Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#62178 Jan 12, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
The only totally safe way to protect your computer is to shut it off, and throw it away.
That's a good idea, I think you should do it!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#62179 Jan 12, 2013
Will the REAL Obama please stand up?

An Illinois man shot a burglar in his home and was fined $750 by his town for disobeying its handgun ban. The absurdity and injustice of the situation caused the Illinois General Assembly in 2004, to pass legislation providing an exception to handgun restrictions if the weapon was used in the defense of one’s home.

Sounds like a no-brainer, right? Everyone should have the right to defend their home.

When the assembly took the vote, Obama, who was famous for voting “present” whenever he had to vote on controversial issues, instead voted to maintain the status quo, which made it a violation of municipal gun ban law to use a firearm to save your own life in your own home.

THAT is the REAL Obama. If you lose life’s lottery and are unlucky enough to have someone barge into your home, POW! You’re dead.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.as...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#62180 Jan 12, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Only a Liberal would call 1% over half a "fairly large majority".
Only a consevative would argue that an additional 4% tax burden on incomes OVER 250k would impoverish the wealthy as they simultaneously argue that a welfare recipient getting the equivalent of an 8 dollar an hour stipend from the taxpayers has it made !

Location hidden

#62181 Jan 12, 2013
"Actor Jackie Chan Calls U.S.'Most Corrupt' Country In The World."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/12/actor-j...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#62182 Jan 12, 2013
Dr house lookalike wrote:
<quoted text>i voted for Gov haslam, but both him and mcwherter have sentenced this diabetic to death for not allowing people likemyself on tncare. ill be dead before the next election thanks to both of them. but when i lost my tenncare, it was under a democrat. cause he needed a party room @ the mansion. neither one of them are saints. neither one will help me. nearly pushing me off the cliff
It was Phil Bredeson a nominal Democrat that ended Tenncare in anything but name, not McWherter. That was after Don Sundquist did his best to destroy it for 8 years. Bredeson ran on saving Tenncare and Van Hillary ran on killing it....then once Phil was elected he killed it along with lots of folks who needed it to survive. I wish him a special place in Hell for those actions.
Next October, you will be able to sign up for Obamacare and coverage will commence next January, without any preexisting condition restrictions. This will be available on a sliding scale determined by your income, and if you have a very low income, you will become eligable for the expanded Medicaid program that is a part of the program. I hope that you can hold out that long, and I will remember you in my prayers.
roxy

White Pine, TN

#62183 Jan 12, 2013
Wtf happened last night?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#62184 Jan 12, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
An Illinois man shot a burglar in his home and was fined $750 by his town for disobeying its handgun ban. The absurdity and injustice of the situation caused the Illinois General Assembly in 2004, to pass legislation providing an exception to handgun restrictions if the weapon was used in the defense of one’s home.
Sounds like a no-brainer, right? Everyone should have the right to defend their home.
When the assembly took the vote, Obama, who was famous for voting “present” whenever he had to vote on controversial issues, instead voted to maintain the status quo, which made it a violation of municipal gun ban law to use a firearm to save your own life in your own home.
THAT is the REAL Obama. If you lose life’s lottery and are unlucky enough to have someone barge into your home, POW! You’re dead.
I fervently disagree with his vote.

Location hidden

#62185 Jan 12, 2013
"Reddit Cofounder And Online Activist Aaron Swartz Dead At 26."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/12/reddit-...

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#62187 Jan 12, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
And you Teapublicans are incapable of having a sensible discussion or debate, without throwing out your useless and worthless slurs! I don't care if you're 150 years old...GROW UP!
I try to respect you and your opinions...sometimes, but you just won't let me! You people love to bit*h , gripe, and insult more than any People I have ever tried to communicate with and that's why most of the Posters on here won't talk to you! GET A CLUE!
This coming from the same person who calls EVERYONE who disagrees with her a TEAPUBLICAN. Even in this very post accusing others. Pot and kettle time again with you as always.

“IMNTBHO”

Smyrna, TN

#62188 Jan 12, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooo, you're admitting that the majority of America is liberal leaning...
Nope only the majority of the voters who voted in the last election. There is a difference. And many of them only voted for their subsistence check and food stamps.

“IMNTBHO”

Smyrna, TN

#62189 Jan 12, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Only a consevative would argue that an additional 4% tax burden on incomes OVER 250k would impoverish the wealthy as they simultaneously argue that a welfare recipient getting the equivalent of an 8 dollar an hour stipend from the taxpayers has it made !
Still fabricating your own "facts" OT? Show me wear I said anything about a 4% tax increase impoverishing the wealthy.

“IMNTBHO”

Smyrna, TN

#62190 Jan 12, 2013
where not wear*
Ghmjjghgfjjjnnbb vvccxxddf

Lewisburg, TN

#62191 Jan 12, 2013
Goo goo.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#62192 Jan 12, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
Well dang.......our President Obama can't be right, I mean correct 100% of the time.
Goodbye

United States

#62195 Jan 12, 2013
sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
According to many many posts on the Camden Topix, Really-Sassy doesn't even vote and hasn't voted in like the last several elections.
Then why does she think she is an authority politics? Such a fake!
roxy

Louisville, TN

#62197 Jan 12, 2013
Ghmjjghgfjjjnnbbvvccxxddf wrote:
Goo goo.
stop it
Pimp

United States

#62198 Jan 12, 2013
Jerry fortner
Swamp rat

New York, NY

#62199 Jan 12, 2013
Pimp wrote:
Jerry fortner
whose that?
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#62200 Jan 12, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
WROHG! It ONLY means that instead of each and everyone of us Voters voting on each and every little piece of Legislation, we elect a Representative, or Representative(s), such as Congressmen and Senators to vote the Majority of our wishes! THAT is ALL it means! THAT'S IT, NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS! THAT is the ONLY difference between a Democracy and a Republic!!!
And that is why we have a House of Representatives and a Senate...that is because we are a Republic, and that is what makes us a Republic! PERIOD!
"
DAH!!!!! A republic is representation of the people by people elected to office. A democratic nation is one that is ruled by a majority of the popular vote.(i.e. India, etc)"

Is this not what this means??????????Same thing but don't beat yourself up lady there is a whole world of difference between a republic and a democracy.
Knows

United States

#62201 Jan 12, 2013
For tent

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
REPENT for the sins of the Bush year 16 min The end is near 6
Tonya bowman is cheating again 32 min johnny 9
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 35 min Steve 4,150
south greene football 36 min CampCreeper 66
Greene County Schools 52 min meanies 16
HAWK drunk with child in abuse 2 hr Oh no 2
LANDLORDS in greeneville,greene county? READ 2 hr Dead pool 8
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 4 hr resident 63
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 5 hr ChaChaChanges 37
•••