flbrat

Vero Beach, FL

#62203 Jan 12, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
"
DAH!!!!! A republic is representation of the people by people elected to office. A democratic nation is one that is ruled by a majority of the popular vote.(i.e. India, etc)"
Is this not what this means??????????Same thing but don't beat yourself up lady there is a whole world of difference between a republic and a democracy.
There is also a whole lot of difference between RS and a lady.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#62204 Jan 12, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooo, you're admitting that the majority of America is liberal leaning...
If that is what you are trying to get out of me, the answer is yes during the next four years.Take this Amused? ROUGHLY 47% of the people pay no taxes, are on welfare, food stamp and a growing number of them are on disability and don't forget the union. This is only a few of the gov. handouts that will promote-purchase a democrat/liberal vote.During the next four years I feel we will see this grow to 51-52%. A simple majority but non-the-less a majority. The electoral process in the larger cities is already at a point to where the democrats/liberal have a majority. When you expand this to whole states, then our fate is in your hands so to speak. What ever is coming, you can be sure we are all in it together. Unfortunately, I feel it will too late to undo the mess the democrats/liberal have made. I am sure you have heard the old saying "power Corrupts". Well shortly after the 51% or great majority is reached, the democrats/liberals in power will move silently to shore up their power grab. The skill of obama as a constitutional lawyer will allow him to circumvent the liberties we now enjoy. OH, some will say, we will take them to court but the court as in egypt can be changed. Although, he (obama) may not be able to run for a third term because changing amendments to the constitution takes at least 26 states to ratify the change, I feel that the democratic party thus liberals will stay in power long enough to change the voting percentages in enough states to change or remove the constitution.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#62205 Jan 12, 2013
Swamp rat wrote:
<quoted text>yet no one is doing anything that the public wants, correct?
their doing what the democrat/liberals want. It is alright. I am an old man and will be gone long before the next world war starts. What i Pity is the people who deftly follow without thinking. I really would love to be there when it hits them, they were taken.to the cleaners.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#62206 Jan 12, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what you are trying to get out of me, the answer is yes during the next four years.Take this Amused? ROUGHLY 47% of the people pay no taxes, are on welfare, food stamp and a growing number of them are on disability and don't forget the union. This is only a few of the gov. handouts that will promote-purchase a democrat/liberal vote.During the next four years I feel we will see this grow to 51-52%. A simple majority but non-the-less a majority. The electoral process in the larger cities is already at a point to where the democrats/liberal have a majority. When you expand this to whole states, then our fate is in your hands so to speak. What ever is coming, you can be sure we are all in it together. Unfortunately, I feel it will too late to undo the mess the democrats/liberal have made. I am sure you have heard the old saying "power Corrupts". Well shortly after the 51% or great majority is reached, the democrats/liberals in power will move silently to shore up their power grab. The skill of obama as a constitutional lawyer will allow him to circumvent the liberties we now enjoy. OH, some will say, we will take them to court but the court as in egypt can be changed. Although, he (obama) may not be able to run for a third term because changing amendments to the constitution takes at least 26 states to ratify the change, I feel that the democratic party thus liberals will stay in power long enough to change the voting percentages in enough states to change or remove the constitution.
36 states not 26. Other than that I agree.

“IMNTBHO”

Smyrna, TN

#62207 Jan 12, 2013
I wonder if Obama realized this one?

CNN says Obamacare Forbids Gun and Ammo Registration
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 20:01

Nancy Pelosi was right — they didn’t know what was in ObamaCare until it passed! Of course, in this case all she needed to do was ask her buddy Harry Reid, who apparently sandbagged his party’s gun-control wing by inserting an interesting clause in the 2800-page bill that no one in Congress bothered to read before voting on it. CNN’s Jim Acosta reveals the restriction on firearms-registration data collection built into the 2010 law.

The reason Reid inserted this clause, CNN reports without ever having actually talked to Reid (he declined comment), was to make the NRA “benign” in the ObamaCare fight — and to push back against “conspiracy theorists” who claimed that the bill would allow Barack Obama to start grabbing guns. Hey, that would never happen, right? Sure.

In any case, this isn’t that much of a bar on Congressional action. What can be done in this manner can be undone in the same manner. I’d keep an eye on any thousand-page bill rushed to the floor in this session to see if Reid reverses course.

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2013/01/cnn...
Pete

Elizabethton, TN

#62208 Jan 12, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
their doing what the democrat/liberals want. It is alright. I am an old man and will be gone long before the next world war starts. What i Pity is the people who deftly follow without thinking. I really would love to be there when it hits them, they were taken.to the cleaners.
Now ALL wage earners pay 2% more in taxes along with everyone making over $450K.

The net effect of this is that the debt and deficit is unchanged.
We now have less of a stimulus to the economy.
The government now has more money, the citizens have less.
But hey, NASCAR, Hollywood and Windmill farms have more money now too because this was part of the pork within this bill.

In short, our President wants everyone's money, not just the rich.
Bankrupt

Tampa, FL

#62209 Jan 12, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was taken to the cleaners?

