Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 2,817)

Showing posts 56,321 - 56,340 of123,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61795
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Where were those anti-tax tea party Republicans on this issue ???? Where was Grover Norquist ?? As they fought tooth and nail to protect those making over 250k from a 4% tax increase, they were solidly behind letting the 2% tax holiday on the rest of us expire......Hypocrites....no worse, solidly bought and paid for by those who pull their strings.
Personally, I don't mind paying into Social Security/Medicare so this increase doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the constant drumb beat to gut these programs that I have paid into all my working life. These proposals are being made by those sent to Washington to REPRESENT us...as public opinion runs 60 to 70 percent AGAINST changes to those programs.
OT, as someone that has paid into Social Security my whole working life and now recieving my SS every month it's on time, everytime.
Even my Conservative friends that can't stand Socialism, love getting it or even those that will soon start recieving it. But they are still behind those in Congress that want to gut it. I just don't understand them, and I've stopped asking them about this issue........it just goes nowhere.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61796
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Banks are getting impossible to do business with. The bank I have done business with for many years, has informed me that I can not cash a customer's two party check if the amount of the check is over one thousand dollars. So, if a customer owes me say $800.00 and gets a income tax refund check for $1200.00, and I cash it, get paid, and give that customer the balance, they will NOT honor that check for deposit in my business account. The same applies to payroll checks. And these jokers got billions in taxpayer's money to stay in business. A lot of them should be under the jail not making up new policies to make it harder for legitimate businesses to operate
OT, I sure hope things will change very soon for business owners like yourself. Small business owners like yourself is what is slowly building back this economy.
The light at the end of the tunnel for bank rules like this, I hope will be Elizabeth Warren.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61797
Jan 8, 2013
 
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd buy one if they could make it sound like a Star Wars Tie Fighter.
Excellent choice.

“To thine ownself be true.”

Since: Jan 13

Everywhere and Nowhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61799
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Banks are getting impossible to do business with. The bank I have done business with for many years, has informed me that I can not cash a customer's two party check if the amount of the check is over one thousand dollars. So, if a customer owes me say $800.00 and gets a income tax refund check for $1200.00, and I cash it, get paid, and give that customer the balance, they will NOT honor that check for deposit in my business account. The same applies to payroll checks. And these jokers got billions in taxpayer's money to stay in business. A lot of them should be under the jail not making up new policies to make it harder for legitimate businesses to operate
That has been the plan all along. To get everyone dependent on the government. Make it harder for the "little" guys to operate so their corporate backers can have even more money. If everyone is dependent on the government, then it makes it harder for the people to fight back. They'll threaten to cut people off. People will get scared. This is how liberty is dying friends. All hail our corporate government overlords!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61800
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Not Faux news:

MSNBC host Ed Schultz uses the following lead in to his program: where truth and common sense rule!!!

On last Friday’s program, he said,“The gun laws and the gun violence in Chicago is a helluva lot different than it is in New York City. There's two different worlds when it comes to gun violence, it's not even close. New York City is not, you know, an all-safe zone or what not, I'm not trying to make that case. But a city that has got strict, the strictest gun laws in America put forth by Mayor Bloomberg, versus the gun laws that apparently don't even exist in Chicago, you've got two totally different numbers when it comes to lives lost.”

Gun laws don’t even exist in Chicago? I’ll grant you that Chicago does resemble the wild, wild, west, but they also have the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

And if you get your news from this organization, you’d have it all wrong, wouldn’t you?‘Splains alot.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61801
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>OT, as someone that has paid into Social Security my whole working life and now recieving my SS every month it's on time, everytime.
Then you must do direct deposit, instead of supporting your union buddies at the Post Office.

