitch for a donation to block the overreach of the Obama Adm. for the use of executive orders to take away my second amendment rights. The second was to remind me of "gun appreciation day" ! WOW !! I'm impressed. Gun appreciation day ! We certainly needed one of those since my guns have NEVER before expressed their appreciation to me for buying them, taking care of them and owning them !
I got out my checkbook.....but ....then I thought if my guns were going to show their appreciation, I should just let them make a contribution instead ! Chuckles !!

Sad when an organization that once stood for hunters and sportsmen has become a tool for the lunatic fringe of the far right.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#62937 Jan 19, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>These same State Legislators will spend tax money on a issue that they will lose. But it will make them look good to their base, this same base is in need of jobs, education, quality of life ect.
Yes "Dunlapian" that is sadly true. I constantly ask myself HOW these folks get elected....then I remember my old acquaintance Ron Ramsey and his metoric rise to power in Nashville. In my opinion there is no politician in our state government less qualified in experience, temperment, or background to be a representative for an East Tennessee constituiency, but we have him.....anyway.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#62938 Jan 19, 2013
Having arrived at the Gates of Heaven,
Barrack Obama meets a man with a beard.

'Are you Mohammed?' he asks.
'No my son, I am St. Peter; Mohammed is
higher up.'

Peter then points to a ladder that rises into the
clouds.

Delighted that Mohammed should be higher than St. Peter, Obama climbs the ladder in great strides,
climbs up through the clouds and comes into a room
where he meets another bearded man.

He asks again,'Are you Mohammed?'
'Why no,' he answers,'I am Moses; Mohammed is higher still.'

Exhausted, but with a heart full of joy he climbs the ladder yet again. He discovers a larger room where he meets an angelic looking man with a beard.

Full of hope, he asks again,'Are you Mohammed?'

'No, I am Jesus, the Christ; you will find Mohammed higher up.'

Mohammed higher than Jesus! Man, oh man! Obama can hardly contain his delight and climbs and climbs ever higher.

Once again, he reaches an even larger room where he meets this truly magnificent looking man with a silver white beard and once again repeats his question:

'Are you Mohammed?' he gasps as he is by now,
totally out of breath from all his climbing.

'No, my son, I am Almighty God, the Alpha and the Omega, but you look exhausted. Would you like a cup of coffee?'

Obama says,'Yes please!'

As God looks behind him, he claps his hands and yells out:'Hey, Mohammed, two coffees!'
lol

Jackson, TN

#62940 Jan 19, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a good thing that I'm not President. If that Jerk-off had brought my Kids, or my wife, into this, like the Jerk-off did, I swear, I'd have sent some of the Black OP Guys after him!
see typical you are a duymb bitch.He was making a point about Obamas kids having armed guards and him not thinking anyone elses kids are worth having them. See dumbass libtard soo stupid you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground. But you just follow whatever the libtard media tells you. i brought the same argument myself. why dont your old ass come and do something to me,stupid slut?
lol

Jackson, TN

#62941 Jan 19, 2013
Betti wrote:
<quoted text>And of course Mitt was such a genius concerning foreign policy.
Mitt didnt get 4 Americans killed with his policy slut
lol

Jackson, TN

#62942 Jan 19, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
From Heart Attacks caused by the stress from People like you! You're as Lethal as a half a pound of bacon a day, only quicker!
well if thats the case we cant wait for you do die soon then,old bitch
lol

Jackson, TN

#62943 Jan 19, 2013
to

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#62944 Jan 19, 2013
flbrat wrote:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/ 2013/01/17/uk-fiat-marchionne- china-idUKBRE90G0O620130117
Hmmmm. Lie or no lie.
I'm not sure what you are referring to, but if it's a Post that somebody put quite awhile back, Please note that this was only announced on Tuesday of last week.

(" Chrysler, in which Fiat has a 58.5 percent stake, said on Tuesday it had agreed to make Jeeps in China with Guangzhou Automobile Group (601238.SS").

Now, I know that this had to have been in the planning, as a possibility, for some time before it was announced. Deals like this aren't made overnight. The question is, how long was it a "done deal" before it was announced?