“IMNTBHO”

Smyrna, TN

#62210 Jan 12, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Now ALL wage earners pay 2% more in taxes along with everyone making over $450K.
The net effect of this is that the debt and deficit is unchanged.
We now have less of a stimulus to the economy.
The government now has more money, the citizens have less.
But hey, NASCAR, Hollywood and Windmill farms have more money now too because this was part of the pork within this bill.
In short, our President wants everyone's money, not just the rich.
Don't forget all the tax increases involved in Obamacare too.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#62211 Jan 12, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats have, historically, been elected to clean up Republican messes.
Randy

Mclean, VA

#62212 Jan 12, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats have, historically, been elected to clean up Republican messes.
I assume you have solid proof of what you say?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#62215 Jan 13, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
"
DAH!!!!! A republic is representation of the people by people elected to office. A democratic nation is one that is ruled by a majority of the popular vote.(i.e. India, etc)"
Is this not what this means??????????Same thing but don't beat yourself up lady there is a whole world of difference between a republic and a democracy.
You simply can NOT comprehend what you read, can you....or do you know so little about the way Congress works that you do not understand that if, we were NOT a Republic, that you would have to go to the Polls EVERYDAY to vote on a Legislative Bill that SOMEBODY presented for a vote of the People to be made into a Law...EVERYDAY, and you would have to vote on more that one, EVERYDAY.
That would not be possible and would be mass chaos and you would not be able to do anything else in your life, including work...because you would be having to go to the Polls everyday to vote on these Bills, some of which would be minor business that most People wouldn't even bother. Then, that would mean that the handful of UNelected ordinary Citizens would have total power and control over the "running" of this Country and YOUR Life!
To avoid that, we ELECT our Representatives and Senators to do that for us , and THAT IS WHAT MAKES US A REPUBLIC and THAT IS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DEMOCRACY AND A REPUBLIC!
Don't take my word for it, instead of arguing about something that you have no knowledge of whatsoever, get off your lazy Azz, Goggle it and read it for yourself, Doofus!
Or listen to the Toothless Hillbilly next door, who is just as ignorant as you are...or Fox Fake News (no difference)... and continue to run around proving your stupidity and being laughed at behind your back! The choice is yours!

Location hidden

#62216 Jan 13, 2013
I get so tired of trying to tell you ignorant second-grade Drop-outs how dumb and stupid your information is, telling you where and how to educate yourself just alittle...that would take you all of 2 minutes, TOPS...and you would rather remain dumb and stupid, than to take 2 minutes out of your Life to learn something useful, that affects your Life AND, would keep you from making a Fool out of yourself over and over, again!
That makes you a DOUBLE Idiot, in my opinion! Too Dumb to know and too Stupid and LAZY to try and find out!
The only conclusion that I can come tt, is that you are Ignorant by preference and determined to stay that way!
THIS attitude is why the American People, as a whole, are becoming less and less intelligent with each passing day and passing it down to each Offspring they produce!
We are becoming a Nation of Idiots and it's our own fault...and our Leaders know it and take full advantage of it! If you have any doubt, look at who we are electing into Office to represent us and what they are doing to this Country...and US!

Location hidden

#62217 Jan 13, 2013
"New Malware Exploiting Java 7 In Windows, Unix Systems."

Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57563671/...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#62218 Jan 13, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what you are trying to get out of me, the answer is yes during the next four years.Take this Amused? ROUGHLY 47% of the people pay no taxes, are on welfare, food stamp and a growing number of them are on disability and don't forget the union.
When I entered the war zone of Vietnam I stopped paying taxes, and also recieved free mail service. In my Red County now, your own people(Republicans) are using food stamps. I don't ask them what party they belong to I just know my County always votes for the Conservative ticket big time.
As for Unions not paying taxes, when I was in a Union I paid taxes just like my Union paid taxes.
You might want to start getting your information from a different source, but then again I think somehow you enjoy getting all the wrong information.
If you are in the top 2-3% of the top money makers, the Republican Party is fighting for you. If you are not, you are fighting for the top 2-3%.

Location hidden

#62219 Jan 13, 2013
The Teapublicans are absolutely, hands down, the Dumbest Bunch to ever be in politics, except for one thing , and that is at shooting themselves in the foot about the same issue, over and over again...and they are Geniuses at doing that!
----------
"GOP Looks For Ways To Stop The Rape Comments."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/gop-loo...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#62220 Jan 13, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
"New Malware Exploiting Java 7 In Windows, Unix Systems."
Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57563671/...
Your right.......I mean your correct Sassy, I disabled my Java 5-6 days ago.

Location hidden

#62221 Jan 13, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Your right.......I mean your correct Sassy, I disabled my Java 5-6 days ago.
Me, too!

Location hidden

#62222 Jan 13, 2013
"National Voter ID Battle Set To Rage Again."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/voter-i...

Location hidden

#62223 Jan 13, 2013
You really have to wonder, at what point did so many People take leave of their Common Sense and lose their ability to think rationally? And how did it happen to so many People in this Country?
----------
"CA Gun Show Draws 10,000 People 'Getting Ready For The Next Revolution'."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/12/ca-gun-...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#62224 Jan 13, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
"National Voter ID Battle Set To Rage Again."
Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/voter-i...
Ya know Sassy, I'd really like for these Republicans to put their time into issues like the economy, jobs, ect. besides beating this dead horse over and over again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 5 min citizen 53
Wives that cheat on their husbands @ takoma hos... 5 min littlebit42 2
Who are the sexiest women at GVDC? (Sep '10) 17 min super crusher 17
Brett 1 hr Omy14 4
What do u think about Islam 2 hr Wolftracks 2
Benghazi is getting old ISIL is the enemy now R... 3 hr Facts Are Your Fr... 7
Balancing the Greene County Budget by 5% per de... 4 hr reclaim rights 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 4,105
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 8 hr Glock 36
Linda Kirk + furniture... 8 hr Jon Jon 16
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••