Hey

Manchester, TN

#61753 Jan 7, 2013
Forget the Dr Briggins site I just put out it takes you to Charters Booze whatever?????
And no I didn't get that off my favorites list but I could have.Naw I don't like gin.
If you want to see Dr Briggins testimony Google it.
Goodbye

Houston, TX

#61754 Jan 7, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
...Wolves THAT are goobling...
goobling???
Goodbye

Houston, TX

#61755 Jan 7, 2013
Why do you try to explain anything to a moron? It makes you look foolish.
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so naive. I have noticed, stated, and many others have stated as well, that extremely long posts will often not be posted right away. Even though your part of the post was not long , the original post was very long and you quoted all of it.
This is and always has been normal. It does not happen with every long post. I have noticed that it happens more after I have made repeated long posts, and especially when doing a lot of C&P. However, they are always posted.
I believe that some things will automatically trigger a post to be reviewed by a moderator before posting. Stop being so impatient that someone may never see your "words of wisdom"(not) and wait a while before re-posting them and complaining about it. You are so insecure.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#61756 Jan 7, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>
AND, we can limit the size of gun magazines, and outlaw the ownership of large capacity ones that already exist. UNFORTUNATELY, that will not end the killing of innocents, just PERHAPS limit their numbers.
But even that is unlikely since the deadliest attack by a single shooter in US history was at Va Tech where Cho killed 32 and injured 17 before killing himself. The guns he used had only the standard 10 round clips. If you want to do the damage and prepare for it,as they all seem to do, very little can stop you. But, it s seems one sure fire way to stop most all of them is a good guy with a gun. Whether they are shot by armed security as in San Antonio or, as more often is the case, take their own life when police arrive.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#61757 Jan 7, 2013
President for life

Introduced:Jan 04, 2013 (113th Congress, 2013–2015)Sponsor:Rep. José Serrano D-NY-15

H.J.Res. 15: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

Changing an Amendment takes an average 7 years to make it's way though the required hoops.

First it must pass two thirds of both Houses of Congress then it's send to the states. Once it's ratifited by 3/4 of the 50 State Legislatures then it becomes an amendment.

The odds of that happening is very low.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hjr...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#61758 Jan 7, 2013
Mater wrote:
Has anyone looked up the high capacity gun magazines to see how many millions are out there already to go with the millions of guns already out there? It would be impossible to take everyone's guns. Besides that with a little knowledge, few dollars and access to a welder and grinder people could make their own high capacity gun magazines.
I don't think that kid in Ct. would have designed his own high capacity magazine in the basement if one wasn't available and handy.
How many millions of these magazines would not be out there if the ban on them had remained in place ?
What are your suggestions as to what to do about these mass murders ? And don't say arming teachers is the answer, please.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#61760 Jan 7, 2013
Nuh wrote:
President for life
Introduced:Jan 04, 2013 (113th Congress, 2013–2015)Sponsor:Rep. José Serrano D-NY-15
H.J.Res. 15: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.
Changing an Amendment takes an average 7 years to make it's way though the required hoops.
First it must pass two thirds of both Houses of Congress then it's send to the states. Once it's ratifited by 3/4 of the 50 State Legislatures then it becomes an amendment.
The same silliness was bandied about during the Bush Administration.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#61761 Jan 7, 2013
Nuh wrote:
President for life
NOTICE the date of 2009 when this was posted on Fact Check. Were you upset about this when it was proposed in 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, and 2007? All those bills died, and so will this one, so don't you think it is a waste of time trying to stir up outrage over it?

Posted on June 18, 2009
It’s true that New York Rep. Jose Serrano, a Democrat, introduced a bill (H.J.RES.5) on Jan. 6, when Congress opened, proposing the repeal of the 22nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which limits presidents to two terms. Repealing that amendment would require ratification by three-fourths of the states.

The bill was referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties and is sitting there now. It has no cosponsors.

Serrano introduced or cosponsored the same proposal in 1997 and 1999, when Democrat Bill Clinton was president, and again in 2001 just days before Republican George Bush was sworn in for his first term. He also introduced it in 2003, 2005 and 2007, all before Barack Obama even announced he was running for president.

