Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 2,811)

Showing posts 56,201 - 56,220 of123,922
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

HoT wrote:
In fact, Bush told them (a known fact that keep getting buried)that if they kept loaning money on homes people who could not pay for them, failing of the banks would happen.
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
We're creating... an ownership society in this country, where more Americans than ever will be able to open up their door where they live and say, welcome to my house, welcome to my piece of property.- President George W. Bush, October 2004.[2]
Oh, you're SO smart. But HoT is correct. The Bush Admin had been warning about Fannie & Freddie. But your party of morons and the press called this racism. Remember that mensa member Maxine Waters testifying in 2004 and saying, Mr. Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac, and in particular at Fannie Mae, under the outstanding leadership of Mr. Frank Raines. Everything in the 1992 act has worked just fine.”

I guess that’s not on your DNC list of witty comebacks.

Of course the reason she was testifying was that beginning in April 2001, the Bush Administration’s FY02 budget declared that the size of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is “a potential problem,” because “financial trouble of a large GSE could cause strong repercussions in financial markets, affecting Federally insured entities and economic activity.” And in May of 2002, the President called for the disclosure and corporate governance principles contained in his 10-point plan for corporate responsibility to apply to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

This lead to Freddie Mac announcing in 2003, that it had to “restate” financial results for the previous three years. This was kinda like the shit hitting the fan, if you will. Indeed, in February, the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) released a report explaining that “although investors perceive an implicit Federal guarantee of GSE obligations,”“the government has provided no explicit legal backing for them.” As a consequence, unexpected problems at a GSE could immediately spread into financial sectors beyond the housing market.

Was anyone listening? No! We were too busy making fun of Bush to pay attention.

In September Fannie Mae disclosed the SEC investigation and acknowledged OFHEO’s review found earnings manipulations.

Uh, oh. Earnings “manipulations”. I like that term. It’s liberal for “We f_cked you over.”

In October, Fannie Mae discloses $1.2 billion accounting error. I mean manipulation. Just a small one.

In February 2004, the President’s FY05 Budget again highlights the risk posed by the explosive growth of the GSEs and their low levels of required capital, and called for creation of a new, world-class regulator:“The Administration has determined that the safety and soundness regulators of the housing GSEs lack sufficient power and stature to meet their responsibilities, and therefore…should be replaced with a new strengthened regulator.”

Well, that was too much for democrats. Barney Frank called the Bush admin “racist”, Maxine supported ole Franklin Raines, probably because she was getting part of the $90 million he took when he left.

One thing is for sure though, Obama will never be able to say,“We're creating... an ownership society in this country.” On the other hand, maybe he will. The government will own the people.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh, you're SO smart. But HoT is correct. The Bush Admin had been warning about Fannie & Freddie. But your party of morons and the press called this racism. Remember that mensa member Maxine Waters testifying in 2004 and saying, Mr. Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac, and in particular at Fannie Mae, under the outstanding leadership of Mr. Frank Raines. Everything in the 1992 act has worked just fine.”
Of course the reason she was testifying was that beginning in April 2001, the Bush Administration’s FY02 budget declared that the size of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is “a potential problem,” because “financial trouble of a large GSE could cause strong repercussions in financial markets, affecting Federally insured entities and economic activity.” And in May of 2002, the President called for the disclosure and corporate governance principles contained in his 10-point plan for corporate responsibility to apply to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
This lead to Freddie Mac announcing in 2003, that it had to “restate” financial results for the previous three years. This was kinda like the shit hitting the fan, if you will. Indeed, in February, the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) released a report explaining that “although investors perceive an implicit Federal guarantee of GSE obligations,”“the government has provided no explicit legal backing for them.” As a consequence, unexpected problems at a GSE could immediately spread into financial sectors beyond the housing market.
Was anyone listening? No! We were too busy making fun of Bush to pay attention.
In September Fannie Mae disclosed the SEC investigation and acknowledged OFHEO’s review found earnings manipulations.
Uh, oh. Earnings “manipulations”. I like that term. It’s liberal for “We f_cked you over.”
In October, Fannie Mae discloses $1.2 billion accounting error. I mean manipulation. Just a small one.
In February 2004, the President’s FY05 Budget again highlights the risk posed by the explosive growth of the GSEs and their low levels of required capital, and called for creation of a new, world-class regulator:“The Administration has determined that the safety and soundness regulators of the housing GSEs lack sufficient power and stature to meet their responsibilities, and therefore…should be replaced with a new strengthened regulator.”
Well, that was too much for democrats. Barney Frank called the Bush admin “racist”, Maxine supported ole Franklin Raines, probably because she was getting part of the $90 million he took when he left.
One thing is for sure though, Obama will never be able to say,“We're creating... an ownership society in this country.” On the other hand, maybe he will. The government will own the people.
Oh brother ! You are still blaming Fannie and Freddie ? Let me get this straight....you don't think this mess had ANYTHING to do with the fact that housing value was rising faster than it could be calculated by bank appraisers ? I know a couple of "investors" that would buy a house, slap a coat of paint on it in a week and sell it at a 33% profit in a matter os a few more days. That is called a housing bubble.
Add to that the fact that banks no longer held the mortgages but sold them to Wall Street Banks which turned then into "investment grade securities" to be sold to fools, after they were submitted to the ratings agencies (sometimes numerous times until they were given favorable ratings) then betting against those very investments with firms like AIG and you get what we got....the shaft.
Fannie and Freddie were the tip of the iceburg.....no MUCH smaller than that, but keep your head in the sand, dont spend any time looking at the whole picture. You might learn how the taxpayers, and those folks who took out those loans from Freddie and Fannie were both handed a crap sandwich and made to eat it as the bankers on Wall Street ate filet mignon WE paid for.
HoT

