South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent.

Of course, dozens sought to blame it all (as usual) on President George W. Bush.

But in fact, it was Mr. Obama who enacted the “holiday,” and, to be clear, the tax cut that he pushed throughout the campaign — remember? 98 percent of Americans will get a cut under his plan?— was really the extension of the Bush tax suts. Thus, it was Mr. Obama who raised taxes on millions of Americans, not Mr. Bush.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.
So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent.
Of course, dozens sought to blame it all (as usual) on President George W. Bush.
But in fact, it was Mr. Obama who enacted the “holiday,” and, to be clear, the tax cut that he pushed throughout the campaign — remember? 98 percent of Americans will get a cut under his plan?— was really the extension of the Bush tax suts. Thus, it was Mr. Obama who raised taxes on millions of Americans, not Mr. Bush.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Truth Detector quote:
"Under this deal, 172 House Democrats voted to make the Bush rates permanent for all but 0.5 percent of American taxpayers. What that means is, is that they can no longer tax the middle class."

Geez, you guys talk in circles and contradict each other on a regular basis. I think you should get together and figure out which tax cuts you are talking about at any given time. You do know that the Bush tax cuts (rates) and the payroll tax cuts (SS) were two different things, right?
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

When you are talking about those 1 percenters and their hard work are we on the same page?
I see Big Pharma and their ties to the FDA and their DC friends and their pull that bribes create there deadly drugs that make billions and kill yet the fines of a few million and no jail time.Or are we talking my very best friends those friggin Banksters who sucked the world dry and...well we know how that played out.Would we be talking about Monsanto another one of my favorites.They are really rich but we'll be lucky if anything resembling life as we know it will continue to exist because they want to own it all.Who else could bankrupt our small farmers because the wind blew there crap in someones field or some bird took a crap and dropped their patented franken seeds?
It is really hard work threatening farmers and taking their farms their life.
I could go on and on with this hard work as I see it but I won't.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

President Obama's pick as Secretary of Defense, Hagel, I believe is a good one. The former Republican Senator will face a big fight by House Republicans(more evidence of Republicans eating their own) because of his position of Israel and Iran.
People of America, if you invest or own a business, the second Israel attacks Iran gas will go up to over $5.00 a gallon, and our weak economy will go into reverse.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>goobling???
LMAO! Darlin', you're gonna have to give me the Post number for that one, if it's really mine and not one of the Imposter's, because I don't even remember posting anything about Wolves.

I would say that I'm getting old and forgetful, but as many Posts as I've made in the last 3 plus years, on as many different subjects...an Idiot Savant couldn't remember all of them, much less just a garden-variety Idiot, like...yours truly??? Lol!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Oh, I should have mentioned that if it IS my Post, it had to be a Typo, because I don't think Wolves "gooble". In fact, I can't even imagine what the word is SUPPOSED to be.:)