All of these bills died in committee without ever coming to a vote. None of Serrano’s bills attracted any cosponsors, except for the 1997 and 1999 versions, each of which was cosponsored by Rep. Chris Shays of Connecticut, a Republican.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/third-term-f...
Hey

Manchester, TN

#61762 Jan 7, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think that kid in Ct. would have designed his own high capacity magazine in the basement if one wasn't available and handy.
How many millions of these magazines would not be out there if the ban on them had remained in place ?
What are your suggestions as to what to do about these mass murders ? And don't say arming teachers is the answer, please.
There is probably a lot of different issues.But considering that three 747s, three towers, and a hole in the Pentagon,along with a lot of dead Americans were instigated with a couple of box cutters -What?
Twj

Cosby, TN

#61763 Jan 7, 2013
We do not need corrupt millionaires in office.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#61764 Jan 7, 2013
Our wonderful Federal government, diligently protecting it’s citizens, has come up with another crisis that must be dealt with immediately. That’s right, in it’s zeal to push the populace into electric cars, one of the brighter light bulbs at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), figured out that electric cars don’t make enough noise, which puts pedestrians at risk.

So they have come up with some “noise” standards for electric cars.

That’s right, your Prius is going to make fake noises.

“NHTSA estimates the odds of a hybrid vehicle being involved in a pedestrian crash is 19 percent higher compared with traditional gas- or diesel-powered vehicles. For a bicycle crash, it's 38 percent higher.

"Our proposal would allow manufacturers the flexibility to design different sounds for different makes and models while still providing an opportunity for pedestrians, bicyclists and the visually impaired to detect and recognize a vehicle and make a decision about whether it is safe to cross the street," said NHTSA Administrator David Strickland.

Here’s one suggestion:

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#61765 Jan 7, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
Our wonderful Federal government, diligently protecting it’s citizens, has come up with another crisis that must be dealt with immediately. That’s right, in it’s zeal to push the populace into electric cars, one of the brighter light bulbs at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), figured out that electric cars don’t make enough noise, which puts pedestrians at risk.
So they have come up with some “noise” standards for electric cars.
That’s right, your Prius is going to make fake noises.
“NHTSA estimates the odds of a hybrid vehicle being involved in a pedestrian crash is 19 percent higher compared with traditional gas- or diesel-powered vehicles. For a bicycle crash, it's 38 percent higher.
"Our proposal would allow manufacturers the flexibility to design different sounds for different makes and models while still providing an opportunity for pedestrians, bicyclists and the visually impaired to detect and recognize a vehicle and make a decision about whether it is safe to cross the street," said NHTSA Administrator David Strickland.
Here’s one suggestion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mLr4CwkhvAcXX
I'd buy one if they could make it sound like a Star Wars Tie Fighter.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#61766 Jan 7, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
But even that is unlikely since the deadliest attack by a single shooter in US history was at Va Tech where Cho killed 32 and injured 17 before killing himself. The guns he used had only the standard 10 round clips. If you want to do the damage and prepare for it,as they all seem to do, very little can stop you. But, it s seems one sure fire way to stop most all of them is a good guy with a gun. Whether they are shot by armed security as in San Antonio or, as more often is the case, take their own life when police arrive.
Unlikely ? Probably, but it would stop for a moment the spraying of bullets as the shooter changes clips or reloads. That MAY provide an opportunity to run, get to better cover or jump him.
I can't see anything else that could be done legislatively to limit the killing, let alone stop it.
If guns are the answer,(and I have REPEATEDLY posted that I don't have the answer) then we need to be prepared to pay for an armed trained police officer for every school in the country.
I understand your point....and I actually agree with most of it, but I STILL see no reason for anyone to own a 30 or a 50 round clip and I own and been around guns and hunting all of my life. I would like to preserve our second amendment rights AND protect school kids as best we can and I am sure you want the same thing.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#61767 Jan 7, 2013
Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent.

Of course, dozens sought to blame it all (as usual) on President George W. Bush.

But in fact, it was Mr. Obama who enacted the “holiday,” and, to be clear, the tax cut that he pushed throughout the campaign — remember? 98 percent of Americans will get a cut under his plan?— was really the extension of the Bush tax suts. Thus, it was Mr. Obama who raised taxes on millions of Americans, not Mr. Bush.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#61768 Jan 7, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.
So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent.
Of course, dozens sought to blame it all (as usual) on President George W. Bush.
But in fact, it was Mr. Obama who enacted the “holiday,” and, to be clear, the tax cut that he pushed throughout the campaign — remember? 98 percent of Americans will get a cut under his plan?— was really the extension of the Bush tax suts. Thus, it was Mr. Obama who raised taxes on millions of Americans, not Mr. Bush.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Truth Detector quote:
"Under this deal, 172 House Democrats voted to make the Bush rates permanent for all but 0.5 percent of American taxpayers. What that means is, is that they can no longer tax the middle class."