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

No this started back in Carter days, where the afirmative plans was to put as many people in a home regardless of the fact most of them could not pay for it. It reached its climax in the early days of Clinton and carried forth in the Bush years.Why would you loan somebody $30,000 to buy a home knowing they could not pay for it. Part of it was the banks. If the person defaulted, they would get the property back at a reduced cost. Their assets would go sky high. Where the problem was the gov. said ok if you do this we will guarantee it but they could not because so many had bee sold. It most all Democrats and I am sure there were a few Liberal republicans. Everyone wants to bring home the bacon so they will get reelected.

Now it is so simple. Just tell the people on subsidies the Republicans are going to take them away and poof-----you have your democratic voter regardless of the surrounding reality.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
This article, a serious treatise about outlawing billionaires, came out on Jan 3. You're just getting around to it? And you call yourself informed?
Let's see. No Billionaires. Means no Microsoft. No Facebook.
Good move.
What...no Billy Boy Gates? Oh No.You mean 47,000 kids from India would be spared from his(US rejected)wonderful polio vaccine program help which has left those kids paralized.
Oh too bad no Billy.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Rep. Jose Serrano reintroduced a bill to repeal presidential term limit.

Maybe we can just make Obama Emperor. Or King.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

HoT wrote:
Now it is so simple. Just tell the people on subsidies the Republicans are going to take them away and poof-----you have your democratic voter regardless of the surrounding reality.
Would that work the same for corporate subsidies as well? Or should I expect some backpedaling?
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Welfare recipients take out cash at strip clubs, liquor stores and X-rated shops

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/poor_some_...

"They’re on the dole — and watching the pole.

Welfare recipients took out cash at bars, liquor stores, X-rated video shops, hookah parlors and even strip clubs — where they presumably spent their taxpayer money on lap dances rather than diapers, a Post investigation found."

"The state Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA), which oversees the “cash assistance program,” even lists some of these welfare-ready ATMs on its Web site."

Maybe they're looking for jobs in these places.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

OH.Did I mention previously how the people of Iceland dealt with their bankers even when the EU put them(Iceland) on their terror list.
Oh I believe I did.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Why can't I print money out of thin air?
The new Qe4 from me.It will be to bailout the folks who got f**cked from the previous bailouts and it is there for all Dems and Pubs and Indies.
You think this is funny? It's not any friggin different then the s**t they're doing is it?
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Bore???Bahaha !!!
Really Sassy wrote:
This will bore the heck out of some of you and fascinate some of the Others. but, my personal thought was, "What a Bunch of Balogna"! Look how much we're spending for this, and this is the best we can get for the massive amount of our spent Taxpayer dollars? What a Rip-off!
----------
"The Future According To The U.S. Intelligence Community."
(" Megatrends, Game-Changers, Black Swans, Techonic Shifts, and a world not that different from 2012.")
Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/u...
freebird

Rutledge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

why this outdatd infoso popular

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>Oh brother ! You are still blaming Fannie and Freddie ? Let me get this straight....you don't think this mess had ANYTHING to do with the fact that housing value was rising faster than it could be calculated by bank appraisers ? I know a couple of "investors" that would buy a house, slap a coat of paint on it in a week and sell it at a 33% profit in a matter os a few more days. That is called a housing bubble.
Add to that the fact that banks no longer held the mortgages but sold them to Wall Street Banks which turned then into "investment grade securities" to be sold to fools, after they were submitted to the ratings agencies (sometimes numerous times until they were given favorable ratings) then betting against those very investments with firms like AIG and you get what we got....the shaft.
Fannie and Freddie were the tip of the iceburg.....no MUCH smaller than that, but keep your head in the sand, dont spend any time looking at the whole picture. You might learn how the taxpayers, and those folks who took out those loans from Freddie and Fannie were both handed a crap sandwich and made to eat it as the bankers on Wall Street ate filet mignon WE paid for.
Thank you, OT! That's EXACTLY what the Article outlines, in detail, and explains it so that even Morons should be able to understand it, if they read it carefully. It's an extremely complicated Scam , by the Big Wall Street Banks, aided by the Federal Govenment, that still going on and the american People are still being lied to about it and deceived, while the Big wal Street Banks have raked in trillions of Taxpayer dollars...and that's still going on, too.
The Big Wall Street Bankers are truly robbing this Nation and the American Taxpayers of amounts of money that stagger the mind, while being the most inept and incompetent at the business they're in, but absolute geniuses at "robbing America" AND manipulating the Stock Market...and the Federal government is aiding and abetting them and lying to the American People to cover it all up, and this has been going on through Bush's and Obama's Adminstrations because Bush and Paulson set it up with the "Wall Street Bailout", so that we cannot get stop doing it, without destroying the Nation! And yet, we cannot afford as a Nation, to keep doing it , without destroying the Nation, also! We're in a "Catch-22", as a Nation, that we CANNOT get out of, while the Wall Street Bankers get rich beyond any of our Wildest dreams and we , as Individuals and as a Nation, are having our Life's Blood sucked right out of us, by this Enormous "Ponzi-scheme", with no end in sight, until it's ALL gone!
You want to know why we're Trillions of Dollars in debt...well, alot of it went and is going to the Big Wall Street Banks and Bankers and will continue to do so, if something isn't done to change it! But, what can be done NOW, that won't destroy the Nation and all of us? I believe that Nobody knows what to do that the consequences wouldn't be worse than the action, itself. Yet, in the meantime, we're going in a financial hole that will destroy all of us,and the Nation eventually, anyway! But, the Fat Cats on Wall Street are, and will be Wealthy, beyond their Wildest Dreams and couldn't care less. After all, they've designed and are carrying out a Scheme that is robbing the Richest Nation in the world of every penny she has...and convinced this Nation's Leaders to go along with it and to help cover it up!
They may be total Idiots when it comes to Banking , but they are Masterminds at committing Financial Crimes and Manipulation!
READ THE ARTICLE!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
Welfare recipients take out cash at strip clubs, liquor stores and X-rated shops
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/poor_some_...
"They’re on the dole — and watching the pole.
Welfare recipients took out cash at bars, liquor stores, X-rated video shops, hookah parlors and even strip clubs — where they presumably spent their taxpayer money on lap dances rather than diapers, a Post investigation found."
"The state Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA), which oversees the “cash assistance program,” even lists some of these welfare-ready ATMs on its Web site."
Maybe they're looking for jobs in these places.
You really need to stop worrying about, and blaming, the Ants at your Picnic, while ignoring the Pack of Wolves are goobling up your food right in front of you, and are going to start eating you alive, at any time!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

...Wolves THAT are goobling...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

It is truly amazing to me that you Teapublicans simply DO NOT have the ability to think, other than in the most simplistic terms!

You harp and harp about somebody stealing a penny from you, in your estimation...but you totally ignore the Bank Robber who just stole every dollar you have, out of your Bank Account!