But, I don't know much about Wolves...not the 4-legged kind, anyway! lol!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
When you are talking about those 1 percenters and their hard work are we on the same page?
I see Big Pharma and their ties to the FDA and their DC friends and their pull that bribes create there deadly drugs that make billions and kill yet the fines of a few million and no jail time.Or are we talking my very best friends those friggin Banksters who sucked the world dry and...well we know how that played out.Would we be talking about Monsanto another one of my favorites.They are really rich but we'll be lucky if anything resembling life as we know it will continue to exist because they want to own it all.Who else could bankrupt our small farmers because the wind blew there crap in someones field or some bird took a crap and dropped their patented franken seeds?
It is really hard work threatening farmers and taking their farms their life.
I could go on and on with this hard work as I see it but I won't.
What "Hey" ? Are you actually questioning the wisdom and altruistic tendencies of the 1%? Oh my God ! Didn't you know that they all have our best interests at heart ? Why they are the job creators ! Surely you wouldn't believe that they have anything but your and my best interests at heart, would you ? We nearly brought the country to it's knees over making these folks pay 4% more in taxes a week ago and you dare to post something like this ?
Those "banksters" didn't do anything wrong....they were duped by a bunch of poor people buying houses they couldn't afford ! Chuckles !!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What "Hey" ? Are you actually questioning the wisdom and altruistic tendencies of the 1%? Oh my God ! Didn't you know that they all have our best interests at heart ? Why they are the job creators ! Surely you wouldn't believe that they have anything but your and my best interests at heart, would you ? We nearly brought the country to it's knees over making these folks pay 4% more in taxes a week ago and you dare to post something like this ?
Those "banksters" didn't do anything wrong....they were duped by a bunch of poor people buying houses they couldn't afford ! Chuckles !!
LMAO! I couldn't have done the sarcasm any better, myself, OT. Good job!:)
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What "Hey" ? Are you actually questioning the wisdom and altruistic tendencies of the 1%? Oh my God ! Didn't you know that they all have our best interests at heart ? Why they are the job creators ! Surely you wouldn't believe that they have anything but your and my best interests at heart, would you ? We nearly brought the country to it's knees over making these folks pay 4% more in taxes a week ago and you dare to post something like this ?
I'm questioning a little bit but I did call them my favorites.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you can rest assured that I won't come to you because I don't even know who you really are and because you wouldn't share with me, if I did.
If the wealthy create jobs, where are they??? They've had a least 12 years and we're at 7.8% Unemployment and as you Teapublicans like to point out, it would be 16% if they counted everybody that's stopped looking for work because it's useless, so WHERE ARE THE JOBS that the wealthy have created...according to you? That's really a very Poor argument to make, considering the current Jobless crisis!
And your "fair and balanced" Fox Fake News...fair and balanced, what a joke... is not the only One station that presents both sides, they all do, except when it is an Interview and not a discussion! so, that is also a silly argument to make, but it points out that you don't even know what any other Station does, but you have never watched any, but Fox Fake News! That's an Addiction or Brainwashing that you crave reinforcement of each and everyday...or both! And I think you Teapublicans are scared to death of the Truth...and I posted an Opinion Article from an Opinion Writer from the Washington Post, saying the same thing , as told to him by some Republicans! They said that republicans are scared to death, but it wasn't clear to me, why? Paranoia, maybe, I don't know! But, I believe he was telling the truth because it shows in everything you, and Ones like you, say and do! But, what are you scared of, is the question? Scared that you won't get your way about everything? If that's it, well, welcome to the real world! We Democrats are used to it...we had G.W. Bush and Cheney for 8 years, remember? I still wasn't scared, but i was Pis*ed most of the time. If Fox Fake News is incited that much fear in you, then STOP warching it! It's Fake, anyway, made up Crap! They don't even expect you to take it seriously, Roger Ailes , himself, has said so. I heard him, it's not hearsay....I saw the Interview!
Steven Colbert is more truthful and his schtick is satire! Geez!"
DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT UNDER BUSH THE UNEMPLOYMENT WAS 4.6%. The last two years of Bush the unemployment when to the sky. Why, The Dem/Libs were in power in the houses of legislature. Really, who do you think create jobs? I would like to know. I do know that at least one of my employees will get the boot, since I have to pay higher taxes for them and myself. Should I give them you address as one of the DEM/LIBs that helped cause this? Check out the Sparta Expositor for Monday Jan 7, 2013, Mr. Ed Wood has a nice letter to the Editor. Kind of hard to disagree when he has the bill there to prove it. An now it is obvious they will try and take our guns away. Oh, Yes he is a bonafide Republican unlike myself a committed conservative Independent.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT UNDER BUSH THE UNEMPLOYMENT WAS 4.6%. The last two years of Bush the unemployment when to the sky. Why, The Dem/Libs were in power in the houses of legislature. Really, who do you think create jobs? I would like to know. I do know that at least one of my employees will get the boot, since I have to pay higher taxes for them and myself. Should I give them you address as one of the DEM/LIBs that helped cause this? Check out the Sparta Expositor for Monday Jan 7, 2013, Mr. Ed Wood has a nice letter to the Editor. Kind of hard to disagree when he has the bill there to prove it. An now it is obvious they will try and take our guns away. Oh, Yes he is a bonafide Republican unlike myself a committed conservative Independent.
You still run up that hill every time that lying little kid cries "Wolf!" don't you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT IT WAS BUSH'S POLICIES AND BUSH'S DEREGULATION THAT CAUSE THE ECONOMIC COLLAPSE AND THE SUBSEQUENT LOSS OF JOBS ???
I just posted an article from a well-known Business cite, yesterday, telling what the Unemployment rate was when Bush took Office and what it was when he left Office, and why the increase! I would suggest that you read it!
Bush , with Cheney's help, including breaking lots of tie vote counts in the Senate, that railroaded all of the changes through Congress that caused the Recession and it actually started the last YEAR of his Presidency, but REALLY went into crisis-mode in Nov. of 2008! That's when Hank Paulson worked the massive Wall Street Bailout Scam on the American People that I've been trying to get People like you to read about, for two days! But, all you People ant to do is attack the Author! It is true! I was glued to the TV, the whole time, wondering if we were going into another Great Depression! Watched when Bush called Obama and McCain in off the campaign trail to attend the Crisis Meeting at the White House, watched to see if Congress would approve the Bailout to keep the Country from going bankrupt on the following Monday, the supposed Deadline to save the Nation and the keep the Stock Market from crashing!
I LIVED IT...obviously you didn't! So, don't you dare lecture me about ANYTHING that happened during that time!!!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You still run up that hill every time that lying little kid cries "Wolf!" don't you?
Whats wrong---historic numbers confound you? This dog likes to play with real numbers instead of fuzzy math like most of the dem/libs want!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats wrong---historic numbers confound you? This dog likes to play with real numbers instead of fuzzy math like most of the dem/libs want!
Then, why don't you ever quote the accurate ones, instead of just making them up in your head, like all of you Teapublicans do?
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

