|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Not Willard wrote:
<quoted text>If you use less or no gas or other fuel, the government will lose money for roads. They will make it up somewhere else. If i drive a car which uses something other than gasoline i can expect them to find another way. Higher mpg equals less gas tax........How do you propose they fund road repair ?? I'm sure you really like using them.
Taxes ???? FOR roads ??? You're kidding right ??? Why in the fronteer envisioned by the tea party, each family has an axe and a pick and shovel in the back of their wagon, if that doesn't clear the way.....well you just don't need to go !
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what austerity advocates believe:
Problem: A world economy in deep recession.
Cause: A monetary crisis and a near collapse of the U.S. Banking system as a result of a housing bubble disaster.
Result: loss of demand for goods and services, the collapse of the value of real estate, high unemployment, falling consumer spending.
Solution: Take a trillion dollars a year out of the economy to balance the Federal Budget.
Ludicrious. The way to get out of a recession is to increase the monetary supply, not further constrain it.
We have a front row seat on austerity, as European countries spiral downward under a misguided effort to balance their budgets in a severe recession. It will take decades to undo what the E.U. has foisted on countries like Greece, Spain and Italy.
The time to address debt and deficits is when the business cycle is expanding, unemployment is low, wages are increasing,and consequently tax revenues are growing. That economy can stand cuts in government spending.
Unfortunately, when a robust economy returns if it ever does.....Republicans will want another tax cut instead of a balanced budget and paying off of the debt.
So what do you believe, oh wise one?
SIMPLE MAN

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Sad that you all defend the democrats and republicans none of them would piss on you if you were on fire .
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1984 my wife were one of about 15 teams on a dedicated run that went from Port Huron, Mi. to Laredo Tx and back. I believe you said you worked for Chrysler. Then you should know about this. Our job was to pick up a load of engine blocks and heads fresh from the foundry. We transported these raw parts to Laredo where they were loaded on Mexican trucks and shipped to a town south of Mexico City(the name of the town escapes me) where the milling work was done on these heads and blocks. They were then brought back to Laredo and reloaded on to our trucks and we too them back to Port Huron. After arrival there these same parts were then reloaded onto Canadian trailers and transported to another small town in northern Ontario and there these engines were assembled then brought back to Port Huron where they were shipped to American plants to be installed in cars. This was cheaper than paying American Machinists and assemblers union wages to build these engines. This run went away when Chrysler started having the blocks forged in yet another country losing more American jobs. Now tell me how good the unions are for America. Union workers only care about how much they can get for themselves no matter what affect it will have on the overall economy. Union officials are do not care about the workers. They only want more members so they can get more dues to pay their 6 and 7 or more figure salaries.And if they cant get the money any other way they rob the pension fund.
No sorry, I never worked for Chrysler or any Auto company. So I have no idea what you are talking about. Not sure where you are getting your union figures from, but I have never ever heard of such numbers. I'm not saying it does not happen, just that I have never seen or heard of it.
Union official's I have dealt with were local Presidents/District Officers and the District Officers made just a few dollars more than me.
They want more members yes for money to pay overhead(which is hugh,like arbirtration for non Union members) but mostly for strenght through unity.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> This is what happens when severe austerity measures are implimented during a deep recession. Curtailing government spending during recessionary periods always leads to a deeper recession. It is at times like these that the government becomes the only entity that can spur economic activity. The time to institute economic austerity for governments is when their economies are booming, not when they are contracting.
You posted a snapshot in time of what is happening in Europe that is factual. Then you suggest the United States follow Europe down the slope back into recession, and if austerity measures are severe enough....depression. That will really fill government coffers and balance the budget.
This reminds me of another poster who, after reading about a fellow Tennesseean who is in danger of death from the loss of Tenncare insurance, advised this person to support the repeal of Obamacare, a program which when it is fully enacted next January, has the potential to save this person's life.
You are absolutely correct, OT. But, these Teapublicans cannot understand that concept. They have so little knowledge of anything , relating to the economy of a Government and they continue to try and equate it with a Home or Business economy...which is a sure-fire Recipe for the economic failure of a Nation!
I've never know a Group of People who are as ignorant to the workings of the Gov't., in the past, that think they have all the answers and all the answers they have are sure to doom this Country because they simply don't understand how a Gov't works and they refuse to learn. Ignorance is dangerous and they are a Prime Example of that statement.
I have no doubt that the Koch Bros. had the demographics of the most uninformed and the most ignorant of Economic Principles in the Nation, reseached...and those are the People whom they targeted to recruit into the Tea Party. It was probably very easy to do and they may have just looked at the emails to FFN, RL, and any and all Republican Propaganda Sites and they would have instantly known that those were the People to recruit, simply from their totally ignorant views they expressed in those emails.
You cannoyt tell them anything because they think they know it all and all they know is so simple-minded and erronous that it boggles the mind of a rational, thinking Person! But, their biggest fault is that they will make no effort to educate themselves nor face the reality of the consequences of what actions they have caused this Country to adopt. They only lie and blame the Democrats and Obama for what they, themselves have caused! They DEMAND to have their way 100% and when it backfires in everybody's face, they never take responsibility for what THEY CAUSED! I suspect they live their Personal Lives the same way! Over-bearing, Controlling Know-it-all's who don't know squat and refuse to learn, is all they are!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

SIMPLE MAN wrote:
Sad that you all defend the democrats and republicans none of them would piss on you if you were on fire .
Well, the Teapublicans wouldn't, that's for sure! As far as the Democrats go, it would depend on which one it is! Some of them still work for the American People, but NONE of the Teapublicans do, NONE of them...unless you're Super Wealthy, of course!
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
After you, Buddy, after you! I don't really care if it was a typo or a misspelling, you got the point...now shut up your petty criticisms. If I wanted to be graded on my Spelling or my Typing, I would have hired a Teacher!
You couldn't afford me!
Jessica

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I vote for Rick!He's my man!He will get us all kinds of new roads and stuff!
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

The US has got it's nose in El-Salvador's affairs and helpin big business help themselves.Sorta suckin that country dry.
http"//counterpunch.org/2 113/01/11/the-u-s-and-the-priv atization-of-el-salvador/
Then there is Big Bad Chevez and his actions in his country.
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/12/14/the-ac... .
And where would you rather be?
Rick

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Thanks, Jessica I'll build another road to nowhere, that's where I'm going!Down a dirty old road to your house.Why did S.B.get jealous and take pictures of my car parked in front of your house!Now my wife knows.But I know you'll come to court with me and tell the judge everything.You do still love me don't you!I will run for mayor of Fulton.You can be the first wife just like Michele OBama!We can live in the big house!We have so much to be grateful for.Please don't have this post deleted,all of these politicians might get mad at us.Your not ashamed of what we did are you!
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion, but you also deserve to have it pointed out when you post Lies and Stupid Comments and you deserve to have them called exactly what they are, Lies and stupid comments, which you would know before you post them, if you had a working brain cell in your little Pea-Brain!
Get some REAL information from some Source besides FFN , RL, And AK and you would realize just how dumb your comments really are!
You have the Right to be among the Idiots of the Nation, if that's what you choose to be, but don't expect the rest of us to go along with you!
You think all republicans are tea party members when in actuality, the Tea Party is a small minority in the Republican field.

You actually think for some reason that Fox News rules all the republicans. That is like saying The View rules all liberals. Republicans think on their own, not from what a tv entertainment channel says.

All of your posts contain at least one lie and many stupid comments.

You post links to blogs and editorial sites claiming them to be valid news articles and expect nobody to notice.

The fact is you could tax the wealthy 100% and you wouldn't get a dime of it and the country wouldn't benefit one iota from it. It might make you feel better, but the overall result would be nil.

You claim to possess all this extensive political information and have tons of experience in all things government related, yet you spend all your time posting on Topix. Here's a reality check for you, reading Topix posts all day gain you no knowledge and could basically cause you to go brain dead. Which we all already see the effects of.

Based on all these things, I doubt there is anyone reading your posts that actually think you are smart or wise. In fact, you give all the traits of some redneck woman that has been out of work a while and unmarried and mad at the world so you have to blame somebody other than yourself for your predicament.

If you are so adamant about changing things in the world, go out and do it instead of wasting every minute of your time calling everyone a Teapublican and stating Fox News is poisoning minds. You are simply not smart enough to sway anyone's opinion and the character you demonstrate on your posts doesn't earn you much respect. In other words, all this time you spend on Topix is simply in vain.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Hey wrote:
The US has got it's nose in El-Salvador's affairs and helpin big business help themselves.Sorta suckin that country dry.
http"//counterpunch.org/2 113/01/11/the-u-s-and-the-priv atization-of-el-salvador/
Then there is Big Bad Chevez and his actions in his country.
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/12/14/the-ac... .
And where would you rather be?
My typing really sucks.Where's the edit button?
http://www.counterpunch.org/2113/01/11/the-u-...
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/12/14/the-ac...
Dude 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Richard Langley from gene Langley Ford smokes crack and also beat up that pretty x wife of his, she was from Alamo, wish I could have had my chance with her... Richard !!! Stop smoking crack!!!
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
My typing really sucks.Where's the edit button?
http://www.counterpunch.org/2113/01/11/the-u-...
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/12/14/the-ac...
Somebody help me.Why does it not go where it should?
flbrat

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

SIMPLE MAN wrote:
Exactly.
flbrat

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You think all republicans are tea party members when in actuality, the Tea Party is a small minority in the Republican field.
You actually think for some reason that Fox News rules all the republicans. That is like saying The View rules all liberals. Republicans think on their own, not from what a tv entertainment channel says.
All of your posts contain at least one lie and many stupid comments.
You post links to blogs and editorial sites claiming them to be valid news articles and expect nobody to notice.
The fact is you could tax the wealthy 100% and you wouldn't get a dime of it and the country wouldn't benefit one iota from it. It might make you feel better, but the overall result would be nil.
You claim to possess all this extensive political information and have tons of experience in all things government related, yet you spend all your time posting on Topix. Here's a reality check for you, reading Topix posts all day gain you no knowledge and could basically cause you to go brain dead. Which we all already see the effects of.
Based on all these things, I doubt there is anyone reading your posts that actually think you are smart or wise. In fact, you give all the traits of some redneck woman that has been out of work a while and unmarried and mad at the world so you have to blame somebody other than yourself for your predicament.
If you are so adamant about changing things in the world, go out and do it instead of wasting every minute of your time calling everyone a Teapublican and stating Fox News is poisoning minds. You are simply not smart enough to sway anyone's opinion and the character you demonstrate on your posts doesn't earn you much respect. In other words, all this time you spend on Topix is simply in vain.
Vote for Pete.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>You couldn't afford me!
Oh, I think I could come up 2 cents...that's about all you're worth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

...come up WITH 2 cents...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Rick wrote:
Thanks, Jessica I'll build another road to nowhere, that's where I'm going!Down a dirty old road to your house.Why did S.B.get jealous and take pictures of my car parked in front of your house!Now my wife knows.But I know you'll come to court with me and tell the judge everything.You do still love me don't you!I will run for mayor of Fulton.You can be the first wife just like Michele OBama!We can live in the big house!We have so much to be grateful for.Please don't have this post deleted,all of these politicians might get mad at us.Your not ashamed of what we did are you!
Do you just make these long, rambling Posts so that nobody has room to refute your pile of BS?
Jenny

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Bill haslam has my vote

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 17 min Geeze 8,967
Meth Lab on Peppermint Lane (Jan '13) 20 min Gville resident 159
An APOLOGY from Turd (Jan '13) 44 min Pretend 2 B Normal 12
PROTECT Haslam Billions PILOT/FLYING J 1 hr Pray to save the money 33
HASLAM EBT card in ever low wage pot 1 hr Poverty wage 9
If we had a real newspaper in this town 1 hr Bill Moncier 13
Junior Cosby 1 hr curious 1
Eddie Overholt arrest question 7 hr Our Problem 37
Greeneville: 4 main reasons that people refuse ... 8 hr everyonedies 52
Lost respect for GPD 9 hr Nobody 68
Summer Street 9 hr Gville Grad 35
•••
•••