Geez, you guys talk in circles and contradict each other on a regular basis. I think you should get together and figure out which tax cuts you are talking about at any given time. You do know that the Bush tax cuts (rates) and the payroll tax cuts (SS) were two different things, right?
Hey

Manchester, TN

#61769 Jan 7, 2013
When you are talking about those 1 percenters and their hard work are we on the same page?
I see Big Pharma and their ties to the FDA and their DC friends and their pull that bribes create there deadly drugs that make billions and kill yet the fines of a few million and no jail time.Or are we talking my very best friends those friggin Banksters who sucked the world dry and...well we know how that played out.Would we be talking about Monsanto another one of my favorites.They are really rich but we'll be lucky if anything resembling life as we know it will continue to exist because they want to own it all.Who else could bankrupt our small farmers because the wind blew there crap in someones field or some bird took a crap and dropped their patented franken seeds?
It is really hard work threatening farmers and taking their farms their life.
I could go on and on with this hard work as I see it but I won't.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#61770 Jan 7, 2013
President Obama's pick as Secretary of Defense, Hagel, I believe is a good one. The former Republican Senator will face a big fight by House Republicans(more evidence of Republicans eating their own) because of his position of Israel and Iran.
People of America, if you invest or own a business, the second Israel attacks Iran gas will go up to over $5.00 a gallon, and our weak economy will go into reverse.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#61771 Jan 7, 2013
Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>goobling???
LMAO! Darlin', you're gonna have to give me the Post number for that one, if it's really mine and not one of the Imposter's, because I don't even remember posting anything about Wolves.

I would say that I'm getting old and forgetful, but as many Posts as I've made in the last 3 plus years, on as many different subjects...an Idiot Savant couldn't remember all of them, much less just a garden-variety Idiot, like...yours truly??? Lol!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#61772 Jan 7, 2013
Oh, I should have mentioned that if it IS my Post, it had to be a Typo, because I don't think Wolves "gooble". In fact, I can't even imagine what the word is SUPPOSED to be.:)

But, I don't know much about Wolves...not the 4-legged kind, anyway! lol!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#61773 Jan 7, 2013
Hey wrote:
When you are talking about those 1 percenters and their hard work are we on the same page?
I see Big Pharma and their ties to the FDA and their DC friends and their pull that bribes create there deadly drugs that make billions and kill yet the fines of a few million and no jail time.Or are we talking my very best friends those friggin Banksters who sucked the world dry and...well we know how that played out.Would we be talking about Monsanto another one of my favorites.They are really rich but we'll be lucky if anything resembling life as we know it will continue to exist because they want to own it all.Who else could bankrupt our small farmers because the wind blew there crap in someones field or some bird took a crap and dropped their patented franken seeds?
It is really hard work threatening farmers and taking their farms their life.
I could go on and on with this hard work as I see it but I won't.
What "Hey" ? Are you actually questioning the wisdom and altruistic tendencies of the 1%? Oh my God ! Didn't you know that they all have our best interests at heart ? Why they are the job creators ! Surely you wouldn't believe that they have anything but your and my best interests at heart, would you ? We nearly brought the country to it's knees over making these folks pay 4% more in taxes a week ago and you dare to post something like this ?
Those "banksters" didn't do anything wrong....they were duped by a bunch of poor people buying houses they couldn't afford ! Chuckles !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EBOLA possibly coming to a town near you 6 min Dr Wu 8
Greene County Schools 8 min shocked 64
natasha munsey (Mar '14) 9 min TRASH FINDER 13
Renee Fillers and Matthew Blow 10 min who cares 21
What do think about free mansions 10 min Dr Wu 11
BLEEDNG HEART Reublicans worried about Obama's ... 20 min Kohlrabi 3
Why cant people in Greene County pronounce Bail... 25 min beltonGurl 62
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 43 min Jennifer Renee 4,567
get rid of Robert Sayne 4 hr resident 34
whorin around 5 hr heeler 13
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]