Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 2,829)

Showing posts 56,561 - 56,580 of140,537
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
On the day that Congress finished its work on the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, it called on President George Washington to issue a Proclamation to the people of the United States to thank God for the freedoms we enjoy.
A week and a day later the President's opening paragraph in his Proclamation said: "Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor ..." The words "to obey His will" are fatal to any suggestion that George Washington and the framers of our Constitution did not believe in 'God'.
True, as many have pointed out over the years, some framers may not have been 'Christian'- but most were, and virtually all believed in a 'Creator' from which all were bestowed unalienable rights.
Excellent post, thanks!
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

JVC wrote:
<quoted text>Must have "mommy daddy" issues since he mentions them so often in his slurs. Need to see a shrink about that.
awe the "bitch" is defending his mans homor,how sweet. better go catch him so you can give him road head
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

honor

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Alan Wilson, Attorney General of South Carolina has prominently attested that investigations revealed nine hundred "dead people" voted in their election. The investigation further revealed other voting violations having to do with cross-state voting, but I'm sure you'd rather pretend this doesn't exist as well?
I encourage anyone following these posts to perform the simplest web review possible, there to discover the overwhelming "evidence" which documents out-of-control voter fraud in "multiple" states - especially "dead people" votes. There are official accounts of these crimes from coast to coast in America - videos, interviews, editorials,etc.. You should do your own research, even though I enjoy watching you repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot!
Doing my own research revealed...

How the South Carolina 'dead voters' hoax collapsed

http://www.southernstudies.org/2012/02/how-th...

By early February, the election officials were able to confirm all of the voters were legitimate: five were very much alive, and one had voted before dying. Clerical errors were blamed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
On the day that Congress finished its work on the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, it called on President George Washington to issue a Proclamation to the people of the United States to thank God for the freedoms we enjoy.
A week and a day later the President's opening paragraph in his Proclamation said: "Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor ..." The words "to obey His will" are fatal to any suggestion that George Washington and the framers of our Constitution did not believe in 'God'.
True, as many have pointed out over the years, some framers may not have been 'Christian'- but most were, and virtually all believed in a 'Creator' from which all were bestowed unalienable rights.
Muslims believe in a Creator, the recurring chorus is "CHRISTIAN Nation," specifically. Believing in a higher power and believing that Jesus was the Son of God are not beliefs always held by the same person...including Thomas Jefferson.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

There were 95 Senators and Representatives in the First Federal Congress. If one combines the total number of signatures on the Declaration, the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution with the non-signing Constitutional Convention delegates, and then adds to that sum the number of congressmen in the First Federal Congress, one obtains a total of 238 "slots" or "positions" in these groups which one can classify as "Founding Fathers" of the United States. Because 40 individuals had multiple roles (they signed multiple documents and/or also served in the First Federal Congress), there are 204 unique individuals in this group of "Founding Fathers." These are the people who did one or more of the following:

- signed the Declaration of Independence
- signed the Articles of Confederation
- attended the Constitutional Convention of 1787
- signed the Constitution of the United States of America
- served as Senators in the First Federal Congress (1789-1791)
- served as U.S. Representatives in the First Federal Congress

The religious affiliations of these individuals are summarized below. Obviously this is a very restrictive set of names, and does not include everyone who could be considered an "American Founding Father." But most of the major figures that people generally think of in this context are included using these criteria, including George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Samuel Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, John Hancock, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton and more.

Episcopalian/Anglican 88
Presbyterian 30
Congregationalist 27
Quaker 7
Dutch Reformed
German Reformed 6
Lutheran 5
Catholic 3
Huguenot 3
Unitarian 3
Methodist 2
Calvinist 1

TOTAL 204

Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

As for Thomas Jefferson, he was clearly a Christian with regards to his ethics, conduct, upbringing, and culture. Furthermore, to define Jefferson as a "non-Christian" requires using definitions retroactively to classify Jefferson counter to his own self-concept and the commonly understood meanings of words during his own time.

Although Jefferson's specific denominational and congregational ties were limited in his adulthood and his ever-evolving theological beliefs were distinctively his own, he was without a doubt a Protestant. One should keep in mind that despite his later self-stated non-affiliation with any specific denomination, he was raised as an Episcopalian, attended Episcopalian services many times as an adult and as President, and he expressed a clear affinity for Unitarianism. However these denominations may be classified now, uring Jefferson's lifetime, the Episcopal Church and the Unitarian Church were both considered to be Protestant denominations.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing my own research revealed...
How the South Carolina 'dead voters' hoax collapsed
http://www.southernstudies.org/2012/02/how-th...
By early February, the election officials were able to confirm all of the voters were legitimate: five were very much alive, and one had voted before dying. Clerical errors were blamed.
I'm sure you understand I know "facing South" to be the radical and leftist organization it was spawned to be. I did take the time to review the article you consider a retort to content in my previous post...it is not! This fraudulent nest of subversives spends great energy and resources in their daily onslought of propaganda, outright lies and a robust commitment to re-writing history..you know it, and I know it!

One only has to read the on-line "Introduction to the institute" where the organization describes itself as an entity created by '70's civil rights activists working to "change" the south. The following explanation is obvious to the blind in their own statement which includes:....."Combining information power with people power, another South is possible!"