OK--- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_...

Take a good read. Doubt it will help you and your talking point Dem/libs.

The unemployment is down in the "economic Indicators' about 3/4 of the way down the article.

Now that is facts.

Net we can get facts for your Obama for the first 4 years.

Pales in comparison
Mother

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

No To Vouchers for Schools In Tennessee

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times has a Democratic President knocked on your door and demanded you relinquish your guns? Any answer but ZERO would be considered "fuzzy math."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
OK--- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_...
Take a good read. Doubt it will help you and your talking point Dem/libs.
The unemployment is down in the "economic Indicators' about 3/4 of the way down the article.
Now that is facts.
Net we can get facts for your Obama for the first 4 years.
Pales in comparison
Fact -- unemployment grew by 60% from the beginning of his administration to the end.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Bank of America has frozen the account of gun manufacturer American Spirit Arms, according to its owner, Joe Sirochman.

“After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review -- her exact words were --‘We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.’
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

What stunned House Speaker John Boehner more than anything else during his prolonged closed-door budget negotiations with Barack Obama was this revelation: "At one point several weeks ago," Mr. Boehner says, "the president said to me,'We don't have a spending problem.' "

Mr. Boehner confirms that at one critical juncture he asked Mr. Obama, after conceding on $800 billion in new taxes, "What am I getting?" and the president replied: "You don't get anything for it. I'm taking that anyway."

Mr. Boehner is frustrated that Republicans were portrayed by the press as dogmatic and unyielding in these talks. "I'm the guy who put revenues on the table the day after the election," he says. "And I'm the guy who put the [income] threshold at a million dollars. Then we agreed to let the rates go up, on dividends, capital gains as a way of trying to move them into a deal.... But we could never get him to step up," Mr. Boehner says with a shrug. Negotiations with the White House ended in stalemate when "it became painfully obvious that the president won't cut spending."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••