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have as big a problem with that as I so Sassy's scenario. I don't think we should be paying drug addicted parents so that they can keep their children because we all know drug addicted parents are not taking care of their kids with that money. If we really have that big a problem with drug addicted parents, then maybe it is time we open orphanages in this country because the chances of a child raised in that environment becoming productive members of society are slim, so it sounds like we are perpetuating the problem.
I said in my first post that I understand some people needing those benefits. I have seen several that I don't think fit that category. I know some 30 to 40 somethings that are on it because they have back pain, and will work for cash if they can find someone who will give it to them. I have back pain too... I believe the lawyer ads on TV are a good indication that we have a problem. They show those 30 to 40 somethings that are so happy that the lawyer got them "the money they deserve". No, I do not want those people and drug addicts drawing SS disability benefits!
Unreal I was discharged medically from the military 42 years ago because of a back injury. I have and still do work every day. Some days the pain is worse than others but the pain of starvation is much worse than the back pain will ever be. I refuse to live off of a Government check. I was raised that everyone should be productive citizens of this great Nation. I will work as long as I am able and that will likely be a very long time.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
We are still getting a tax break on our income taxes. The R's insisted that this same break must extend all the way up to $450,000 per year!(They look after the rich)
What you are talking about is the temporary holiday on withholding tax (SS) Obama gave us a couple of years back to help us in the recession. So the current 4.2% withholding goes back to the usual 6.2%. Toughen up and don't be bitter about the election outcome.
To people new to the workforce since the temporary holiday was put into place, this is an increase.
crzzzd

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
What you are not factoring in is that, the Bottom dropped out of the economy in Nov. before Bush was out of office the following Jan...less than two months later. So, Obama's first Term got the full brunt of the damage that was caused during Bush's two Terms.
Obama didn't cause it, Bush did...but the results of Bush's actions, weren't fully felt until Obama's First Term in office. They had barely started to materialize, but they had started in Nov., before Obama took office and they became fully apparent during Obama's first Term in Office.
Remember who was President and who appointed Hank Paulson, a former Goldman-Sachs CEO, to come up with the Wall St. Bailout and who told Congress that if they didn't vote it in by the following Monday, the Country would go bankrupt because because Wall Street, and the U.S. Economy would crash? Bush was the President who did all of that at the end of his Second Term, before Obama took Office. It was all a farse because Bailing out Wall street did nothing but save the Big Wall Street Bankers, but it happend on Bush's Watch, not on Obama's. It was left up to Obama to save the Country!
And who had control of the Congress on Bush's watch? The President cannot ruin the economy alone. Obama had 2 years to try and do something with a Democratic Congress and he could not even get them to pass 2 budgets. He still can't get his own party to approve ANY of his proposed budgets.

On top of everything else he is taking no responsibility for any of this. He said that he will not negotiate on the debt ceiling because Congress had to pay the bills for the laws THEY passed. Last I heard, passed laws were not enacted until signed by the President.

This makes him every bit, if not more, responsible for the added 6 trillion debt on his watch. Obama has borrowed more money on his watch than all other Presidents combined, up till the end of Bush's first term, and by the end of his second term he will have long surpassed all other Presidents, but, you still wanna blame Bush.

Obama has many things to learn. Just a couple of those are. 1. Jobs that provide growth are not created by the Government. Government jobs only put a higher tax burden on everyone thereby stifling growth. 2. You cannot borrow your way out of debt. It is one thing when a Corporation borrows money to expand or produce a new product. They can then pay that loan back from the profits. But this Government is borrowing money for giveaways that do not produce anything except the expectation of more giveaways. Eventually the day will come, and that day is getting dangerously close, when this country will owe more than it can ever repay.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw it...I'm the One who posted the Article, remember?
I also posted the Article that said the Automobile Industry and the General Motors Bailout did more to save the U.S. economy than any other single action, and explained how and where they are, economically, today, world-wide, in sales. But, I guess you didn't read that one....but you should! I believe, if memory serves, it was a Forbes Article, a very Conservative Business Site, in case you don't know!
Go tell the people in Detroit about that bailout and how they were saved. The home of GM, Ford, and Chrysler, as well as the American automobile industry itself, is a shadow of its former self. And dear old Detroit wants another bailout. Tell them to get the money from the Unions that are so precious to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,201 - 56,220 of123,922
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

94 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Carter gas .65 cents 2 min jamie smiles 11
I love this forum because?????? 4 min jamie smiles 232
WW rants same bs nearly 2 yrs ago 20 min Lithium 36
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 43 min Non-Fan 201
wreck 107 51 min Thomas 15
Barb Sell 57 min jamie smiles 5
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 1 hr John 58,241
Greene County Clerk Race 9 hr Berry 128
•••