So, if you're the one who originally posted this information and if you still have it or can remember the details that you posted, I would be interested in knowing the Source of the previous infomation and the details, for comparison purposes to this Article. Thanks, in advance, for any information you may be able to provide.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#62945 Jan 19, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
Just before the end of the year, Politifact chose it’s “LIE OF THE YEAAAAARRRRRR”.
Lie of the Year: the Romney campaign's ad on Jeeps made in China
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...
“It was a lie told in the critical state of Ohio in the final days of a close campaign -- that Jeep was moving its U.S. production to China.
Even though Jeep's parent company gave a quick and clear denial, Mitt Romney repeated it and his campaign turned it into a TV ad.
And they stood by the claim, even as the media and the public expressed collective outrage against something so obviously false.”
PolitiFact has selected Romney's claim that Barack Obama "sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China" at the cost of American jobs as the 2012 Lie of the Year.”
This week:
Fiat sees at least 100,000 Jeeps made in China in 2014
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/01/17/uk-f...
The REAL lie of the year: Barack Obama: Jobs is job one.
Well maybe he didn't lie. He just forgot to mention that they’d be in China.
If you people would just learn to read & listen to EXACTLY what is said, rather than what you THINK it means, things would not get so mixed up and confused. You relate what you THINK something means, rather than the FACTS of what is actually said, and that is a huge mistake! But, it's a tactic that deceptive People, especially Politicians, rely on and use every time they open their mouths! They know that the Average Person only "HEARS" 20% of what's said and they take full advantage of that fact.
But, you can learn to read and hear almost, if not completely 100% of what's said, and understand exactly what's written, correctly and all it takes is a little Focusing and Self-Discipline. I know because I had to learn to do it years ago, for a Job-related position that required it!

I definitely wish more of you would, at least, try! Otherwise, you will never understand what is actually going on, in this Country! And I think, that it's important that we actually know as much as we can, not just what we "think" is going on!
Really Sassy

United States

#62946 Jan 19, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>If you people would just learn to read & listen to EXACTLY what is said, rather than what you THINK it means, things would not get so mixed up and confused. You relate what you THINK something means, rather than the FACTS of what is actually said, and that is a huge mistake! But, it's a tactic that deceptive People, especially Politicians, rely on and use every time they open their mouths! They know that the Average Person only "HEARS" 20% of what's said and they take full advantage of that fact.
But, you can learn to read and hear almost, if not completely 100% of what's said, and understand exactly what's written, correctly and all it takes is a little Focusing and Self-Discipline. I know because I had to learn to do it years ago, for a Job-related position that required it!

I definitely wish more of you would, at least, try! Otherwise, you will never understand what is actually going on, in this Country! And I think, that it's important that we actually know as much as we can, not just what we "think" is going on!
You of all people to say anyone should read and stop ranting based on beliefs is absurd. Every ounce of your being, and that's a lot of ounces, thrives on ignorance, untruths, misconceptions and stereotypes. Your entire way of life has been lead by your lack of thought. You my dear, are the biggest idiot I've seen as of late.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#62947 Jan 19, 2013
I'm wondering if those kids standing with Obama knew his kids were guard protected but they weren't worth it.
Just like too bad that video was taken of the US troops taken a pee on dead bodies.
I can bet if it was Hitler in that position with those kids or our troops the ones being degraded in that manner there would be outrage.
This gun thing is only the begining.
Still no talk on the meds these people were on.But I'll bet you right now everyone and their brother and sisters and aunts and uncles will be a little depressed a little angry a little this or that and you will be on that no gun list.
And Obamacare will pay for your meds and big Pharma will be happy and very wealthy.

Goodbye

United States

#62948 Jan 19, 2013
Bull!
Truth Detector wrote:
This week Obama used children as a prop at his gun speech. Here’s some others who’ve used children as props:
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&s...
It’s for the children……
Hey

Manchester, TN

#62949 Jan 19, 2013
Dr.Russell L.Blaylock MD
Surgeon,Author,Lecturer,Educat or
This brain surgeon does talk about the issues with these meds on some and speaks of our soldiers being drugged and vaccine damage.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/dr-blaylock-expos...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 13 min _Juneau_ 6,611
paradise vapor 48 min sam 4
Booster basketball 53 min Understand 42
brittany brown at wallmart 1 hr ohno 6
Are you attending the James Carpenter trial? 1 hr Dixie iron fist 5
Mary Threw You Under the Bus 1 hr dirtiesanchez 11
The Fillers 1 hr just saying 2
wheel tax 3 hr z0neCrew 92
live at the valley 7 hr Rhett Scarlett 42
inmate dead Sat Greeneville Mafia 62
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:11AM
Which Panthers Free Agents Will Return in 2015?
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl