Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 2,839)

Showing posts 56,761 - 56,780 of123,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
That was back when Republicans had some sense...in fact, that was pretty much the last period in History that they had any sense, overall!
Now, they are totally insane and worthless, except for causing all the rest of us, except the Super Wealthy, more nightmares than anybody should have to endure! Oh, and for stuffing money in their pockets, that comes from the Super Wealthy!
Well, you libs now have the power and a far left liberal president that will take down the road you and your lib friends across the nation have decided to follow. We will be there with you when everything comes tumbling down. The only difference between us is that we knew it was coming and tried to tell you and your friends.

Just think, no more super wealthy or even medium wealthy to stuff money in their pockets. Now more jobs either. When tax payers no longer have a job, they can no longer pay taxes. When taxes do not come in, entitlements tend to slow down and if enough taxes are lost, they (entitlements)stop. This is when the 'Defecation hits the Rotary Oscillator'.
Goodbye

Eaton Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought that I'd see a Poster on Topix that this would be a justifiable comment, so it fits most of them on here, but you are actually too dumb and uninformed to participate in these discussions! That is a new "low", even for topix! Congradulations! And you'll think that's a compliment!
You have a lot of nerve calling other people stupid and can't even spell congratulations! What an idiot! Do everyone a favor and leave this, and all the other threads you post your nonsense on.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame the teaparty, it is the dem/libs and Obama who has the power---Oh Dirty Harry also. What ever happens from now on is pretty much you and your libs fault.
I take you don't know that the House of Representatives has a Majority of Teapublicans and that the Senate doesn't have 60 Democats to vote to pass anything, which is what it takes.

So, you're wrong again! It's the Teapublicans, the Party of "NO", in both the House and the Senate that will mess anything up that the Dems try to do! As a member of Reagan's Administration said, "The Republicans are Against Everything and For Nothing"!

They don't have any ideas of their own and they will vote down anything the Democrats try to do and protect the Super Wealthy...that's it! They don't Lead, they don't Follow, they just get in the Way of Everything that Anybody else tries to do! they're worse than worthless, they're an Obstacle!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>You have a lot of nerve calling other people stupid and can't even spell congratulations! What an idiot! Do everyone a favor and leave this, and all the other threads you post your nonsense on.
After you, Buddy, after you! I don't really care if it was a typo or a misspelling, you got the point...now shut up your petty criticisms. If I wanted to be graded on my Spelling or my Typing, I would have hired a Teacher!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I take you don't know that the House of Representatives has a Majority of Teapublicans and that the Senate doesn't have 60 Democats to vote to pass anything, which is what it takes.
So, you're wrong again! It's the Teapublicans, the Party of "NO", in both the House and the Senate that will mess anything up that the Dems try to do! As a member of Reagan's Administration said, "The Republicans are Against Everything and For Nothing"!
They don't have any ideas of their own and they will vote down anything the Democrats try to do and protect the Super Wealthy...that's it! They don't Lead, they don't Follow, they just get in the Way of Everything that Anybody else tries to do! they're worse than worthless, they're an Obstacle!
The senate has a majority --60 votes is a super majority. The house at this time is in republican control. Not all repub are teaparty. Look at the speaker of the house. He is a lib to moderate. Obama will use his executive powers and like the failure of the house to remove any funding for Obama Care, they won't tell him he can not use the executive powers to legislate law until it is too late. Yes, it is in you hands and you will probably have a majority after 2014 election.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
The senate has a majority --60 votes is a super majority. The house at this time is in republican control. Not all repub are teaparty. Look at the speaker of the house. He is a lib to moderate. Obama will use his executive powers and like the failure of the house to remove any funding for Obama Care, they won't tell him he can not use the executive powers to legislate law until it is too late. Yes, it is in you hands and you will probably have a majority after 2014 election.
Boehner is not a Lib to Moderate...if he were, he's be a Democrat. He is a Moderate Republican. Considering how far Right the Republican Party has become, a Moderate Republican just means that he's not quite as crazy as all the rest of them.

The Senate goes by the "Super Majority" Rule to pass everything. It has no choice until the Members of the Senate vote to change it and since that would take 60 votes to do and some of the Teapublicans would have to vote FOR changing it, along with the Democrats, that's very unlikely to happen!

So, the bottom line is that the Teapublicans have the Majority numbers to control all the House Votes...and the Teapublicans, because of the "60 Vote Rule to Pass" anything in the Senate, the Teapublicans can keep anything in the Senate from Passing.