Aside from your attempt to deflect truth, You obviously refuse to acknowledge the wealth of on-line data available with which ANYONE may find reality! I encourage all following these threads to search for themselves for the truth of voter fraud by "dead people" voting in state after state, and to then review the pernicious and hateful cite you offered me. You will have better luck trying to deceive stupid people.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you understand I know "facing South" to be the radical and leftist organization it was spawned to be. I did take the time to review the article you consider a retort to content in my previous post...it is not! This fraudulent nest of subversives spends great energy and resources in their daily onslought of propaganda, outright lies and a robust commitment to re-writing history..you know it, and I know it!
One only has to read the on-line "Introduction to the institute" where the organization describes itself as an entity created by '70's civil rights activists working to "change" the south. The following explanation is obvious to the blind in their own statement which includes:....."Combining information power with people power, another South is possible!"
Aside from your attempt to deflect truth, You obviously refuse to acknowledge the wealth of on-line data available with which ANYONE may find reality! I encourage all following these threads to search for themselves for the truth of voter fraud by "dead people" voting in state after state, and to then review the pernicious and hateful cite you offered me. You will have better luck trying to deceive stupid people.
If his intended audience was "stupid people", he sure hit the nail on the head in directing it to you.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
As for Thomas Jefferson, he was clearly a Christian with regards to his ethics, conduct, upbringing, and culture. Furthermore, to define Jefferson as a "non-Christian" requires using definitions retroactively to classify Jefferson counter to his own self-concept and the commonly understood meanings of words during his own time.
Although Jefferson's specific denominational and congregational ties were limited in his adulthood and his ever-evolving theological beliefs were distinctively his own, he was without a doubt a Protestant. One should keep in mind that despite his later self-stated non-affiliation with any specific denomination, he was raised as an Episcopalian, attended Episcopalian services many times as an adult and as President, and he expressed a clear affinity for Unitarianism. However these denominations may be classified now, uring Jefferson's lifetime, the Episcopal Church and the Unitarian Church were both considered to be Protestant denominations.
Is there a point to this?

In reading the posts, it looks like someone was pointing out what an unchristian like nation we have become, so I don't know why you find it relevant to try to prove what the founding fathers did or did not believe over 200 years ago. It is what we have become that I think should concern us all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
Jefferson was the most famous Deist of all the Founding Fathers. Deists do not believe that Jesus was/is the Son of God, therefore, by Christian standards, he was NOT a Christian, therefore he could not be a Protestant.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
If his intended audience was "stupid people", he sure hit the nail on the head in directing it to you.
He spends a lot time trying to hit nails, I prefer to hit heads! Yours has obviously been hit too many times.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
In reading the posts, it looks like someone was pointing out what an unchristian like nation we have become, so I don't know why you find it relevant to try to prove what the founding fathers did or did not believe over 200 years ago. It is what we have become that I think should concern us all.
Yes, there's a point. Why continue to read posts you can't understand?

You'd be so much happier reading your own posts. They're written on the level of a complete imbecile and besides, misery loves company.

Just think, you might actually be admired for who you are!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that the Trillion dollar coin is worth less?
Why not just make it out of fairie dust? I'm sure everyone will just line up to buy it.
You don't get it, either.~~ sigh ~~

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing, isn't it! It's like they're worried about if there's going to be free parking for their Horse and Buggy!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there's a point. Why continue to read posts you can't understand?
You'd be so much happier reading your own posts. They're written on the level of a complete imbecile and besides, misery loves company.
Just think, you might actually be admired for who you are!
That's odd! I was just thinking the same thing about you, Willard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
There were 95 Senators and Representatives in the First Federal Congress. If one combines the total number of signatures on the Declaration, the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution with the non-signing Constitutional Convention delegates, and then adds to that sum the number of congressmen in the First Federal Congress, one obtains a total of 238 "slots" or "positions" in these groups which one can classify as "Founding Fathers" of the United States. Because 40 individuals had multiple roles (they signed multiple documents and/or also served in the First Federal Congress), there are 204 unique individuals in this group of "Founding Fathers." These are the people who did one or more of the following:
- signed the Declaration of Independence
- signed the Articles of Confederation
- attended the Constitutional Convention of 1787
- signed the Constitution of the United States of America
- served as Senators in the First Federal Congress (1789-1791)
- served as U.S. Representatives in the First Federal Congress
The religious affiliations of these individuals are summarized below. Obviously this is a very restrictive set of names, and does not include everyone who could be considered an "American Founding Father." But most of the major figures that people generally think of in this context are included using these criteria, including George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Samuel Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, John Hancock, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton and more.
Episcopalian/Anglican 88
Presbyterian 30
Congregationalist 27
Quaker 7
Dutch Reformed
German Reformed 6
Lutheran 5
Catholic 3
Huguenot 3
Unitarian 3
Methodist 2
Calvinist 1
TOTAL 204
Even though some of our most prominent Founding Fathers were Deists, they weren't included on your list. Revising history?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
The first site on the search engine list that was agreeing with your allegation was Alex Jones' infowars site. Are you going to try to convince us that THAT is a credible site?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Election Director: No Proof of Dead Voters

http://summerville.patch.com/articles/electio...
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The first site on the search engine list that was agreeing with your allegation was Alex Jones' infowars site. Are you going to try to convince us that THAT is a credible site?
I don't care what Alex Jones agrees or disagrees with. He doesn't speak for me. Your vanity is unrestrained if you believe I care what you believe as well. The few occasions whereupon I considered your work coherent discovered my inceptive error. I consider you no more than a pathetic public nuisance.

I never cited an "allegation" in the subject post, but spoke of an abundance of existing documentation, available to anyone willing to investigate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,561 - 56,580 of140,537
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

150 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff Department Budget 8 min Miller 13
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 12 min Embarrassed 157
Stabbing in Greystone last night (Nov '11) 25 min billy bob 84
Greene County School System At It Again 26 min spectator 5
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 29 min Sue Sue Sue Sue 7
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 30 min bozo palace 114
HAWKS pimp hand GOP removes 76 year Veteran 47 min Keeping the britches line 8
•••
•••