Of course, then the check might not be on time, and it could get lost.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61804
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact -- unemployment grew by 60% from the beginning of his administration to the end.
either you must not be able to read or have an dem/libs IV in your arm. Either way, You like the rest of the dem/libs spit forth LIES. and hope someone believes you.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61805
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Wait-----what wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been the plan all along. To get everyone dependent on the government. Make it harder for the "little" guys to operate so their corporate backers can have even more money. If everyone is dependent on the government, then it makes it harder for the people to fight back. They'll threaten to cut people off. People will get scared. This is how liberty is dying friends. All hail our corporate government overlords!
I am trying to follow your point but what does a bank rule such as the one I described that will not allow me to cash a customer's government or payroll check if the amount is over a grand, have to do with "everyone" being "dependant on the government" ????
My bank is essentially saying I can NOT cash a customer's check in order to get paid what is owed ME, since they will not honor such checks for deposit in my account. I have done business with this bank for over 30 years, and have cashed hundreds if not thousands of large two party checks in the years I have done business with them...... until now.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61806
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Banks are getting impossible to do business with. The bank I have done business with for many years, has informed me that I can not cash a customer's two party check if the amount of the check is over one thousand dollars. So, if a customer owes me say $800.00 and gets a income tax refund check for $1200.00, and I cash it, get paid, and give that customer the balance, they will NOT honor that check for deposit in my business account. The same applies to payroll checks. And these jokers got billions in taxpayer's money to stay in business. A lot of them should be under the jail not making up new policies to make it harder for legitimate businesses to operate
sound close to money laundering ??????? they should shut you down.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61807
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>OT, as someone that has paid into Social Security my whole working life and now recieving my SS every month it's on time, everytime.
Even my Conservative friends that can't stand Socialism, love getting it or even those that will soon start recieving it. But they are still behind those in Congress that want to gut it. I just don't understand them, and I've stopped asking them about this issue........it just goes nowhere.
You num-nut Social security is not handout.. you pay for it. Its the welfare, food stamps,numerous diability claims that are handouts.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61808
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I am trying to follow your point but what does a bank rule such as the one I described that will not allow me to cash a customer's government or payroll check if the amount is over a grand, have to do with "everyone" being "dependant on the government" ????
My bank is essentially saying I can NOT cash a customer's check in order to get paid what is owed ME, since they will not honor such checks for deposit in my account. I have done business with this bank for over 30 years, and have cashed hundreds if not thousands of large two party checks in the years I have done business with them...... until now.
Its called a third Party check. Two party is from them to you and my business has not problem there. A third party check is from some else to you customer and they pay you with their check. First of all, why would you take in the first place unless you know the third person. Some Peoples children!!!!!!!!!!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61809
Jan 8, 2013
 
cut taxes AND CUT spending, end up with $8 billion surplus...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-07/texa...

“To thine ownself be true.”

Since: Jan 13

Everywhere and Nowhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61811
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I am trying to follow your point but what does a bank rule such as the one I described that will not allow me to cash a customer's government or payroll check if the amount is over a grand, have to do with "everyone" being "dependant on the government" ????
My bank is essentially saying I can NOT cash a customer's check in order to get paid what is owed ME, since they will not honor such checks for deposit in my account. I have done business with this bank for over 30 years, and have cashed hundreds if not thousands of large two party checks in the years I have done business with them...... until now.
If you cannot get your money, you have to shut down. That benefits the larger corporations. After all, they run the country anyway. If you have to shut down, there is a chance that you will face a financial crisis. If that happens you may have to rely on the government for assistance. Which is where they want you to be. Completely dependent on the government. Dependent, obedient, subservient. The United States of Dependency.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61812
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wait-----what wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot get your money, you have to shut down. That benefits the larger corporations. After all, they run the country anyway. If you have to shut down, there is a chance that you will face a financial crisis. If that happens you may have to rely on the government for assistance. Which is where they want you to be. Completely dependent on the government. Dependent, obedient, subservient. The United States of Dependency.
Conservatives seem dependent upon Fox"News" and Rush Limbaugh for their thoughts and opinions, and conservative representatives seem obedient to Grover Norquist when it comes to sacred vows.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61813
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
either you must not be able to read or have an dem/libs IV in your arm. Either way, You like the rest of the dem/libs spit forth LIES. and hope someone believes you.
What was the national unemployment rate in January 2001? What was it in December 2008? What was the percentage difference? For extra credit, figure out the same percentage difference for the beginning of Obama's administration until now and let us know.

“To thine ownself be true.”

Since: Jan 13

Everywhere and Nowhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61814
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives seem dependent upon Fox"News" and Rush Limbaugh for their thoughts and opinions, and conservative representatives seem obedient to Grover Norquist when it comes to sacred vows.
I cannot stand Rush Limbaugh. Grover Norquist is a joke. Fox News...is a complete waste. My thoughts and opinions are my own. I don't need an idiotic squawk box to tell me how to think. It isn't difficult to see how the world is when you are out in it. It seems to me like the country is falling apart, and no one in the government really cares about it. That goes for both Democrats and Republicans.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61815
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Support raw milk - Vote YES on Senator Rand Paul's amendment #2180 to legalize interstate shipment of raw milk.

Senator Rand Paul has filed an amendment based on HR 1830/ S 1955, the bill that would overturn the FDA's current ban on the interstate sale or distribution of raw milk and raw milk products for human consumption. States would still be free to impose whatever regulations they think appropriate, but the FDA would no longer be able to harass raw milk farmers and co-ops based solely on the fact that the milk is unpasteurized. Americans have the right to consume these products but access has been severely limited by the FDA's regulations.

Consumers are increasingly seeking out raw milk as a natural, unprocessed food. Consumers and artisan food producers in states where raw milk cannot legally be sold (although it can legally be consumed) are seeking sources of raw milk from neighboring states. For example, consumers in Georgia buy raw milk from farmers in South Carolina, while consumers in New Jersey and Virginia seek out Pennsylvania raw milk farmers.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61816
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Support non-GMO seeds - vote YES on Senator Tester's "seeds and breeds" amendment #2234.



More and more, agriculture research is controlled by corporations who are focused on expanding their genetically engineered crops, and every year farmers are left with fewer choices of seeds that are not genetically engineered. Farmers who want to avoid growing genetically modified (GMOs) simply don't have good alternatives. And when farmers have no options, consumers have no options.



In the last Farm Bill, Congress directed the USDA to make classical plant and animal breeding a priority for funding, but the agency imposed hurdles in the grant-making process that have undermined this Congressional mandate. Tester's amendment would require the USDA to dedicate at least 5% of the grants for research to support classical breeding, as opposed to research on genetically engineered crops. The amendment does not call for any new expenditures by the government, merely an allocation of some existing research money for non-GMO research.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61817
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dianne Feinstein is such an old Hen - she has NO IDEA on a great many things...she needs to go!

Protect pastured poultry producers from new regulations - vote NO on Senator Feinstein's egg bill amendment #2252.

Senator Feinstein's bill was developed by the US Humane Society and the United Egg Producers and requires various changes in the living conditions for caged laying hens. Although pastured producers do not use cages, they will still be affected by the bill's requirements for labeling eggs and euthanasia. The bill's exemption for small producers covers only those who handle eggs solely from a single flock of three thousand birds or fewer. Thus, if small farmers work together to create a joint brand for marketing purposes, they will not be exempt from the bill no matter how small their individual flocks are. And those farmers who are trying to expand consumer access to high-quality food by maintaining large enough flocks for wholesale or restaurant distribution will be subject to the bill.

The egg bill requires that eggs be labeled as either "eggs from free-range hens," "eggs from cage-free hens," "eggs from enriched cages," or "eggs from caged hens." There is no option for labeling the eggs as "pastured." This means that pastured producers will be forced to label their eggs with the same label as a factory farm that allows the minimal access to the outdoors required for the free-range label, placing pastured producers at a significant competitive disadvantage.

The bill also places the American Veterinary Medical Association, an organization that has repeatedly supported factory farm production practices, in charge of what constitutes humane euthanasia for laying hens. It is unclear whether on-farm slaughter will be allowed, creating a significant problem for pastured producers who sell stewing hens once their layers are no longer productive.

While the conditions in factory chicken farms undoubtedly need to be changed, this bill is not the right way to do it.
NotHelping

North Augusta, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61818
Jan 8, 2013
 
Nuh wrote:
Dianne Feinstein is such an old Hen - she has NO IDEA on a great many things...she needs to go!
Protect pastured poultry producers from new regulations - vote NO on Senator Feinstein's egg bill amendment #2252.
Senator Feinstein's bill was developed by the US Humane Society and the United Egg Producers and requires various changes in the living conditions for caged laying hens. Although pastured producers do not use cages, they will still be affected by the bill's requirements for labeling eggs and euthanasia. The bill's exemption for small producers covers only those who handle eggs solely from a single flock of three thousand birds or fewer. Thus, if small farmers work together to create a joint brand for marketing purposes, they will not be exempt from the bill no matter how small their individual flocks are. And those farmers who are trying to expand consumer access to high-quality food by maintaining large enough flocks for wholesale or restaurant distribution will be subject to the bill.
The egg bill requires that eggs be labeled as either "eggs from free-range hens," "eggs from cage-free hens," "eggs from enriched cages," or "eggs from caged hens." There is no option for labeling the eggs as "pastured." This means that pastured producers will be forced to label their eggs with the same label as a factory farm that allows the minimal access to the outdoors required for the free-range label, placing pastured producers at a significant competitive disadvantage.
The bill also places the American Veterinary Medical Association, an organization that has repeatedly supported factory farm production practices, in charge of what constitutes humane euthanasia for laying hens. It is unclear whether on-farm slaughter will be allowed, creating a significant problem for pastured producers who sell stewing hens once their layers are no longer productive.
While the conditions in factory chicken farms undoubtedly need to be changed, this bill is not the right way to do it.
USDA and FDA may as well be done away with. Food and food ingredients as well as medicines and their ingredients are coming into this country from Mexico and China in ever increasing amounts. Do you think the companies in these countries comply with U.S. regulations? Why would they? Look it up, they are on the honor system.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,321 - 56,340 of123,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Greene County Clerk Race 8 min Intheknow 120
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 11 min Jerry 100
Happy Easter 30 min Dixie iron fist 7
Let's Praise Satan (Apr '11) 46 min Satan 180
Jimmy Carter gas .65 cents 2 hr FriendofDog 6
Sheriff Burns should resign (Mar '12) 2 hr beth 89
Looking for address Sheriff Barns, lawn mower r... 2 hr Lawn mower man 2
wreck 107 3 hr Travels 107 7
Greene County Mayor's Race 21 hr Mayor 2018 107
•••
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••