Therefore, YOU ARE WRONG! It is the TEAPUBLICANS, NOT the Democrats, who control EVERYTHING in the House and the Senate, and the Ball is in their Court!
Let's stand back and watch how many things they screw up in the next two years...that will take us years to straighten out, if and when the Democrats win the Majority, again! And if the Democrats don't win back the Majority in the House and Senate, in 2 years, the Teapublicans will have longer than 2 years to screw even more things up!
You People that think your vote doesn't count...this is the reason it does!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
no--20 yrs at chrysler and a few more yrs around here. Know a little more about manufacturing plants than you I'd bet. Guess you need to take your own advice...LOL
I doubt it, since I've worked at 6 of them, in 4 different Counties...some on Staff and some not...and been Chief Union Steward in one of them...and 3 out of the 6 made completely different products, including Automobile Parts.
Curious george

Krasnodon, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

what does that have to do with the governor of Tennessee?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Curious george wrote:
what does that have to do with the governor of Tennessee?
Nothing! No more than his Moronic comment did, that I was replying to!
Any more questions?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

"House GOP's Fiscal Split Looms Large For Obama."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/house-g...
Curious George

Providence, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing! No more than his Moronic comment did, that I was replying to!
Any more questions?
Just one do you ever sleep?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

No!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Surely, surely they aren't serious about this! If they are, then that's proof-positive, in my mind, that they are a bunch of crazed Lunatics and they should ALL be recalled and gotten out of Government!
----------
"Double Trouble: House GOP Eyes Default, Shutdown."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/behind-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

This is a National disgrace!
----------
"Hill Friction Puts Sand In Storm Recovery's Gears."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/hill-fr...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

"America Is Not In Decline Or Retreat."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ej-dio...
works for me

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

HILARY CLINTON IN 2016
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
This is a National disgrace!
----------
"Hill Friction Puts Sand In Storm Recovery's Gears."
Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/hill-fr...
After almost 3 month's since Sandy hit, the Republicans are now eating their own.
The Americans that were affected by Sandy are doing what they can to rebuild and try to get back to a normal life which is still very far away.
In the meantime Americans in the affected area will just leave, others will divorce, familys will split up, and yes some will committ suicide.
I've seen it before.........but not to this magnitude.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

The Mother Jones report states:“In the wake of the slaughters this summer at a Colorado movie theater and a Sikh temple in Wisconsin, we set out to track mass shootings in the United States over the last 30 years. We identified and analyzed 62 of them, and one striking pattern is this: In not a single case was the killing stopped by a civilian using a gun.”(According to the criteria used in their research, a mass shooting is when the "shooter took the lives of at least four people.")

When armed civilians or off-duty police officers are present in active shooter scenarios they respond quickly—usually preventing the situation from becoming a mass shooting. For example, in 2007, former police officer Jeanne Assam volunteered to work security at her church in Colorado and prevented a mass shooting:

Jeanne Assam Saves The Day

There was also the recent incident of a gunman opening fire at the Mayan Palace Theatre in San Antonio just days after the Connecticut shooting. An off-duty cop stopped the gunman.

Gunman Shoot Gun at San Antonio MovieTheater Mayan Palace Theatre

Of course, there are other examples of “civilians” preventing mass shootings. Mark Hemingway over at The Weekly Standard provides more examples:

-- Winnemuccas, Nev., 2008: Ernesto Villagomez opens fire in a crowded restaurant; concealed carry permit-holder shoots him dead. Total dead: Two.(I'm excluding the shooters' deaths in these examples.)

-- Appalachian School of Law, 2002: Crazed immigrant shoots the dean and a professor, then begins shooting students; as he goes for more ammunition, two armed students point their guns at him, allowing a third to tackle him. Total dead: Three.

-- Santee, Calif. 2001: Student begins shooting his classmates -- as well as the "trained campus supervisor"; an off-duty cop who happened to be bringing his daughter to school that day points his gun at the shooter, holding him until more police arrive. Total dead: Two.

-- Pearl High School, Mississippi, 1997: After shooting several people at his high school, student heads for the junior high school; assistant principal Joel Myrick retrieves a .45 pistol from his car and points it at the gunman's head, ending the murder spree. Total dead: Two.

-- Edinboro, Pa., 1998: A student shoots up a junior high school dance being held at a restaurant; restaurant owner pulls out his shotgun and stops the gunman. Total dead: One.

Believe what you will, Mr. Schultz, but it’s more accurate to say that "civilians" have prevented more mass shootings than “gun-free zones” have.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
Surely, surely they aren't serious about this! If they are, then that's proof-positive, in my mind, that they are a bunch of crazed Lunatics and they should ALL be recalled and gotten out of Government!
----------
"Double Trouble: House GOP Eyes Default, Shutdown."
Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/behind-...
Question:

After Gingrich and Clinton went toe to toe and shut the government down...did the economy improve or decline???
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

works for me wrote:
HILARY CLINTON IN 2016
Isn't she brain dead now?

I guess brain dead is better than what we have now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,761 - 56,780 of123,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 9 min WTSenior 58,310
Linda Woolsey Running For Judge -- No Really Sh... 15 min we dont like her 33
Jan Kiker's Son 20 min Sorry 12
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 30 min Youare 8,452
I love this forum because?????? 56 min _Word Woman_ 165
Nosey People 2 hr Sssnake 120
GINA's Restaurant 2 hr Sssnake 13
Greene County Mayor's Race 9 hr Wow 60
Greene County Clerk Race 19 hr hammeR 100
•••

Freeze Warning for Greene County was issued at April 16 at 2:36AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs