“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#61679 Jan 6, 2013
HoT wrote:
<quoted text>
First if all the Rollingstone is a very liberal paper. So you are a very liberal person. Let me ask you, if NBS, MSNBC, CNN, CBS etc. are so good why is it they only have liberals/ democrats on the shows they have spitting out information about the other side. WHyis there a double standard for the lib and Conservs. Yes we both have our far fringes but its the left middle to far left that worries me. Most of these are drawbacks from the hippie days where free love, drugs where started. If you recall that was during JFK/Johnsons time. Oh JFK was a conservative. MY goodness, over half of this nation is taking from the gov. in one way or the other."Why should I work if I can make it and not do nothing" You have the vote and from now on it will be republican only. But remember this. Those kids that were not hippies, grew up training their kids to watch out for your kind. The children of today especially those college kids when they hit reality and find the cannot find a job. Maybe another 20 years, if China does not attack us and take us over.
Using Rolling Stone as a news source is like using High Times articles as facts for complaints against Ted Nugent.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/nugen...
Besides all you Liberals should love Uncle Ted for being a draft dodger. You elect them. Clinton not only dodged the draft but then went to England and protested the war on foreign soil.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#61680 Jan 6, 2013
HoT wrote:
AT least FOX News has both side, which lets me decide what is going on unlike the other side being mindless and lead down the primrose path to destruction.
Amen to that.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#61681 Jan 6, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>Oh brother ! You are still blaming Fannie and Freddie ?
You are an ass. The banks took advantage of the government buying up bad paper. This was a perfect illustration of how good intentioned government ideas go awry, but for you to blame it solely on the banks is just as naive. But then, you've proven yourself to be a liberal tool - especially your admiration for that idiot Bernie Sanders.

But it is karma that this article was written by one of more odious of liberals, supporting my post:

Barney Frank is bored, and has applied, no, make that begged for Kerry's Senate seat should we be stupid enough to make him defense whatever.

From out of the stratosphere comes Joe Klein, saying that Barney's stewardship over FNMA. WHOA! Imagine that. Someone Barney's probably sucked off 100 times in the House mens room, calling him out for his incompetence.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/01/04/barney-f...

"I’ve known Barney for more than 40 years and he’s been a terrific public servant, with one exception: his non-oversight of FNMA (Fannie-Mae) as House Banking Committee chair. That should eliminate him from consideration as even a temporary Senator."

WHOA! But it gets better!

"Barney is smart and clever, and very funny. He has fought the good fight on issue after issue. But he went AWOL when it came to Fannie-Mae and Freddie-Mac, the two semi-sorta-but-really-not-non- governmental mortgage banks whose cheesy practices led to the raft of ridiculous and crooked mortgage lending that, in turn, led to the Wall Street speculation that led, in turn, to the Great Recession."

"Frank’s initial rationale was a good one: home ownership is a good thing. As many Americans should own homes as is economically reasonable–but not every American. As Gretchen Morgensen and Joshua Rosner write in Reckless Endangerment, Fanny and Freddie began pushing the limits in the late 1990s, backing sub-prime mortgages, mortgages without downpayments, mortgages without any research at all into whether individuals could reasonably pay for the houses that they were trying to buy. Its executives pulled massive salaries and bonuses–and made massive campaign contributions."

Can you spell Frank Raines, Maxine Water's succubus? But wait, Klein doesn't stop there.

"Both Barney and Chris Dodd, his Senate counterpart, enjoyed the largesse and looked the other way–and worse. Frank secured a job at Fannie-Mae for his partner. Dodd received a sweetheart loan from the mega-sleazy Angelo Mozilo, the scoundrel in charge of Countrywide Mortgages. Neither of them took the massive Fannie and Freddie housing abuses seriously enough to investigate. Even if we want to be kind, that kind of negligence argues against any further Congressional service for Frank–not even the temporary appointment to the Senate to replace John Kerry until a special election can be held. Indeed, the Dodd-Frank era of federal oversight–including the actions of new ranking Democratic member of the House Financial Services Committee, Maxine Waters– should be the subject of a Congressional inquiry."

Joe Klein is one of YOUR guys, sweetie. He's calling out the REAL bad guys. The ones who enriched themselves, no matter WHICH side was doing more wrong.

"Democrats have a special responsibility to rigorously police the government programs they favor. In the midst of a long and thoughtful career as a politician, Barney Frank sadly neglected this duty–and helped caused an economic calamity that wiped out the life savings of millions of people he claimed to represent. He shouldn’t be rewarded for that with a Senate seat; quite the opposite, he needs to find a way to make amends."

NEVER will this happen. Because sycophants like you just line up and regurgitate the party line.

I wonder who kidnapped the real Joe Klein?

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/01/04/barney-f...
HoT

Beechgrove, TN

#61682 Jan 6, 2013
to "NTMD8OR"
THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#61683 Jan 6, 2013
In case you don't know, HSBC openly admitted laundrying Drug Money.
----------
"Taibbi, Spitzer Fume Over HSBC Settlement.(VIDEO): Segment Aired On 'Viewpoint With Eliot Spitzer'."

Click here:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/videos/t...

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#61684 Jan 6, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
Rep. Jose Serrano reintroduced a bill to repeal presidential term limit.
Maybe we can just make Obama Emperor. Or King.
He thinks he already is.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#61685 Jan 6, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
It is truly amazing to me that you Teapublicans simply DO NOT have the ability to think, other than in the most simplistic terms!
You harp and harp about somebody stealing a penny from you, in your estimation...but you totally ignore the Bank Robber who just stole every dollar you have, out of your Bank Account!
Nobody stole anything out of my bank account.. My assets are safe in my safe.

Location hidden

#61686 Jan 6, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ass. The banks took advantage of the government buying up bad paper. This was a perfect illustration of how good intentioned government ideas go awry, but for you to blame it solely on the banks is just as naive. But then, you've proven yourself to be a liberal tool - especially your admiration for that idiot Bernie Sanders.
But it is karma that this article was written by one of more odious of liberals, supporting my post:
Barney Frank is bored, and has applied, no, make that begged for Kerry's Senate seat should we be stupid enough to make him defense whatever.
From out of the stratosphere comes Joe Klein, saying that Barney's stewardship over FNMA. WHOA! Imagine that. Someone Barney's probably sucked off 100 times in the House mens room, calling him out for his incompetence.
"I’ve known Barney for more than 40 years and he’s been a terrific public servant, with one exception: his non-oversight of FNMA (Fannie-Mae) as House Banking Committee chair. That should eliminate him from consideration as even a temporary Senator."
"Barney is smart and clever, and very funny. He has fought the good fight on issue after issue. But he went AWOL when it came to Fannie-Mae and Freddie-Mac, the two semi-sorta-but-really-not-non- governmental mortgage banks whose cheesy practices led to the raft of ridiculous and crooked mortgage lending that, in turn, led to the Wall Street speculation that led, in turn, to the Great Recession."
"Frank’s initial rationale was a good one: home ownership is a good thing. As many Americans should own homes as is economically reasonable–but not every American. As Gretchen Morgensen and Joshua Rosner write in Reckless Endangerment, Fanny and Freddie began pushing the limits in the late 1990s, backing sub-prime mortgages, mortgages without downpayments, mortgages without any research at all into whether individuals could reasonably pay for the houses that they were trying to buy. Its executives pulled massive salaries and bonuses–and made massive campaign contributions."
Can you spell Frank Raines, Maxine Water's succubus? But wait, Klein doesn't stop there.
"Both Barney and Chris Dodd, his Senate counterpart, enjoyed the largesse and looked the other way–and worse. Frank secured a job at Fannie-Mae for his partner. Dodd received a sweetheart loan from the mega-sleazy Angelo Mozilo, the scoundrel in charge of Countrywide Mortgages. Neither of them took the massive Fannie and Freddie housing abuses seriously enough to investigate. Even if we want to be kind, that kind of negligence argues against any further Congressional service for Frank–not even the temporary appointment to the Senate to replace John Kerry until a special election can be held. Indeed, the Dodd-Frank era of federal oversight–including the actions of new ranking Democratic member of the House Financial Services Committee, Maxine Waters– should be the subject of a Congressional inquiry."
Joe Klein is one of YOUR guys, sweetie. He's calling out the REAL bad guys. The ones who enriched themselves, no matter WHICH side was doing more wrong.
"Democrats have a special responsibility to rigorously police the government programs they favor. In the midst of a long and thoughtful career as a politician, Barney Frank sadly neglected this duty–and helped caused an economic calamity that wiped out the life savings of millions of people he claimed to represent. He shouldn’t be rewarded for that with a Senate seat; quite the opposite, he needs to find a way to make amends."
NEVER will this happen. Because sycophants like you just line up and regurgitate the party line.
Heaven Forbid that you should stray from your Teapublican Talking Points! You would be speechless.

Location hidden

#61687 Jan 6, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven Forbid that anybody should take away your assigned Teapublican Talking Points. You would be speechless!

Location hidden

#61688 Jan 6, 2013
I've posted the same Post twice and Topix wouldn't put it up...and there was nothing in it that violates Topix TOS, either!

I guss that we have the Rogue Moderator, that's on a Power-trip, working this Evening!

Location hidden

#61689 Jan 6, 2013
Lol! NOW, it shows up...Post #61687!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#61690 Jan 6, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
"Both Barney and Chris Dodd, his Senate counterpart, enjoyed the largesse and looked the other way–and worse. Frank secured a job at Fannie-Mae for his partner. Dodd received a sweetheart loan from the mega-sleazy Angelo Mozilo, the scoundrel in charge of Countrywide Mortgages. Neither of them took the massive Fannie and Freddie housing abuses seriously enough to investigate. Even if we want to be kind, that kind of negligence argues against any further Congressional service for Frank–not even the temporary appointment to the Senate to replace John Kerry until a special election can be held. Indeed, the Dodd-Frank era of federal oversight–including the actions of new ranking Democratic member of the House Financial Services Committee, Maxine Waters– should be the subject of a Congressional inquiry.
I'm making a prediction as I post this link...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/marvi...
Another Conservative Myth Busted -- Did Fannie and Freddie Really Cause the Financial Sector Meltdown?

Location hidden

#61691 Jan 6, 2013
One of the biggest differences between us Democrats and the Far, Far-Right Teapublicans is that we are capable and willing to consider any and all "sensible",(emphasis on SENSIBLE) information that we are presented with! Teapublicans won't even read or listen to it, much less consider it, if it doesn't conform to their Predetermined Mindset!

The "Don't confuse me with Facts, My Mind is already made up" quote, absolutely and truly is, their way of thinking!
That also explains why they are so informed and will remain that way! Like I posted before, they are truly a "Lost Cause"...even as their Political World, and Party, is collapsing around them!
green with envy

Livingston, TN

#61692 Jan 6, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm making a prediction as I post this link...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/marvi...
Another Conservative Myth Busted -- Did Fannie and Freddie Really Cause the Financial Sector Meltdown?
Yes,Yes it did.

Location hidden

#61693 Jan 6, 2013

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#61694 Jan 6, 2013
green with envy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,Yes it did.
I suppose you also obediently believe that ACORN, dead liberals, and the Black Panthers collaboratively effected an Obama presidency as well, correct?
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#61704 Jan 6, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you also obediently believe that ACORN, dead liberals, and the Black Panthers collaboratively effected an Obama presidency as well, correct?
]

No. The moron vote did.

Location hidden

#61705 Jan 6, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>]
No. The moron vote did.
Awww, now you know that's not true...You Teapublicans didn't vote for Obama!:)
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#61706 Jan 6, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
Forget the article, read about the idiot who wrote it:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2010/02/...

Rolling Stone writer Matt Taibbi, torturer of John Kerry, enemy of the Pope, coiner of "vampire squid," has built a career for himself as the consummate caller of bullshit. "He’s unique in that he doesn’t see anything that is good," a former editor tells Vanity Fair. "He just notices the flaws in people." But woe to those who point out his flaws, as writer James Verini, who met with Taibbi found while trying to write a piece about Exile, the English-language magazine Taibbi co-published in Moscow in the nineties.

I mentioned some of the Exile pieces of his I planned to write about, and he said,“That was covered in the book.” I told him yes, that was true, but the book had been published in 2000, and, frankly, I didn’t think it was very good.

“The book wasn’t good?” he said.

“No, I didn’t think so,” I said.

“My book?” he said.

“Yes, the Exile book. I thought it was redundant and discursive and you guys left out a lot of the good stuff you did,” I said.

At this, Taibbi’s mouth turned down and his eyes narrowed.

“Fuck you,” he snarled, and then picked up his mug from the table, threw his coffee at me, and stormed out.

The restaurant was packed with customers, and they all turned to watch as I sat there, stunned, coffee dripping from my face. The waiter arrived with the milkshake Taibbi had ordered. After wiping myself off a bit, I went outside, where Taibbi was putting on his coat, and asked him to calm down and come back into the restaurant. He walked up to me, glaring, beside himself with rage.

“Fuck you!” he yelled.“Did you bring me here to insult me? Who are you? What have you ever written? Fuck you!” I tried to talk to him, but gave up when he walked away. I went back inside, paid the bill, left, and began walking up Sixth Avenue. Halfway up the block, I turned around, and Taibbi was behind me.

“Are you following me?,” I asked. He walked toward me, raising his arms as though preparing to throttle me or take a swing.

“I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do with you!” he said.

“Are you kidding?,” I asked.

But the anger in Taibbi’s eyes was genuine, and, after some more glaring, he fumed off. That was the last I saw of him.

It's always those who dish it out who have the hardest time taking it.

And you take this asshole seriously.

Proving once more that Obama got the moron vote.....

Location hidden

#61707 Jan 6, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget the article, read about the idiot who wrote it:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2010/02/...
Rolling Stone writer Matt Taibbi, torturer of John Kerry, enemy of the Pope, coiner of "vampire squid," has built a career for himself as the consummate caller of bullshit. "He’s unique in that he doesn’t see anything that is good," a former editor tells Vanity Fair. "He just notices the flaws in people." But woe to those who point out his flaws, as writer James Verini, who met with Taibbi found while trying to write a piece about Exile, the English-language magazine Taibbi co-published in Moscow in the nineties.
I mentioned some of the Exile pieces of his I planned to write about, and he said,“That was covered in the book.” I told him yes, that was true, but the book had been published in 2000, and, frankly, I didn’t think it was very good.
“The book wasn’t good?” he said.
“No, I didn’t think so,” I said.
“My book?” he said.
“Yes, the Exile book. I thought it was redundant and discursive and you guys left out a lot of the good stuff you did,” I said.
At this, Taibbi’s mouth turned down and his eyes narrowed.
“Fuck you,” he snarled, and then picked up his mug from the table, threw his coffee at me, and stormed out.
The restaurant was packed with customers, and they all turned to watch as I sat there, stunned, coffee dripping from my face. The waiter arrived with the milkshake Taibbi had ordered. After wiping myself off a bit, I went outside, where Taibbi was putting on his coat, and asked him to calm down and come back into the restaurant. He walked up to me, glaring, beside himself with rage.
“Fuck you!” he yelled.“Did you bring me here to insult me? Who are you? What have you ever written? Fuck you!” I tried to talk to him, but gave up when he walked away. I went back inside, paid the bill, left, and began walking up Sixth Avenue. Halfway up the block, I turned around, and Taibbi was behind me.
“Are you following me?,” I asked. He walked toward me, raising his arms as though preparing to throttle me or take a swing.
“I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do with you!” he said.
“Are you kidding?,” I asked.
But the anger in Taibbi’s eyes was genuine, and, after some more glaring, he fumed off. That was the last I saw of him.
It's always those who dish it out who have the hardest time taking it.
And you take this asshole seriously.
Proving once more that Obama got the moron vote.....
I am a total Admirer if his, for his honesty and his willingness to tell it like it is. That's his job and too many of his colleagues are more concerned about "stepping on the wrong People's toes". I was also a great admirer of his Father's Reporting, also, Mike Taibbi!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feeling lonely for the holidays 2 min Dixie iron fist 114
Why so paranoid? 18 min csmaven 27
Ever did it with a family member 50 min Dr Wu 11
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 1 hr Agree 65
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 5,575
How offen do u eat her out? 2 hr 123 say alimony 26
old towne gate motors (Jan '11) 2 hr b u m 158
Principal at Mosheim 17 hr oh lawd 55
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:21 am PST

ESPN11:21AM
Rivera 'confident' Newton will start Sunday
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
ESPN 9:39 AM
Setback-free Newton to start against Browns
NFL11:45 AM
Panthers' Cam Newton named starter vs. Browns